Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jessica 'Moon' Knight

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
banditofdoom
Scrublet
banditofdoom

Jessica 'Moon' Knight Empty
PostSubject: Jessica 'Moon' Knight   Jessica 'Moon' Knight EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 1:30 pm

Name:Jessica 'Moon' Knight
Race: Aasimir
Birthplace:Within the borders of sanctimonia
Distinguishing Marks: None

Story:Jessica 'Moon' Knight was born an only Aasimir child. As a child she was always either helping her father with blacksmithing or learning prayer magic from her mother. Her mother was a high priestess in her caravan and her father was a blacksmith. She decided to take up blacksmithing as her main skill and learn a bit of healing magic on the side. Jessica and her family knew a human family who associated themselves with the Aasimir as proxies and as such, whenever they passed by the two famlies met for lunch. Dragging the kids along while they were at it. The kids were of course, Jessica and the proxy families son Cadogan Tasma. As Jessica grew older she started to realise that her caravan was slowly coming apart due to low numbers. When she asked her mother what to do she responded with "Theres nothing we can do but wait it out." Jessica decided she was going to show her people that other races weren't so bad and that they could open up to others. Following Cadogan Tasma after he was kicked out of the noble families wealth, she has learned to open up to adventure and focus on making friends and helping her people see the world as she does, as a beautiful place! She has currently traveled to Surna with Cadogan Tasma to help each other out. She is currently searching for work as a blacksmith in the town.

Attributes: Anger- Jessica is quick to anger when pushed in certain ways and will usually take her anger out on the people who mock her.

Aasimir knowledge- Due to Jessica being an Aasimir, she has knowledge in healing and can heal medium sized gashes bringing the gashes down to small cuts.

Blacksmith training- Due to her father being a blacksmith and her training with him, she has an apprentice's knowledge of blacksmithing

Swordsmanship- Jessica has a novice degree of swordplay.

Possessions: 20 crowns 100 shillings, Silver-edged sword

Tasks:
- Make friends
- Get a job

Last edited by banditofdoom on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
banditofdoom
Scrublet
banditofdoom

PostSubject: Re: Jessica 'Moon' Knight   Jessica 'Moon' Knight EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 1:38 pm

Let me know if anything needs to be changed!
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Jessica 'Moon' Knight   Jessica 'Moon' Knight EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 1:47 am

This character seems like a fine and fair addition to the town, to balance out all the super powered death mages and glum dour warrior types. I can easily appreciate the idea, and the biography is well enough in my eyes in terms of format, but I have two points I want to bring up. = )

First off, and the only point drawing back a full accept from myself, is that I want to know about how she fights, and or how well she fights. It doesn't have to be incredibly detailed, but I like having an idea of a character's combat abilities. Just so someone can't come back and say 'oh right, well, he's a ten foot judo/kung-fu double blackbelt and master with the usage of dual flails'. Of course I don't expect you to do this, but I am paranoid, and it just gives me more to imagine the character. = )

Following this however is a minor issue, dealing with your profession; I would bring to note that Blacksmithing and Metallurgy is a time consuming, and very exhausting profession. It requires years of work, and diligent effort to produce skill in this field. Smiths could apprentice easily the amount of time that kids spend in school today, and still only reach the journeyman level. Learning to temper the metal required motor skills, physical conditioning, and a keen knowledge of the craft to understand what was going on. Iron was the abundant tool of the day, as fashioning steel was a tedious task, and even low grade steel was a difficult to produce, and highly sought after commodity. I wrote an application for my Aedelric Adahn character to be considered an Advanced Expert Blacksmith, and that is because I feel he is a bit above average, to be considered an Expert after almost twenty-one years of experience.

Not saying that you cannot be a smith, of course. = ) I welcome all those coming into the profession! I'm merely saying, that, you may need to approach the craft as an apprentice/journeyman still, based upon your abilities. Also, I wrote a nifty little metalsmithing guide here on the forums, but you have to present yourself ICly with what you know, as the guide is entirely OoC. Your profession, as stated in your biography, is not with-holding my acceptance in the least.

Similarly, if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help. = )

TLDR OF EVERYTHING I SAID:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: Jessica 'Moon' Knight   Jessica 'Moon' Knight EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 9:18 am

Yeah, Dom singlehandedly wrote the smithing lore >.> so...

Also, Aasimar have a very strict way they live.
I'd recommend reading the Aasimar lore all the way through to get a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Jessica 'Moon' Knight   Jessica 'Moon' Knight EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 9:55 am

noodle wrote:
Yeah, Dom singlehandedly wrote the smithing lore >.> so...

Also, Aasimar have a very strict way they live.
I'd recommend reading the Aasimar lore all the way through to get a good idea.

Hmm, I might have to read over the Aasimar lore, but it seems like she did. I think she is, intentionally, going for being a Black Sheep, in an attempt to help her own people in her own way. I think Tyr is okay with this, and kinda lets her do it. Either way, I might read over this and see if there's anything that stands out, to help summarize and such.

Also, it's hard to call it lore, when it's factual chemistry/physics knowledge. XDD However, I did take the time to understand, summarize, and write it down for us all to have. = ) Also helped work with the older members on the mythical metals.

---

EDIT:

I see no problems with this character in terms of race lore. = ) As long as she has fair hair, golden eyes, and uses prayer instead of common magic to heal people.
Back to top Go down
banditofdoom
Scrublet
banditofdoom

PostSubject: Re: Jessica 'Moon' Knight   Jessica 'Moon' Knight EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 12:14 pm

I have taken your ideas into consideration and have incorporated them into the abilities tab, I think it's safe to assume this character is "READY"
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Jessica 'Moon' Knight   Jessica 'Moon' Knight EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 1:07 pm

This has earned my accept. = ) Welcome aboard, feel free to play for awhile whilst you wait for your accepts; you get a good grace period for people to see you roleplay and such.
Back to top Go down
Cakebread
Vengaboy
Cakebread

PostSubject: Re: Jessica 'Moon' Knight   Jessica 'Moon' Knight EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 7:33 pm

Pretty kosher rper, had the Aasimir rp pretty spot on.
I throw in my Accept.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: Jessica 'Moon' Knight   Jessica 'Moon' Knight EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 10:27 am

Yus :3
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Jessica 'Moon' Knight   Jessica 'Moon' Knight EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 3:59 pm

Dom, can all of your posts please come with a TL;DR spoiler? Pretty please?
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Jessica 'Moon' Knight   Jessica 'Moon' Knight EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:48 pm

I've started to do that, in all honesty, Rutabega. XDD TLDR my own replies.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Jessica 'Moon' Knight   Jessica 'Moon' Knight EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:30 pm

Good show. Now with that out of the way, lemme just move this, assuming it's still relevant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jessica 'Moon' Knight   Jessica 'Moon' Knight Empty

Back to top Go down

Jessica 'Moon' Knight
Page 1 of 1