Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Morigen Esmer

Go down 
+6
Dominator046
Markka
LawnJesus
Kain
Rutabega
PhoenixRhapsody
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

Morigen Esmer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 5:15 am

Updated with loot from ogre hunt on 9/20/12.

Loot included:
  • Gold cloth mage robes appraised at 1 noble
  • String of pink pearls appraised at 8 nobles
  • Fire opal pendant on fine gold chain appraised at 14 noble
  • Ceremonial dagger with embedded star ruby jewel appraised at 12.5 nobles
  • Fine, silk cloak appraised at 3.5 nobles
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 6:10 am

PhoenixRhapsody wrote:

Loot included:

Jesus that's a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 6:16 am

thorogoodd wrote:
PhoenixRhapsody wrote:

Loot included:

Jesus that's a lot of money.

I didn't make the loot, but yes, it is a bit of money. The problem is that I have to find a buyer to get the money for each item. With the markets of Surna, that could take a while.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 7:44 am

And just because something is appraised for X nobles doesn't mean that's how much it'll sell for.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 2:18 pm

coughmughercough
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 4:43 am

UPDATE: Morigen has denounced Shar. Until 9/22/12 she had been a follower by extension through familial piety and obligation. She has turned against such action.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 8:45 am

Whoa.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 8:56 am

Kain wrote:
Whoa.

The power of love.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 6:38 am

The photo now has Morigen's current appearance.

Also changed the photo so that it would kill the page width.

Success.

Lastly, I have fixed the few typos I could find, as well as the skill formatting code being wrong. Now it shows as a list like it was meant to. The page has been updated to remove shillings as I use them and added some items as purchased from the market.

Morigen mixed up 2 liters of bath oils with various ingredients. Cost 70 shillings to make. This has been reflected in her miscellaneous inventory list.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 7:13 am

PhoenixRhapsody wrote:
Morigen mixed up 2 liters of bath oils with various ingredients. Cost 70 shillings to make. This has been reflected in her miscellaneous inventory list.

PhoenixRhapsody wrote:
2 liters of bath oils

PhoenixRhapsody wrote:
bath oils

PhoenixRhapsody wrote:
bath oils salts

Morigen Esmer - Page 2 Im-not-saying-it-will-be-zombies-but-it-will-be-zombies
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 8:12 am

n. bath oil - a scented oil added to your bath water

Screw you, Kain.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 8:13 am

inb4 dem tits.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 9:47 am

Egyptians

inventors of mummies

mummies

first concept of zombies

Kain wrote:
Morigen Esmer - Page 2 Im-not-saying-it-will-be-zombies-but-it-will-be-zombies
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 10:04 am

Morigen Esmer - Page 2 -Well-played,-sir.--Well-played.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 3:57 pm

I updated her health after a particularly nasty run in with a poison. She hasa slightly weakened immune system at the moment, as well as a reduction in energy and strength. Marked as 75% relative health for those wondering. Which I doubt anyone really does.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 8:17 am

Added a theme song.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:43 am

Morigen began reading her book. It contains family history and has some important spells and rituals laid out inside. All spells and effects have been rolled for and were based off several different scales such as range, duration, effectiveness, etc.

The most important is a paralysis spell of master cognimancy level. It is so powerful in fact, that it would really only be viable for a demigod tier being to actively use. The casting distance is very long, so one could cast this spell from a distance and be effective but it has an inaccuracy problem that makes it hard to be precise. It is a systemic paralysis and lasts a whole four days. This spell relies on the shadow weave. It is a unique spell to the Esmer Daefar family as it was taught to their first Matriarch by Shar.

The next spell is a special lighting spell. It is capable of lighting a considerable area in black light. It is capable of making those with low light vision capable of seeing as if it were daylight and canceling out night-blindness. The spell can be cast onto anything or anyone and appears as a floating orb of light. The brightness is controllable by the caster from max luminosity, which can light up to a 60 foot radius, or down to none, which cuts the spell off. The light has no effect at all on creatures of the shadow. This spell is just normal weave.

The third and final spell is offensive and relies on the shadow weave. It is the summoning of a Shar cursed blade that can be wielded against a holy enemy to taint them. A single nick will cause a reaction to the Sacred Field in which the wielder slowly draws power from the victim over the course of two hours. The blade itself is not physical but ethereal and cannot be felt.

The first and third spell have not been talked about with the admins, but I am willing to change them to be lore-fitting spells by request.

Last edited by PhoenixRhapsody on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:46 am

I believe the only way to access the Shadow Weave is to be a devote of Shar, which Morigen renounced.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 2:32 pm

That is true, which means Morigen would not be able to use the first and third spells at all.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 3:18 pm

Been moving away from Evil and is now Lawful Neutral.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 5:44 am

PhoenixRhapsody wrote:
Been moving away from Evil and is now Lawful Neutral.

Tbh, I always have problems distinguishing between the two, I mean honestly; I haven't googled every last alignment (or, really, more than two anyways) and it just always seemed to me that Lawful Neutral and Lawful Evil were sort of the same thing.

Lawful Evil: You look out for yourself, and yourself alone, doing whatever needs doing without fracturing any laws.
Lawful Neutral: You look out for yourself, doing whatever you wish to do, while following the laws of the land.

The only differences I see is perhaps Lawful Neutral acting out for others, and perhaps less likely to work around laws.

Then again, I'm fail, so, what else is new? XD
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 6:32 am

Lawful Neutral and Lawful Evil are two very different alignments. Most commoners are, in fact, lawful neutral. A lawful neutral person obeys the law, and will not go out of their way to help or hurt anyone. They are not heroes, nor are they villains. They just go about their business, not bothering anyone and avoiding "those strange folk."

Lawful Evil people are driven to be bad, but will work within the law, or, if possible, create their own. These are the evil bureaucrats, exploitative tyrants, and greedy merchants.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 4:17 am

I agree with you Mun, so I am removing alignments. it let's me act as I please without any form of restrictions. I can be lawful at some times and chaotic others. Same with good and evil. I feel that the D&D alignment system should really only be applied if you are making a character to the same degree as Kain or Cakebread. They both play that kind of character and I am okay with that, but don't want to continue to restrict my characters.

Anyways, I have updated some munniez and removed the alignment. If you have a problem with that, too bad.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 5:21 pm

Added the first days winnings for the carnival.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 10:03 am

PhoenixRhapsody wrote:
IAnyways, I have updated some munniez and removed the alignment. If you have a problem with that, too bad.

Dun make fun of me being stupid, we aren't all blessed with multiple braincells; the one I have has to work overtime Pho. = P

In any case, I only use DnD Alignments as a rough gauge that my character stands by; if peoples has problems with it, then boo-hoo, I get the 1/2 XP nerf for acting outside of my alignment. I share Pho's sentiment, I don't like being pinned to one alignment, though I do find they can be helpful in describing a majority of a character's actions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morigen Esmer   Morigen Esmer - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Morigen Esmer
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aeria Roleplay :: Character Compendium-
Jump to: