Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who the fuck is this goddamn reject?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

Who the fuck is this goddamn reject? Empty
PostSubject: Who the fuck is this goddamn reject?   Who the fuck is this goddamn reject? EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 10:16 am

While downloading some stuff for this Company of Heroes mod I was coerced into playing, and here I came finally to this section of forums. It's a long overdue visit I suppose, I've seen a lot in the past few minutes I've been looking over peoples messages to the community, and I wanted to have something to contribute.

I'm a deep thinker, I think often and deeply so, and I'd like to consider myself good at writing. I enjoy a good thrilling story that combines good elements with a captivating narrative. I love lore, archaeology, history, culture, places, other things, and being an encyclopedia for entirely useless information. I know the smithing processes of medieval times and earlier, as well as other artisan skills and functions, and similarly so the fundamental ideas on how things work. I am spiritual, though largely skeptical of media portrayals of such material; I am hopeful, but prone to nihlistic despair.

I try to write this with a fair draw on introducing myself, but a cord has been struck that draws me to write this in particular fashion. This roleplay will not last forever, we will move on, we will continue, we will live on, then we will die. That is the way of things, that is the way it will always be.

I began this journey late, much later than all of you I would reason. I began Garry's Mod in June of 2012. I began on a very small roleplay of the Tiramisu script by the name of Specter's Sci-Fi Roleplay. It was a cherished experience; I met some rowdy people whom encouraged my roleplaying and helped ensure that I would have the know how necessary to function in the whole of Gmod. I still have many friends branching from the group founded therein, and though it hadn't been my first roleplay experience, it was a vastly enjoyable one.

That roleplay died in late July when the owner's fucks ran out and decided to jump headlong into a new WoW run. Not enjoying that game, or grinding schemes much at all, I looked about for new roleplays that I coudl sink my teeth into. I looked around at Tiramisu 2 based script RPs, and that's when I found Aeria.

Dead.

TheAsianShoeMaker was on Specter's, and I was directed to him when I brought it up (often with negative claims spoken about it). Asian had only good things to say, and it was a fair and pleasant imagery when he began to funnel me unto the forums with the assistance of a new associate named Krug. I was fed information and built my first character biography, faced now with the appearance of an empty server.

Not much obliging that, I spent days on Aeria alone, inviting Asian, if no one else, idling on the server. I don't know what twist of fate made it so, but, eventually, one day Asian's invitations were heeded, one became three, then four, then five, then ten. The server had a population, and the roleplaying began. In a mix of tavern boasting and crystaline abominations, my fate was sealed on Aeria.

Since, I've beheld new kids and old kids in a desperate dance for survival, twisting and turning as pages and tempers whirled about as the story progressed. Things changed, people left, people joined, people left. I kept my head held high, keep trying through the thick and the thin, and through it all I've had a great time.

Now we stare into the brink of what looks to be another long phase of inactivity, and perhaps that shall be something I will learn from. I'm something of a respected person on the server. Pat proved his sheer amount of bravery (or stupidity) in giving me a moderative position on this community. I bounce my opinions off of him, as he likes someone whom can respond well with his-and-Ruta's perspectives (also, he tells me I'm pretty).

So, there's my introduction, and how things are now. How they will be... I can't tell. Things will change, things will move on; how long Aeria will be here for us, and with all of us, is largely up to us. I enjoy my time here, and look forward to experiencing more. Even as life, work, college, significant others, and others will draw me more away from Aeria than ever now, this is still something I want to be a part of.

As I have said, we will grow, we will change, we will move on, we will live, and we will die. This is a certainty; we will not be here forever. Let us make that time as long and as pleasant as possible.

\m/
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: Who the fuck is this goddamn reject?   Who the fuck is this goddamn reject? EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 11:29 am

Who's this fag?
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Who the fuck is this goddamn reject?   Who the fuck is this goddamn reject? EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 2:12 pm

I'll have you know I pushed for your moderator status as much as I could, only because you wouldn't take Admin, y'bastard.

Time and Olden are both circular with cycles of death, rebirth and repetition. It becomes a living, breathing part of those that let it and there are those to whom Olden will never die. I can confirm this from a message I received just a few hours ago.

That said I'd really like to be able to do more to help out beyond paying for the server but I find myself working at any time when people are on the server most.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Who the fuck is this goddamn reject?   Who the fuck is this goddamn reject? EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 7:30 pm

Rutabega wrote:
I'll have you know I pushed for your moderator status as much as I could, only because you wouldn't take Admin, y'bastard.

Time and Olden are both circular with cycles of death, rebirth and repetition. It becomes a living, breathing part of those that let it and there are those to whom Olden will never die. I can confirm this from a message I received just a few hours ago.

That said I'd really like to be able to do more to help out beyond paying for the server but I find myself working at any time when people are on the server most.

Doh; make sure my heavy sarcasm doesn't take its toll. I do like being a moderator, even if there is an occasional drawback (can't be as rough with some of the kiddies and or baddies without it bein' considered badmin-boos. I can do that sometimes), and I definitely appreciate it.

I also believe you to be quite the pleasant and magnanimous sir... Ruta. Noodle, you are also a good person to have on any server; when you're serious and not abusing the fuck out of the script-functions I give you. XP

I would like to think that this experience will never die; even with the rules of the universe at large still in play, that may perhaps deify it more than a therapist would consider comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who the fuck is this goddamn reject?   Who the fuck is this goddamn reject? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who the fuck is this goddamn reject?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Boards :: Introductions-
Jump to: