Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Striking Back, Part 2

Go down 
+3
Spadge
noodle
Pat
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat
Administrator
Pat

Striking Back, Part 2 Empty
PostSubject: Striking Back, Part 2   Striking Back, Part 2 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:42 pm

Striking Back, Part 2

It is my pleasure, good people of Surna, and stalwart defenders of the faith, to report what you may already know. The recent battle was a resounding success. With the aid of her citizens, including the Irregulars and the noble Goblins of our forests, the Black Watch has broken the back of the enemy. The Southron Devils have been broken, the bulk of their force captured or struck down. Whatever remains has not the manpower nor the range to deal the same merciless blows that it has been in these last months. It is my pleasure to announce that the roads are once again safe for travel - trade and commerce may now resume, which should bring a new life to the town. And with this, our message has been sent. The secrets which Radimir and Olm sought to keep hidden will be known to the Crown. And I have personally put out the request, which I have no doubt will be answered - the Concordic Knights will come to Surna. And my fellow Knights and I will work tirelessly to put an end to the threat of Vladislav Radimir and the Blight in Surna, for good.

To that end, people of Surna, I ask you to resolve yourself towards the possibility of further hardship. Various powers have conspired to bring together a nation, built on bankrupt morals and the persecution of the weak and downtrodden. Led by an enemy of the state, a murderer, and a demon-summoner, I have no doubt that he seeks conflict. And if it must happen, Sanctimonia will go to war. It is not a happy thing to consider, and I do not relish combat as some do. Many will die, innocents on both sides, sons and fathers, daughters and mothers. But if it must be done, I do not turn from it, but only seek to bring an end quickly. If Olm and his servants have made themselves our enemies, so be it. So prepare, Surna, and know that you have had a invaluable part in this. The plans of the enemy in Surna have been broken; the first step towards victory.

The struggle never truly ends, however. And so I must make aware that the Irregulars will, once again, be shortly called to duty. Evidence of a great atrocity, committed by the enemy within our own borders, has been made known to me by one of the captives rescued during the previous battle. As before, confidential information will reach you soon. Be ready.

In Confidence, In Victory, In Faith,

Ser Barton T. Freidhold

Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 2   Striking Back, Part 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:51 am

// RIP Barton, baby. So when are the Concords getting here?
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 2   Striking Back, Part 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 11:59 am

Quote :

Barton's words, written so many weeks ago, ring mournful to your ears. He wrote with such hope, and confidence in victory, so unknowing of the cold murder to come. Yet some part of you must still believe in the truth of his words. Or perhaps you never really bought into the poor fool's hopes of heroism, reborn, and saw him for what he was; a soft-hearted man, doomed to pay for his naivete. Yet, in some way, you still fight for his vision, walking where you do now. Perhaps you know that the time comes when one must take up arms and walk into danger.

For surely you do walk into danger. You have listened to the words of the Gaerd, and of the Dver; perhaps not as intently as one might, but you still heard their words; a cave, abandoned for decades, and a mad-man within. You know that, by whoever's command, be it the Blight-Caster or the Tiefling, or someone yet unknown, the entire purpose of the Southron Devil's invisible blockade of Surna, plucking endless caravansary and merchants from the wilderness, has been towards this. Slaves, gathered, for the maintenance of an ungodly machine, so deadly that droves of disposable labor are absolutely required. Even the exact function of the machine is a mystery; save that it produces a horrid, black tar-like substance which is the focus of the entire great abomination.

It will take at least two days of travel to arrive, through thickets of forest few travel. The Dver, Alderath Kagron, has promised to accompany you, though he has declined to walk among you, insisting upon a different means of travel. And you truly doubt that he accompanies you to help Surna. No, he ventures for a different purpose; indignant rage. Rage that a Dver would betray his people's secrets.

As you travel through these ancient woods, some part of you feels a connection to the distant past. This land, fed the blood of heroes and villains both, with the lingering scars of desperate battle. Perhaps you do not go to some glorious war or heroic quest like those of the Age of Heroes. But walking among the aged trees, you can nevertheless feel the deep past, still very much alive today.

And in your deepest thoughts, where the most primal of fears rest, you feel distant eyes watching your travels; unknown witnesses watching as you voyage further into the depths of the earth...

Striking Back, Part 2 Cave_by_eWKn

Last edited by Pat on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 2   Striking Back, Part 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 12:04 pm

OOC: Prospective time for the event; 12 noon, PST. Make sure you have the map. It'll be in server.

If you can attend, post below with your character. If you can't attend at that time, please tell me. If you need help converting the time to your time zone, post your time zone below, and I'll do it for you.

As an aside; for this event, I'd like to have only the characters who have a legitimate reason and desire to go on this quest, as well as an understanding of the events that came before. Just so I don't have to explain why a random person from out of town with 7 shillings in his pocket ran in a cave with a bunch of adventurers.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 2   Striking Back, Part 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 12:10 pm

OOC: Oh, if you will, please also include the motivation your character has for going on this, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Spadge
Vengaboy
Spadge

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 2   Striking Back, Part 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 12:13 pm

OOC: Spadge will be reporting as an Event Assistant.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 2   Striking Back, Part 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 1:08 pm

OOC: Darius Jiaran. He's going because he's in the Irregulars, and because Korppi told him some whispered secrets involving the event.

I'm EST however, and I get home at 3 pm. So, that's like right on time I think. Hopefully it works out.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 2   Striking Back, Part 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 4:25 pm

OOC: Aedelric has a penchant for having trouble attempt to rape him, so, he'll be there. Simon will request leave time to go and help da peoples and win the hearts of comely wenches. Al-Jabar will stay in Surna, but perhaps coordinate with Alderath before the journey, to see if he can help. Malcolm will be stealing and subterfuging for money to make up for his pistols. Zothu-Bah is ever present in all things ever.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 2   Striking Back, Part 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 11:33 pm

OOC: 12:30 PST is good for me tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 2   Striking Back, Part 2 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 4:02 pm

OOC ; Updated. Changed to 3:30 PM PST, 6:30 PM EST.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 2   Striking Back, Part 2 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 4:04 pm

OOC: Sounds good, should be there unless some last minute things go down
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 2   Striking Back, Part 2 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 4:35 pm

Pat: confirmed peeps - pear, dom, noodle, thoro, boom
Pat: assistants - spadge and ruta
Pat: i'm okay with this

spadge and ruta, i need you on the server at about 2:30 pm PST
Back to top Go down
TheGunrunner
Dedicated Poster
TheGunrunner

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 2   Striking Back, Part 2 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 10:03 am

I have school, so I wouldn't be able to make it at twelve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 2   Striking Back, Part 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Striking Back, Part 2
Page 1 of 1