Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Eos

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

The Eos  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 6:20 am

Bumping.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/VenomOps
Marauder
Dedicated Poster
Marauder

The Eos  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 9:58 am

Ok so I read everything, I'm cool with it as long as you're cool with the detriments to your race.

First off your race is 15 feet tall, that means they're on a low grav planet and have a weaker bone structure. This means their bones can break from punching them. Humans are 10 feet shorter on average, meaning gravity is much influenced in what we can make. The weaker the gravity the weaker the materials and building things.

This translated to your building materials too, they'd be weaker because your race is weaker and their perceived strength would be based on weaker gravity. So unless you roughly quadruple the build time, your units wont be able to withstand a single shot from anything, even if the shields take 100% of the blow, the shot will send the ship spinning end over end or cripple itself, hell if they fire their cannons with enough force to hit one of my ships, you'll break your own ship. So options are either add a lot of time to make ships up to spec with earth grav ships, or weak army. I'm fine with either lol

Next is their heads, they're walking tumors. They run such a high risk for cancer. If they have huge psychic power, they're 15 foot blow pops, and put that on normal gravity and they'll fall down hard. Any body armor or anything will damage the hell out of them lol, bodyarmor and shields would kill them, let alone them actually carrying them, oh and god help them if they try to fly a fighter in space at speeds that are actually competitive to anyone else's fighters, they would kill themselves if they make a turn at all, 3G's hitting them would shatter their entire bone structure and kill them, unless you go slow and make them huge.

Anyway if you want a gangly brittle boned species with sub par tech and huge tumors constantly risking suicide, thats your business. Other than these things I've got no problem with your race, so if you're willing to accept those detriments, you got my vote man!

Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

The Eos  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 10:22 am

Well, first off the materials wouldn't be weaker. Metal is metal.
Psychic power would reinforce their bodies if anything, and they're muscular. Plus, most of the military isn't based on them, but rather the machines.

The Feir themselves are only five feet taller than Zaedrax, which are doing perfectly fine. Same homeworld, same everything. Thing is, Zaedrax didn't evolve on Bihbulba. Bihbulba is normal gravity, their original world wasn't. So no, their gravity is completely normal.

Also, this post never mentioned low gravity, so i'm unsure why you'd make that assumption. There are bigger creatures and sentients in Dominion lore, and there are other balancing factors for this race.
Back to top Go down
Marauder
Dedicated Poster
Marauder

The Eos  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 11:04 am

Well you have to understand they're either 15 feet and giant (i.e. in mass) meaning normal gravity, or 15 feet and very skinny (low gravity) otherwise evolution wouldn't allow them to thrive, as well, evolution gives and takes and the bigger something is, its either massive so it can support their weight, or skinny and light to support the size. You also have giant heads if you want to me that psychically powerful, and that generally means you let your body be weaker. On the other hand if you go big, they'd be completely unable to do most things at 15 feet, think Elcor from Mass Effect. So if you've got big elephants how do you plan on getting them to use intricate technology?

You do raise a point about the zaedrax, that means they'd be weaker too if they're not big, so they would not be able to win a fist fight or have a lot of gear, but five more feet is a huge difference as you're now roughly 3 times the size of a human, so you can either go big or go small, and small and weak means normal gravity and weaker building materials to be able to lift them. Or extremely increased build times because of their weaker bodies, remember yo have to mine them, process them, put them together in a rudimentary fashion to be able to even get them to space. If you're going big then these guys are going to be completely useless in space combat, their fighters are gonna be a lot slower and their ship reaction time will suffer immensely from their size, unless you're going way outside your tech level to make these guys.

If they're big enough to be 15 feet, and massive enough to not break, then how do they assemble anything other than primitive weaponry, or you run the risk of having so few that if you suffer any losses you put your entire species at risk.

Again going 15 feet brings a lot of detriments to the table, unless you're going to be a completely overpowered race that kills everything it touches, but then thats not fair at all. The nice things about humans is that they're not really special, you don't have to explain how they do things because we are human. For aliens you need to explain why they're like that and how they actually can survive evolution and be able to create something as advanced as double shields and railguns (which will drain the hell out of your power supply, short of fusion).

The real problem with your race is they're either too powerful or make no evolutionary sense whatsoever. Unless you can accept the huge detriments coming from a race that big, and I tried to be nice about it earlier, but unless these guys are equipped with more faults, or explanations as to their limitations, I'm gonna have to make a vote against it as its just an overpowered race.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

The Eos  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 11:38 am

Size is 15 feet, and they have a smaller population compared to most races. Also consider, these are NOT the majority of the Eos, most being robotic, and roughly 6-8 feet tall.

I have considered all the factors for them, and outfitting them is a massive strain on economy and the nation. However, one can argue that perhaps humans could be difficult to outfit, if said person was as small as mice.

It all depends on perspective.

Once again, they aren't the majority, and only few sections of the Eos vessels can house them properly.
Back to top Go down
Marauder
Dedicated Poster
Marauder

The Eos  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 11:49 am

As long as you're willing to accept these guys are fighting a really uphill battle, then I'm fine with having them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Eos  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Eos
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Forum Roleplay :: [ DOMINION ] :: Empires-
Jump to: