Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

activity.

Go down 
+5
Munroe
Markka
Hyperiant
Judge Gambit
Blitz
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

activity. Empty
PostSubject: activity.   activity. EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 3:29 am

What can we do to make sure it doesn't go down? Now I know it's only been one week but really, last weekend we had 20/20 people. Granted it was also spring break for many, but this weekend I don't think we even broke 10.

My suggestions,

1, Get some quick little interesting events going. I know we have long term ones like the Cartel and the crystal anomaly, but to keep the server populace interested you should have regular teeny events. Could possibly give people with an in-depth knowledge of the lore and what's going on in Surna and the world currently an "event" flag.

2, Process character applications quicker. I know this depends mostly on the player's will to change something or adjust their character if it doesn't fit, but there are some applications which are really fine and no one is accepting them. I know I'm the biggest hypocrite as I just glance through most character pages and then don't even post my opinion, but I'm going to work on that. This is especially disheartening for the new people, we had loads of new players less than a week ago, about 6-7. Most of them still have their character pages in the application phase.

3, Invite friends who may be interested in this sort of roleplay. I try to often.

4, When you get on the server and it's just two people, stay on and invite people! Don't get unserious and start hopping around, just invite people and get the roleplay started.

5, Trader characters! I'm going to apply for one soon enough. I know we have kind of have a few illegitimate blacksmiths that shit swords and suits, but I'm planning to change that! I'll be putting my lore writing skills to use and be popping out a bunch of little items that can be used in my trader stall. I've already devised a system of things you can obviously buy without auths and things you need auths for.

So, try to help me out here. I know it may seem like I'm over reacting, but this is how it always starts, doesn't it? Everyone gets inactive one weekend and it all spirals down until someone stops paying for the server. We need to nip this inactivity in the bud before it develops into a regular occurrence.
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 6:32 am

I have a trader, but motivation = zero
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/1232513055
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 10:54 am

today we had around 8 people but not a lot to do really.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant
Vengaboy
Hyperiant

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:02 pm

well I haven't been on because my computer's out of commission

but I'll be back soon

we need active trader characters
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 5:25 pm

I was active for a million years, nothing.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant
Vengaboy
Hyperiant

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:13 pm

gambit you never rp with me

who do you even play

i can't remember the last time i saw you on server
Back to top Go down
Markka
Dedicated Poster
Markka

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 2:15 am

It'd help trading and everything if we had a clue how much cash we've got in-server. It's either that, or I haven't managed to find the button to show the amount of dosh.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 2:30 am

Yeah I haven't found the section what shows your money, but in admin commands you can set people's money, so it must be there... somewhere... :V
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 9:45 am

Hyperiant wrote:
gambit you never rp with me

who do you even play

i can't remember the last time i saw you on server

Carnegie bitch

I haven't been on the server because hardly anyone traded outside of event necessity. Which was only Munroe.

But now it's funny people cry for trader characters.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:52 am

Can't have trader characters if you don't have a working monetary system.

Nobody is going to trade anything when money isn't a thing in Tiramisu. And then we need to establish how much a shilling is actually worth relative to what traders will be selling, because at the moment, nothing indications what the prices should be at.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 12:11 pm

Our script needs two things: money and automatic wages.

Before you say anything about it being like DarkRP, stop and think. If we coded it so it only pays once a day when they join, it would be both realistic and easy to keep track of. It rewards people for activity and loyalty, since the people with the most IC money would be people who play every day for a long period.

It's not totally realistic, but I think it would be the easiest thing to do. If we wanted full realism, we could have people RP out their jobs and sell things to other characters, but I highly doubt anyone is interested in doing that, seeing as no one currently does that. The biggest drawback is that some people would just join to get their money and leave immediately afterwards. If people want to do that, whatever.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 3:25 pm

I think what Munroe has written out is a pretty good start. Apply wages to characters that have registered jobs, guardsman, clerks, barkeeps, etc. People need motive to take up these roles and once people take up these jobs Surna will actually feel like a town and not a bar with a few vacant houses scattered around it.
Back to top Go down
Psyche
Keeper of the Thunderboner, Protector of the Hatefuck Chalice
Psyche

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 4:11 pm

As long as we're giving suggestions, here's something I said in another community.

Psyche wrote:
One huge problem with Tiramisu is that it encourages people brand-new to the server to create and try on a bunch of wacky outfits with props and player models.

This may not sounds like a bad thing, but it ends up encouraging new players to make poorly thought-out characters and pull magic weapons and armour out of their ass, with no thought of applying for it on the forums.

It gives new players unrealistic expectations, it's detrimental to the roleplay, and something I've seen first-hard. It's not technically a flaw in the gamemode's script, but it's very frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 10:46 pm

I love Fnox, he's a great friend (though I haven't talked to him in ages) and Tiramisu it in itself is a good script but for some reason I feel that it doesn't really work with Aeria. If you really needed these outfits you could've left the server with PAC (which requires TT, which means new players and or minges wouldn't be able to get a hold of it without an admin's approval). Other then that the only features Tiramisu has added seem to only distract from RP, I don't know - I'm not very active and admittedly I'm not serious 50% the time, so I guess my points aren't exactly valid.

I leave this as an extension of Psyche's point, which was made just before me.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 1:43 pm

Well I kind of figured we're all mature enough and know each other here to trust each other in terms of what money we have and how much we make. I track how much money I make weekly on my main character for example.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 1:57 pm

Blitz wrote:
Well I kind of figured we're all mature enough and know each other here to trust each other in terms of what money we have and how much we make. I track how much money I make weekly on my main character for example.

That's what we're doing at the moment, and all it does is create arguments and rage against anyone who isn't dirt poor, because of "asspulling money". Granted, some of these claims are legitimate, but they seem to be making people afraid of buying anything or showing how much money they have. Furthermore, I don't know about the rest of the community, but I've got enough on my plate without having to keep track of all of my characters' finances. A script to do it for us would be so much easier and save us a lot of pain and hardship.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 2:04 pm

You speak truth sir.
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 5:28 pm

I keep up Carnegie's finances.

I'm looking at an upwards of 6,000 shillings.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 4:07 am

Another problem I see is admins just coming on and sitting in observe instead of roleplaying. You'd think they're going to do an event or something but instead they just watch you forever.

I mean, we have small events here and there, but then there's no progression beyond that. People just leave because they go AFK and stare at corners. I myself sit in the server for a good hour or two trying to get people on. And when they do they just come in bar and refuse to RP, just hop around and go "[[ durr hurr lol"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 5:28 am

Quote :
Another problem I see is admins just coming on and sitting in observe instead of roleplaying. You'd think they're going to do an event or something but instead they just watch you forever.

I've only seen this happen with one. You know who you are <3.
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 6:44 am

Yeah I saw this all the time.

Bitches don't know what ESP is
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 8:47 am

and now we've reached the point where no one is on ever.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 1:09 pm

seriously I tried to get on people several times today. All I could get was that "faith zoey" retard who made a demigod character.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant
Vengaboy
Hyperiant

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:52 pm

Who's still on right now? I have to install a bunch of games in order for Olden to render properly, but other than that I can probably get on.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant
Vengaboy
Hyperiant

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 1:02 pm

okay yeah this is really becoming a problem

my character almost got raped by owain

someone would have been able to hear her screaming if ANYONE WAS ON-SERVER AT THE TIME

but nope it was just me and owain

had to stop the RP because there's no way I was gonna RP that

you guys really need to get on more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

activity. Empty
PostSubject: Re: activity.   activity. Empty

Back to top Go down

activity.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next