Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Proposed Forum RP Synchronicity method

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

Proposed Forum RP Synchronicity method Empty
PostSubject: Proposed Forum RP Synchronicity method   Proposed Forum RP Synchronicity method EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 9:02 pm

Since I also can't find the time or convenience to discuss this with you guys, one on one, I'll post it here. The forum RP may be separate of the server, but it should occur in the same time frame, and if someone wanted to move their server char to the forum rp, this would allow them to do that. But since forum RP's are so much slower than a realtime server rp, we need a way to keep both in sync.

So, here's my proposal.

We separate a period of RP in the forums by a week. The events that take place in that week can account for several key days in the week. By the end of the wee, we time skip to week 2, and assume that traveling, maintenance, day to day activity and other business occurred in-between. So, 3 days of RP gets done in a week. Those 3 days occured in the 7 days, somewhere, and a period of time in between is set aside for background tasks, miscellaneous tasks, maintaining gear, traveling, or any other uneventful thing.

If we do this, then every week, the forum rp will be synchronized with the server rp. If a more dire timeskip is necessary due to periods of long inactivity, only an admin can step in to do that.

And... that's everything. I don't know if there's anything else necessary to get the forum rp going.

EDIT:

Kain: I had another idea.
Pat: ?
Kain: At the end of each with, to join the weekly bump,
Kain: an admin posts a brief synopsis of the week's events, followed by the forwarding of the scenario, and the state of affairs
Kain: at the start of the new week.
Kain: kind of like
Kain: dbz narrator

Last edited by Kain on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Forum RP Synchronicity method   Proposed Forum RP Synchronicity method EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 2:44 am

Synchronicity*
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Forum RP Synchronicity method   Proposed Forum RP Synchronicity method EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 5:46 pm

man.

no one cares to post. well pat talked to me about it already but wuteva.

so pat's cool with it, and a few players like the idea, so. I guess I'll finish setting up the forum rp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Forum RP Synchronicity method   Proposed Forum RP Synchronicity method Empty

Back to top Go down

Proposed Forum RP Synchronicity method
Page 1 of 1