Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Regarding new characters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anti-Skeletons
Scrublet
Anti-Skeletons

Regarding new characters Empty
PostSubject: Regarding new characters   Regarding new characters EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:57 am

I noticed something when looking at other character pages for a reference to make mine, and that was just about every character revolves around combat. Why is that? I've only read a few lore pages (not any of the incredibly long ones,) and probably missed something, but I notice now the recent IC events section that I saw suggested that the community has weekly adventures like a DnD group.

Did I fuck up with my character? Is this why it was looked at for only a day? Should I drop it and make one who can fight?
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy
Scrub
Fuzzy Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Regarding new characters   Regarding new characters EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 11:53 am

Passive characters are more than welcome, but it's just preferred by the majority to have someone who's able to defend themselves or able to actively participate in fisticuffs. There are many passive characters, or at least, a good handful of them, and truthfully I hold anyone who's able to properly RP as a non-combat character in high regard due to them creating their own RP and sustaining it without the need for action.

As for your character application, bump it if it hasn't yet been accepted. There's no shame in being a little impatient if your page isn't being looked at - especially if it's your only character so far.
Back to top Go down
Spadge
Vengaboy
Spadge

PostSubject: Re: Regarding new characters   Regarding new characters EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 12:18 pm

I think some people aspire to be the resident badass when they make a character, and that influences other people too. The idea that some bigger stronger guy could conceivably wipe the floor with their passive character threatens a lot of people. In response people include combat abilities and training for their passive characters to make themselves feel better.

That's probably one of the reasons so much RP is in some part combat orientated. Almost every character is given some ability to defend themselves, so it's the path of least resistance to aim it that way. That being said, not all of the RP on-server is about combat. Some parts of the current 'story' are wholly passive. But it's hard to notice when there's murderous intrigue and pitched battles.

And that's my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding new characters   Regarding new characters Empty

Back to top Go down

Regarding new characters
Page 1 of 1