Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dusk

Go down 
+9
Christoph
Jackxter
Judge Gambit
Psyche
thorogoodd
Noris
Hyperiant
Munroe
Gazza
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gazza
Scrublet
Gazza

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Dusk   Dusk EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:00 am

Dusk Pencil-wolf-drawing

Basic Information
Quote :
Name: Dusk
Race: Timber Wolf (Canis lupus lycaon)
Personality: Dusk is like most Wolfs, but is unusual in his own way. Unlike others, he hunts alone. Not in packs. He also hunts under the dark cover of night, blending into the shadows as if he were the shadow himself, rendering himself almost invisible. He is quick and agile, hunting his prey quickly and profesionally. Though he is also smart, intelligent. Not as smart s most, but he can understand actions and situations better.

Skills

Quote :
Agility - Dusk is very agile and fast, common among most of his kind.
Weapons - The only weapons Dusk boasts are his impressive set of sharp, threatening fangs.
Stength - Though not the strongest, Dusk has an impressive amount of strength, helping him to succeed in his hunts.
Sneak - Dusk uses his advantage of blending with the shadows to sneak around, unseen and unheard.
Allignment - Neutral: Good

History
Quote :
Dusk has a very short history. He was born along with two sisters, making him the only male. His father had been killed while he was hunting by a bear, leaving the mother alone to bring them up. He wandered off one day to come across an older, friendly wolf. This wolf was alone, with no pack to go to, so took the choice of joining their small pack, leading them onwards. He taught the cubs how to hunt throughout the years, bringing them up as his own in a way. The mother stood by their sides, supporting them where they needed it.

When they were old enough, the siblings went out hunting themselves. Sadly, the outcome wasn't good. Both his sisters were killed by savage hunters as they ran into the open. Dusk stuck to the side, watching as they were slaughtered. His mother moved onto another newly found pack, letting him go into the open world alone. For years, Dusk had crept through forests, blending with the darkness of the shadows. He had coincidently stumbled upon the hunters one night, not aiming to hurt or kill them. The hunters did not aim to kill him either, but they were wary of him as he had followed them for almost two weeks. One night, Dusk had crept closer which made the Hunters even more nervous of him, trying to keep their distance. He began to understand this, noticing they were either scared of him or wanted him out of their way. They began trying to encourage it to go away, which to Dusks own surprise, he obeyed without hesitation and left them alone, wandering the nights alone again.

Dusk travelled the region, staying safe under the night skies under which he moved. He eventually came upon a town, monitoring it for months. He decided it was safer than the open, so made home by the outskirts of it. There, he hunts his prey and watches as all different experiences begin to appear around him. He quickly adapted to the area and his surroundings, the conversations of people can be heard from the distance over the walls and behind the gates, seeming more familiar to him. Especially with the odd traveller shooing him away if he wanders close to the road. Surprisinlgy again, he obeys them without trouble. He continues to prowl around alone at night, watching in the dark shadows.

Last edited by Gazza on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:21 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:37 am

Before you put in too much work on this, I'm just going to tell you right off the bat that this is probably not going to get accepted.

What can you possibly RP with a wolf? No character development, no dialogue, no storyline. It's a wolf. At best, you'll get a few good barks in every now and then. You're going to be bored, and no one is going to RP with you because you're going to be out in the woods, away from everyone else, being a wolf.

Now if this were some kind of magical talking wolf... I don't know. I don't really like talking animal characters, but they technically don't break any rules or lore.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:39 am

why can i only think of zaki and that puma oh god the images

THE IMAGES
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:43 am

Okay, now it seems to be stretching the bounds of plausibility. This wolf seems to demonstrate vast intelligence for one of its kind, seeing as it holds a grudge for years against the hunters that killed its family. Wolves are smart, but I'm not sure if they're that smart. Again, if this is some kind of magical wolf, it would be justifiable, but there's no indication of that.

Mack wrote:

THE IMAGES

Zaki was a Kitsune, a sentient cat-thing that inexplicably got accepted as valid lore. Not a plain old wolf.

God damn was I frustrated in those days.

Last edited by Munroe on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gazza
Scrublet
Gazza

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:43 am

Well, I have thought about it, and I also thought of ways I COULD RP as a wolf. I don't see What's wrong with it, though. At least it's possible to actually RP with it. Who knows, I could maybe put an interesting twist in it?

Anyway, I tried. That's all I wanted to do, so I done it.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant
Vengaboy
Hyperiant

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:52 am

Munroe wrote:
Zaki was a Kitsune, a sentient cat-thing that inexplicably got accepted as valid lore. Not a plain old wolf.
Didn't Takato shoot that thing dead in the bar back in the day?
Back to top Go down
Noris
Scrub
Noris

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:05 am

Pets :3

While it may not be the most sound idea, I know Gazza personally and know that he could make this work out to be fun.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:10 am

deny because I RP'd an animal once and it sucked and did little for RP
Back to top Go down
Psyche
Keeper of the Thunderboner, Protector of the Hatefuck Chalice
Psyche

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:47 am

There's no reason this would be let in to town, and I speak from experience when I say characters totally dependent on forest-rp can get awfully boring.

You're better off making a more standard character.
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:30 pm

Munroe wrote:
Okay, now it seems to be stretching the bounds of plausibility. This wolf seems to demonstrate vast intelligence for one of its kind, seeing as it holds a grudge for years against the hunters that killed its family. Wolves are smart, but I'm not sure if they're that smart. Again, if this is some kind of magical wolf, it would be justifiable, but there's no indication of that.

Mack wrote:

THE IMAGES

God damn was I frustrated in those days.

We tend not to bring that up...
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/1232513055
Anonymous

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:49 pm

Quote :
We tend not to bring that up...

Yeah...
Back to top Go down
Gazza
Scrublet
Gazza

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:15 am

Wait, so a lot of people are against letting other normal/smart animals be approved, but we let a smart bird be approved? What's the difference anyway? It may create RP, it may not. It's worth a try, if you ask me, but if nobody wants it then fine. I can easily delete this, or it can easily be denied.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:30 am

I never approved the bird. So you're clearly not talking about me.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter
Giant Scrub
Jackxter

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:37 am

I think diversity could help the roleplay be a little more interesting. I accept as long as you promise to roleplay the character logically and don't expect him to just be able to prance around town without some sort of keeper.

Last edited by Jackxter on Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:43 am

Jackxter wrote:
I think diversity could help the roleplay be a little more interesting. I accept as long as you promise to roleplay the character logically and don't expect him to just be able to prance around town without some sort of keeper.

Ditto.

Can't be blamed if you get bored just staying in the forest though. <3
Back to top Go down
Christoph
Almost-Member
Christoph

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:45 am

Gazza wrote:
Wait, so a lot of people are against letting other normal/smart animals be approved, but we let a smart bird be approved? What's the difference anyway? It may create RP, it may not. It's worth a try, if you ask me, but if nobody wants it then fine. I can easily delete this, or it can easily be denied.
I knew my character would be brought up. I think the main reason why my character was accepted is because there was some plausible lore explaining it, and he couldn't maul people's faces off. Did I mention he can't open doors?
Back to top Go down
Jackxter
Giant Scrub
Jackxter

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:45 am

If he were to have some sort of keeper or someone in a position of authority to announce he's not a threat I think it'll be alright to have him in town. Besides, we let demons, driders, and known lycans (not just talking about Taric who's been pacified from what I know) into town, why not a semi-sentient wolf if its leashed? My guard character could use a pet :3.
Back to top Go down
Christoph
Almost-Member
Christoph

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:49 am

Jackxter wrote:
If he were to have some sort of keeper I think it'll be alright to have him in town. Besides, we let demons, driders, and known lycans (not just talking about Taric who's been pacified from what I know) into town, why not a semi-sentient wolf if its leashed? My guard character could use a pet :3.
*coughs* But regardless. Here is my proposal to you, mister... I can't remember you name. If you'd like to really go through with this character, add me on steam(Ratchet283 is username), and I'll discuss in further depth what will make the community accept a character of the nature.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter
Giant Scrub
Jackxter

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:56 am

Christoph wrote:
Jackxter wrote:
If he were to have some sort of keeper I think it'll be alright to have him in town. Besides, we let demons, driders, and known lycans (not just talking about Taric who's been pacified from what I know) into town, why not a semi-sentient wolf if its leashed? My guard character could use a pet :3.
*coughs* But regardless. Here is my proposal to you, mister... I can't remember you name. If you'd like to really go through with this character, add me on steam(Ratchet283 is username), and I'll discuss in further depth what will make the community accept a character of the nature.

Not just talking about your crow character, either :P.
Back to top Go down
Christoph
Almost-Member
Christoph

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:03 am

Jackxter wrote:
Christoph wrote:
Jackxter wrote:

Not just talking about your crow character, either :P.
I was referring to the original author of the thread.
Back to top Go down
Gazza
Scrublet
Gazza

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:11 am

Christoph wrote:
Gazza wrote:
I knew my character would be brought up. I think the main reason why my character was accepted is because there was some plausible lore explaining it, and he couldn't maul people's faces off. Did I mention he can't open doors?
Okay, sorry for bringing your character into this firstly.

Secondly, I don't get bored easily, so I would actually find it fun to just naturally RP in the forest. I sit on empty servers for hours on end waiting or people to join, so I have patience. But if this character WERE to be made a pet, (which I kind of doubt cos if it was to, it'd be better as a dog) I would know not to RP mauling peoples faces off, or injuring anyone, or similar.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter
Giant Scrub
Jackxter

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:32 am

What I have in mind is more like the Watch's version of a police dog. If you accept you'll probably able to maul somebody as long as he doesn't have rabies.
Back to top Go down
Gazza
Scrublet
Gazza

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:49 am

Jackxter wrote:
What I have in mind is more like the Watch's version of a police dog. If you accept you'll probably able to maul somebody as long as he doesn't have rabies.

I wouldn't really intend on actually mauling anyone. And I don't think it would be possible for it to be a Watch dog. As that would be a dog, but this is a Wolf.
Back to top Go down
Christoph
Almost-Member
Christoph

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:53 am

Gazza wrote:
Jackxter wrote:

I wouldn't really intend on actually mauling anyone. And I don't think it would be possible for it to be a Watch dog. As that would be a dog, but this is a Wolf.
I think he simply doesn't want to be categorized. I think he has a very clear view of what he wants his character to be, and sadly it is not being accepted in its current iteration. I have already volunteered my help to remedy what I can.
Back to top Go down
Gazza
Scrublet
Gazza

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:59 am

Also, I don't know what others think, but wouldn't it actually be better to have SOME wild characters? It would save having to /it or event things in the wild, and then actual RP could happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk   Dusk Empty

Back to top Go down

Dusk
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aeria Roleplay :: Character Compendium-
Jump to: