Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria

Go down 
+3
Judge Gambit
LawnJesus
Kain
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria Empty
PostSubject: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:21 pm

and now I have.

Stuff about me. First off, cat's out of the bag, I'm the head admin. Elusive. Mysterious. Kind of boring. I'm pretty normal, I've just been around long enough that people listen to me sometimes. I keep my administration account separate from my regular account because anything I say or do as Kain is just me being me. If I'm on Overseer, I'm acting on Aeria's behalf; the administration, the community, everything. This is so I can avoid getting a big head and you won't see me lording over you, we know how well that can go. There are some other reasons, but it's not a big deal.

For most of you, the above was not a big shock.

I can tell you that my biggest strength, and likewise, biggest weakness, is that I think way too much for it to be healthy. I overthink, I think expansively, I think all the time, and I definitely think up things far beyond the scope of my ability to act upon, but I like to try, at least.

I'm in college, now. With any look, I'll be out of it and transferring to a university, but higher education in the USA is facing tough times. We'll see. Computer Science major, programming, that is. But I've been learning a diverse variety of subjects, so, I can't restrict it just to programming anymore. Web Design includes Graphic Design in some ways, after all. Yes, I do that, too. Some of you have seen me do photo-editing. I can make stuff from scratch, as well. I'm still working on drawing stuff by hand, but hey, baby steps.

I'm Christian, big shocker for probably everyone here except maybe one or two people. To follow up on that, I'm also non-denominational, and go to such a church. Attending is a new thing for me, actually, I used to just keep it to myself. That said, I never bring religion onto the forums, although now and then it may slip into a private conversation or two; so rest easy, you RPers and forum goers, and apologies to those who have had to endure me at times. You can feel free to stop me if you ever feel like things are heading in that direction and you don't want to hear it.

Anyway, a little more about me. I believe in hard work. It's kind of funny; I took up head admin, but I find myself rarely roleplaying. I enjoy roleplay, but too long has it been a huge part of my life. I think it's time to put it aside as just a hobby for my off-time, something like that. I'd prefer that our creative talents are not spent solely on toying around, and we can instead use them to make something solid and substantial. It's very hard to do that as a community since we are often very disconnected and just jump right into roleplay, but I still try to do it, and I think everyone should, to give more meaning to roleplay than just a moment between two or more people. But while we're on that subject, don't give it too much meaning, or the wrong kind, or you'll find yourself going down a pretty bad slope.

Oh, but, yeah, that's the other thing. I like working on something solid, something that isn't fleeting; something that won't leave you. That's part of why I like my faith. Repentance is one aspect, as in, for past mistakes and the old, flawed person of your past. But, building a new you is the other. Life isn't an RPG and sadly, there's no line by line data sheet with columns of your stats, a list of rights and wrongs. But, that doesn't mean your actions and thoughts are getting reset all the time; they stay with you. They give you strength, or they haunt you. Same with the things you make, but those are just a means to an end to better build the person inside.

I'm also known to go on lectures and monologues. Sorry. One day, I will discover brevity. One day.

Well, if you've made it this far, thank you. I hope you learned a thing or two about this Kain guy. Please don't judge me too harshly, and I promise not to judge you too harshly, in turn.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that all the most OP content in Aeria is allll myyyyy fault.

Last edited by Kain on Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus
Giant Scrub
LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:29 pm

wat
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:31 pm

Oh shit, who's this scrub?

Welcome, man :3. As long as you don't make anything ridiculously OP like a sword with a whole other dimension contained within, you should be okay <3
haha that's like making some ridiculous technomage or something with an ego bigger than jupiter
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:45 pm

Actually, I added some stuff.

I'ts a real intro now.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:49 pm

Kain wrote:
I'm Christian

(・。・(

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:52 pm

It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria Nk10It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria Nk10It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria Nk10It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria Nk10It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria Nk10It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria Nk10It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria Nk10It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria Nk10It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria Nk10It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria Nk10It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria Nk10It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria Nk10It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria Nk10
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:58 pm

thanks guys

so understanding

the sliding cat girl is beyond my comprehension, though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 2:04 pm

It's okay Kain, if it's between you and me, I have no problem with your religion.

But know that I am a devout Muslim.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 2:05 pm

Jacque wrote:
But know that I am a devout Muslim.

And the sliding Java is because Hyperiant also prays east to Mecca three times a day.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 2:15 pm

oh

that's it.

you've done it now

i'm about to raise my eyebrow so hard.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 3:00 pm

its all in here kain, your answers alhamdulillah
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:06 pm

Organized religion.

The worst development in human history.

Last edited by Zaku on Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus
Giant Scrub
LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:18 pm

I'm agnostic.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:19 pm

LawnJesus wrote:
I'm agnostic.

+1
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 5:55 pm

i like how i said

"i don't really bring religion to the forums"

and in response, it was brought to the forums by everyone else

s' like magic
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 6:34 pm

Zaku wrote:
LawnJesus wrote:
I'm agnostic.

+1

+1

Yay for optimistic realism.
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 7:01 pm

Krug wrote:
Zaku wrote:
LawnJesus wrote:
I'm agnostic.

+1

+1

Yay for optimistic realism.

namby-pamby, mushy pap, weak-tea, weedy, pallid fence-sitters
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/1232513055
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 3:16 am

of all the things that have ever divided olden, religion has miraculously never been one of them

let's not change that
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:06 am

it's okay

these guys are just goofing off
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:53 pm

Yes, we love you really, Kain.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 6:25 pm

but of course

no one can say no to a man in a fine suit
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Kain wrote:
but of course

But can they say no to nine tenths of a man in a suit?
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 6:53 pm

Krug wrote:
Kain wrote:
but of course

But can they say no to nine tenths of a man in a suit?

even less so.

the lack of identity adds to the mystique

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:13 am

Kain wrote:
I'm Christian

+1

I am in a slump though. Oh well, It happens.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:33 am

Kain wrote:
I'm the head admin.

Kain wrote:
I believe in hard work.

Kain wrote:
II'm acting on Aeria's behalf.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria   It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria Empty

Back to top Go down

It just occurred to me that I never did one of these for aeria
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next