Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quillghalad Vhaltun

Go down 
+2
Cakebread
thyme
6 posters
AuthorMessage
thyme
Scrublet
thyme

Quillghalad Vhaltun Empty
PostSubject: Quillghalad Vhaltun   Quillghalad Vhaltun EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:41 am

QUILL VHALTUN

Quillghalad Vhaltun Work.3527419.3.flat,550x550,075,f.eye-of-the-gharial

Soundtrack:

" Everything has a price. "

Full Name: Quillghalad Vhaltun (pronounced Koo-ill-gah-lahd Vahl-toon)
Nicknames: Quill / Ghalad / Vhal
Race: Khesun Aranek
Birthplace: Sarkun Forest

Physique & Appearance
Quillghalad stands at a diminutive 5’6’’, petite for her race, yet her supple body ripples with muscle and she is light-boned and fast on her feet. Slender and long-legged with dexterous fingers and a long, firm-set snout, Quill’s skin is covered in small, sleek dark blue scales that can camouflage with the environs upon command. Her large, reptilian emerald eyes have slitted pupils ringed with silver and regard her surroundings alertly at all times. A row of small, sharp white teeth catches the light when she opens her maw, and even more formidable are the razor-sharp, metallic silver talons tipping her long fingers and toes. Silver spikes run down her neck and the long reptilian tail she uses for balance. Clusters of vicious silver barbs sprout also from her elbows, eyebrow ridges and down the side of her thighs – inconvenient for clothing but not impeding her agile movement.

STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES

Mental

~ Like most of her race, Quillghalad is quick-witted and cunning, but not necessarily especially wise, and prone to disregard important intuitive clues in favor of rational thinking that may in fact be an inaccurate estimation of the situation.

~ Still young for an Aranek, Quill is inexperienced with the wide world and has spent a life largely secluded from other races and cultures. She is narrow-minded and hostile towards the unfamiliar, but what ultimately drives her out of her isolation is a keen sense of curiosity that keeps her interested in even the most puzzling of societies she comes across.

~ An independent spirit, Quill is while highly socially intelligent lacking in cooperative skills and hates being told what to do when it contradicts her own reasoning. Often her reluctance to agree with a new concept that she is still uncomfortable with can cause unneeded conflict and irrational action on her part.

Physical

~ Quillghalad is nearsighted; thus, her long-distance aim is atrocious and she has trouble discerning things far away from her, such as small-printed letters or a bird in the sky. On the other hand, her close-range vision is sharper than average, and the visual impairment has taught her to pay meticulous attention to her surroundings, making her more alert and observant than some without that disadvantage.

~ A racial advantage, Quill can at will camouflage into her environs, making her scales blend into her surroundings. However, this is only possible while stationary, and weapons, jewelry or clothing will all remain visible, and her reptilian eyes will stand out unless she closes her lids.*

~ Quill is agile and fleet-footed with moderate endurance and enormous willpower, but lacks strength. In battle she relies on camouflage, nimble dodging and the protection of her thick scales, but fights are still long and tiresome for her, as her strategy ultimately relies on distracting and wearing out a physically superior enemy.

*I have a question about the race – are they, like many reptiles, lidless? This was not mentioned in the original post about the race, so I’m assuming they aren’t, but please correct me if I’m wrong!

SKILLS

Arcane [skilled]
Quill is a skilled alchemist. Intimately familiar with many arcane potions and wild herblore, she always has a handy stock of sedatives, select poisons and healing potions at hand while traveling, most of which she coats her weapons with.

Long-Range [inept]
Quill is hopeless with long-range weapons. Her nearsightedness makes aiming from a distance very difficult, and she lacks the physical brawn to propel heavy spears or lances far enough to make it a convenient battle skill.

Close-Range [highly skilled]
Quillghalad is exceptionally skilled with daggers and in general very comfortable with short-range stabbing weapons. Her two weapons of choice are a longsword and dagger; with her nearsightedness and nimble movements she can easily make well-placed hits while avoiding the worst of blunt damage, at the cost of needing to be close to the target to fight effectively.

Unarmed [poor]
Due to her lack of pure brawn, Quill is a poor fighter when unarmed. While she can do without impeding armor due to her naturally thick scaly skin, she is unfamiliar with empty-handed fighting moves, and must rely on speed and dodging ability to stay clear of an enemy’s blows. Her best chance were she ambushed without her weapons would be to somehow distract the opponent and then camouflage as best as possible until the threat has passed.

Religious Beliefs
Quillghalad has grown up believing in the three original deities her species has venerated ever since the dawn of their first tribal communities: the Sun, T'lexac, god of War, Strength, and the Creator; the Moon, Lai, goddess of Prosperity, Celebration, and mistress of Magic; and the Jungle, Mim'ra, goddess of Life and Death, Fertility and the Hunt. She feels most personally connected to Mim'ra, and even in face of vastly different religious beliefs even among others of her brethren in the New World, Quill refuses to change her theological beliefs, staunchly remaining genuinely convinced that her race emerged from the Goddess' loins, fathered by the Sun. Nature is sacred to her and a forest is her most comfortable and beloved home, but she seeks a taste of intellectual discovery and sophisticated civilization not found in the savage Sarkun.

HISTORY

Quillghalad has spent all her life growing up among the Khesun Aranek of Sarkun Forest under the rule of a restored Impo'si kingdom. Her parents were both Khesun, but only her father Lokgen, a respected poet and hunter-tracker, raised her; Quill's mother Vian left the family for the New World when Quill was only just past infanthood, and she barely has any memories of her. Quill was inquisitive and hungry for knowledge from an early age, and Lokgen fostered this adventurous spirit even as he feared he would lose her to it as he had lost his mate.

Quill matured into a skilled ambush hunter and promising alchemist among her local tribe, but the limited local access to magic and worldly knowledge frustrated her. Still, she had always lived under the overprotective wing of her doting father, and feared that leaving him would be akin to her mother's abandonment. For decades of her young adult life she lived restlessly in the forest, which, while a beloved home, did not suffice as an intellectual or explorational challenge, always caring for her affectionate father. During this time she began to truly understand her mother's yearning and became curious what this woman had been like, hoping against hope that someday she might return. Even as she felt as though she were wasting her life away, her herblore increased and her hunting and tracking skills grew razor-sharp, but she lacked an application – much like even the most skilled actor would suffer without an appreciative audience.

One day her tribe was visited by New World Aranek passing through. While originally welcomed cheerfully, the travelers were soon coldly snubbed by the community for their untraditional values and openly heretical beliefs, actually scoffing at the deeply respected gods Quillghalad grew up worshipping. Still, even as her father spurned them as drunken with ambition and ego, Quill was infatuated with their tales of strange, advanced lands, especially stories about a sect that was rumored to build perfect animated humanoids for a foreign government by controlling the Forces of Life and Death. This blatant abuse of magical power shocked her and she was uncharacteristically kind to the strangers, swapping company and food for knowledge about the New World and the organization she came to despise the more she heard of – the Vitamantia, mere fables, she was assured, but certainly they had existed once long ago.

Not the extraordinarily patient type, Quill finally breached the subject to her father, who at once realized whom she had been talking to. Although he warned her about abandoning her cultural values and forgetting the rich heritage of her race, so often wronged by foreign forces, he recognized her passion for the unexplored and together they began discussing deeper ethical issues, such as the different belief systems the foreign Aranek, who had long left the tribe by now, had spoken so convincingly of. In these conversations, Lokgen realized how much of his long lost mate was in their child, and how unhappy Quill was in Sarkun.

On her fiftieth birthday, Lokgen finally faced this painful truth and told Quillghalad he wanted her to lead the most fulfilling life possible, and if that meant leaving him and the forest, it was his duty as a father to urge her on that path. Stunned with her father's change of heart, eager to exploit this new opportunity and fearful of harming others in a selfish pursuit of knowledge as Vian had, Quillghalad spent a year preparing for a journey into the New World and making sure her father spent the rest of his days well cared for. He personally instructed her in hand-to-hand combat with another sentient humanoid, as opposed to hunting game, and she improved rapidly. Finally, at 51 years old, Quill bade farewell to the tribe she had known all her life and embarked on a journey to explore the New World, find an intellectual challenge to set her mind upon – and find her mother, though she would never admit wanting the last.

-

NOTE: I’m new here and I did not find a preset character template, so I simply based mine off several Approved characters, let me know if I left out anything important!

-

Last edited by thyme on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:50 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Upgraded from WIP to 1st Draft)
Back to top Go down
thyme
Scrublet
thyme

PostSubject: Re: Quillghalad Vhaltun   Quillghalad Vhaltun EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:36 pm

UPDATE: Added catchy soundtrack! :D
Back to top Go down
Cakebread
Vengaboy
Cakebread

PostSubject: Re: Quillghalad Vhaltun   Quillghalad Vhaltun EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 4:50 pm

Sorry about how late this post is, as mentioned things have been down in a slump though Its really tluining nice to see new people.

I think this has been one of the most detailed out char apps ever from a new blood.
Nice description at the top,
The stats look kosher and balanced, its great that you provided explanation for everything.

I'm not scruff and buff on Aranek lore but that seems good,
Approve

Add me on steam TheAsianShoeMaker (both of them to be sure) and just send me a message if you would like to rp, I'll be happy to rp again on olden.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

PostSubject: Re: Quillghalad Vhaltun   Quillghalad Vhaltun EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:10 pm

Another character with lots of effort from its owner. Look forward to seeing you on the server to see your roleplay and behavior. Pending while I read over this.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Quillghalad Vhaltun   Quillghalad Vhaltun EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 6:20 am

So a tribeswoman grows curious about the outside world and chooses to leave her simple existence behind. Not much originality there, besides the fact she's a lizard.

The format is good, taking ideas from accepted characters apps will never steer you wrong. She also isn't entirely combat-oriented, as shown by her list of mental and physical attributes, so that's a plus. I can accept this.

One caveat: Be careful not to overextend yourself on the potions (i.e.: ass-pull them). Surna's forests are devoid of many alchemical ingredients (a consequence of being virtually destroyed 200 years ago) so you won't be able to make a lot of the potions in the guide unless your character travels around a lot. Just make sure you're looking at the difficulty numbers in the potionary. Anything with an ingredients number higher than 2 probably wouldn't be readily available.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Quillghalad Vhaltun   Quillghalad Vhaltun EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 6:09 am

I think this has been in approval long enough.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Quillghalad Vhaltun   Quillghalad Vhaltun EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 9:34 am

I wonder if people are even aware that this person thought Aeria was a forum RP, and likely won't get GMod to RP.

Not saying it's impossible, just improbable.

Last edited by thorogoodd on Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Quillghalad Vhaltun   Quillghalad Vhaltun EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:00 am

thorogoodd wrote:
I wonder if people are even aware that this person though Aeria was a forum RP, and likely won't get GMod to RP.

Lol? I certainly wasn't aware of this.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Quillghalad Vhaltun   Quillghalad Vhaltun EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:03 am

Krug wrote:
thorogoodd wrote:
I wonder if people are even aware that this person though Aeria was a forum RP, and likely won't get GMod to RP.

Lol? I certainly wasn't aware of this.

https://aeriaroleplay.rpg-board.net/t461-aeria-roleplay
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Quillghalad Vhaltun   Quillghalad Vhaltun EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:04 am

Well, the character is accepted if he or she still wants to RP it, however unlikely that may be.
Back to top Go down
thyme
Scrublet
thyme

PostSubject: Re: Quillghalad Vhaltun   Quillghalad Vhaltun EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:56 am

thorogoodd wrote:
I wonder if people are even aware that this person thought Aeria was a forum RP, and likely won't get GMod to RP.

LOL, that is true >x< Unfortunately I don't own GMod, and I don't really know how to get it or use it or whether it will be compatible with my computer, but I did enjoy making this application and I was very happy to receive valuable feedback. Right now I'm getting pretty deeply involved in other forum RP sites including Iwaku (which is super awesome in case anyone's looking for a great site) and Mizahar, so I don't know if I have time for something completely new, but I'll keep coming by and checking out the lore here, which I love, I might RP in GMod with Quill in future after all! Just not now, unfortunately… I apologize for making a char and then not RPing with her now, but again, I may later! And thank you everyone for the great constructive criticism, I'm definitely keeping this char around in case I'll RP here later :D
Back to top Go down
Cakebread
Vengaboy
Cakebread

PostSubject: Re: Quillghalad Vhaltun   Quillghalad Vhaltun EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 7:30 am

Well Garry's mod is 10$ on steam and its not really resource intensive, its just a mod of Half life 2 which was made in 2004,

The store page of Half life 2 said these were the minimum specs.
1.7 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX® 8.1 level Graphics Card (Requires support for SSE), Windows® 7 (32/64-bit)/Vista/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

The recommended specs being
Pentium 4 processor (3.0GHz, or better), 1GB RAM, DirectX® 9 level Graphics Card, Windows® 7 (32/64-bit)/Vista/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

I would gift you a copy of gmod were it not for me not having my own PayPal or all my money in yen as of now.
Eitherway good job on the char app, I hope you do come around on the server eventually, tis the most fun I've had in a long while.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

PostSubject: Re: Quillghalad Vhaltun   Quillghalad Vhaltun EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:46 pm

you need a source-engine game to even use it, though. If you dont have one, there are some cheap and easy solutions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quillghalad Vhaltun   Quillghalad Vhaltun Empty

Back to top Go down

Quillghalad Vhaltun
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aeria Roleplay :: Character Compendium-
Jump to: