Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dusk

Go down 
+9
Christoph
Jackxter
Judge Gambit
Psyche
thorogoodd
Noris
Hyperiant
Munroe
Gazza
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jackxter
Giant Scrub
Jackxter

Dusk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 5:20 am

A few wild characters would be good, but as people have said, it would get very boring for them. Most roleplay occurs in town, and unless you call upon people to come out to the woods ooc (which they won't usually because people tend to avoid metagaming), create some sort of event based around the character, or happen to be the only other roleplayer on (in which case meta usually happens anyway), you may not get any form of interaction.

If there were an active group of people role-playing wild characters that could remedy the problem, but unfortunately we simply do not have the community population. If you're willing to roleplay by yourself, go ahead and do it, or if you're the type of person who likes to entertain others, go ahead and make a few events based around the character. Honestly, since this character isn't overpowered at all the only people who will whine are the trolls.

Quote :
I think he simply doesn't want to be categorized. I think he has a very clear view of what he wants his character to be, and sadly it is not being accepted in its current iteration. I have already volunteered my help to remedy what I can.

It doesn't hurt to throw out alternatives.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Dusk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 5:46 am

Gazza wrote:
Wait, so a lot of people are against letting other normal/smart animals be approved, but we let a smart bird be approved? What's the difference anyway? It may create RP, it may not. It's worth a try, if you ask me, but if nobody wants it then fine. I can easily delete this, or it can easily be denied.

Since you didn't read any of my posts I'm going to repeat them for you.

Munroe wrote:
Okay, now it seems to be stretching the bounds of plausibility. This wolf seems to demonstrate vast intelligence for one of its kind, seeing as it holds a grudge for years against the hunters that killed its family. Wolves are smart, but I'm not sure if they're that smart. Again, if this is some kind of magical wolf, it would be justifiable, but there's no indication of that.

Munroe wrote:
What can you possibly RP with a wolf? No character development, no dialogue, no storyline. It's a wolf. At best, you'll get a few good barks in every now and then. You're going to be bored, and no one is going to RP with you because you're going to be out in the woods, away from everyone else, being a wolf.

Now if this were some kind of magical talking wolf... I don't know. I don't really like talking animal characters, but they technically don't break any rules or lore.

Gazza wrote:
Secondly, I don't get bored easily, so I would actually find it fun to just naturally RP in the forest. I sit on empty servers for hours on end waiting or people to join, so I have patience. But if this character WERE to be made a pet, (which I kind of doubt cos if it was to, it'd be better as a dog) I would know not to RP mauling peoples faces off, or injuring anyone, or similar.

Fair enough, but you're only thinking about yourself here. Maybe you can sit in the forest for hours on end doing nothing. That's a complete waste of your time, but it's your time and you can do what you want with it. But what if it's just you and one or two other people available for RP? Now everyone is bored, unless the other people walk out into the woods, and by pure chance, stumble across your wolf. You can see how it creates difficulties.

Jackxter wrote:
If he were to have some sort of keeper or someone in a position of authority to announce he's not a threat I think it'll be alright to have him in town. Besides, we let demons, driders, and known lycans (not just talking about Taric who's been pacified from what I know) into town, why not a semi-sentient wolf if its leashed? My guard character could use a pet :3.

No we don't? The lycans are being hunted for bounty money, any Demons that are spotted are (or should be) killed (do NOT get Demons confused with tieflings!), and when Shelob entered the town she almost got killed. That's not to say a semi-sentient wolf wouldn't be allowed, provided it wasn't violent.

So, to sum up everything I said above, if this were some sort of special wolf that's enchanted to be more intelligent than his brethren (kind of like Black, the talking bird that was accepted), then it would be fine by me, provided he is able to enter the town and participate in RP.

Hell, I used to have a sentient wolf character. I'm not diametrically opposed to the idea.
Back to top Go down
Gazza
Scrublet
Gazza

Dusk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 5:54 am

Munroe wrote:
So, to sum up everything I said above, if this were some sort of special wolf that's enchanted to be more intelligent than his brethren (kind of like Black, the talking bird that was accepted), then it would be fine by me, provided he is able to enter the town and participate in RP.

Well, I would add at least something in to make it better and more RPable, but that would either a) Be something that is very unlikely or b) Make it seem like I'm very, very desperate.
Back to top Go down
Noris
Scrub
Noris

Dusk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:58 am

One thing that strikes me as odd is the point that there cannot be any major character development with a non-talking/sentient wolf/dog/whatever the hell you want to call it.

It's quite possible to develop a character without speech, and even without people. I, as well as other people I know, have found ways to develop their own RP with the static environment, and made it quite fun (e.g. eventing chasing butterflies as a child, or something along those lines). Of course, to actually DO something you would have to plan an interaction in the forest, which some characters do from time to time.

As to when there's only a small number of people, the wolf could wander close to town, possibly close enough to catch the attention of the few in server at the time. If the wolf is tameable, someone eventually will come along and try their luck at taming it. In my opinion, at least, it still brings real good opportunities.
Back to top Go down
Gazza
Scrublet
Gazza

Dusk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 7:27 am

I edited it a little bit to suit more what I was aiming for, but not much has changed. I don't plan on making it talk or any other thing, as I don't really want a talking animal. I don't see the point on it having a very special, unique kind of power. All I've done is make it intelligent and quite obedient. That's it.
Back to top Go down
Noris
Scrub
Noris

Dusk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 7:36 am

i need to change my avatar, there's too much fatman with a staff in this thread
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

Dusk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 7:41 am

Noris wrote:

t'is the best kind of fat man
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Dusk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:07 am

Noris wrote:

A STAFF? HOW FUCKING DARE YOU

Back to top Go down
Noris
Scrub
Noris

Dusk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:14 am

What is it then? :( don't kill me pls
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Dusk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:24 am

Back to top Go down
Cakebread
Vengaboy
Cakebread

Dusk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 am

Jackxter wrote:
I think diversity could help the roleplay be a little more interesting. I accept as long as you promise to roleplay the character logically and don't expect him to just be able to prance around town without some sort of keeper.

I accept as well
But if i find you in the tavern taking a shit, i will butcher you and make your skull a codpiece for some noble boy to use.
Back to top Go down
Noris
Scrub
Noris

Dusk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:52 am

Not if I, JURGEN COBBALD, has anything to say about it :C
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

Dusk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:01 am

Noris wrote:

go get shot in the leg again.

meh, why not give it a shot?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Dusk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:37 am

DENY

seriously, it's a god damn wolf
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant
Vengaboy
Hyperiant

Dusk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:54 am

Eeeehhhhhh accept. As long as you don't go biting/attacking people randomly.
Back to top Go down
Noris
Scrub
Noris

Dusk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:46 am

BooM wrote:
Noris wrote:
go get shot in the leg again.

;~; why are you so mean to me about that? :(

Also I'll toss in my accept since I know how Gazza will roleplay, and that's quite responsibly.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Dusk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 6:03 am

Seems to have more accepts than denies. Should this be moved? Does Gazza even come here?
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant
Vengaboy
Hyperiant

Dusk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 5:45 pm

I'm almost certain Gazza left when his friend's app got rejected.
Back to top Go down
Gazza
Scrublet
Gazza

Dusk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 5:14 am

I am still here, but I'm currently on LOA right now. Because my steam has broken, so I can't start it up or play any games. I'll get it fixed as soon as I can, but in the mean time, I can't do anything. When I do get it fixed, I'll join back in as much as I can whenever I can.
Back to top Go down
Noris
Scrub
Noris

Dusk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 5:58 am

yeah, his steam got borked. And I'm his friend :V
Back to top Go down
Markka
Dedicated Poster
Markka

Dusk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:20 am

It seems that this puppy has about enough approvals, but I get the feeling that there's still animosity about the legibility.

Unless more feedback is given, I'll move this to approved.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Dusk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 6:23 am

Why not? Put it through, I say.

Wolf's hardly going to venture into town without being cut down.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Dusk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 8:19 am

It irks me that this is some sort of unique wolf that's as smart as a human. "But it's fantasy," you say. True, but it contradicts even the fantasy logic. There's no magic involved here, so you can't use that blanket excuse.

Anyways, those are my two cents. If the community still wants to accept it, fair enough.
Back to top Go down
Reager
Almost-Member
Reager

Dusk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 9:54 am

I'm with Munroe on this, so . .
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

Dusk - Page 2 Empty