Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Selena Adahn-Wildercress

Go down 
+14
thorogoodd
J. Jordan
Black Banana Party
Pat
Dominator046
PhoenixRhapsody
LawnJesus
Xeloras
Kain
Markka
Rutabega
Blitz
Munroe
noodle
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pat
Administrator
Pat

Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 10:05 am

Krug wrote:
Well shit, why not?

I reserve the right to pending if someone jumps out of nowhere and points out a glaring flaw.
. I might have one. Why does she proclaim to worship Selas when she gives thanks to Shar while being commanded to do something that only MAYBE Sune would command?
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 9:26 am

Pat wrote:
Krug wrote:
Well shit, why not?

I reserve the right to pending if someone jumps out of nowhere and points out a glaring flaw.
. I might have one. Why does she proclaim to worship Selas when she gives thanks to Shar while being commanded to do something that only MAYBE Sune would command?

Why would only MAYBE Sune command someone to go to Surna? Surna has a rather extensive history of dark forces lurking about, and Selas is a purification goddess. I did get rid of the part where it mentions Shar however.
Back to top Go down
Black Banana Party
Giant Scrub
Black Banana Party

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 6:03 am

I've had IC interactions with you on this character, and I thought that they were pretty enjoyable. The character has some originality in it which I enjoy. I'd support this
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 4:54 pm

I haven't really seen you RP on this character, so I can't judge it based on that. But you wanted my feedback, so I will go by the character page.

I'll be blunt. Initially, I wasn't impressed. I'm pretty sure you know why. That's irrelevant now, though, since you've changed her up a bit.

The bio could be longer. You don't describe how she learned her lightning magic, and there's hardly anything there about her, besides her vision from Selas. I think you put too much emphasis on the skill list. It's longer, more detailed, and flashier than the bio. We don't need a description of how she handles a group of opponents, or her fighting style. Really, you could've just listed the spells / magic she knows. Speaking of which, her magic is ranked a 2/3, which is kind of misleading because the way you describe her knowledge of it, I don't think she'd be ranked that high. Same story with Melee weapons. 3/3 implies she's a master, not someone who's had "no formal training".

To clear up any confusion about the ball of moonlight: it wouldn't act like silver. In this thread, it states that the metal Selenium is what comprises the moon and produces moonlight, not silver, although werewolves are weak to that too. Selas' main focus is removing lycanthropes, and that would translate into the Divine Magic she grants her followers. It simply doesn't make sense that moonlight and silver act the same - there are many creatures in the lore that are weak to silver yet go out at night (sometimes only at night). If we're assuming moonlight and silver are equivalent, that would be a huge contradiction.

Anyways, there's my lengthy feedback. The core concept seems okay, but I think it needs polish.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 2:40 am

Here is my two cents: Doesn't seem like much is wrong other than what was pointed out by Mun. Fix those and I might throw my acceptance in there.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 7:06 am

Munroe wrote:
I haven't really seen you RP on this character, so I can't judge it based on that. But you wanted my feedback, so I will go by the character page.
You should be on more often then. ;)

Munroe wrote:
The bio could be longer. You don't describe how she learned her lightning magic, and there's hardly anything there about her, besides her vision from Selas. I think you put too much emphasis on the skill list. It's longer, more detailed, and flashier than the bio. We don't need a description of how she handles a group of opponents, or her fighting style. Really, you could've just listed the spells / magic she knows. Speaking of which, her magic is ranked a 2/3, which is kind of misleading because the way you describe her knowledge of it, I don't think she'd be ranked that high. Same story with Melee weapons. 3/3 implies she's a master, not someone who's had "no formal training".
I will edit the bio to make more sense about the magic, and lowered the melee from 3/3 to 2/3. I went into detail to satisfy a few issues with a player who was asking about that. It's my personal belief that bios should be fairly short, because current character development matters more to me.

Munroe wrote:
To clear up any confusion about the ball of moonlight: it wouldn't act like silver. In this thread, it states that the metal Selenium is what comprises the moon and produces moonlight, not silver, although werewolves are weak to that too. Selas' main focus is removing lycanthropes, and that would translate into the Divine Magic she grants her followers. It simply doesn't make sense that moonlight and silver act the same - there are many creatures in the lore that are weak to silver yet go out at night (sometimes only at night). If we're assuming moonlight and silver are equivalent, that would be a huge contradiction.
Fine, I will change the part where it mentions moonlight acting like silver and change it to act like Selenium. Perhaps at a later time in her character development she is blessed by Selas as one of the "White Lycans" mentioned on that page.

Munroe wrote:
Anyways, there's my lengthy feedback. The core concept seems okay, but I think it needs polish.
The polish is on it's way.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:10 pm

I lost the freaking logs, but the important part is that in a minivent today, Noodle powerplayed Selena.

In order of happening:

• Rolls between soldiers from a prone position.
  • Instantly stabbed her attacker after taking an arrow to the leg.
  • Ran up stairs after arrow wound. Did not even attempt to make her sound injured.
  • Dropped from the second floor of the warehouse that has hay in it with no added injuries to the arrow wound. "*** Selena Wildercress drops from the window and lands lightly"
  • She then proceeded to "walk" to the tavern.

On a similarly related note, Noodle dismissed me when I was telling him about the scene he was in. He told me to "Fucking shut up about that" and claimed I was "Asspulling archers" that were in fact according to the plan set by Dom.

I am disappoint.
Back to top Go down
J. Jordan
Almost-Member
J. Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:16 pm

The entire two events colliding has ruined that event, reschedule it and just continue from there. I have hope in this character.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:33 pm

J. Jordan wrote:
The entire two events colliding has ruined that event, reschedule it and just continue from there. I have hope in this character.

Even if the event was a bit b0rked, if there was or wasn't a bit of powerplay involved, I'd like to see that addressed and resolved. Peacefully and nicely, preferably.

That's what the grace period's for, really.
assessing RP and all that
Back to top Go down
Black Banana Party
Giant Scrub
Black Banana Party

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:30 pm

J. Jordan wrote:

I agree with Jordan 100% on that. I think that there's some good potential in the character. I don't think we should ruin it for Noodle over one botched event. It was late, some shit went down. Forgive and forget fellas, if it happens again then take action you see fit.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 2:32 am

the entire two events?.. there was only one event last night. did she go around stabbing slavs or something?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 2:44 am

Blitz wrote:
the entire two events?.. there was only one event last night. did she go around stabbing slavs or something?

There was the beginnings of a smaller mini-event but it was overshadowed. Call it slightly unfortunate timing.
Back to top Go down
J. Jordan
Almost-Member
J. Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 3:55 am

Yes, two events planned, both weren't exactly relayed, boopity bopity hippity hopity all that jazz.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:27 am

PhoenixRhapsody wrote:

I lost the freaking logs, but the important part is that in a minivent today, Noodle powerplayed Selena.

In order of happening:

• Ran up stairs after arrow wound. Did not even attempt to make her sound injured.
  • Dropped from the second floor of the warehouse that has hay in it with no added injuries to the arrow wound. "*** Selena Wildercress drops from the window and lands lightly"

On a similarly related note, Noodle dismissed me when I was telling him about the scene he was in. He told me to "Fucking shut up about that" and claimed I was "Asspulling archers" that were in fact according to the plan set by Dom.

I am disappoint.

Truth be told,

1) This "event" was voided.
2) I had no say in planning this event, if you're going to drag me into a planned event, at least give me a heads up.
3) You're denying my character because you have a personal issue with me. Suck it up and think straight.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 6:09 am

noodle wrote:
PhoenixRhapsody wrote:

In order of happening:

I am disappoint.

Truth be told,

2) I had no say in planning this event, if you're going to drag me into a planned event, at least give me a heads up.
3) You're denying my character because you have a personal issue with me. Suck it up and think straight.

I do not have to tell you anything, actually.

You invited yourself into the "event" by asking around about the situation IC. Even if the event was voided, your actions made evident that you cannot be trusted to play this character.

You have no right to claim the third point on your list. I was doing Dom a favor by playing some characters for him. I am thinking straight, and as part of the community I have every damn reason to question your character. You roleplayed irresponsibly and an attempt discrediting me will not change the fact that you misbehaved.

Get over your little grade school bigotry and grow up.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 6:23 am

noodle wrote:

1) So?
2) A fair point. It's polite to inform people when something bad is about to happen to their character. But that doesn't make what resulted any better.
3) Let me make this clear: There is nothing personal about character approval. Or at least, there shouldn't be. It's our job to accept or deny a character based on whether or not we feel it can be played correctly on the server.

This isn't the first time you've neglected to RP injuries properly. After the fight with "Bearic", Selena was able to shrug off her traumatic injuries and walk away. If you want to keep this character, you have to use it right. I don't think that's an unreasonable request.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 6:42 am

Munroe wrote:
noodle wrote:

1) So?
2) A fair point. It's polite to inform people when something bad is about to happen to their character. But that doesn't make what resulted any better.
3) Let me make this clear: There is nothing personal about character approval. Or at least, there shouldn't be. It's our job to accept or deny a character based on whether or not we feel it can be played correctly on the server.

This isn't the first time you've neglected to RP injuries properly. After the fight with "Bearic", Selena was able to shrug off her traumatic injuries and walk away. If you want to keep this character, you have to use it right. I don't think that's an unreasonable request.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 7:31 am

Quote :

During the fight with "Bearic", I crashed. IC I was carried to the healing house by Samuel Fisher after laying in a pool of blood for a while.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 6:36 am

If I might interject, I don't exactly have a place int he most immediate discussions going on between private parties, but I think I've noticed a couple things here that I might be able to help with, so that we can all get to judging this character properly, trusting that the character will be handled with solid roleplaying.

Noodle, you are going to get the short end of the stick, that's RP. Sometimes you have to get cracked in the face, and go down. You can't always come out of something, just get grazed, or walk away immediately from a situation; having said that, you've demonstrated in a couple situations that you are capable of this, however, you need to make sure that you understand that there is injury, there is danger, and there is the possibility of harm in RP. Very often, PKs are off the table, as they are srs biznes, as they should be, so you just have to be willing to take proper character limitations into account when being placed into a situation.

I want to use an example: My first day of actual heavy-RP on the server, there was a crystal demon attack. Aedelric was at the front, ready to fight, he was itching, ready, and fully healthy. However, another player threw a bad roll trying to skillshot one of the demons; it was so bad in fact, it needed repercussions. The repercussions of this bad roll, Aedelric Adahn, totally uninvolved, was shot in his better arm; effectively dividing his effective potential several times. I didn't fight the roll, even though (as I understand) it was a /it by a normal player just like myself. Instead, I worked through it, and you know what, I still kicked ass because i didn't give up, I got a good roll, and I kept myself within the realism of the RP. Aedelric realized he couldn't go lone wolf with only his left arm, and one broadsword. So he played support, and when he went offensive, he made it count, and played smart where he couldn't play as hard. As well, Aedelric had to sit out several fights as a result of his injury, and play it easy for several days as well.

What I'm trying to explain, and going on about, is there are examples of you running on both sides of the court; I am just trying to say that if you present yourself in a light that shows that your willing to get your characters harmed, that everything might not be a-okay at times, it not only creates good rp, but people respect you for it. I have faith in your roleplaying capabilities, and I'm sorry that the issue between you and Pho started due to my mini-event capsizing in the midzone; you were brought in uninformed, and Pho was winging it when and where things went wrong. If anything, you both should be pissed at me, not at each other. = P

Anyways, I've rambled long enough. I think the issues with this character can be resolved; with the correct amount of badassery and realism, I think we've got a solid design that fits a solid player.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 9:28 am

Aye, aye captain.
Back to top Go down
Black Banana Party
Giant Scrub
Black Banana Party

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 6:28 am

Quote :
During the fight with "Bearic", I crashed. IC I was carried to the healing house by Samuel Fisher after laying in a pool of blood for a while.

I'll vouch for this, I stopped her bleeding and whatnot in the woods, then proceeded to take her into town afterwords to get her fixed up.
Back to top Go down
J. Jordan
Almost-Member
J. Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 4:54 am

Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 Stamp-1

Seems like this has been forgotten. Bumpity bump.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 10:30 am

Come on Mun, accept it.

BUMPSSSS
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 4:43 pm

Hey, Noodle. Send me a friend request (if we aren't already friends) and a message so we can finally discuss this character and your Selas lore.

And maybe get this character out of it's infinite application.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 2:01 pm

Beam me up Patty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Selena Adahn-Wildercress
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next