Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aranek Shamanic Noble

Go down 
+10
Spadge
Munroe
Judge Gambit
BooM
Dominator046
noodle
Blitz
thorogoodd
PhoenixRhapsody
Atlas
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pat
Administrator
Pat

Aranek Shamanic Noble - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:24 pm

I'm so sorry it took this long for me to come to this thread.

Looking over the points of concern Phoenix brought up, I find one has already been solved.

Quote :
(Just as a note. I had talked to blitz (He wrote the lore on the Aranek) and he approved the reason of leaving the jungle.

So that's that.

As far as the other point brought up, about the summoning of animals - initially, I thought this was a character I had helped out with previous. Seems there are two Aranek Shamans around here, unless Bean never posted his character.

Anyway, in glancing over the Aranek lore, it says
Quote :
The most interesting thing about the Ssazar is their ability to manipulate the forces of magic easier than that of the other sub-specie. Ssazar also have a high influence on the nature around them.

And given this character is a Ssazar, his magical abilities and affinity for nature would make sense. However, I'm not sure how the Ssazar affinity for nature works. Is it a racial ability, or would it be tied to "nature magic", which is really the animistic worship and reverence for the Vaettir.

If it's a racial ability, weaving or any other preparation might not be necessary, though exhaustion is quite possible. If it's just a higher rate of attunement to the world of nature - the latter option - then his control over nature would be related to rituals and worship.

I'd ask Blitz, but he's not online at the time of this post. So, answer that question - either way, really, - and I'll accept it, though the latter might require some more writing on your part.
Back to top Go down
Beans
Scrub
Beans

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 4:17 am

I had the same troubles with my own Aranek Shaman. I didn't understand the magic influence the Ssazar had over nature.
Back to top Go down
Foshizzle
Scrub
Foshizzle

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 4:42 am

This character looks fine to me. And Phoenix, your criticism is usually good and alright to have, but you act like your denial means the character is horrible and sohuld be remade in every way. Yeah, the community can approve or deny by opinion, but it's the admins who decide. Please don't post stuff "I stress deny and this character is horrible!" It dampens the creative spirit, as neither you, me, or any other non-admin member has any true say or approving or denying characters, just opinion.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 5:10 am

Foshizzle wrote:
neither you, me, or any other non-admin member has any true say or approving or denying characters

That's not entirely true. It's generally acknowledged that a character needs at least three accepts from regular members and one from an admin to pass. Without player approval, a character has no hope of getting through, even if the admins love it.
Back to top Go down
Foshizzle
Scrub
Foshizzle

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 5:35 am

Munroe wrote:
Foshizzle wrote:
neither you, me, or any other non-admin member has any true say or approving or denying characters

That's not entirely true. It's generally acknowledged that a character needs at least three accepts from regular members and one from an admin to pass. Without player approval, a character has no hope of getting through, even if the admins love it.

And one denial from him doesn't mean it's a trash character who can't be accepted. I just think he could be a little more constructive, a little less harsh with his criticism.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 6:12 am

Three approvals and an admin's approval mark a Approved character, but I haven't actually seen the rules on denial, if the community can even affect that or not.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/VenomOps
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 6:22 am

Venom OPS wrote:
Three approvals and an admin's approval mark a Approved character, but I haven't actually seen the rules on denial, if the community can even affect that or not.

Does that count as a approval? :o
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 6:25 am

The community, no matter what status, newfag or oldfag, has equal say, save for admins.

I suppose a denial is ignored unless it's backed up by an admin, which seems to be the case. If an Admin backs up a denial that means the character has to be modified. If the character isn't modified, it typically gets denied in total.

The acceptance and denial process is fairly loose without any -real- rules. The three members and 1 admin accept policy just kind've appeared out of thin air.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 7:36 am

If an admin denies it, chances are there's something seriously wrong with the character or how it's RPed. Usually we will try to correct any problems with the character before passing a verdict.

I will accept this whenever Pat's question is addressed.
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 7:55 am

Oh boy, lets hope blitz can answer it for me ._.
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 7:13 am

We need dat blitz
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 7:21 am

Blitz is gone and will not be returning for the foreseeable future, as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 7:23 am

Well then. Shit just got weird
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 9:55 am

Moved, because a tiny lore question that will likely be satisfactorily answered in the future is hardly a reason to keep a character in limbo.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 12:01 pm

So, I talked with Xeloras (who's in AP Physics) on the matter of the air friction / resistance spell, and he said that it'd be an incredibly difficult feat, involving the compression of air to several atmosphere's worth of pressure, and even possibly creating a vacuum surrounding the space. So, with that in mind, I think you either need to rework that particular spell, or find something to replace it.
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:38 am

Shak has left Surna due to the recent events in Surna, making his way to Talibar.
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 3:26 pm

Passed away of old age.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 3:31 pm

rip in peace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Aranek Shamanic Noble
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2