Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mikael Divone

Go down 
+8
Spadge
BooM
Munroe
Venom OPS
noodle
citricalComborginator
PhoenixRhapsody
TimtheTumbleweed
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheGunrunner
Dedicated Poster
TheGunrunner

Mikael Divone - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mikael Divone   Mikael Divone - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:18 am

Looks fine to me.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy
Scrub
Fuzzy Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Mikael Divone   Mikael Divone - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 7:07 am

I say we accept this before we lose another newcomer to approval delays.

Honestly.

Looks decent enough.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Mikael Divone   Mikael Divone - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 7:35 am

While I'd like to see more about what this character can actually do, not just what he has on his person, I think i can give this an accept. As long as he doesn't go Jack the Ripper autocaster I think we'll be a-okay. = )
Back to top Go down
TimtheTumbleweed
Scrublet
TimtheTumbleweed

PostSubject: Re: Mikael Divone   Mikael Divone - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 4:08 am

Due to my inactivity I've forgotten the required amount of positive votes until my character's officially approved if anyone could possibly share that information with me I'd be thankful.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

PostSubject: Re: Mikael Divone   Mikael Divone - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 4:40 am

You need 3 community and 1 moderation or higher.
Back to top Go down
TimtheTumbleweed
Scrublet
TimtheTumbleweed

PostSubject: Re: Mikael Divone   Mikael Divone - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 5:21 am

BooM wrote:

Alright, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Mikael Divone   Mikael Divone - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:39 am

BooM wrote:

This, as far as I've seen in regards to administration (minus VenomOPS), no one in said administration knows where this came up, or as far as I've seen them say. That's merely a helpful guideline, enough community votes can in fact topple the moderation one.

just saying, more a guideline than a rule.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

PostSubject: Re: Mikael Divone   Mikael Divone - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:51 am

It's one of the many, many unspoken rules of this community.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

PostSubject: Re: Mikael Divone   Mikael Divone - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:54 am

Before bothering with approval, you should first work on the page a bit more.

In my opinion, it at least needs an ability, or attribute section. What is he capable of? What is he incapable of? What is his moral guideline if any?

Just add some more beef to it, and i'll be happy to throw in my Accept.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/VenomOps
TimtheTumbleweed
Scrublet
TimtheTumbleweed

PostSubject: Re: Mikael Divone   Mikael Divone - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:56 am

Venom OPS wrote:
Before bothering with approval, you should first work on the page a bit more.

In my opinion, it at least needs an ability, or attribute section. What is he capable of? What is he incapable of? What is his moral guideline if any?

Just add some more beef to it, and i'll be happy to throw in my Accept.

I was actually planning on editting today before your post, so I'll gladly do so.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy
Scrub
Fuzzy Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Mikael Divone   Mikael Divone - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 10:21 am

My understanding of approvals is; as long as no one is unhappy to the point of posting a complaint, you can play your character.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

PostSubject: Re: Mikael Divone   Mikael Divone - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:05 am

Fuzzy Wolfy wrote:
My understanding of approvals is; as long as no one is unhappy to the point of posting a complaint, you can play your character.

Rule of thumb is an admin approval, that usually gets it done. The community approval is just to see how everyone likes the idea, and to kinda give us admins a buffer before giving our judgement.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/VenomOps
Spadge
Vengaboy
Spadge

PostSubject: Re: Mikael Divone   Mikael Divone - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 12:05 pm

Dominator046 wrote:
BooM wrote:

This, as far as I've seen in regards to administration (minus VenomOPS), no one in said administration knows where this came up, or as far as I've seen them say. That's merely a helpful guideline, enough community votes can in fact topple the moderation one.

just saying, more a guideline than a rule.

Fuzzy Wolfy wrote:

Venom OPS wrote:
Rule of thumb is an admin approval, that usually gets it done. The community approval is just to see how everyone likes the idea, and to kinda give us admins a buffer before giving our judgement.

Yeah, so maybe this should be detailed somewhere, if it already hasn't been.
Back to top Go down
TimtheTumbleweed
Scrublet
TimtheTumbleweed

PostSubject: Re: Mikael Divone   Mikael Divone - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 12:24 pm

I've had to re-do my edit because for some dastardly reason Chrome closed itself and I had lost my older changes before I saved/applied them. So the Fighting Styles section may or may not change, until then I personally consider it done unless anyone objects and would rather me add some more, the reason I didn't put a list of abilities was because I found it somewhat uncomfortable in a way and thus I didn't do it, so I apologize if you guys simply wanted that, aside from that he has no real special abilities or magic, he simply varies his attacks to fit the situation.
Back to top Go down
TimtheTumbleweed
Scrublet
TimtheTumbleweed

PostSubject: Re: Mikael Divone   Mikael Divone - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 5:34 am

Sorry for the double post, but I just updated with Morale Guidelines and a short Physical Description before the biography.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Mikael Divone   Mikael Divone - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:52 am

I love the song you used friend a great deal, and that personally shall motivate me to studying this page.

Having said this... there are flaws. First one being... he's eighteen, sure, he can have a pretty tough life, however, I think he's a few steps above where he should be. At eighteen, you wouldn't have a lot of combat experience, even Vikings who were trained from the age basically we go to Elementary school to be athletic and fight wouldn't have that much ability. Secondly, steel platemail is VERY expensive, a steel sword can go up for a thousand shillings in some cases, and plate armor substantially more. He could've earned it, sure, but not in the time he's presently spent with them, unless he's the second coming of the Prophet (Evil Jesus).

I REALLY like the Moral Guidelines section, and I may steal that from you in the future of my biographies. Really, that section is superb. It paints the DnD specification well, while also getting that wiggle room, and providing enough information to understand where teh character is coming from.

I also appreciate how you detail his fighting style, and while I'm not sure all of it is entirely... practical, it does paint a vivid picture of the character, and I can surely appreciate that. Again, given his age at eighteen, I don't know if he would have the necessary time to hone all of this.

Also, I feel these mercenary groups work well with roleplay, but don't really need to be apped for. I'm sure there are a hundred different merc groups across sanctimonia, and most being small time, could just go under the radar and be accepted as IC. High Elves are a picky issue with the lore, HOWEVER, I feel you have actually managed to fit that lore! A full high-elven brother is possible if the mother had a prior relationship, but more a less dropped out of the Alfar (high elven) pantheon (however, she'd have much more to worry about than simple mercenaries hunting her for that). It might be safer to say that she was Tymafar, a wild elf. Many less holy people out to destroy her for that.

In the end, it comes down to this.
If you make his age more reflective of his character, mid to late twenties I'd say, yo u have my acceptance.

Also, once again, great song.
Back to top Go down
TimtheTumbleweed
Scrublet
TimtheTumbleweed

PostSubject: Re: Mikael Divone   Mikael Divone - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 3:18 pm

I understand, I do agree that he should be mid-twenties as well, implementing the change, however I don't currently plan on changing his equipment, not yet at least. I will also change Mikaels mother to a Tymafar, I think it'd be a suitable change. Thanks for the comments and suggestions, and indeed the song's fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Mikael Divone   Mikael Divone - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:11 pm

I would like to point out that accepted or not all characters are allowed a grace period within the server where you can play unapproved characters (though perhaps restricted on gear and powers). That being said I don't even know how this thread has been here for so bloody long, that much is inexcusable. Biography and everything fits with the lore, there's no discrepancies that I'm going to fuss about so without further adieu let's get Mikael the hell out of the accepted section.

By the way that music is fucking amazing.

Also I fully approve of your avatar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mikael Divone   Mikael Divone - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mikael Divone
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2