Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aranek Shamanic Noble

Go down 
+10
Spadge
Munroe
Judge Gambit
BooM
Dominator046
noodle
Blitz
thorogoodd
PhoenixRhapsody
Atlas
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

Aranek Shamanic Noble Empty
PostSubject: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 2:00 pm

Aranek Shamanic Noble Legend_of_lizard_by_alexnegrea-d4nri0h

Credit goes to Boom for Pic

Height: 5'11
Species: Aranek
Subspecies: Ssazar
Name: Shal'Nik' Nas'Olk
Birthplace: Impo'si City
Language: Common, Sidan, Aranek Tounge
Deity: Lai + Mim'ra

Abilites:
Ancient Aranek Shaman Abilities.
(Blessings, the power to control the creatures of the woods)
-The ability to cause the creatures of the forest to be frightened from certain things.

Alchemy
-Potions to help cure disease and increase the body's immune system.

Cognimacy:
-The ability to change someone's mood with a small chant or to cause hallucinations within people and animals.(Hopefully I can choose the hallucinations, someone tell me if I'm wrong)
-The ability to view distant areas through the eyes of nature, let it be a butterfly or a salamander.

Fortimacy-
-The ability to slow one's movements to a an almost complete stop - Requires constant channeling -Increases air friction by a tremendous amount in a 3 meter cubic area

Description:
Skin Tone- Dark Green
Skin Texture- Tough Reptilian Scales (Weakened from age)
Eye Color- Bright Neon Green (Not glowing)
Snout Length-Medium Sized For Male
Tail Length- 4 1/2 '
Old Sharp But Dirt Stained Teeth
Weight- (Fix me if im wrong) 347 Pounds
Body Type: Average size for a Ssazar

Inventory-

Thick warm leather cloak to cover his facial features in public. Made from the finest Aranek craftsmen.

Ceremonial Shaman staff- A well made and jeweled staff composing of gold trim, created to look like golden vines reaching to the top of the staff where a Silver Moon resides. Along the circular top there are jewels imbeded in the treated wood, Varnished in a dark brown.

Ceremonial Shamanic garb- A jewelled ceremonial necklace framed with silver to honor the goddess of the moon Lai. A green and gold stitched robe to honor Mim'ra

Backstory-

Shak's story is nothing drastic or anything out of the ordinary. As many have done before him, he had left the Sarkun jungles with others to explore the new world for them. As one of the few remaining worshippers of the forgotten Deities; Lai and Mim'ra, his goal was to simply spread his religion in the new world. Giving small blessings at taverns or performing healing tasks, he would just travel town to town, city to city until he came along to a city in southern Sanctimonia. He had met a old wizard, trained in Cognimacy and Fortimacy. As a follower of a forgotten deity of magic, he decided to take it upon himself to learn under him and paid for his services with knowledge of his own magic. There was nothing significant during these times, other than him branching out to these new schools of magic and teaching his partner on how to soothe and convince the minds of nature around them. Years later the old mage had passed away from old age and Shak was on the road again. He returned to travelling from tavern to tavern, spreading his beliefs and ways of life.

Last edited by Atlas on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:24 am; edited 14 times in total (Reason for editing : I LOVE PUPPIES)
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 5:11 am

Atlas wrote:
Weight- (Fix me if im wrong) 350 Pounds

347 lbs

Nobody's weight is a multiple of ten. NOBODY!
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 6:36 am

lol my exact weight is a multiple of ten XD
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 6:40 am

Atlas wrote:
lol my exact weight is a multiple of ten XD
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 7:19 am

This is really bare. Very little information.

Be aware that the two noble classes need a lot of reasons to leave their homes in Sarkun, seeing as they manage and run their civilization, and thus they are much rarer in the world.

Also, 137 is old as balls.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 7:41 am

Blitz wrote:
137 is old as balls.

Back to top Go down
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:51 am

thats the point

And its not done yet :|

Also, Aranek can live up to 150 years old
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 9:30 am

PhoenixRhapsody wrote:
Atlas wrote:

347 lbs

Isnt 34.7*10=347?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 10:05 am

noodle wrote:
Isnt 34.7*10=347?

Try leaving starting school before attempting maths.
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:57 am

noodle wrote:
PhoenixRhapsody wrote:
Atlas wrote:

347 lbs

Isnt 34.7*10=347?

Is that 34.7 to the exponent of ten?, I really hope my guy isnt 253101516800000 years old
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 2:09 am

Atlas wrote:
noodle wrote:
PhoenixRhapsody wrote:
Atlas wrote:

347 lbs

Isnt 34.7*10=347?

Is that 34.7 to the exponent of ten?, I really hope my guy isnt 253101516800000 years old

Where I'm from, when technology gets involved, the Asterisk is almost always used as a multiplication sign; due to the fact that x and X both are different variable in upper level physics and kinematics equations, just as much as its used in Algebra, Probability and Statistics, and Trigonometry.

...just saying, because it seriously took me like fifteen minute to establish what was being debated here. XDD
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 4:47 am

Krug wrote:
attempting maths.

I love hate how this thread is about math now.
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 5:27 am

Finished. Will adjust if anything needs fixing
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 2:00 pm

Spoiler:

Accepted after talking to him about the nature of his magics.

Last edited by PhoenixRhapsody on Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 2:13 pm

Edit: Talked it through

Last edited by Atlas on Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 2:37 pm

Spoiler:

Accepted after talking through magic with him.

Last edited by PhoenixRhapsody on Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 2:41 pm

PhoenixRhapsody wrote:

My point is that you are not in your grace period anymore. It ended today. I am saying nope because I saw 0 emotes expressing exhaustion. You obviously weren't very tired if you could still manange to summon a flock of birds without weaving.

Just as a note, I had already done many /me's based on my characters exhaustion, even when I was back in the town, walking into the tavern. It just so happened to be that all my /emotes were when everyone was doing one aswell and were overlooked. Also, I just kinda stood there and didn't really rp that much, plus it was a joke, I let it slide afterwards.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 2:54 pm

Atlas wrote:
PhoenixRhapsody wrote:

My point is that you are not in your grace period anymore. It ended today. I am saying nope because I saw 0 emotes expressing exhaustion. You obviously weren't very tired if you could still manange to summon a flock of birds without weaving.

Just as a note, I had already done many /me's based on my characters exhaustion, even when I was back in the town, walking into the tavern. It just so happened to be that all my /emotes were when everyone was doing one aswell and were overlooked. Also, I just kinda stood there and didn't really rp that much, plus it was a joke, I let it slide afterwards.
try harder in the tavern, that's where the pinnacle rp happens.
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 3:43 pm

I don't believe your character needs to be denied, rather your character improved and or changed and your skills refined to our requirements to those abilities.

Take a step back, review your work and ask, "Is this reasonable?"
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/1232513055
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 6:15 am

I am not entirely knowledgable on the Aranek, but I know for a fact that you talked with the creator of the lore, and worked hard to create a bio much larger than you would've preferred; I can easily commend you for that.

What I said to you, and in my personal opinion will get this character accept, is a little more attention to the magic and specifications thereof; I already discussed with you the intricacy of magic in this RP, so I don't really need to explain it to you a second time. You're a solid dude with a good head on your shoulders, and I think you've shown an effort to accurately portray your character.

While Pho has a point that you wouldn't be able to recreate the bird-shitting incident; that was a one time slip up that's been blown way out of proportion. I mean, in all honesty, Pho, didn't Reis have to be edited almost three times over before being in a presentable state that still had people saying 'No powerplaying'?

He gave several warnings to the nature of his stampede, he waited for everyone to get out of the way, before he had the bulk of it arrive; that was nice of him, not negligence. Even then, he did three thorough IC /its warning of the approach; again, he was being nice, and as far as I'm concerned, choosing to perhaps hold back your power a little to avoid harming other characters is a little hard to blame someone for: usually it shows an understanding of the power they wield, and a genuine attempt to play it well alongside others.

Nextly, I would like to think that there could be one Aranek out of the hordes, could decide to pursue something alien from his people; whether its out of fanatical devotion to his religion, wanderlust, or what have you; I am a blatant enemy of the slandering/disapproval of a person or idea because it 'isn't normal' as long as it can be made viable, and part of that carries over into roleplaying.

In truth, I would like to see an extension to his Grace Period, because in all honesty, I think with a little more refinement, he could easily have a large collection of Accepts.

Now, in truth, I would like to see this happen, so he could hone his character and his play style; however, knowing that this probably won't happen, and that I see good in this character, I can give him an accept. = )
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 7:50 am

Dominator046 wrote:
I mean, in all honesty, Pho, didn't Reis have to be edited almost three times over before being in a presentable state that still had people saying 'No powerplaying'?

Leave my characters out of it. This is neither the correct thread or the proper time.

As for how I presented her in RP, I waited until I had express permission from an admin (Rutabega) before I dared get into a combat event. I underplayed all my abilities so as to not have an incident that I commonly see with new players and the people that are common powerplayers. While the problems commonly brought up for my characters are the powers, never have they been an issue of me playing them on the server with ill judgment.

I expect no less of myself than I expect from everyone else, new or old. Call me crude, rude, or outright mean because I don't care; I am fair. Logic is the engine that runs my role playing spirit, imagination the fuel. Often I see characters made by characters that resemble an open flame. No harm on their own, but wait until the role play starts adding fuel. Then we have a problem.

I intend to stop the problem before it gets out of hand by not using powers of the magic variety until my app is accepted or an admin says I can use them for an event.
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 1:10 pm

PhoenixRhapsody wrote:
Dominator046 wrote:
I mean, in all honesty, Pho, didn't Reis have to be edited almost three times over before being in a presentable state that still had people saying 'No powerplaying'?

Leave my characters out of it. This is neither the correct thread or the proper time.

As for how I presented her in RP, I waited until I had express permission from an admin (Rutabega) before I dared get into a combat event. I underplayed all my abilities so as to not have an incident that I commonly see with new players and the people that are common powerplayers. While the problems commonly brought up for my characters are the powers, never have they been an issue of me playing them on the server with ill judgment.

I expect no less of myself than I expect from everyone else, new or old. Call me crude, rude, or outright mean because I don't care; I am fair. Logic is the engine that runs my role playing spirit, imagination the fuel. Often I see characters made by characters that resemble an open flame. No harm on their own, but wait until the role play starts adding fuel. Then we have a problem.

I intend to stop the problem before it gets out of hand by not using powers of the magic variety until my app is accepted or an admin says I can use them for an event.

I had asked Ruta to join in the fight and said I was going to cast a bit of magic and he said go ahead. Although, I do admit, I went overkill with the stampede, I guess I just got too into it. Also, I have edited the abilities page so it is more lore friendly
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 1:14 pm

Aranek Shamanic Noble 109-45

Character approval in a nutshell.
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 1:16 pm

Aranek Shamanic Noble Bite-the-pillow-im-going-in-dry
Back to top Go down
Spadge
Vengaboy
Spadge

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 1:24 pm

The character page seems fine to me, here's my accept.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aranek Shamanic Noble   Aranek Shamanic Noble Empty

Back to top Go down

Aranek Shamanic Noble
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next