Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A History of Olden

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

A History of Olden Empty
PostSubject: A History of Olden   A History of Olden EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 6:28 pm

How better to describe the history of this community than what I've been learning over time via talking to good kids and old kids. I'm a new kid, so, I haven't been able to see a lot of this; but, I'm a big fan of this place, and as such, I'd like to give back in the form of something OoC.

In the beginning... so it was...

Geowulf, sounds alot like Gandalf-Beowulf doesn't it? Well, this guy started it all. He was the leader and founder; judge jury and executioner. He was an idol, or ruled as such, and his divine grace was to be held in the highest esteem. He was known of as Stingwraith in times prior to his existence as the progenitor god of Olden, and before killing the community he wanted to copy, Desertia, to do so.

Under him were three Head Admins.

Drakonnan was one such of these peoples, and he was a hard-line administrator, he had a colorful cast of characters, and developed the intense love of totally destroying and or humiliating Pat that we all love today. Surely this man was a genius, if originally unapproachable.

TRUlyjuST is another one of these people, and, you can find remaining posts of this person on our forums! He seems generally well liked, and like a pretty chill fellow. I've heard he was less focussed on Admining, and more on actually roleplaying and having a good time. I like how that sounds.

Another one was known of as Mack. I know nothing of Mack, nothing. I've heard some pretty strongly worded reports that he is the personification of ass; but, I can't say why that may be.

With this administrative structure, Olden began in the Summer-Fall of 2008. Wow, that's a LONG time ago. Olden went strong and lively until the winter of that year, where, things started to die down (wow, it's not just us newfags suck). For a period of time, the RP switched to Infection RP, which was a largely enjoyable, short term experiment. A few months later, Olden was back, but, the original Administration fell apart.

The golden rule of Geowulf fell down, and in its place was his personally selected official; Matt O'Brien. He is well spoken of, and seemed to be a good leadership figure for the community. Also, it was he who set our current list of asshole overlords over us, alongside an unfortunate innocent amongst them.

One of these total asshats is a person named Pat. That name is garbage. Go fall down, right now. He lives for being abused and beaten on in every way shape and form, also, he takes pleasure in typing slowly. We should beat him with sticks.

Rutabega would be the next. If Ruta had a nickle for every braincell he had in his head, he'd have four pennies. I've seen water-dipping birds smarter and less-autisticly inclined than him. I'd ask him to fall down, but, I'm not sure he'd understand.

And making a return, was TRUlyjuST. Unfortunately, he would have to abide these new kids.

---

Skipping now to the modern day, as I continue to learn more, I can add to the local history to which I am accustomed.

---

The administration is helmed by those once-new-now-old kids known as Pat and Ruta. They haven't changed at all, save a worsening in every single fault that they've ever had. Together, they continue to unite a swarm of players and community members against them in every single thing they do. They must really love the abuse, or just the attention.

A few new faces have jumped in and out of Administration, through the moderator ranks as well as the administrative roles.

Markka has disappeared, we presume him to have been abducted by some terrible sea monster. Please, send help. He will soil himself if left within the confines of some massive beast. He doesn't deserve this fate.

Munroe has similarly disappeared, but he does speak to me. He's a right fellow, with a long history within the community. He does however find himself busy with this Real Life Crap that's going around. I've done that before; the graphics are good but the lens flare is shit, it's hard, the respawns are dogshit, everybody powerplays me, and the cyber isn't that good.

Krug is someone whom I'm sure we will all have known about by now. Along with the Krug-n-bunch, he's no longer with us. Please donate to the Krug-n-fund, so that we may advertise the need to remove warning labels from products everywhere, so that we can all start safely downing bottles full of pills next time an issue such as the one that claimed Krug arises again.

Branching off, here we have VenomOPS. This is a funny fellow, mostly because he spent more time gunning to get people on the forumRP with his mod status, than he did assisting on server. Hell, he advertised the forumRP during in-server events. He builds cyborgs in fantasyRPs; he also has this weird disease where he likes to pitch in if he can, fuckin' freak.

Xeloras has been a kid on this community for some time, and I've earned a lot of respect for him; it's hard to make a necrophiliac look like an appealing character, and much less so to make kids like you on the community when you're not there. We love you sir, but, history shows; we like everyone until their around enough to interrupt our Shovin'-Buddies episode.

Some reject named Dominator046 got into the moderator status, and he's written some stuff for the community too. If his total sex-appeal can be determined by some mathematical function taking in his time on server, forums, time talking to kids regarding Aeria, and writing content for the server; someone please shove a couple buck shot shells through his face and get his ass off our planet.

Last, but not least, Kain. Kain? Who is that guy? I don't remember typing this up. It doesn't matter. Kain always finds a way. He is, he was, he will always be an admin we can't escape from, and yet, not an admin at all. Truly, he may have been our best and our brightest if only he didn't get bored and sidetracked so easily.
Back to top Go down
Matt O'Brien
Scrublet
Matt O'Brien

A History of Olden Empty
PostSubject: Re: A History of Olden   A History of Olden EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:02 am

This is surprisingly very accurate. I don't believe we've met, but I like you so far. I've still been lurking on these forums from time to time, and I don't want to see on of the last bastions of roleplay go down. I've recently been trying to decide if between my two jobs I'd have time to return here, if only a few days a week. I love this place and seeing it still living and breathing makes me truly happy.
Back to top Go down
Aeria Roleplay
Administrator
Aeria Roleplay

A History of Olden Empty
PostSubject: Re: A History of Olden   A History of Olden EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 10:57 am

Matt O'Brien wrote:
This is surprisingly very accurate. I don't believe we've met, but I like you so far. I've still been lurking on these forums from time to time, and I don't want to see on of the last bastions of roleplay go down. I've recently been trying to decide if between my two jobs I'd have time to return here, if only a few days a week. I love this place and seeing it still living and breathing makes me truly happy.
There's a fucking old sight. Matt O'Brien, you bastard, it's been a long time.

Edit - This is Pat. Sometimes I forget to log into my own account..
Back to top Go down
https://aeriaroleplay.rpg-board.net
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

A History of Olden Empty
PostSubject: Re: A History of Olden   A History of Olden EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 2:20 pm

Aeria Roleplay wrote:
Matt O'Brien wrote:

Which doesn't shock any of us in the least.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

A History of Olden Empty
PostSubject: Re: A History of Olden   A History of Olden EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 8:23 pm

Matt O'Brien wrote:

Seeing a post like that, I have reason to believe you are a fine sir. I may have to actually find something mean to write about you in the post above if I can find anything to use as roasty-but-not-below-the-belt.
Back to top Go down
Matt O'Brien
Scrublet
Matt O'Brien

A History of Olden Empty
PostSubject: Re: A History of Olden   A History of Olden EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:40 am

Rutabega wrote:
Aeria Roleplay wrote:
Matt O'Brien wrote:

Which doesn't shock any of us in the least.

Will it ever shock anyone to see me come back every once in a blue moon? I love this place. I'll keep lurking till either me or the server dies.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST
Scrublet
TRUlyjuST

A History of Olden Empty
PostSubject: Re: A History of Olden   A History of Olden EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 2:15 pm

As Matt said, surprisingly accurate for someone who didn't live through it. You did skip a bit during Olden's original golden age that could have been spotlighted, and I actually wasn't a Head Admin in the very beginning, I was in the first batch of Basic Admins, then got promoted after a time. I actually used to want to do something like this for so long, a real, proper OOC history of Olden, and I find it ironic that someone who wasn't even there loves the community enough to make one. I applaud ye sir, was a good read (and I got a little happy that people still talk about me, :D.)
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

A History of Olden Empty
PostSubject: Re: A History of Olden   A History of Olden EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 3:47 am

Thank you TRUST (I read the forums, I see what you did there, with the help of old things), I'm hoping to add to it eventually; I just need to keep badgering the old kids on my list for more story-time. = P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A History of Olden Empty
PostSubject: Re: A History of Olden   A History of Olden Empty

Back to top Go down

A History of Olden
Page 1 of 1