Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Darius Jiaran

Go down 
+6
Dominator046
Black Banana Party
Pat
BooM
Spadge
thorogoodd
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 3:34 pm

Darius Jiaran 8zl6h5

Name
Darius Jiaran

Race
Human

Birthplace
Along the Dragon Coast

Skills & Abilities

General
Basic Militia Training
Hoyhenmagia - Double-Stitch

Physical Description

Height
5'11'' ft

Weight
180 lbs

Build
Average

Hair Color
Dark Brown

Eye Color
Dark Brown

Skin Color
Pale

Other Features
Bird-talon brand on his torso

Equipment/Inventory

[Linen Shirts]
[Rusty & Damaged Chainmail Armor(Iron)]
[Linen Pants]
[Rusty Shield(Iron)]
[Rusty Longsword(Iron)]
[Purple Shard of Obsidian on a String(Worn on Neck)]

Biography

Darius took a ship to Ara'Ki from the Dragon Coast with a large party, in hopes of becoming some of the first people to successfully settle on Ara'Ki for a long period of time. They ran into some complications, and Darius got wrapped up in the Korppikultti, becoming obsessed with their ways and their god, Korppi. He eventually learned some of their magic over time and several years of training. He kept his possessions from arriving on Ara'Ki in hopes that one day, if things should go poorly, he could go back to Sanctimonia. By sheer luck or outside influence, he managed to return to Sanctimonia with a very different outlook on life.

Last edited by thorogoodd on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 3:35 pm

Woah, who is this guy. Oh yeah, it's me.

I figured I'd come back for another go.

Anyways, the backstory is kind've lack-luster intentionally, I don't want to give it all away. If you want me to make it a bit more beefy I will. Any other questions can be directed to me on steam, most of you still have me on steam.

EDIT: Crap, this is in the wrong spot on the forums, ain't it. Feel free to move it to Approval if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Spadge
Vengaboy
Spadge

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 4:06 pm

thorogoodd wrote:
EDIT: Crap, this is in the wrong spot on the forums, ain't it. Feel free to move it to Approval if necessary.

Done.

As for the character, I want to know more about his powers before I give him an accept. Since you are the (co-?)writer of the Ara'Ki lore I'm guessing you have some specifics in mind? Anyway, for now pending, though since I've seen you roleplay well in the past I'm leaning towards accepting.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 4:08 pm

Welcome back Thoro. Pending for RP.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 4:25 pm

Alright, well I can people a rundown on his capabilities if they ask over steam.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 4:50 pm

EDIT: Changed his magic to Hoyhenmagia - Double Stitch

It basically means he has a very special, specific type of magic, but he only has 2 spells.

1. A type of fire-spell, basic fire-ball/flamethrower type.

2. Ethereal Ravens, you can read more about it on the Korppikultti page.

The stitching means he can cast both of these spells instantly, without weaving, and without it taxing his body.

I know, sounds bad right? Well hold up before you type in red.

The stitching also acts as a really limited 'pool' of magic. He can only cast the ethereal ravens a few times a day before that attuned soul is too tired to keep doing it, and he can use the fire more liberally, but he's still limited. In order for him to regain that 'pool' he has to rest, or sleep. Sleep being the obvious best choice. The stitching also means he can't learn any other magic, ever. The trauma caused to his Sacred Field has done it's toll. So he's forever stuck with these two spells.

Now, as for an explanation as to how he got this magic. The Korppikultti worship a pseudo-god named Korppi. He has, over countless years of living, mastered the ability to 'soul-stitch'. Through dedicated worship for 17 years of Darius' life, he has been 'blessed' with the Hoyhenmagia, and become a Hoyhenmaagit. This is how Darius came across his power.

Any further questions can be directed to me through steam.
Back to top Go down
Spadge
Vengaboy
Spadge

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 5:05 pm

I've talked to Thoro about his character and personally I think it's fine. It would be nice to see some unique foreign element brought by this character. My accept.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 5:52 pm

Fuck yes, Thoro's back.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 4:48 am

Well, since you and Markka share the lore, I can confidently say you know what you're doing with this character. Also, from knowing you in the past I don't think you'd build an exceed those bounds. Going to toss this an accept.
Back to top Go down
Black Banana Party
Giant Scrub
Black Banana Party

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 6:06 am

So.. let me get this straight. A few months ago you - supported Dom's character, who was basically a stronger version of this guy by saying it was basically impossible... I'm not really seeing the connection, or maybe my mind just wants to yell at you about it.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 6:08 am

I don't believe I can accept this, as one character was denied access to the community because this lore was not supposedly applicable to supplying a character within roleplay. Abilities and powers were never a concern to be had, as (aside from Krug whom inspired kids to deny me based on being not-good) those I roleplayed with saw the legitimacy of his style, and similarly, I made numerous changes to his abilities as to best fit the lore of the Korppikulti.

https://aeriaroleplay.rpg-board.net/t479-seth-hasold-konkynkya-the-dark-missionary

I don't mean to be a whistle blower... but this is pretty much my character, and he was denied for having this archetype. I'm not so much upset that my character was denied, but the fact that you posted the nail in the coffin that hit him with a denial, and now you propose a character with the same basis. = (

Thorogood wrote:
I'm afraid I'm going to have to deny this character. As the main representative of Korppikultti lore of course.

Reason being that right now, this character just doesn't fit with the plot, nor anything to do with the Korppikultti. As of this time, no ships have reached the Mainland of Aeria from Ara'Ki. Atleast not ships in possession of the Korppikultti.

However, this isn't the end of your character. I would be willing to accept this if your character were perhaps disregarding the strict rules and regulations of the Korppikultti to flee to the mainland. He wouldn't be considered a member of the Korppikultti any more, and the journey from Ara'Ki to the mainland would need a good explaining, but it's the only way I can reasonably see to save your character.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 6:54 am

The difference being that I made the lore, I have a better understanding of the Korppikultti and their plans and activity. Also, I denied him because at the time there was no lore relevant to him being in Sanctimonia.

The main reason I denied him was lore related reasons.

That, and that I thought Dom's character seemed a bit too extreme. I watched Dom roleplay as the Korppikultti member and felt he was much too open and available. It's just not how I wanted Korppikultti members to act, that's all.

So in summary what you're telling me right now is that you're denying my character because I denied Dom's character, and frankly it's been so long I don't remember why. Dom seems to have gotten by well with his new characters, and I'm attempting to jump back into Olden with lore I'm familiar with.

My character, by will of Korppi, has traveled to Sanctimonia through his own means, with assistance from Korppi and other Korppikultti members.

Sorry if we're all still upset about Dom's character or something, but sometimes that's just how things go.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 10:59 pm

Anyone else have anything they want to add or revise on this character? Anymore accepts or denies?

I'd like this process to be done before the weekend so I can use him to his full potential.
Back to top Go down
CplDusty
Scrublet
CplDusty

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 6:19 am

To be honest, I don't feel comfortable with this Cultist for the sole fact that I don't know what his powers are nor do I know enough about the backstory. What did he learn in the years that he trained? How is it going to effect the current events of the roleplay? I find these things to be important to know.
Back to top Go down
CplDusty
Scrublet
CplDusty

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 6:24 am

I understand the spells and his stitching, but outside of his magic use, what am I going to expect from this character?
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 6:41 am

CplDusty wrote:
I understand the spells and his stitching, but outside of his magic use, what am I going to expect from this character?

Ravens.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 9:19 am

BooM wrote:
CplDusty wrote:

Ravens.

Nevermore.

But in all honesty, he won't be running around, praising his god in public and attempting to sacrifice people or do mass suicides (drink the kool-aid).

Think of him as a sort've envoy for the Korppikultti, someone who lived in Sanctimonia for a time, and went to Ara'Ki, became a cultist, and then was sent back to scout out the mainland and see how the culture, society, religions, and technology works around there. Don't worry, just because it's a cult doesn't mean it's crazy (even though it is, it isn't entirely crazy).
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:09 am

Bump.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 6:14 am

Bump yet again.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 6:33 am

We want to see some RP from this cultists before we do anything, I feel.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 pm

Well I've joined the server a few times now, and RP'd as him with someone, but everytime I join the server, seems like everyone's too busy dicking around to actually RP.
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 3:15 pm

Patience is the key
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 3:45 pm

Despite some reluctance to do so, I feel I can approve this character on the legitimacy of its grounds. BBP was a good friend to point out the similarities this bore to my character, but I believe what's int he past is in the past, and while I may miss Seth Hasold, he was inevitably deemed unfit for service in Aeria.

This character doesn't have that lore conflict, and seems within reason for his ability and setting of build. I can appreciate the use of this lore, and I'm willing to offer an accept to get it there.

As Konkynkya, baptized by darkness and the forbidden whispers that gave him meaning would have, spread the dark order and offer souls to the servants of Korppi.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:30 am

Bump. Lots of people have seen him roleplayed by now, with the Mustering event.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:53 pm

What a queer char.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Darius Jiaran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darius Jiaran   Darius Jiaran Empty

Back to top Go down