Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cameron De'Aldiers - A Scrupulous Merchant

Go down 
+2
noodle
Dominator046
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

Cameron De'Aldiers - A Scrupulous Merchant Empty
PostSubject: Cameron De'Aldiers - A Scrupulous Merchant   Cameron De'Aldiers - A Scrupulous Merchant EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:41 am

Cameron De’Aldiers

“You think your sympathies matter to me? Listen, and listen well, for I will expand your mind a thousand fold! You wish to know the meaning of life yes? Well, it is this: Gold. Gold determines life, gold pays your farmers, who make your food, who feed your families, your soldiers, it also pays your soldiers, your craftsmen, your kings; gold is the universal joy. If you think me a vile man for my trade, you are a fool, for the only way to survive is by surpassing others; even then, am I so foul? Savage fighters who kill, and claim to justify it through any means will kill any they deem ‘unworthy’ in their eyes, and feel completely just; am I so sinister?”

A Glimpse of Cameron De’Aldiers
Spoiler:

The Sound of Cameron De’Aldiers
Spoiler:

Character Biography

Name: Cameron De’Aldiers – Pronunciation: Kam – er – on _ Day _ All – dee - ears
Race: Human
D&D Alighnment: True Neutral
Nationality: Sanctimonia
Native Fief/Kingdom: Leyanara
Legal Affiliations: Separated Wife, No Heirs, and Several Servants, One Apprentice.
Guild Affiliations: Neutral, pays proper trade tolls voluntarily.
Primary Occupation: Merchant
Languages: Common, that is all.
Philosophy:
Cameron is a man of little faith in what he cannot see, though gifted with intelligence, cunning, and even moral insight. He avoids praying to gods, for secular reasons and out of fear of direct intervention from something he does not understand. Cameron believes in human greed as a driving force, a blessing in disguise, and perhaps that all of our sins are just the true forms of our more complacent emotions. He does not believe in honor, or glory; such are things created by those who are beaten to try and preserve a sense of dignity.

Rough Attributes:

Spoiler:

Physique and Demeanor:

Cameron De’Aldiers is a tall, and broad man, but with no more muscle on his frame than is necessary for simple proclivities; his body shows well by stature, but his actual physical abilities are far less than they appear. To supplement this, Cameron is a vastly charming man, with a symmetrical face and good jaw structure, as well as lovely blonde hair well cropped and showcasing a lovely, handsome face. His eyes are a deep hazel, set in sockets well proportioned to his cheeks, and holding an exuberant hue. Cameron boasts self confidence, his aura shows it, as does his stride, and his simple endearing smirk that idly sits upon his face. When his face is not boasting confidence, it shows a complete stillness, a perfect pokerface, a tactic honed by the merchant castes of Sanctimonia.

Skillset:

Education and Intelligence – Overview [Adept]: Cameron is a highly intelligent human being, quick to grasp information and have it ready to use; Cameron has a natural ability to comprehend that is greater than most, making his marketing that much more potent, helping to set him above the usual merchant cut; his profits and livelihood help show proof to this claim.

Cunning and Wisdom – Overview [Adept]: Cameron is just as able to use the information amassed and stowed within his head as he is at acquiring it; his mind knows just how to spring the amount of information needed just where needed, and how it’s needed. Cameron could have been a powerful political agent in the best of spheres with his ability to debate and argue, and instead he turned to use it for a perhaps less deceptive method, his skilled prowess in business.

Physical Survivability/Combat Ability – Overview [Poor]: Cameron’s natural stature is foreboding in itself, but that is all it is; Cameron’s combat abilities are effectively shot, roughly as good as your standard plebian, if not less. He has received no training, has not cared for combat, and has never had to fall upon it. Cameron is useless in a fight.
Arcane/Mystical Abilities – Overview [Poor]: Save perhaps an inherent ability that goes along with his intelligence, he’s able to notice when magics are in play around him; aside from this however, Cameron has no magical affinity at all

Survival Ability – Overview [Poor]: Cameron is a man of civilization, rations, servants, and gold; he knows not how to survive in the wilds save the bare basics, such as which side of the tree moss grows on.

Biography:

The story of Cameron De’Aldiers is a simple one with little eventful nature to it. Cameron was brought up in a noble house as the first son of a high standing noble; whereas his younger siblings would tend to knightly schools, fiefs, and advancing-courtship, Cameron was brought up to succeed his father. He would live in his father’s palatial estate most of his life, delve deep into books and study when not enjoying the finer luxuries of civilized life; wine flowed like water, women were attracted to wealth like a moth to flame, and soon all was ready for him to take succession.

However, the great successes in the abilities of Cameron would not preserve the usual line of heritage; his father would skip his right, and choose his second oldest son, to take helm of the De’Aldiers name. Cameron’s father knew of his success in his side-trades of business and extortion; he knew his son would prosper without the lofty cushion of rule, and he as well knew his son would tarnish the fair name of their house. Outrage, Cameron left all of his family behind, purchasing his own real-estate from his own earned funds, and did away with any ties he had to his family.

Cameron still succeeded, his wit was untarnished, his ability to reason and barter ever-sharper. He would grow his own fortune, prospering businesses in various cities within Sanctimonia. Years would go by and nothing would change for Cameron; life would treat him well, he would live merry, he would drink heavy. He would become married eventually due to convenience, business, and the fetching nature of the woman. She would prove shrewd and stubborn, something new and alien to Cameron; something which his money’s influence could not sway. He ignored it, continuing with business as was usual.

Eventually, a notably shadey, but exponentially yielding offer was placed in front of Cameron. He was unable to resist the taint of his own greed, and used his influence to placate himself a monopoly within two notable cities, and strengthen business ties elsewhere. However, one thing he did not count on was his disapproving wife. She held evidence out of the reach of Cameron that could expose back handed dealing that through varying levels of directness, and or indirectness, could expose him and leave him liable before the courts of the land.

The two did parley, and came to a reasoning between them; they would leave each other, but keep up titles and appearances. The wife would control half of the estates Cameron ran, of which were his most precious. Cameron would not accept this, and hatch his own plan to reach greener pastures, away from this she-devil. Once the papers were signed, making it appear as if Cameron had made his wife and equal partner in estates, an uprising within the Layanaran fiefs would strike many businesses, and most specifically, those of Cameron and his wife. Those rebels who had done so were tried and punished, though some claimed they were put up to it by local slum lords, who denied these accusations. With Cameron left to profit from the insurance from the destruction, utilizing the uprising to do so and using the paperwork to seize the finances from his destroyed establishments, he made his move.

He left the cities of Layanara, he left them far behind. He left the destroyed establishments for his business-inept wife to run, as he took to the roads with his money stored within Sanctimonian banks, and using them to become a full time merchant. Merchanting was an equal skill for Cameron as was running a business, the way he saw it, it was even easier; he was always travelling, he could stir up more bravado than he was used to, and leave before he was in any danger. This way of life was prosperous for him to, but perhaps less so than he was accustomed.

Along his way, he managed to secure the apprenticeship of a young elven woman, through unsavory business tactics and the usage of backwater tension towards Wild Elves. This woman is an indentured servant when titles will allow it, and an apprentice when it does not; however, in all honest truth, she is a slave. Cameron sees no issue with this, or if so, he can completely stifle it.

Cameron has now come to Surna, one of the least complacent towns in Sanctimonia. Gold changes hands many times in this city, and gold flows along the roads. Many roads lead to Surna, many people pass through, and in this place Cameron is willing to bet many things in return for the promise of a big pay off.

Short Bio:

Spoiler:

Inventory:

Quality: Poor - Common - Reliable - Potent - Awesome - Epic

Simple Inventory

Spoiler:

Advanced Inventory:
High-Merchant Signet Ring[/b] – A large ring crafted out of a glorious shining gold, it displays various emblems and writings about its surfaces, gesturing to someone of the noble merchant persuasion; this ring, in polite and exclusive circles, proves Cameron’s standing as a merchant elite, and someone of noble birth.
Spoiler:

[b]Layanaran Dress-Sword
– This blade carries a lovely sheen and excellent detail work. The entire piece is hand crafted, and hand etched. The brass pommel and guard are very detailed, the ivory hand has great art-work upon it, as does the long steel blade that comes to a vicious point. The scabbard is just as well, a magnificent piece of art; however, that’s all this blade is, art. Any smith will be able to take hold of it and tell you that it is not a fit fighting blade. The edged blade is not too sharp, the tip will pierce, but the blade is flimsy. Providing Cameron could even use a sword skillfully, this perhaps would not be a piece he would want to use in combat.
Spoiler:

Noble Clothing – Always eager to look the part, Cameron is never without fine appealing dress that is always in fashion. His clothing is usually bright and exuberantly tailored, suggesting his noble attitude.

Cameron's Custom Watch - A watch with a golden luster. It has a face with a wreath and angel wings on it, with a Laynoran crest and the name 'Cameron De'Aldiern' inscribed on it. This fine time piece was created by Bespin 'Cog'.

Back-Bite – This small knife is something Cameron is never without, despite his condescending attitude towards fighters. This knife is never seen, it is concealed upon his person within his clothes, and often changes position; he hopes never to use this knife, but should he ever be placed within harms way, he is not afraid to make use of its namesake.
Spoiler:

Recent Activity - Achievments

A long damn time ago:
Cameron De'Aldiers releases Tenalla Rielle after a bout of guilt. He gives her finances and his continued support, sending her along her awy.

Last edited by Dominator046 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: Cameron De'Aldiers - A Scrupulous Merchant   Cameron De'Aldiers - A Scrupulous Merchant EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:56 am

Very nice, I couldn't find many problems with the character.

There are a few formatting issues. Like BBC showing and a few typos but overall it's very nice.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Cameron De'Aldiers - A Scrupulous Merchant   Cameron De'Aldiers - A Scrupulous Merchant EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:06 am

noodle wrote:
Very nice, I couldn't find many problems with the character.

There are a few formatting issues. Like BBC showing and a few typos but overall it's very nice.

Thank you. = ) I noticed these as well, but I will allow myself a short break before pouring into the Edit button and fixing the few remaining code shards; typos I may go through quickly, but it depends on how much I have to do with school, and how lazy I'm feeling. = P
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Cameron De'Aldiers - A Scrupulous Merchant   Cameron De'Aldiers - A Scrupulous Merchant EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:42 am

Seems interesting.

I like that there are characters steering away from the "power through strength" idea. Wealth and political influence are powerful to.

I think I can accept this, no real problems I could see. I only read the short bio because I'm lazy. I'm mostly depending on the other members of the community to point out problems there.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

PostSubject: Re: Cameron De'Aldiers - A Scrupulous Merchant   Cameron De'Aldiers - A Scrupulous Merchant EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 8:10 am

Accept. I have seen him roleplay on this character and he has proven to me that he can handle a wide variety of characters.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Cameron De'Aldiers - A Scrupulous Merchant   Cameron De'Aldiers - A Scrupulous Merchant EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 8:54 am

o.q I say, ol' chap. Tea and crumpets? How posh.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Cameron De'Aldiers - A Scrupulous Merchant   Cameron De'Aldiers - A Scrupulous Merchant EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 9:30 am

I like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cameron De'Aldiers - A Scrupulous Merchant   Cameron De'Aldiers - A Scrupulous Merchant Empty

Back to top Go down

Cameron De'Aldiers - A Scrupulous Merchant
Page 1 of 1