Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oosa Mythvroth

Go down 
+4
BooM
noodle
Venom OPS
cave_dweller
8 posters
AuthorMessage
cave_dweller
Scrub
cave_dweller

Oosa Mythvroth Empty
PostSubject: Oosa Mythvroth   Oosa Mythvroth EmptySun May 12, 2013 2:24 pm

Oosa Mythvroth
Oosa Mythvroth VP2hrBw

Quote :
Height: 7'
Weight: 1760 lbs unarmored; 2000 armored
Build: Slender form due to height and streamlined armor
Race: Fereg, Grievdor variant
Skin Color: Sage
Recognizable Features: Worm-based structure, streamlined armor, height, bellowing voice
Eyes: Lime, no pupils
Formed: Sultanate of Seljuk
Languages: Common, Dvergar, Sidan
Alignment: Neutral Good with Good Chaotic tendencies
Occupation:Former diplomat and convoy guard for his Hajo colony; now a tinkerer
Preferred Attire: Armor
Preferred Weapon: Generally no preference

Biography:
Quote :

Summary
Formed in the Sidan Desert from Nyu that had a exploratory tendency, he would be used for diplomatic purposes by his colony. His Nyu would prove to be too adventurous for standard use, and thus his creation into a Grievdor was for necessity and for his sake. Coming from Nyu that fed on Lead-based metals and Navium due to the deeper depths that they mined, he has developed a resistance to the toxins and harmful effects these metals give off.
Interacting with traders, towns, and travelers, he gained an interest in machinery, and the technology that exists outside of his primitive convoy. After inquiries with his Hajo colony, he learned of Fereg history with the Dverfar, and desired to find more information on their technology and culture. The Hajo colony, finding his request to be acceptable and beneficial to them, allowed him freedom to go out and pursue his goals.
With the colony's permission, Oosa travelled to the Karaks, where he interacted with other Fereg colonies and learned further about the Dverfar Conflict, and through continued travel, learned of the other races and cultures of Aeria. His travels would lead him to talented enchanters and mages, who in exchange for rare metals, would provide him their knowledge and lessons. However, one skilled individual he could not find willing to share their knowledge, would be a machinist, which he has currently set out to find and learn from.

Traits:
Quote :
Tip of The Spear:
The Nyu that make up Oosa were used at the tip of a Hajo mining tendril, making them susceptible to the poisons and hazards of Aeria's depths. Opposed to most Nyu that would turn back, Oosa continued to dig and feed, eating some of the most hazardous metals gradually. After a long enough period of time, they had become fully immune to the effects of these metals, and took on the skin color of them as well.

Lead-based poison resistance: High
Navium resistance : High

Backyard Tinkerer:
Receiving no formal training in the usage of machinery, Oosa would toy around with his own creations and ideas to some varied success. The time put into tinkering combined with his natural curiosity, allowed him to create some clever creations, but he still lacks the training to perfect his craft.

Machine-work:Low-Medium

The Enchanter's Apprentice
After receiving some of the best training from enchanters all the way from Sida to Sanctimonia, Oosa is a talented and clever enchanter, using methods most individuals would deem unusual or absurd.

Enchanting Skills:High

Mage's Pet:
Receiving superb training from mages from Sida to Sanctimonia, Oosa learned the fundamentals magic. However, his unusually powerful magical field and abnormal form of weaving would lead him to practice on his own until he mastered his deadly and unusual form of magic

Magical Usage: High

Quote :
Inventory:
+= His Cobalt Grievdor armor
+= A satchel of different contraptions
+= A wooden backpack with different draws for tools and parts
+= A bag of assorted metal ores
+= A enchanted golden device that allows him to speak more coherently than standard Fereg
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

Oosa Mythvroth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oosa Mythvroth   Oosa Mythvroth EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:09 pm

Character was run over with me, and fits the criteria for a fair Fereg character.

Due to a slight bias, I won't be giving approval or denial until others comment.

Also, the brevity of the biography is acceptable, as just like Pat said, "10:08 PM - Pat: He's a Fereg, what other stuff would he be doing before other than chomping on some rocks?"
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/VenomOps
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

Oosa Mythvroth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oosa Mythvroth   Oosa Mythvroth EmptyMon May 13, 2013 1:24 am

I'd just like to point one thing out...
Cobalt isn't a very practical metal to make armour from, so don't expect it to do much to protect you.

But this still warrants an Accept
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

Oosa Mythvroth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oosa Mythvroth   Oosa Mythvroth EmptyMon May 13, 2013 3:16 am

Those eyes.. Looks good on paper, but I'd like to see RP since I don't believe I have seen you RP before.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

Oosa Mythvroth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oosa Mythvroth   Oosa Mythvroth EmptyMon May 13, 2013 4:07 am

noodle wrote:
I'd just like to point one thing out...
Cobalt isn't a very practical metal to make armour from, so don't expect it to do much to protect you.

But this still warrants an Accept

I think Cobalt has been renamed, and is something slightly different in terms of creation; though, I think it still functions the same. I think it was made into Noxious Mithril, so that might be something simple that needs changed, in no way a deal breaker.

Similarly, I like the character idea; though, I would like to see some roleplay as well, before yielding my full approval.
Back to top Go down
Skelasoldier
Scrublet
Skelasoldier

Oosa Mythvroth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oosa Mythvroth   Oosa Mythvroth EmptyMon May 13, 2013 5:51 am

A Greivdor-Magi, interesting concept that I don't see any qualms with.
Maybe now Rataka will have a buddy to passive Rp with.

Gonna be an Accept from me.
Back to top Go down
bd863
Giant Scrub
bd863

Oosa Mythvroth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oosa Mythvroth   Oosa Mythvroth EmptyMon May 13, 2013 10:09 am

I would like to see some rp first so pending but I am leaning on a yes
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

Oosa Mythvroth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oosa Mythvroth   Oosa Mythvroth EmptyTue May 14, 2013 6:10 am

Not to be Captain Obvious, but it seems it's a matter of roleplay skills over actual character design. It should go with noting, that cave_dweller has never played a gmod rp, and infact first rp'd with me on Dominion. So, when he does hop on server, i'll try to be around to help. If i'm not there, just show him the ropes, he'll catch on fast.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

Oosa Mythvroth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oosa Mythvroth   Oosa Mythvroth EmptyTue May 14, 2013 6:34 am

I only ask for RP status because I do not really know what to look for in this race you created outside of what lore you have posted for us. I strongly urge everyone to step up and help this new RPer and his efforts in joining Garry's Mod.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

Oosa Mythvroth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oosa Mythvroth   Oosa Mythvroth EmptyTue May 14, 2013 7:20 am

I know Skela has been doing a superb job roleplaying his Fereg, and this character comes with some things to aid in a more, normal, existence. Like the speaking apparatus and such. Still, I understand the reasoning, and i'll try to get him on and roleplay today with him.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

Oosa Mythvroth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oosa Mythvroth   Oosa Mythvroth EmptyTue May 14, 2013 9:16 am

There are reasons we used to encourage more 'normal' characters, closer to home types, for newer players.

However, given some time to see this RP'd I can give an actual opinion on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oosa Mythvroth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oosa Mythvroth   Oosa Mythvroth Empty

Back to top Go down

Oosa Mythvroth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aeria Roleplay :: Character Compendium :: Approval-
Jump to: