Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Striking Back, Part 1

Go down 
+2
BooM
Pat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat
Administrator
Pat

Striking Back, Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Striking Back, Part 1   Striking Back, Part 1 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:10 pm

Striking Back, Part 1

My name is Barton Thule Freidhold, Knight Lieutenant of the Knights Concordic. I am not much suited for speech-making, nor for much study beyond what I learned to become a Knight of the Crown. But I know enough to make my case - and perhaps impart the same sense of dire urgency that I have felt looming in my mind in recent days. Though I am still but a stranger to many of you, I hope that my sincerity and our shared faith in His Primacy, our grace Tyr, will help my words ring true.

Something is gathering in the world, as of late. Something is changing. Many shadowy agents and dark powers seem to move in unison, with shared purpose. Something that I could not believe could be true - or perhaps feared it could be, more than anything else. And I know now that a part of this plan - however large or small - is to keep Surna isolated, ignorant, and fearful. To this end, we have been almost entirely cut off from the rest of the world - indeed, the rest of our own -nation-. Foreign mercenaries have invaded our lands and begun a war against the traders and caravans, the pilgrims and travelers who dare to try to leave this city. Calling themselves the Southron Devils, they are skilled, clever, and ruthless. Alone, employed by whatever malefactor seeks Surna's downfall, they have gained almost complete superiority over the wilderness and our roads. This cannot continue. It is very important to someone that Surna cannot connect with the outside world, and cannot deliver the news which it carries.

And that news is this - that a conspiracy has infested the land, working against the common good. Vladislav Radimir, the Blight Caster, is being aided by Imperial Trade, who has threatened in no simple terms to send their mercenaries against our city and ransack our town, if I did not give the order to punish our own soldiers with execution. But both the Blight Caster and Imperial Trade have darker, larger motivations. They are both complicit in a frightening change in the south - the unification of Maalik, the land of faithless mystics, under the will of one man - Marcus Olm, the murderer of Commander David Halberry, and nefarious Demon-Summoner. For whatever reason, they have been instructed to target Surna, to imprison her in her own lands. Even the infamous (though now vanished) Vorn Tyrr may have a hand in this, though his role can only be limited to guesswork at this time. Certainly, however, the Southron Devils are either allied with or serve Vladislav Radimir, as they aided him to no end in the recent battle. It is by their hand that Radimir escaped, and many terrible casualties inflicted upon our soldiers. Even the murder of Lisa Higgins, I believe, can be traced to Radimir's hand.

Therefore, the way forward is clear, if difficult - Radimir has made himself an enemy of Sanctimonia, aiding his ally in the south by silencing Surna. We must, then, by our own will, break free of this ephemeral siege and deliver the burden which Surna carries - knowledge.

Because we fear our messages - and our words - are being monitored, we cannot, unfortunately, disclose the first step of our battle in this letter. All who wish to fight, however, will be informed of our plans, just before battle. I will call the Irregulars to battle, and muster the Watch and Black Watch to my side. We will not tolerate living in fear any longer.

In Confidence, In Victory, In Faith,

Ser Barton T. Freidhold

Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 1   Striking Back, Part 1 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:31 pm

[After signing up, you are given a secure, leatherbound letter. Held within are the details of the battle to come.]

First, let me express my gratitude and pride in you, whoever you may be, and for whatever reasons you have for signing on. Whether for pride, duty, or simple silver, by doing this you risk your life for the name of the Crown and the well-being of all her inhabitants.

From information discovered during a recent raid on the Office of Census and Immigration, we've discovered the location of a significant staging ground for the Southron Devils, located deep in the wilderness. It's believed that, from here, the Devils can organize raiding parties to strike at almost any location near Surna. Assaulting this outpost is, therefore, integral to reducing the strike capabilities of these invaders.

The Black Watch, aided by a mix of Watchmen, contracted mercenaries, and the Irregulars, will assault the base at an as-of-yet undisclosed date. It is believed from the documents discovered that the Devils have captured a number of travelers during their raids, for whatever reason. Therefore, the Irregulars will be tasked with breaking away from the Black Watch and slipping into the outpost, in order to secure the prisoner's release and hopefully seize any sensitive information before the Devils have a chance to destroy it.

More details will be released as the operation develops.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 1   Striking Back, Part 1 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:43 pm

OOC Details :

Basically, this event is supposed to be a big'un, part one of two big'uns. This one will be on a similar scale and character as the previous event to kill Vladislav.

This event is very much still in development, and I don't want to give a date without a bit of planning. It'll be done as soon as possible.

Anyone can attend, either serving as an event character, an Irregular, or by having your character contracted as a mercenary.

If you want more OOC information about the plot so far, and the details of the raid on Census and Immigration, visit the Irregulars faction thread.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 1   Striking Back, Part 1 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:54 pm

OOC : Just to emphasize - the battle plans have only been handed out to the commanders and a few trusted individuals, as of yet. Everyone else involved will be handed the orders right before going to battle, to maintain secrecy.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 1   Striking Back, Part 1 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:39 pm

OOC : Possible date for the event - Tuesday, March 26th. This week. How many of you think you could attend on that date?
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 1   Striking Back, Part 1 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 7:55 am

OOC : Again, how many of you are free on Tuesday, tomorrow?

Please post with the times you might be free, along with your timezone.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 1   Striking Back, Part 1 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 8:37 am

Free. Anytime.
Back to top Go down
wizered153
Dedicated Poster
wizered153

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 1   Striking Back, Part 1 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 10:36 am

OOC: Anywhere from 4:30 to 9:00 PM Central Moutain Time is good for meh.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 1   Striking Back, Part 1 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 10:59 am

3pm - at least 7pm EST, most likely longer however.
Back to top Go down
Spadge
Vengaboy
Spadge

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 1   Striking Back, Part 1 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 12:05 pm

BooM wrote:
Free. Anytime.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 1   Striking Back, Part 1 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 6:34 am

Just to give us some more time to run this smoothly, I'm delaying this until next week.

Why next week and not just a few more days? Because Rutabega isn't off until then and we're joined at the hip I won't attempt such a large event without him helping.

The new prospective date will be Monday of next week. Does everyone's schedules still apply?
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 1   Striking Back, Part 1 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 9:57 am

OOC : Possible change of plans AGAIN. My schedule recently cleared up for Wednesday. If you guys can attend, we might be able to do it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 1   Striking Back, Part 1 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 11:01 am

Pat wrote:
OOC : Possible change of plans AGAIN. My schedule recently cleared up for Wednesday. If you guys can attend, we might be able to do it tomorrow.

Wednesday... I think I'll be okay. My girlfriend will be getting ready for a relative's Easter get together, to which she has to fly cross-country for; so I may be in an extended skype call, as I won't be able to drive out to her house tomorrow to spend time with her personally.

Monday, I should be A-okay with as well.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 1   Striking Back, Part 1 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 11:30 am

I am VERY open Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 1   Striking Back, Part 1 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 2:47 pm

Confirmed. Event is happening on wednesday.

Everyone needs to download this map - http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=116078

Extract it the old fashioned way, into garrysmod/garrysmod/download/maps.

Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 1   Striking Back, Part 1 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 7:39 am

Event will be starting in about ONE hour. Everyone should start making their way into the server.

If you need the map, message me or Dominator.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Striking Back, Part 1   Striking Back, Part 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Striking Back, Part 1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aeria Roleplay :: Events-
Jump to: