Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The olden MUD/MUSH

Go down 
+4
LawnJesus
thorogoodd
Spadge
Rutabega
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

The olden MUD/MUSH Empty
PostSubject: The olden MUD/MUSH   The olden MUD/MUSH EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:03 pm

So, while we wait for a good rp script to return to gmod me and Pear have been working on a little project. Basically it's a MUD/MUSH of the Surna docks area. It's not terribly big but, being a MUD is could get as big as we want it.

In short, I'm looking for thoughts and opinions. We'll see about putting it up once it's done (next few days, maybe sooner) and I'd also know if you guys want the mud rp to take place during the modern Aeria age, or during the old days, the "Age of Heroes" that took place in old olden.
Back to top Go down
Spadge
Vengaboy
Spadge

The olden MUD/MUSH Empty
PostSubject: Re: The olden MUD/MUSH   The olden MUD/MUSH EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:04 pm

And for the people who don't know what a MUD is, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUD
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

The olden MUD/MUSH Empty
PostSubject: Re: The olden MUD/MUSH   The olden MUD/MUSH EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 7:40 am

Damn this thread is lacking thoughts or ideas.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

The olden MUD/MUSH Empty
PostSubject: Re: The olden MUD/MUSH   The olden MUD/MUSH EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 8:28 pm

thorogoodd wrote:
Damn this thread is lacking thoughts or ideas.

This, exactly this. The mud has massive possibilities. If you want any building, house, store anything added, I can add it if you give me a layout and description for each room, not that we need more of that right now. This whole thread is about provoking interest again and to anyone that might be reading, you're all doing a shit job of doing your parts, to be frank.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus
Giant Scrub
LawnJesus

The olden MUD/MUSH Empty
PostSubject: Re: The olden MUD/MUSH   The olden MUD/MUSH EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 11:16 pm

I don't really have any standing within the Olden world to have any solid ideas, however I do like the idea of doing a text-based game to carry on the torch.
Back to top Go down
J. Jordan
Almost-Member
J. Jordan

The olden MUD/MUSH Empty
PostSubject: Re: The olden MUD/MUSH   The olden MUD/MUSH EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 7:01 am

Hey, I'd play it until our server gets the script.
Back to top Go down
Critical Tortoise
Scrub
Critical Tortoise

The olden MUD/MUSH Empty
PostSubject: Re: The olden MUD/MUSH   The olden MUD/MUSH EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 2:22 pm

Modern Aeria plz.

Can't have Crit without Brenna.

Can't have Brenna without modern Aeria.

AND NO I DON'T FEEL LIKE MAKING A NEW CHARACTER. MY IMAGINATION. IT CAN ONLY DO SO MANY THINGS AT ONCE.
Back to top Go down
J. Jordan
Almost-Member
J. Jordan

The olden MUD/MUSH Empty
PostSubject: Re: The olden MUD/MUSH   The olden MUD/MUSH EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 2:34 pm

Hey, it's only a temp server. We'll have our sever back when Tira is updated.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

The olden MUD/MUSH Empty
PostSubject: Re: The olden MUD/MUSH   The olden MUD/MUSH EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 3:08 pm

I like what I'm seeing so far, and as a temp, it could in fact go pretty far. = ) Hope to see Tira working again soon though.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

The olden MUD/MUSH Empty
PostSubject: Re: The olden MUD/MUSH   The olden MUD/MUSH EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 11:17 pm

Well, Tira or whatever other non darkrp script there is. Also, it's all pretty much done, I've got to write up some more descriptions for rooms but that's about it. I'll admit I haven't been working on it as of late but now I've got a bit of time off.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

The olden MUD/MUSH Empty
PostSubject: Re: The olden MUD/MUSH   The olden MUD/MUSH EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:32 pm

I HAVE RETURNED TO CAUSE MUCH PAIN AND SUFFERING!

FEAR MY LACK OF BELIEVABLE TURMOIL!!!

MWAHAHAHAHA!

P.S. I love the idea.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

The olden MUD/MUSH Empty
PostSubject: Re: The olden MUD/MUSH   The olden MUD/MUSH EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 1:22 pm

Also, I would like to ask that you specify the MUD engine being used so that I can start doing my homework on the compatibility for my computer. One might be surprised by the lack of functional games for my computer despite its performance as a gaming computer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The olden MUD/MUSH Empty
PostSubject: Re: The olden MUD/MUSH   The olden MUD/MUSH Empty

Back to top Go down

The olden MUD/MUSH
Page 1 of 1