Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aeria Roleplay

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
thyme
Scrublet
thyme

Aeria Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Aeria Roleplay   Aeria Roleplay EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:59 pm

Hi, I'm Thyme!

I just joined yesterday. I was immediately drawn towards the Aeria Lore and put a lot of thought into the first draft of a character application; no one's reviewed it yet so it's all still very ambiguous, I'm hoping it's a passable application!

Anyway, on to my embarrassing question. Thing is, I've been exploring the forums for quite a while now, and I can't seem to find the actual Aeria roleplay. There's Dust Bowl and Dominion, but they don't seem to be in Aeria. Now I have a character all ready who fits the Aeria world, but I don't see anywhere to post … either I'm being a fool somehow or Aeria roleplay is no longer available? O.o I'm guessing it's the former, but I posted here just in case. Sorry if it's a ridiculous question!

- Thyme
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

Aeria Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeria Roleplay   Aeria Roleplay EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:56 pm

It's not a ridiculous question, It's just that we're a little (well, more than a little) want for activity right now. One thing you should know, if you don't already, is that Aeria / Olden Roleplay is actually carried out within Garrysmod primarily. Garrysmod is a modification for the game Half-Life 2. If you don't own Garrysmod and you don't plan to, you can still partake in whatever else we have to offer, including lore creation and forum roleplay (including Aeria forum roleplay, though none such thing exists at the moment.) You just won't be able to participate in the main roleplay on the Garry's Mod server.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

Aeria Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeria Roleplay   Aeria Roleplay EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:10 pm

We're planning to get off our asses and get shit in motion again. You seem like an extremely indepth and experienced roleplayer from things I've seen. I'd fucking buy you gmod if you don't already have it just to get you in to the roleplay if it comes to it.
Back to top Go down
thyme
Scrublet
thyme

Aeria Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeria Roleplay   Aeria Roleplay EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:33 am

Oh … yeah, to be honest, I've never heard of Garry's Mod before, and after checking out the website I have doubts whether it's available for Mac users … it's unfortunate this community is inactive currently, I really liked the ideas I saw! I'll keep checking up here and exploring the lore for fun though :D Can't hurt, and maybe Aeria will return from hiatus – one can always hope! Meanwhile, as you all are moderators and with all this knowledge of Garry's Mod and stuff clearly know a lot about roleplaying, could I tentatively ask if there are any other suggestions for currently active RPs with a similar flavor? I love the way, for example, that users here could just make a race application and the whole mod community would review it… And thank you Rutabega for your compliments!! While not exactly experienced in roleplay itself, I've been creating worlds ever since I remember and I'd love to get involved in this site if the sleeping giant reawakens ;) I'm glad to hear about the, ah, ass-shifting plans! xD I must repeat – awesome lore! You've got lots of inspiring material here and I hope I'll see Aeria take off again someday!
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

Aeria Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeria Roleplay   Aeria Roleplay EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:58 am

come to think of it

would there be any harm in having a forum rp for aeria? i mean, i guess it would rarely be visited, but you guys seemed to like the other forum rp's, aaand it would give a chance for people outside of gmod to try out aeria. thyme got reeaaaally into it, yknow. such a waste.

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Aeria Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeria Roleplay   Aeria Roleplay EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am

I always went on about having a forum RP when we had no prospect of a server, so I can't say I oppose the idea.

How would it run parallel to the current events on-server though?
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Aeria Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeria Roleplay   Aeria Roleplay EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:47 am

If we do a forum RP, I say use a different part of Aeria. That way it won't interfere with on-server RP, and we can take it at our own pace.

There's all sorts of cool places in Aeria that don't get any attention. Kazoshu, Kerodil (I'm being ever so subtle here), Pycheko, Ara'ki, the Wastes, Sida...
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

Aeria Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeria Roleplay   Aeria Roleplay EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 7:18 am

Sida.

^

a million times this

edit: also, double-decker thordi sandwich
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Aeria Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeria Roleplay   Aeria Roleplay EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:19 am

Ugh, dirty realm of the sand monkeys. Could work though.

I'm calling the dirty camel tender.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

Aeria Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeria Roleplay   Aeria Roleplay EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 4:28 am

you're playing the prude, but we all know you want to dive into the Sidan slave markets and snatch up armfuls of tief

Krug need Dat Tief
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Aeria Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeria Roleplay   Aeria Roleplay EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 6:02 am

I'd have a horned harem, this I can't deny.

Sitting on my big sultan beanbag whilst bitches feed me demonic grapes.

as if
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aeria Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeria Roleplay   Aeria Roleplay Empty

Back to top Go down

Aeria Roleplay
Page 1 of 1