Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Eos

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 3:24 pm

I'll just drop this here:

PhoenixRhapsody wrote:

Anatomy

Body: Hermaphroditic crustacean
The Eos  - Page 2 Tyrgac10
---Length: 20 feet, average from tip of the head to tip of the tail.
---Weight: 1,250 pounds, average.
---Color: Black and grey bodies with the exception of the face, which ranges widely from solid black to speckled purples and greens.
---Appendages: At the rear of the skull are carapace-covered tentacles with probosces at the end for consuming liquids, intercourse, or functioning as spare fingers. They have a long, heavily armored carapace that is used to absorb radiation as well as protect their undersides as the slither along the ground. They have two humanoid arms with long, delicate claws for tearing apart and devouring prey.
---Internal Anatomy They eat raw meat as the sole form of nutrition. Their three stomachs can digest bones and other hard foods with little problems, making it easier for them to get what they need for survival. They produce their own body heat.

Mind: Psionic
The Tyrgac have a unique and unbreakable bond that holds them all together at the most foundational levels. This bond is formed as the infantile Tyrgac is gestating in a brood pouch with its other siblings. Their proximity to the other Tyrgac is what allows them to become part of the Pit. Without it, any Tyrgac would be animalistic and feral. The few that are naturally born without the connection are killed and eaten to prevent the feral genetic code from spreading.

Johnny wrote:

Hierfall'ün ; Truebreed. The elites of the Hierodulite race. These skulking monstrosities vary in size and purpose, but hold significant standing within the Protectorate as commanders and overseers. Born from spawning pools which contain the royal Queen's DNA structure. Average size: 9 - 27 feet

Rämos'la ; Queenborne. The true children of the Queen. These beasts grow to become gargantuan in size and are in almost every scenario used as living siege engines or heavy workers. Born from the sacred womb of the Hierodulite Queen herself. Average size: 48 - 65 feet[/font]

Size isn't as far fetched.

Blitz wrote:

1, a not fucked up page that is 10 pages too wide.

2, no iron giants with psychic powers.

1. Please specify. My computer is different from yours, and all the pictures that messed up my computer were put in spoilers.

2. You're not reading on purpose. As for psychic, every race and their grandmother is psychic. If you want to complain about a giant race that is psychic, complain about the mass. They are the size of Three Planets, and have a psychic power to match.

Other changes will be made, don't get angry about it, but i'll also go over it with Gambit to work out the specifics and such.

Munroe wrote:
Venom OPS wrote:
Change log:

Striders bumped down to 65-70 feet tall

Only 5 trillion AI

Removal of Energy Projectors from Retribution and from tech list, resulting in a bump down to tier 1-2 weapons.

1. Why must they be so tall?

2. That's still a hell of lot of AI programs...

3. "Tier 1-2" weapons?

1. Because they are. There are a fuck ton of downsides, and that will be rp'ed accordingly. (Extreme difficulty interacting with other races/ Very hard to set up efficient agriculture to accommodate their size/ Only their machines will work for them/ Giant, slow, unstable targets.)

2. Fixing

3. The tier system was abolished with Gambit's updated tech thread, i'm just doing it for convenience. Tier 1-2 means that they have tech in tier 1, and in between to or on two. Only tech on two is Particle beams and enhanced railguns (MAC). It just shows that it is falling into a bit of wiggle room.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/VenomOps
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 3:30 pm

you don't understand. this isn't a discussion. you'll do what you're told.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 3:39 pm

I will not submit without valid reason. This will be discussed with gambit too, and we'll all try to get it resolved. All you're doing is making statements, and providing no backing or reasoning. Do you not like there being many psychic races? Do you not like height?
At least give me some reasons, and furthermore, take action. You may not like me, but it shouldn't be the reason you let one man make a massive psychic race, and not allow me to make one as well.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be difficult, I just want to preserve my original idea and design.

Everything else, I will work to change, and adapt to make sure it fits into Dominion.

I'm getting off now, power is out and don't want to have my battery die mid sentence. This will be discussed further tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 7:38 pm

Venom OPS wrote:
This will be discussed with gambit

I am the law.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/1232513055
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 10:28 pm

the mass is different, the mass is a GM authed space plague. as for other psychic entities, the huge insects or whatever of the tyranids or whatever they were were rare. and phoenix's race isn't 60 fucking feet tall.

all in all, you're just trying to be an OP nation
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 1:50 am

Judge Gambit wrote:
Venom OPS wrote:
This will be discussed with gambit

I am the law.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 4:19 am

The Mass is not the size of three planets. It's not even as big as one planet. And considering the fact that every ship and structure it builds must be made out of itself, it has to be large. The largest clump of Mass in the galaxy is on its homeworld, where a layer coats large areas of the ocean's surface and land, for solar harvesting purposes. There are also 6 massive towers on the planet, used to produce ships.

Also, there's only one Hierodule Queen, not 10 billion. The Pit are only 20 feet long because they have long tails.
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:48 am

Venom OPS wrote:
I will not submit without valid reason.

The Eos  - Page 2 092012-dredd-3d

Venom wrote:
Most Striders can be up to eighty feet tall in rare individuals, but generally range from 65 to 70 feet tall. Striders are known for having psychic power equal to their large size. They strongly treasure nature and wildlife, and that is perhaps on of the few things they agreed upon with the Zaedrax.

Psychic power is not determined by size, but brain power. Brain power that high makes me question how the fuck are they not fucking the Zaedrax right now.

The size thing is a little ridiculous because where the fuck do they get food from to maintain a high population. Let alone have a ship that can garrison 150 of them, with food and supplies, while maintaining enough power for life of 5 million AI things, and tons of ammunition... Is overstepping the logical boundary. A ship that large would likely be torn in half by the gravity of a planet and be absolutely eaten alive by any smaller fleet.

The judgement, overstepping logical boundaries and powergaming. The jury finds you guilty.

Sentence, change it or be -snip- cue signature song
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 1:18 pm

EDIT:

Flagship shrunk by two miles

Strider race divided into two races: Feir and Dynl

Dynl inherit massive size, stand at forty feet high at maximum

Population changes
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 1:33 pm

Quote :

The Eos  - Page 2 1339253219971

what the actual fuck. did gambit approve of this or are you just being stubborn again?
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 1:41 pm

Blitz wrote:
Quote :

The Eos  - Page 2 1339253219971

what the actual fuck. did gambit approve of this or are you just being stubborn again?

It was shrunk more than two-fold. I would ask him for a range, but the fact of the matter is that they are in extreme few numbers, are fragile, have no physical strength, and are huge targets. They aren't the majority, and they aren't "Unstoppable"

I'd ask Gambit for a range, but i'm not making them any shorter than 30 feet tall. They are large, and that's something that i'd like them to have. The ship has been shrunk too, two miles smaller, now on par with most other flagships.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 1:55 pm

well to be fair everything in the thread was a half baked idea. honestly why the fuck do they need to be so god damn big it makes no sense. and having something be 30 feet tall and frail doesn't really make much sense anatomically.. if they don't the muscles to fight or defend themselves, how did they ever evolve? they'd die. not to mention if they don't have the muscular strength to do that, at that size.. they'd probably be as frail as someone with osteogenesis imperfecta, or in lamens terms "glass bones disease".

I told you to put them at 10-15 feet, that is pretty god damn large, but not stupid huge. I don't know what to tell you. If gambit didn't tell you it's OK to put it at 30 feet, it's not going to be at 30 feet, I can tell you that right now.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 2:08 pm

Perhaps, but they are very powerful psychics. They use that to balance themselves, and can use it defensively.
The idea of a frail yet psychically powerful entity been done before

As I've said much before, I will discuss it with Gambit. He has quite a bit on his plate, so it will probably take some time, but it will get done.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 2:13 pm

No, you're going to listen to me. I'm a GM, they're going to be within 10-15 feet. Physically frail psychics are expected but having the jolly fucking psychic giant is stupid. I was making a point of their frail and extremely big anatomy making them impossible to exist, because they'd not be able to function if they were 2 stories tall and "frail".

If you don't comply now you're just going to dig yourself into a deeper hole, and just piss off gambit whenever he gets around to dealing with it.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 2:15 pm

Why would I make a second race for them, that is only two feet taller than the other ones?

Your reasoning with allowing the forty foot tall guys was that they were "rare", these guys are rare as well.
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 4:51 pm

The Law wrote:
General Nation Rules
1. You have limits, know them. Everything must be on the reasonable and rational level. This must be done for everything. Advancements, empires, and the way you live your life when you get off this forum.

I can't believe I had to make the first nation rule that specific after "You have limits, know them." I am not going to go over this because I know you know what needs to be done. I've been too damn forgiving with the repeated law offences and overstepping your authority to the players here.

You have a day to fix it or it is gone.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:51 am

Edit:

Dynl reduced to 18 feet tall: more than five times smaller than the original height; population slightly increased due to smaller size.
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 5:15 am

Your ship is bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 5:50 am

Venom OPS wrote:
Edit:

Dynl reduced to 18 feet tall

Blitz wrote:
I'm a GM, they're going to be within 10-15 feet. .

you are defiant to the fucking end, aren't you?

whatever, 18 feet tall it is.

And yes, your ship is still OP
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:24 am

Blitz wrote:
I'm a GM, they're going to be within 10-15 feet. .

This will be enforced.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:46 am

Edit:

Lowered number of defenses and defense layers

Tertiary armaments nerfed.

Added Inejaw Cruiser, Zealot Troop Transport Frigates, and Aldoss Utility Frigates.

Tech levels have been nerfed: 1-2 means a median between one and two, but not two.
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 5:42 pm

Failure to comply has resulted in multiple, precision snips to be fixed according to General Rule #1.

My next warranted action will be the deletion of empire thread.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 4:45 am

Judge Gambit wrote:
Failure to comply has resulted in multiple, precision snips

Quote :
The Eos  - Page 2 1lA4v
Quote :
The Eos  - Page 2 1lzRW

Size:
The Retribution is 21,120 feet long, or 4 miles, or 6.4 kilometers.

Meanwhile looking at another two empire's starting capital ships:

Quote :
The Eos  - Page 2 1lASU

25,220 feet, or 4.7 miles, or 7.6 kilometers

Quote :
The Eos  - Page 2 1lAWq

88,164 feet, or 16.6 miles, or 26.8 kilometers.

I'd say the Retribution's size is reasonable.

Garrison:
Quick note: Think-Tank units are INDIVIDUAL AI, not actual physical entities. "Shells", are the physical units.

The Retribution houses 30,000 combat shells, and 5,000 Feir units.
Should be noted, Combat Shells are machines, and require no food, living quarters, or mortal needs, allowing for more to be on a vessel than normal organic units.

Let's take a look at two other starting nations' capital ships' garrisons:

Quote :
The Eos  - Page 2 1lB2A

Not an unreasonable amount of units, and is the exact number of units on the Retribution.

Quote :
The Eos  - Page 2 1lB24

Alright, so this 6 mile long ship has 1,141,320 living units garrisoned on it.

165,000 of them are:
Quote :
The Eos  - Page 2 1lBbX
Pretty massive. Regardless, we have another 55,000 guys who are:
Quote :
The Eos  - Page 2 1lBc8
Pretty much living vehicles, and in massive numbers.

As you said Gambit:
Judge Gambit wrote:
The size thing is a little ridiculous because where the fuck do they get food from to maintain a high population. Let alone have a ship that can garrison 150 of them, with food and supplies, while maintaining enough power for life of 5 million AI things, and tons of ammunition... Is overstepping the logical boundary. A ship that large would likely be torn in half by the gravity of a planet and be absolutely eaten alive by any smaller fleet. The judgement, overstepping logical boundaries and powergaming. The jury finds you guilty.
That was for 150, 100 foot tall giants. Not 55,000 65 feet tall ones. If you're going to call me out for doing something like that, I would certainly hope the same applies to others, and it isn't just some sort of bias because I am
Blitz wrote:
being stubborn again

Armor and Shielding:
The Retribution has six layers of armor, four particle shield layers, and two kinetic barriers.

Let's look at some other vessels:

Quote :
The Eos  - Page 2 1lBmT
Ok, so their hulls may be of a lesser material, but there still are twelve layers of them. Shields however, outnumber the Retribution's layers.

Quote :
The Eos  - Page 2 1lBoy
16 layers, would say on par with Yrridium. Compensates by having weak shielding.

Quote :
The Eos  - Page 2 1lBv4
Seven layers, tier 1. Not horrible, but still more.

Quote :
The Eos  - Page 2 1lBvg
Ditto

Edits:
The changes I've made due to your snips will be listed below, and are significantly less
Judge Gambit wrote:
bullshit

---------------------

*Dynl race is completely removed; Feir are now 15 feet tall maximum, within the given boundaries.[/size]
Blitz wrote:
I'm a GM, they're going to be within 10-15 feet.
*Feir population increased by 3 Billion to compensate for loss of Dynl. Still 10 Billion less than most races, and certainly not:
Quote :
The Eos  - Page 2 1lBAz
*Retribution's primary weapon was replaced, and the ship's design was overhauled
*Garrisons for all vessels were decreased, but Feir numbers increased slightly to compensate for no Dynl
*Removal of Pulse weapons from weapon tech, replaced by Ion weaponry
*Added one more Inejaw-Class Cruiser to compensate for the cuts done to the Retribution, and one more Zealot
*Added Isir fighter-drones, and Lur bomber-drones

I think that at this point, I've got all the kinks out of this page.

Last edited by Venom OPS on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 am

Quote :
4:15 PM - Venom (Cheeki Breeki) Ops: Alright. I got to head out for dinner. Please don't make any changes or posts on the page, i'll go over them with you. Unless you have to go soon, in which simply send me a pm on the forums
Venom (Cheeki Breeki) Ops is now Away.

Everyone look over his page and make sure I haven't missed anything of balance concerns.
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 4:52 pm

This man's empire now lays in the hands of the subjects of Dominion. Decide his fate.

No we won't crucify him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Eos  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eos    The Eos  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Eos
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Forum Roleplay :: [ DOMINION ] :: Empires-
Jump to: