Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)

Go down 
+7
Spadge
Kain
Dominator046
Blitz
Cakebread
Munroe
Black Banana Party
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Black Banana Party
Giant Scrub
Black Banana Party

Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) Empty
PostSubject: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:18 am

Quote :
Full Name: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari II
Nickname(s): Laina
Race: Half-Elf
Language(s): Fluent Common, Fluent Elvish.
-Picked up on the languages from having a rather high class family with above-average class education.
Birthplace:New-Imperia, Sanctimonia.
Alignment: Good

Edit: 10/2/2012. Added music for the character.

Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) Bbpartyappearancebanner

Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) Snow_e11

Quote :
Hair Color: Golden Blonde
-Her hair's a mix of wavy and straight with dirty blonde strokes in it.
Skin Color: Paler than the average human, slightly pinkish tinge to her skin.
Eye Color: White irises.
Body: Athletic/Buxom build, no ridiculous muscle mass. Slightly plump lower body- thighs&upper legs, waist. Average upper body, slim belly with an average chest bust.
-Though this doesn't make her feeble as a rose either.
Weight: 145 lbs.
Height: 5'9''

Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) Bbpartybiographybanner

An Oddity or Destiny?
Spoiler:

Kids will be kids
Spoiler:

The best resources are your own.
Spoiler:

A strange habit occurs...
Spoiler:

The Turnpike
Spoiler:

Leaving Home.
Spoiler:

The Journey East
Spoiler:

A New Found Friend

Spoiler:

Learning to Fight, Pt 1. The Blacksmith
Spoiler:

Learning to Fight, Pt 2. The Deal

Spoiler:

Learning to Fight, Pt. 3. A New Arsenal.

Spoiler:

The Hunt Finds the Hunter/Huntress.
Spoiler:

Apologies on the backstory taking more time than it should, been busy with school and my job, I'll get more done eventually.

Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) Bbpart12

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Black Banana Party on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:12 am; edited 22 times in total
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 1:56 pm

Looks great so far, but... glowing eyes?
Back to top Go down
Black Banana Party
Giant Scrub
Black Banana Party

PostSubject: Re: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 2:15 pm

Munroe wrote:
Looks great so far, but... glowing eyes?

Special eyes from my character's bloodline, it's much like cat vision. Think of about the brightness of a glowstick in the night, maybe about half of that.

Last edited by Black Banana Party on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 6:04 pm

Sylvari? My ID on Guild Wars 2 is Zaku.1709 if you want to add me.

That aside, considering toning down the glowing eyes bit. You'd be surprised just how unique playing a normal character is around here.
Back to top Go down
Black Banana Party
Giant Scrub
Black Banana Party

PostSubject: Re: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 6:09 pm

Removed the glow all together, kept the white irises though.

On a side note, I don't play GW2 so you may have me confused with someone else, sorry to disappoint.

Last edited by Black Banana Party on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 6:13 pm

It's pretty traditional to assume Elves have some sort've affinity for seeing in the dark (I know darkvision is something they're gifted with in D&D) so I could see why one would make the connection.

And you're missing out. Guild Wars 2 is an extremely good game.
Back to top Go down
Black Banana Party
Giant Scrub
Black Banana Party

PostSubject: Re: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 6:15 pm

Zaku wrote:
It's pretty traditional to assume Elves have some sort've affinity for seeing in the dark (I know darkvision is something they're gifted with in D&D) so I could see why one would make the connection.

That was kind of my intention, but I'd rather give up that aspect and keep the character I put a lot of time into making, rather than start a dispute over a minor thing, worse comes to worse I'll make a torch to see.
Back to top Go down
Cakebread
Vengaboy
Cakebread

PostSubject: Re: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 6:20 pm

Zaku wrote:

Hey Zaku do you still go in a single man instance per area unless you have people join you in a town?
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 12:57 am

my lore critiques:

1, nitpicky issue. Name isn't Slavic whatsoever but not really a big deal.

2, lived in Pycheko yet doesn't know the language, Aru.

3, elves don't mean shit in Pycheko and have mostly been sent into forced labor. Highly unlikely of them acquiring a noble or wealthy position.

Quote :
About a year or two later, Ada'laina was walking through the market alone, she encountered a strange man preaching about Kelemvor to the people of the streets, throwing dirty water at them and cursing their names.
very unlikely seeing how there is literally a soldier on every street corner who would drag this guy away and send him to a "happy fun time workplace" in the wastes.

5, in general it seems like you haven't even spent the time to read up on Pycheko other than go into the geographical page and say "hmmm I suppose I'll have my character live here." It lacks really any hint of Pychekan influence or culture besides "Vytek".

If you want your character to have a good backstory, research where you're placing them there instead of just assuming that it's a more northern Sanctimonia where people speak funny accents. Plus it's kind of offensive when someone uses my lore and then doesn't even get it right, or consult me to confirm that it's right.

pending

Back to top Go down
Black Banana Party
Giant Scrub
Black Banana Party

PostSubject: Re: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 3:40 am

Quote :
nitpicky issue. Name isn't Slavic whatsoever but not really a big deal.

I assumed an elf family to have kept their names elvish, like you don't see white people in say, Japan having their names the same as the traditional names there. Or like African Americans often give their children African based names.

Blitz wrote:
lived in Pycheko yet doesn't know the language, Aru.

I edited my thing late last night, changing a few things. I'd also assume if you went to school in Pycheko, you'd pick up on how to speak the language. Apologies for giving the benefit of the doubt that people wouldn't assume that.

Quote :
3, elves don't mean shit in Pycheko and have mostly been sent into forced labor. Highly unlikely of them acquiring a noble or wealthy position.

It's highly unlikely, but then again look at how ridiculous some of the other characters on this server are, if this is a problem then I don't even know what to say about some of the other approval requests.

Quote :
very unlikely seeing how there is literally a soldier on every street corner who would drag this guy away and send him to a "happy fun time workplace" in the wastes.

Already stated he was dragged off, I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Quote :
in general it seems like you haven't even spent the time to read up on Pycheko other than go into the geographical page and say "hmmm I suppose I'll have my character live here." It lacks really any hint of Pychekan influence or culture besides "Vytek".

I havn't mentioned a whole lot on it considering most of my backstory isn't me just rolling around town doing stuff, not much was mentioned as I didn't see the need to stick it in there when the story is based around my character, not the buildings and people around her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:07 am

Black Banana Party wrote:
I havn't mentioned a whole lot on it considering most of my backstory isn't me just rolling around town doing stuff, not much was mentioned as I didn't see the need to stick it in there when the story is based around my character, not the buildings and people around her.

Of course, but we have to take into account the harsh environment and polar opposite ideals that certain police state societies have to normal Sanctimonian ideals. For example, the pre-timeskip Occitanian Empire and the Pychekans do share the same police state apparatus, and therefore we can assume that the nobility of the land would not simply be left alone, and if I am right in assuming Pychekans value work and nationality as much as the Occitanians of old did, then most likely the Elven family would be heavily monitored by the forces of the state, and of course the young Ada'laina would most likely be exposed to certain aspects of the society that can not be sheltered. Again, I am not majorly versed in Pychekan lore, but what I can expect is the same of old Occitan. Street beatings, forced rehousing and a lot of bullying by the state. As such, we can assume that it is very important to the backstory that we see that she has come from a certain environment into another, as it allows us to easily identify her in the roleplay, as well as helping to flesh out the backstory of the character herself. Also a good thing to note; if you list your character as 'Pychekan' as it were, there are certain other characters in this roleplay that may interact with her differently, and may require some knowledge on the lore of the country, as it is hard to roleplay or argue against something you haven't a clue about. This isn't a personal attack, but more of a reminder to quickly brush up on some Pychekan lore, as I believe it will help you to understand why putting your Elven house of nobility into such a harsh society might seem odd to some. It also helps to know the world you're roleplaying in!

Anyway, those are my two cents. I'm sure Blitz doesn't mind me doing this, as he is the original creator of Pycheko and I believe that seeing characters that may not have fit in with his idea of the country may grind against his gears slightly, so to speak. However, if I have given a wrong impression of Pychekan society, please feel free to ignore me, but I feel confident that I have portrayed it as I have witnessed from certain characters and Pychekan ambassadors on the server.

Hope you get your character passed, and into the world of Aeria, so we can see you on server!
Back to top Go down
Black Banana Party
Giant Scrub
Black Banana Party

PostSubject: Re: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:22 am

Jacque wrote:
Black Banana Party wrote:

Of course, but we have to take into account the harsh environment and polar opposite ideals that certain police state societies have to normal Sanctimonian ideals. For example, the pre-timeskip Occitanian Empire and the Pychekans do share the same police state apparatus, and therefore we can assume that the nobility of the land would not simply be left alone, and if I am right in assuming Pychekans value work and nationality as much as the Occitanians of old did, then most likely the Elven family would be heavily monitored by the forces of the state, and of course the young Ada'laina would most likely be exposed to certain aspects of the society that can not be sheltered. Again, I am not majorly versed in Pychekan lore, but what I can expect is the same of old Occitan. Street beatings, forced rehousing and a lot of bullying by the state. As such, we can assume that it is very important to the backstory that we see that she has come from a certain environment into another, as it allows us to easily identify her in the roleplay, as well as helping to flesh out the backstory of the character herself. Also a good thing to note; if you list your character as 'Pychekan' as it were, there are certain other characters in this roleplay that may interact with her differently, and may require some knowledge on the lore of the country, as it is hard to roleplay or argue against something you haven't a clue about. This isn't a personal attack, but more of a reminder to quickly brush up on some Pychekan lore, as I believe it will help you to understand why putting your Elven house of nobility into such a harsh society might seem odd to some. It also helps to know the world you're roleplaying in!

Anyway, those are my two cents. I'm sure Blitz doesn't mind me doing this, as he is the original creator of Pycheko and I believe that seeing characters that may not have fit in with his idea of the country may grind against his gears slightly, so to speak. However, if I have given a wrong impression of Pychekan society, please feel free to ignore me, but I feel confident that I have portrayed it as I have witnessed from certain characters and Pychekan ambassadors on the server.

Hope you get your character passed, and into the world of Aeria, so we can see you on server!

I appreciate the advise, I'm probably going to change my birthplace to make it a little more convenient for everyone, apologies for being a little short on the lore, there's a few things I missed but I'll be sure to change a few things around so that my story fits together nicely.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:39 am

Cakebread wrote:
Zaku wrote:

Hey Zaku do you still go in a single man instance per area unless you have people join you in a town?

No, there are no more instances. Once Jacque gets his copy of GW2 we'll most likely make a thread for it and we can circlejerk there together and not on this character page.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 3:59 am

The biography is truly impressive, and shows a lot of dedication. I like what I see already, and I cannot wait to see a little more. I'll save my final judgement for when the biography is in a more finished state. = )
Back to top Go down
Black Banana Party
Giant Scrub
Black Banana Party

PostSubject: Re: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 6:58 am

Dominator046 wrote:
The biography is truly impressive, and shows a lot of dedication. I like what I see already, and I cannot wait to see a little more. I'll save my final judgement for when the biography is in a more finished state. = )

Thanks Dom, I appreciate the support. I'll have more coming soon.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

PostSubject: Re: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 7:42 am

o.o

monster hunter

haven't seen one of those in a while.
Back to top Go down
Spadge
Vengaboy
Spadge

PostSubject: Re: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 10:39 am

Zaku wrote:
Cakebread wrote:
Zaku wrote:

No, there are no more instances. Once Jacque gets his copy of GW2 we'll most likely make a thread for it and we can circlejerk there together and not on this character page.

I'll be waiting.
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 4:52 pm

Monster hunting ehy...

Two things. Natix. Bounty Board.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/1232513055
J. Jordan
Almost-Member
J. Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:34 am

Did I not add the stamp of approval from me?

Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) Stamp-1
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Oh, hey.

I quite like the backstory, good job on that, though the Tiger incident seems a bit strange, given, in Olden, Elves don't have a natural affinity for nature by the merit of being Elves. Only the Tymafar of Nuihadhas (Estivon in the Common Tongue), otherwise known as the Wild Elves, have a natural affinity for nature.

But disregard that. Aeria being a place of magic, certain anomalies and unknowns can take place.

My input would be to change the race of her aristocratic house to Half Elven, or Elefar, as being of "High" Elf blood assumes some very specific things that are not reflected in her biography, but being Half Elven fits, as there are many Half Elven families, old families, descended from Elven immigrants, be it from Ahdsur (homeland of the High Elves) or of Nuihadhas. Their ancestry is up to you, though being of Wild Elf descent might explain the friendliness of her tiger. Half Elves retain most of their Elven ancestor's magical potency, but live, on average, only to 150.

Other than that, I quite like when characters share a backstory, or at least know each other before arriving in Surna.

Accepted. Just change her race to Half Elf and we're golden.
Back to top Go down
Black Banana Party
Giant Scrub
Black Banana Party

PostSubject: Re: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 6:22 am

Pat wrote:
Oh, hey.

I quite like the backstory, good job on that, though the Tiger incident seems a bit strange, given, in Olden, Elves don't have a natural affinity for nature by the merit of being Elves. Only the Tymafar of Nuihadhas (Estivon in the Common Tongue), otherwise known as the Wild Elves, have a natural affinity for nature.

But disregard that. Aeria being a place of magic, certain anomalies and unknowns can take place.

My input would be to change the race of her aristocratic house to Half Elven, or Elefar, as being of "High" Elf blood assumes some very specific things that are not reflected in her biography, but being Half Elven fits, as there are many Half Elven families, old families, descended from Elven immigrants, be it from Ahdsur (homeland of the High Elves) or of Nuihadhas. Their ancestry is up to you, though being of Wild Elf descent might explain the friendliness of her tiger. Half Elves retain most of their Elven ancestor's magical potency, but live, on average, only to 150.

Other than that, I quite like when characters share a backstory, or at least know each other before arriving in Surna.

Accepted. Just change her race to Half Elf and we're golden.

Great comment. I appreciate the positive feedback and the support :)

However, to clear things up. The tiger didn't attack her because she was young, and had no real intention to fight him, as most animals have the instinct to sense fear, aggression, etcetera. So I added that into the play that maybe some people didn't catch. It didn't attack her because he knew she was both scared and had no aggressive intentions towards him.
Back to top Go down
Cakebread
Vengaboy
Cakebread

PostSubject: Re: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 4:18 pm

Acceptemente, kosher to me.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

PostSubject: Re: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 4:24 pm

yep
Back to top Go down
Black Banana Party
Giant Scrub
Black Banana Party

PostSubject: Re: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 2:16 pm

Putting the backstory on hold for now.

Last edited by Black Banana Party on Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)   Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress) Empty

Back to top Go down

Lady Ada'laina Sylvari (work in progress)
Page 1 of 1