Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary

Go down 
+4
Pat
Rutabega
PhoenixRhapsody
Dominator046
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary Empty
PostSubject: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:37 am

Seth ‘Konkynkya’ Hasold

“My child, you do not see, for you are blinded; you have spent too much time in the light, and it is only in the darkness, where your eyes can adjust, that you will see. Worry not, my child, for I am the shepherd, I am the one who will open your eyes, I will the one that will show you the great feasts of the dark-winged one… for I am the Dark Missionary, the dark glory of the true death hounds my step, for I am but a fragmentary instrument of Great God Korppi.”

A Glimpse of Seth Hasold – The Dark Missionary
Spoiler:
A Glimpse of Seth Hasold Revealed – The Hand of Korppi
Spoiler:

The Sound of Seth Hasold - Konkynkya: The Man Who Was Seth Hasold:
Spoiler:

Character Biography
Name: Seth Hasold[/i]
Korppikultti Name: Konkynkya[/i]
Race: Human
Nationality: Vagabond.
Korppikultti Rank: Kardinaali – On the verge of Apotti
Birthplace/Hometown: A Small Town within Sanctimonia
Occupation: None. He has served as a guide for travelers, and other menial tasks, but he has no career.
Languages: Very linguistic, he speaks many languages with almost no presence of an accent.
Philosophy: Once a horrid fatalist and realist, now a devoted member of the Korppikultti.

Physique and Demeanor:

Seth Hasold is a tall man with prominent dimensions and sharp, elegant features; however, the prominent dimensions are not muscled as would be noticed in your average fighter, creating the lean look of a bird of prey. Seth Hasold’s height reaches roughly three inches above six feet, with a good set of shoulders and a torso that well suites a gentleman’s suite, were he to wear one. Of his facial features, one noticeable one is his long, thin, pointed nose; all of his features are that of the hunter, sharp and poised for the kill. His muscles are light across his form, showing the toil of a traveler but not much more than that, they are enough however to enabling sudden motions as fast as a blink, with the grace of a gliding bird. His sharp features run together well, creating an elegant face that; were it not marred by grime, the marks of toil, and the show of sleep deprivation, Seth would be a charming young woman with the appeal verbally and aesthetically to mingle among the most posh of nobles. Seth carries a light goatee upon his face, shaved down to a thin strip of black, surrounding his maw. Within the sockets of his eyes are two eyes that could have at one time were blue, but are now little more than a gray ring sitting between the whites and blacks of his eyes; just above these sockets, barely any space at all separating them, his moderate sized, black brow contrasts with his pale forehead. Atop Seth’s head is a very long piece of straight black hair, jet, silky, and tended, working in conjunction with his colorless features to emphasize his devotions to any whom may know them. Aside from Seth’s colorless gaze, he doesn’t seem to have much in the way of scars, except what looks like one small circle just below the neck upon his breastbone.

Skillset:

Education and Intelligence – Overview [Adept]: Seth is a learned soul who was raised and educated in Sanctimonia, he was even lucky enough to attend college by undertaking communication and travelling work, which would work perfectly with his love of travel. Seth is intelligent, and his thought processes utilize all of the knowledge he has, and can access it at the opportune moment whenever needed. A quick enough learner, and a much greater retainer, Seth has been able to learn things from swordplay, to mathematics, to language along his travels.

Cunning and Wisdom – Overview [Low-Average]: While quick thinking and blessed with intelligence, Seth is not always the most pliable in all of its most practical aspects. Seth is confident, aloof, and oft times he overlooks things one way or another, or fails to realize all of the portents thereof. In a binding tactical situation, his cunning can pay off, but it is in noticing these events ahead of time that proves vexing for our educated friend. Just as well, despite his travels he hasn’t truly absorbed all of the meanings and experiences obtained therein. His actions may still be rash and foolhardy, while others may be more methodical and devious, it all depends on whether or not he’s able to foresee the events unfolding and whether or not he cares to act upon them. He was more cunning and wise before his dark baptism, his new found faith proving a powerful weapon that enabled him to forsake some of that cunning.

Physical Survivability/Combat Ability – Overview [Adept]: Seth is an experienced swordsman, having fallen upon his rapier-like longsword in many situations over his travels, he has become experienced in the practice of bladework. While he does not have the muscular intent to block the blows of a true warrior, he can use cunning feints and swift motions coupled with blindingly fast slashes to do away with enemies who are unskilled in the use of a blade. Akin to most warriors, whether to most it is informal, he has knowledge of pathology, and has his intelligence to boast, using it as a means to dissect the enemy’s brain… and then the enemy himself. He also knows of physiology, he knows where to strike to make a blow count, or how to make someone’s death look (and in many cases, actually be) quite grizzly for fear factor. Having abandoned the rapier for the Tenorite/Obsidian tools used by the Korppikultti, he now retains a blade and a wicked scythe; having advanced these tools from his brethren on the verge of his advancement, he can wield both to great effect. The blade is shorter than a rapier, but the sharpness of obsidian that edge the Tenorite, and its only slightly larger dimensions make it an improvement upon his older weapon. His Scythe is a mighty weapon, capable of taking on larger foes where his light blade may fail. True to the nature of the weapon, he wields the weapon with powerful reaping motions, similar to a naginata, and though he is slower with this weapon, he has torn many foes a sunder with a sudden surprise whip of his scythe that was both unexpected and carried out in a flash. Like his blade, it has a tenorite base, with an obsidian coating, giving it an incredibly sharp edge when going into a fight, making it a great weapon for dueling, but making prolonged fights less advantageous for either of his weapons, as the Obsidian coating will be lost.

Arcane/Mystical Abilities – Overview [Average]: Seth was gifted with the ability to practice magic, however, he originally shunned this in life. Seth felt that his gift made him a target, and when exercised in any way, it was unnatural and provoked harm to himself or those he cared about; forsaking this gift early on, it would remain an untapped force in his life… until his baptism, after that moment he was brought into the glorious, alien abilities of his beautiful dark god that was no more magic than was the act of childbirth; to him, it was something alien, something new, raw power, a portion of life that was introduced to the human experience that gave it new life and tremendously new proportions. He took to it, he looked into the darkness of true death, and his eyes adjusted; he was able to see, within the infinite blackness, the ways of death, and he came out of it wielding not a mage, but a user of a dark power that has become embedded deep into his soul.

Survival Ability – Overview [Average]: Seth has travelled many a mile in his life, and continues to do so more every year. He has been to many land, read books on survival, and practiced some of the strategies used. He can hone his equipment, and himself, to survive in most habitats he’ll cross.

Biography:

Born in the lands of Sanctimonia, he showed promise as a young man, always adventurous and eager to learn and travel. He would foster his gifts and become a learned walker of the world, seeking adventure and experience to help fill the void that was left in him when he was born. Whereas many men can find hobbies, trades, companions, spiritual guidance; Seth is not most men, his focus on the self, upon the inner workings of everything, and a strong fatalism leading onto pessimism that was forged by his rough, impoverished early life in a gun-plant boom town. He sought not the company of others, nor their praise, he sought a means to cure his lusting ache, and was determined to do it on his own. This personality and aptitude, along with some training he'd received as a youth gave him the means to becoming a entripid adventurer.

During a particularly long trip to Sida, he met a seafarer who could take him to the far distant shores of Ara’ki; it was a night full of dares, wagers, and deals, but he was able to secure his passage. His time there was frought with adventure and close calls as he trekked through the wilds. This would be as a death warrant to the eyes of many, worth nothing save a certain, grizzly doom. However, this was something that ached in Seth's heart, true adventure, discovery, the chance to sate the voracious lust that had been aching within his chest since his birth. Tales of great Ara'ki and its unfathomable mysteries, and great vitality gave Seth so many hopeful ideas and dreams, that it fostered in him the mad plan that had overshot the scale of all of his other adventures put together. Driven by this inspiration, and hopeful wanderlust, he gambled everything upon this one journey, confident that it would be his last and bring him the solace he was seeking.

He was right, however unlike he may have expected, this would only be the first half of his life, and the second would soon begin. Investigating the ancient forbidden sites that were left upon the isolated land, people came to him, offering wellsprings of knowledge and things that he couldn’t even begin to dream of. This piqued his interest, and he went. He would never leave this place, he would be reborn; Seth Hasold had found the Korppikultti, and he had been welcomed with open arms. He would spend years there, and rise through the ranks, having found something that filled the void that had eternally plagued him; an alien side of life exposed to him through his faith in the dark god.

Just before his ascendance to the proud rank of Apotti, he felt the darkness call to him, beckoning perhaps from the Feather of Korppi himself! It told him that he was portentious, that his travelling ways could be powerful indeed. The death-whispers told him to address his elders, and they would find his plight true; that he would become the Dark Missionary, he would be the harbinger of their ways, and feed the distant flocks who go unnourished.

Though he would have to postpone his lessons, the voice in the darkness told him that the secrets would be conveyed through him for his service. He would present his case, and be permitted leave. He would return to the outposts left by the Sidans, and return to the continent proper. He has since his return, been fully enthralled by his cause, breathing in it and exhaling it out, eager to enlighten others for a trip to Ara’ki… or feed them to his kin.

Unnatural Abilities:

Dark Meditation: A Light Level Ability - Defensive - Requires: Casting Time (long, like six minutes at least), and either One Raven Soul or Feeding. Cooldown: Can only be cast once a night. Must be cast at night.
CANNOT be cast in combat, while in Transcendence, or around ignorant civilians.
"Korppi does show his kindness to his children, taking me into his arms, and showing me that which is within his sphere; with eyes dark and the outer bothers abolished, he does tend to his children and bless them true."
This spell allows Seth to begin a meditative and resting process that is sustained by his dark powers. His equipment is honed, regaining any lost obsidian or damaged tenorite, his desire for normal food and water is tended to, and dispelling any negative effects from low through moderate level hostile curses, and his own abilities (except Transcendance).

Transcendence: A Light Level Ability – Defensive – Requires: Casting Time (short), and One Raven Soul
“Behold the grand irony, the truest of truth, that the most real thing in all of existence… is nothing; the presence of nothing, the becoming of nothing… death. Death is adamant, death is real… death… is here.”
This ability taps into the darkness in Seth’s soul, bringing it to the surface like a broiling geyser. His skin goes black and the whites of his eyes go red, and all whom are innocent around him know that he is unnatural. Obviously he cannot carry this form into towns for fear of a lynching mob easily capable of destroying him, but it has various benefits, and if used successfully the wait to rejoin civilization is an easy price to pay. While in this form, his aesthetics are functional, save his eyes he is all black, just as his clothing, and quite hard to see in dark areas. More so than this, there are many functional effects as well; his movements are quieter, he’s able to feed upon the dead swiftly through one solid bite, and he’s able to glide through the air, slowly descending to land without damage, but unable to fly.

Preystrike: A Light Level Ability – Offensive – Requires: Transcendence
“Life is fleeting my child, and the more you attempt to grasp it… the sooner it will run through your fingers.”
This ability is a potent power usable in combat and out. It allows him to summon a gust of wind just for himself, the wings of the great raven god showing their favor towards him, and propel him in whichever direction he pleases. When used in combat, his blinding fast abilities allow him to levy countless feints along his path in a split second, before levying a powerful sudden blow into his enemy. When used out of combat, he uses it to reach otherwise inaccessible areas in conjunction with his ability to glide.

Deathgaze: A Moderate Level Ability – Offensive – Requires: Transcendence
“You are blind my child, allow me to show you that which lies behind your waking eyes, behind the vaults placed within your mind.”
This ability allows Seth’s eyes to work as channels into the afterlife. Whereas some necromancers call upon the chill of death itself, Seth calls upon the darkness of death, that which awaits after you close your eyes for the last time. Upon the successful cast of this curse, the afflicted has difficulty seeing, a dark haze seems to muddle their vision a bit, and Seth himself is even more distorted; this ability is a favorite of his when attacking large armored men, disabling them in their tracks, and giving them a taste of what the afterlife will look like, as he approaches wielding his black scythe.

Ravencall: A Moderate Level Ability – Offensive – Requires: Transcendence, and one Live Sacrifice (or One Raven Soul and one Dead Sacrifice, or Two Raven Souls)
“Here comes the congregation, my child. Hear the glorious sound of wafting death; do not worry, for we shall embrace you… fully.”
This ability is a turn upon one of the simpler acts of the Korppikultti, feeding the ravens of Korppi a sacrifice. This ability turns their hunger into a weapon, providing one meal is already prepared for them, a slew of Ethereal Ravens will rain from the sky upon the victim. The birds peck mercilessly for a time, some upon the victim, and some upon the sacrifice unable to defend itself. They will continue to assault the victim until they have picked the sacrifices clean, and with the feeding, they regenerate any health lost.

Gravegrasp: A High Level Ability – Offensive – Requires: Transcendence, Casting Time (short), Three Raven Souls and Blood Offal.
“Strong is your heart, and devote to your heathenry you are. Very well, let us see how you stand, when the dark, creeping death that is inside of you is revealed.”
This ability is a powerful one, and requires Seth to offer his own blood to two of Korppi’s servant crows to show his devotion, and be blessed. Seth calls to death itself, the patron of the Ravens and sphere of Korppi, and working within the shadows of unlife as he casts the spell. Once he has worked within its bounds and has reached out to his enemy, he beckons unlife to reveal itself, tendrils of dark death working invisibly inside his target, working pain and disorientation, as death teases the victim

Inventory:

Black clothing, Trench Coat, Cloak, and Hood – Seth wears clothing of all black, and multiple layers. However, they are thing vestments that stack well with each other, not weighing him down or hampering his moves while in combat. He wears black pants, a black shirt, black shoes, a black coat, a black cloak with a hood.

The Dark Crozier – Disguised in plain sight as a dark blue and black walking stick, it is a ruse. It is, as he claims, the crozier of his faith, but what he doesn’t say is that the dull top of the crozier actually slides off, revealing this to be his Tenorite/Obsidian Scythe. Just as well, when not in use. His Tenorite/Obsidian blade is similarly kept upon the crozier as a long branch, intersecting at a tall angle, which can be removed and used as it was meant, a blade.

Last edited by Dominator046 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:16 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 7:01 am

Well, I don't know if a raven god is canon, but I do know that I like the idea of having to transform to have any powers. While this does not fit every character, it suits this one well. How long is the wait after a transformation? An hour? A day? Is this from recognizable from a distance?

My next question has to do with your powers themselves. Deathgaze seems a bit overpowered unless it has a distance modifier. Just how many people are affected? How much area does it affect? How difficult is he to see after he casts it?

I have a similar question about the ravencall power. Is it just the sacrifice and one other that are affected? Is the sacrifice still alive or have they been killed already? Where do the ravens come from? Can the attack be canceled by killing all the ravens or do they just keep coming back? Are the ravens vulnerable to holy magic?

As for the obsidian scythe within the crozier, scythes are peasant weapons. I don't care much for them as many other people do even if they look cool. I can understand him possibly using one, but in reality they are slow and unwieldy to use, not to mention easy to avoid. If it is actually made of obsidian, it would be incredibly brittle, as volcanic glass can be broken by simply dropping it on the ground. A sickle is much more simple to use than a scythe, and according to the way you described it, more likely what you might have been thinking.

I am pending a judgement until a proper canonization of the god and/or powers has been called.

Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 7:20 am

PhoenixRhapsody wrote:
Well, I don't know if a raven god is canon, but I do know that I like the idea of having to transform to have any powers. While this does not fit every character, it suits this one well. How long is the wait after a transformation? An hour? A day? Is this from recognizable from a distance?

My next question has to do with your powers themselves. Deathgaze seems a bit overpowered unless it has a distance modifier. Just how many people are affected? How much area does it affect? How difficult is he to see after he casts it?

I have a similar question about the ravencall power. Is it just the sacrifice and one other that are affected? Is the sacrifice still alive or have they been killed already? Where do the ravens come from? Can the attack be canceled by killing all the ravens or do they just keep coming back? Are the ravens vulnerable to holy magic?

As for the obsidian scythe within the crozier, scythes are peasant weapons. I don't care much for them as many other people do even if they look cool. I can understand him possibly using one, but in reality they are slow and unwieldy to use, not to mention easy to avoid. If it is actually made of obsidian, it would be incredibly brittle, as volcanic glass can be broken by simply dropping it on the ground. A sickle is much more simple to use than a scythe, and according to the way you described it, more likely what you might have been thinking.

I am pending a judgement until a proper canonization of the god and/or powers has been called.

The Faith entry is written down in the Ara'ki region section, I was a bit happy when I saw it, I think it was well thought out and should be put in the deities section quickly.

I think the form would last several hours, so he could be stranded outside of civilization with no way to seek aid/resources for a time.

Deathgaze is an entirely one on one ability. He has to be close enough to stare the person in the eyes, he needs direct eye contact with someone in order to cast it. No area is actually effected, it just attacks the persons vision; again, strictly one on one attack. The target can see most things pretty well, sort of like seeing underwater a bit, or perhaps like when you wake up, and your eyes are dry. However, Seth himself will be harder to see, more like the victim is a decent amount of drunk. The idea is to try and divert them from attacking. It doesn't last very long. Several minutes to maaaaybe twenty minutes at most if he got like a point blank range cast.

Ravencall requires Seth to have killed someone already, whether its an (much more likely it will be) an npc, or a player. Only the sacrifice and one victim is effected. The ravens are called from throughout the area, called upon by a servant of their dark god of death, I guess the further away they have to come from, it'll take even more out of Seth, and take some time for them to arrive (lol, call them on a glacier, he probably can't move, and has to wait on them). The attack can be cancelled by killing the ravens, but, the sacrifice will heal them as they feast, perhaps even other ravens even if their not feasting (to a much lesser extent). I would believe that the ravens can be acted upon by Holy Magic.

I may go with a sickle. I didn't decide on the weapons used by the cult, that was mentioned on the post under one of the ranks (the one that Seth was about to turn into. It manetions great obsidian scythes and great obsidian blades). A sickle does sound much more effective.

Quote :
I will rise from Dominator046's ashes, singing songs of defeat and victory.

^ = )
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 7:49 am

I am glad that you like my sig.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:36 am

Being a follower of Korppi I'd like one of the two people that created the lore to take a look to make sure it all fits.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:39 am

We should really wait until Thoro comes in here. He and Markka came up with the Korppikultti, afterall.

One thing I can tell you off the bat is that unless the Korppikultti have already come to Sanctimonia, he'd not even know of the religion. Ara'ki, where the Korppikultti is based, is very isolated, protected by magical storms and such that make it very hard to get there conventionally.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:44 am

Powers are okay (though preystrike gives me pause), but I feel like this guy is going to get lynched within a week. The bio is a bit vague; like Pat said, the Korppikultti are based on Ara'ki, so he would have had to find his way there before he could be "reborn". Also, like Phoenix said, obsidian is a poor crafting material for large blades. Something like a dagger would work a little better, but be next to useless against an armored opponent. Just warning you that your character's weapons might shatter into a thousand pieces after the first strike.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:59 am

Well, as far as I know, the Korppikultti are supposed to have a tribal level of weaponry. Thus, the obsidian weaponry.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:01 am

The Korppikultti lore is a bit outdated, and given there seems to be an interest in it, I'll attempt to get Markka and I together soon to edit it thoroughly.

Some main edits that I can give you are that the Korppikultti's weapons are made of Copper, a type of blue copper (not found in nature in the real world, but Olden can make magical exceptions), with obsidian additions mostly for decoration.

As for the character himself, his devotion to Korppi is very strong, which is exactly how most Korppikultti cultists would be. So that's good.

The magic itself, well you've given me some ideas, but I'm leaving the magic up to other people. I do like that he has to use Transcendence to use most, if not all of his magic.

His back-story is shaky, because it's very difficult to get to Ara'Ki, that and the Korppikultti don't speak common, typically. They would have members that can speak various languages, but the prominent language is a language exclusive to the Korppikultti, that is a mix of Occitan and Ara'Ki native. This language is also conveniently called Finnish in the real world.

Now I guess it's just up to Markka to give his input, before Markka and I go and edit the Korppikultti page.

I would suggest you put this character on the back-burners until the lore has been modified.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:47 am

thorogoodd wrote:
The Korppikultti lore is a bit outdated, and given there seems to be an interest in it, I'll attempt to get Markka and I together soon to edit it thoroughly.

Some main edits that I can give you are that the Korppikultti's weapons are made of Copper, a type of blue copper (not found in nature in the real world, but Olden can make magical exceptions), with obsidian additions mostly for decoration.

As for the character himself, his devotion to Korppi is very strong, which is exactly how most Korppikultti cultists would be. So that's good.

The magic itself, well you've given me some ideas, but I'm leaving the magic up to other people. I do like that he has to use Transcendence to use most, if not all of his magic.

His back-story is shaky, because it's very difficult to get to Ara'Ki, that and the Korppikultti don't speak common, typically. They would have members that can speak various languages, but the prominent language is a language exclusive to the Korppikultti, that is a mix of Occitan and Ara'Ki native. This language is also conveniently called Finnish in the real world.

Now I guess it's just up to Markka to give his input, before Markka and I go and edit the Korppikultti page.

I would suggest you put this character on the back-burners until the lore has been modified.

Thank you = ). I really appreciate the effort, and I'm glad a lot of it was found satisfactory.

I talked to Krug about getting to Ara'ki, and she seemed to think it was okay (she was the one that told me that Sidans were the only ones that knew how to get there).. Anyways, regardless, I'm really looking forward to seeing how this plays out, and I don't mind waiting in the least. ^^

Oh, and I'd gladly change the weapons to something more effective, I just went with the lore accurate tools of the trade offered to the followers. I'd also look at changing preystrike up a bit to make it cause less worry as a light power.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:45 am

Dominator046 wrote:
I talked to Krug about getting to Ara'ki, and she seemed to think it was okay (she was the one that told me that Sidans were the only ones that knew how to get there)..

Pffhahaha
Back to top Go down
Markka
Dedicated Poster
Markka

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:58 am

The idea with the obsidian weapons was to provide lethal weaponry against lightly and unarmored targets. If the blade snaps or shatters, there's the extra problem of needing to get the shards out of you before you can heal. Obsidian is also really, really, really sharp. It's likely they would have some more durable weapons by now.

Like Thoro said, his devotion to Korppi is good. Just like his cultist should be. I liked how you referred to people as children and flock.

Besides the backstory, which doesn't quite explain why exactly he went to Ara'ki, I don't see much wrong with the character.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:13 pm

Markka wrote:
The idea with the obsidian weapons was to provide lethal weaponry against lightly and unarmored targets. If the blade snaps or shatters, there's the extra problem of needing to get the shards out of you before you can heal. Obsidian is also really, really, really sharp. It's likely they would have some more durable weapons by now.

Like Thoro said, his devotion to Korppi is good. Just like his cultist should be. I liked how you referred to people as children and flock.

Besides the backstory, which doesn't quite explain why exactly he went to Ara'ki, I don't see much wrong with the character.

Awesome stuff all around, thanks friend. ^^

And great song in your sig. = D
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:44 pm

With great haste, and care, Markka and I have finished editing the Korppikultti page. Mostly thanks to Markka.

You can now feel free to review the page again, edit your character accordingly, and then we can perform a full assessment of him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:49 pm

Munroe wrote:
Dominator046 wrote:
I talked to Krug about getting to Ara'ki, and she seemed to think it was okay (she was the one that told me that Sidans were the only ones that knew how to get there)..

Pffhahaha

Krug's my girl, hands off.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:50 pm

Zaku wrote:
Munroe wrote:
Dominator046 wrote:

Pffhahaha

Pffhahaha
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 6:14 am

thorogoodd wrote:
Zaku wrote:
Munroe wrote:
Dominator046 wrote:

Pffhahaha

Pffhahaha

*** PhoenixRhapsody puts his hands on Krug's chest. 'You mean like this?"
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:28 am

Biography has been updated. = )

I added the Raven Souls feature, updated my equipment, and gave myself a new defensive ability to work with Raven Souls and my Equipment.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:50 am

Quote :
she was the one that told me that Sidans were the only ones that knew how to get there

To be entirely truthful, I said the Sidans were the only ones who knew how to get to Kazoshu, that is, past the Endless Mist. And I only said that as a miscellaneous comment, really.

Apologies for the misunderstandings :V.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:58 am

And I was laughing because Krug is a dude.

Apologies for the misunderstandings.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 11:03 am

Munroe wrote:
And I was laughing because Krug is a dude.

Apologies for the misunderstandings.

Slanderous lies.

I've seen Krug's breasticles.

she showed me them on chatroulette
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:26 pm

Krug wrote:
Quote :
she was the one that told me that Sidans were the only ones that knew how to get there

To be entirely truthful, I said the Sidans were the only ones who knew how to get to Kazoshu, that is, past the Endless Mist. And I only said that as a miscellaneous comment, really.

Apologies for the misunderstandings :V.

Oh dear, my apologies. = (

Anyways, as it stands now, the Biography is updated.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 12:02 pm

Also, Kardinaali wouldn't advanced to Rovasti unless they proved to me rather inept with magic.

Unless your character isn't as good with magic as most Kardinaali, I would suggest Apotti to be his next goal. However, it should be noted that Apotti is a lofty goal, and most Apotti would also be granted Hoyhenmaagit. Which is usually something reserved for very powerful mages within the Korppikultti.

So unless your mage is destined to be Hoyhenmaagit (which would be a process conducted within the Rampion) the highest rank he could achieve is Kardinaali.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 12:20 pm

thorogoodd wrote:
Also, Kardinaali wouldn't advanced to Rovasti unless they proved to me rather inept with magic.

Unless your character isn't as good with magic as most Kardinaali, I would suggest Apotti to be his next goal. However, it should be noted that Apotti is a lofty goal, and most Apotti would also be granted Hoyhenmaagit. Which is usually something reserved for very powerful mages within the Korppikultti.

So unless your mage is destined to be Hoyhenmaagit (which would be a process conducted within the Rampion) the highest rank he could achieve is Kardinaali.

Changed it, he is now Kardinaali is his current position, and Apotti his next advancement. Though I understand magic is to be rare in the roleplay, I wanted to make Seth a proficient magic user that had his spark fostered with the cult in their monastic home; however, with less AoE/ranged casting abilities, and more 1v1 abilities that required him to fall upon his Korppikultti equipment and light melee skills.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 12:30 pm

Dominator046 wrote:
thorogoodd wrote:

Though I understand magic is to be rare in the roleplay, I wanted to make Seth a proficient magic user that had his spark fostered with the cult in their monastic home; however, with less AoE/ranged casting abilities, and more 1v1 abilities that required him to fall upon his Korppikultti equipment and light melee skills.

Magic is rare in places other than Ara'Ki, and perhaps other secluded places. Fixed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary Empty

Back to top Go down

Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next