Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Samuel Fisher

Go down 
+6
Munroe
Markka
Otter
J. Jordan
Vayt
Black Banana Party
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Black Banana Party
Giant Scrub
Black Banana Party

Samuel Fisher Empty
PostSubject: Samuel Fisher   Samuel Fisher EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 1:28 pm

Race: Human
Birthplace: Sanctimonia
Deity: Tyr

Biography: (Apologies in advance for the mediocre biography)

Samuel Fisher was born in Sanctimonia. He served as the squire of one of the king's army knights at the age of eight. He started to learn how to wield a sword and learn how to fight properly in melee combat. He was an above average fighter by the age of thirteen, he took great interest in learning how to properly use a sword and shield, the two being his strong suit instead of a two handed weapon. In an unfortunate turn of events, his master was killed in a skirmish between warring factions, forcing Samuel to return home to live with his parents in the heart of the capital, Imperia.

After returning home, to his surprise he found his parents had another child in his five year absence, he left home heartbroken, travelling south with a group of pilgrims who were going to one of the monestaries of Tyr to celebrate the return of their long pilgrimmage. Fascenated by the church and it's ethics, Samuel decided he would join the church as a servent of Tyr, helping the clerics with the ceremonies and performing other duties, while learning about divine magic, becoming a novice in the divine arts. He kept going with this for a little over a year, before meeting a Paladin of Tyr by the name of Pathos Aurilius. He saw Pathos as a father figure of sorts, taking a clingy liking to him in his first few months. After a year or so, Pathos took him in as his novice in the crypts of the monestary. He was eager to learn discipline, empathy as well as other virtues, though lacking the wisdom to keep self control were sometimes lacking, he tried to do his best to show his new master he was capible to be in the position he was in.

A few years later at the age of 17, the monestary was attacked by a dark wizard with dark spawns as allies, they sacked the monestary, leaving few left. Pathos had instructed Samuel to go his own way, hoping to one day meet up with him again. He'd explained to the boy that he'd take the burdain upon himself to bring the attackers to justice, making it a personal quest to go and seek them out, leaving the boy to fend for himself. In the earlier weeks, Samuel had recalled a group of travellers mentioning a town by the name of 'Surna', a place where people go who're seeking adventure, so he set out and began to travel.

On the way, he had met an alchemist by the name of Erik Fisher. Erik had been travelling to Surna as well, and agreed to take Samuel with him, teaching him about the ways of alchemy and triage on the way, keeping most of it basic. Within the week of their travels, the two had become exceptionally close, and Erik took it upon himself to be a father figure for Samuel, to try and guide him through the rest of the early years of his life. The two finally reached Surna, realizing it wasn't as great as they had hoped, they decided to stay anyways, "See what happens.." Erik had told him.

(I'll expand on this more in the biography section of the forums at a later date)
Skills: [Minor] Divine Magic, such as small wards and healing, perhaps the ability to perform exersisms or repellents on lesser demons

[Above Average] Education and Intelligence- Samuel was born into a high class family in the capital of Sanctimonia, he's been through a decent amount of schooling, though nothing past basic. However fending for himself for most of his life caused him to develop an understanding about how the world works, i.e barter, different professions and trades, and factions.

[Below Average] Wisdom- Samuel's habits and mentality prove his wisdom to lack at times, often doing dangerous or daring deeds in the case of trying to impress, or defend someone.

[Good] Combat abilities- Samuel's trained for most of his life to become a fighter, his dreams set as a paladin. His fighting is rather good compared to your average fighter, he knows how to use medium and heavy armors, swords, and shields. His two handed capibility lacks drastically however.

[Average] Overall Survivability- Samuel's overall survivability rate is average. Being as young as he is takes a big toll on his combat capibilities and magical capacities. However compared to someone his age, he can probably hold more than his own.

Inventory:
Average Longsword- Custom leather grip with a gem in the middle of the pommel. Samuel aquired this during his time as a squire in the capital of Sanctimonia. He's kept it in good condition ever since.

Samuel Fisher Longsword

A mithril shield with a flame symbol on the front. Given to him by Pathos before they parted ways, the shield is enchanted to have excess durability. It's served Pathos for many years before being handed on to Samuel

Samuel Fisher Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoBy6acUyIk2bH0hXS1YsswP85ezHxMxJYGVPWGvDRO7Ck2Fk2&t=1

A tabard with a crusader insignia. (No image avalible) Aquired from the monestary's lower levels after it was ransacked, he took it for himself to symbolize his devotion to Tyr, even without the church there to guide him.

A leather satchel containing various herbs and minerals, used for first aid and alchemy purposes.

Last edited by Black Banana Party on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:37 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vayt
Scrublet
Vayt

Samuel Fisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samuel Fisher   Samuel Fisher EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 1:37 pm

Nice read, backstory is creative and I'd like to see this accepted, I don't see any problems with the items he wields and the backstory adds up.
+SUPPORT
Back to top Go down
J. Jordan
Almost-Member
J. Jordan

Samuel Fisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samuel Fisher   Samuel Fisher EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 1:41 pm

I'll give it a +support

Been with you on a few role-plays, I know how you can act, but you know, things check out. goforit

Back to top Go down
Otter
Scrublet
Otter

Samuel Fisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samuel Fisher   Samuel Fisher EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 1:36 pm

+Support Newer member of the community, but I know him from many places.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Dedicated Poster
Markka

Samuel Fisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samuel Fisher   Samuel Fisher EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 2:51 pm

17-18 years old and a paladin with a Mithril shield. I'm not sure if that'd fly, especially with a fresh person.
Pending for now. Waiting for others' input.
Back to top Go down
Black Banana Party
Giant Scrub
Black Banana Party

Samuel Fisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samuel Fisher   Samuel Fisher EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:23 pm

Markka wrote:
17-18 years old and a paladin with a Mithril shield. I'm not sure if that'd fly, especially with a fresh person.

Welp, the shield isn't that big, and my magic abilities are very limited due to age to prevent the character from being rediculously overpowered.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Samuel Fisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samuel Fisher   Samuel Fisher EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:24 pm

Markka wrote:

He's not a full-fledged paladin. His skills in that field are minor.

That is a hell of a shield, though. But I like that it is a shield, and not a sword or a set of full platemail. That's what most people lunge for. I can accept this.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Samuel Fisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samuel Fisher   Samuel Fisher EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 4:02 pm

Black Banana Party wrote:
Welp, the shield isn't that big, and my magic abilities are very limited due to age to prevent the character from being rediculously overpowered.

Samuel Fisher Nazi

I guess you opted out of the Spelling Nazi Squad.

I mean, I agree with Munroe on that it's a shield, it's a hell of a lot more reasonable all of a sudden. My approvals.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Samuel Fisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samuel Fisher   Samuel Fisher EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 4:06 pm

Samuel Fisher Sam_Fisher_SCC

samuel fisher
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Samuel Fisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samuel Fisher   Samuel Fisher EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 4:31 pm

Zaku wrote:
Samuel Fisher Sam_Fisher_SCC

samuel fisher

A kid named Samuel gets adopted by a guy named Erik Fisher. What are the odds, right?
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

Samuel Fisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samuel Fisher   Samuel Fisher EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 6:23 pm

and what else, he's a man of conviction.
Back to top Go down
Black Banana Party
Giant Scrub
Black Banana Party

Samuel Fisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samuel Fisher   Samuel Fisher EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 5:45 am

I appreciate the positive feedback on this, as well as the constructive opinions, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

Samuel Fisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samuel Fisher   Samuel Fisher EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 7:20 am

damnit fisher we have to pull the plug
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

Samuel Fisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samuel Fisher   Samuel Fisher EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 7:22 am

I've RP'd with this char and while he seems like the total bad-ass melee fighter most people use early on, he's relatively poor in melee. Very nice to see some realism...

DOUBLE SUPPORT ++
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

Samuel Fisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samuel Fisher   Samuel Fisher EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 1:06 am

Where did my post go? I added a reply some time ago and it got eated apparently; I blame my internet connection.

Anyways, I believe everything I had said earlier on has been said. Realism, a good idea behind the character, a good player to control him, and playing IC with depth; I had brought up issue with the shield due to its material, but it does make sense due to the elite nature of knightly houses back int he day, I just wanted to get someone else's okay on the matter before I was entirely supportive on the matter.

Needless to say, I am, as before, giving you an accept.

Last edited by Dominator046 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Me failing Grammar like a sir.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Samuel Fisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samuel Fisher   Samuel Fisher Empty

Back to top Go down

Samuel Fisher
Page 1 of 1