Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Already Done

Go down 
+5
wizered153
Dominator046
Pat
Judge Gambit
noodle
9 posters
AuthorMessage
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

Already Done Empty
PostSubject: Already Done   Already Done EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 4:01 pm

Born of the beasts from the pits of hell, Tieflings span the world. Persecuted, shunned, and in places revered.

The Tale of Zulfikar the Great wrote:
"Tis but an hour til midday, when a woman collapses in the streets of a city lost to time. Unbeknownst to her, history is ready to be birthed. Being rejected by the woman's womb, a child cries coated in blood, once cleansed the baby is found to be not of humankind. For this child has small wings, a tail, and small rounded nubs on his head where horns will later penetrate. This child is the first of a race, a tiefling.

For you see, this city was known to be a beacon for hell-spawn, demons. This permitted those demons to take control of the child in the womb and transmute it into a creature with eyes black as night and skin tan as leather.

Years passed and under the careful watch of his mother, this tiefling grew and grew, he became much greater in size than any man, nearly seven foot. With his massive wings, he was capable of flight. Dubbed Zulfikar by his mother, he is the purest example of a tiefling known to Aeria."

Physciality

Whilst some physical characteristics of tieflings are based more on their genetics, many traits are unavoidable.
  • Tan Skin
    The skin of a tiefling ranges from a light tan to a dark bronze.
  • Tail
    The tail of a tiefling ranges from 2-4 feet in length.
  • Horns
    The horns of a tiefling range from an inch to a foot in length, ranging from perfectly straight to intensely curved like those of a ram.
  • Temperate Skin
    Depending on the mood of a tiefling, the ouch of their skin with either be warm like that of standing near a hearth or as than casting molten lead onto your hand.
  • Affinity to Fire
    Being that of a demon, tieflings have an affinity for fire magic, as well as an inborn resistance to fire, taking it several minutes for a tiefling to even begin to feel warmth.
  • Demonic Aura
    Fellow tieflings and those with a sense for demonic energies will be able to sense a tiefling's presence, the aura will fill a room, and depending on the tiefling's mood, cause pain or euphoria.
  • Hellgazing
    At night a tiefling's eyes do a remarkable thing, the pupils will visibly glow bright red and allow the tiefling a near-perfect eyesight in the dark. It appears to a tiefling as if they were looking through a red lens.

Only in extremely rare cases are wings observed on a tiefling, these wings, though not very large do allow a tiefling to safely glide down from heights. For a tiefling to be born with wings in this age, they must have at least one tiefling parent who possesses them. These wings are small in stature, and only capable of flight in cases of pure tieflings.

Of Tieflings and Demons

Demons. The scourge of Aeria, devourers of the soul, and catalyst of the apocalypse. From the pits of hell these beasts are summoned by mages seeking their own power. The marriage of demonic spirit and human soul, within the womb a demon's power is absorbed by the weak soul of the fetus and mutates it into something more. A tiefling. Usually in places where demon-summoners are active, tieflings are often birthed without the parent's prior knowledge of it's mingling with demons. Tieflings may also be created through contact with a demonic aura within a week of being born.

Now, tis not only humans that can birth tieflings. So too can the elven races, the Tymafar, Álfar, Dverfar, Élefar, and Daefar. Exempt from the the group of those who can birth tieflings are those of natural holiness, those who share the blood of beasts, and those of too great magnitude. These are Fereg, Giants, Aasimar, Aranek, Naga, Goblins, Ha'dri, Dragonkin, Kazuth, and Therianthropes of all races. Those tieflings born through demonic prescience are presently birthed world-wide.

Tieflings can birth other tieflings as they are, in essence, half-demons. Over the years, if not bred with other tieflings, the demonic presence of the offspring will begin to decline exponentially. This affects only the demonic aura and the tiefling's natural resistance to fire. Not their physical appearance. After about four generations of a tiefling line procreating with humans/elves their aura becomes so diluted that it is nearly undetectable and their resistance is non-existant.

Of special note are pure tieflings, those who are possessed in the womb, and born with the demon inside of them. Coming from the third generation of a tiefling line that originated from non-tiefling parents, then worked its way down, breeding with tieflings of the same level of demonic spirit to the third generation, in which a pure tiefling may be born. They grow to be larger, faster, and more powerful versions of tieflings in all aspects. With wings that allow them flight. Their aura is a very powerful one, as the demon still lays in wait for the death of it's host. Should a pure tiefling be struck down, whatever manner of demon that was within them with arise from the corpse to feed on the souls of man and elf alike.

Tieflings and Magic

Due to the demonic power that courses through every tiefling, their bodies becoming the catalyst of channeling the most powerful element, fire. Early on in their lifetime, tieflings will most often learn to channel the souls of others and weave these spells of fire.

Being of demon-blood, tiefling's fire have an aura of unholiness about them, and as such burn not only at flesh, but also at the soul itself. Not enough to kill, but enough to render one's sacred field useless. Only divine healing can mend one's sacred field after such an event.

Tieflings possess an ability similar to those who are planetouched. They can call upon flames to coat part of their body for a brief period of time, without use of a weave. With their inborn ability to resist fire, the tieflings can do this without risk of bodily harm.Tieflings should be weary, though, of Aten's and Tyr's Holy flames, being divine magic, it transcends a tiefling's resistance to fire.

Those Who Corrupt

While it is possible for any demon to birth a tiefling, there are two known who deliberately make effort to corrupt fetuses. These demons often bind their spirit to the soul of a fetus so that the future tiefling's soul is pledged to feed their demonic spirit.

Quote :
Name: Midwife
Description: So aptly named, for this demon will often take on the form of a woman to serve as a mother's midwife. This enables the Midwife to have physical contact with the still corruptible newborn and thus enable it easier ability to bind it's spirit to their soul. I their mutated form, these demons take on purple eyes. However, in it's true form, it is nothing more than a purple wisp.
Spoiler:
Quote :
Name: Temptare
Description: The telltale signs of a Temptare are often dismissed as the fault of a woman's pregnancy, such as intense cravings, morning sickness, and mood swings. The Temptare works by creating intense cravings in a pregnant woman in the middle of the night, driving her to search for her craving, the demon then follows close behind, taking care not to be noticed, the demon will feed off of the mother, and taint the fetus. The next morning the woman will awake with morning sickness from exposure to a demonic aura and experience mood swings the following day.
Spoiler:

Last edited by noodle on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:15 pm; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

Already Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Already Done   Already Done EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 5:36 pm

I like the more demonic idea. Needs work.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/1232513055
Pat
Administrator
Pat

Already Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Already Done   Already Done EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 8:45 pm

The reason why the previous Tiefling lore page was taken down is that its creator, Krug, requested it be taken down. We complied.

As far as this goes, technically there is a void to fill, but I don't think we should vary too much from what was already established so that we don't mess with the existing Tiefling characters. That can all change, however, if, say, Boom (who has the only remaining Tiefling with Krug gone, I think) agrees with the changes.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

Already Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Already Done   Already Done EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:14 am

Pat wrote:
That can all change, however, if, say, Boom (who has the only remaining Tiefling with Krug gone, I think) agrees with the changes.

I also have a tiefling.

wizered153 wrote:
What the fuck did I just read
What happened to the lore for Tieflings, I can't find the link
I know this is still a WIP but I think it gave me diabetes in my ass.

You just read history in the making.
Krug asked for it to be removed when his ass got booted.
Sounds like somebody's mad for me denying their Skyrim shouts.

*EDIT* Added "Of Tieflings and Demons"
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

Already Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Already Done   Already Done EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 12:30 pm

I like what I'm seeing so far, but I only have one thing to point out: Doesn't this make the Tiefling race a little young? I mean, the war of the gods didn't happen too long ago (in the perspective of a race, and or the expansion of a people), and doesn't the Mage split in Sida only happen after that? And would that give Tieflings enough time / space to spread about the world/planes as they have?

Other than that, I'm interested in seeing more, and perhaps interested in making a Tiefling, if there are indeed so few ingame.

EDIT:

One last question that just hit me: Can we have Frieza form 2 horns? = 3 Also could be described as Bull horns.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Dominator046 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wizered153
Dedicated Poster
wizered153

Already Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Already Done   Already Done EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 12:34 pm

noodle wrote:

Its not that, I read my post and it sucked, but all I saw when I first read this was a story and a physical description... I like the Of Tieflings and Demons thing though, so right now I'm neutral.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

Already Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Already Done   Already Done EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 3:29 pm

wizered153 wrote:
noodle wrote:

Its not that, I read my post and it sucked, but all I saw when I first read this was a story and a physical description... I like the Of Tieflings and Demons thing though, so right now I'm neutral.

Still a heavy WIP wait for me to finish, silly goose, and please remove Jackie Chan >.>

Dominator046 wrote:
I like what I'm seeing so far, but I only have one thing to point out: Doesn't this make the Tiefling race a little young? I mean, the war of the gods didn't happen too long ago (in the perspective of a race, and or the expansion of a people), and doesn't the Mage split in Sida only happen after that? And would that give Tieflings enough time / space to spread about the world/planes as they have?

Other than that, I'm interested in seeing more, and perhaps interested in making a Tiefling, if there are indeed so few ingame.

EDIT:

One last question that just hit me: Can we have Frieza form 2 horns? = 3 Also could be described as Bull horns.
Spoiler:

If you read my Of Tieflings and Demons section, it says how Tieflings are created. So. Yeah. And all tieflings have two horns >.>
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

Already Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Already Done   Already Done EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 3:17 am

I'm for just bringing Krug's lore back.

We respected his choice, and then he goes and fucks up the banner
What reason should we abide by his word?
The lore was fine before. However, Dverfar and some other stuff has been on the backburnner. Since it would appear that Pat hasn't been working or talking about it, you might as well make a page for them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/VenomOps
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

Already Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Already Done   Already Done EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 5:14 am

it wasn't krug who did that you dingus. and honestly i don't trust tieflings being redone by noodle.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

Already Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Already Done   Already Done EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 10:56 am

Blitz wrote:
it wasn't krug who did that you dingus. and honestly i don't trust tieflings being redone by noodle.

I would have to disagree with you on the latter, even though it was in fact Jacque I believe who did the trolling, it probably goes without saying that Krug didn't approve or assist with at least the picture.

Anyways, to relevant points: I feel any member of our community should be able to suggest and derive original content without scrutiny of their own character, only the content they present. Truth be told, I rather like the initiative that some of these previously more silent members are now taking with the server being down; if anything, I feel we should encourage this and promote the creation of original material for our server. There is no harm being done by simply suggesting new content, I would say, simply hold the content, not the author, unless necessary (as in, perhaps the author may try to use it to powerplay, but in this case, I obviously don't think this is relevant).

Last edited by Dominator046 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added point.)
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

Already Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Already Done   Already Done EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 2:30 pm

Added "Tieflings and Magic"
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

Already Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Already Done   Already Done EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 5:35 pm

Venom OPS wrote:

What reason should we abide by his word?

I'm sorry, but this just made you sound like a goon

And

Because the lore belongs to him and it is the right thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

Already Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Already Done   Already Done EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 5:59 pm

Blitz wrote:

He sure didn't mind gloating about it.

As Dominator said, being linked with the creation of Maalik would make Tieflings very young as a race. Only 700 years or so. Demons and mortal races have been interacting for thousands of years prior, even before the God Wars.

Their fire ability and resistance to fire makes sense. I think I would add that any fire they conjure would be tainted, of a demonic nature, and not "normal" fire.

I think you should also expand the nature of their births. From what I read, it seems that in this lore, Tieflings are made by willing mothers or fathers who summon demons to inhabit their children. If this is so, it's worth wondering what the parents get from such a union. And what Demons would get from willingly uniting their souls with that of puny weak mortals.

Other than that, this all seems normal. I await further updates.

Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

Already Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Already Done   Already Done EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:05 am

Pat wrote:
Blitz wrote:

He sure didn't mind gloating about it.

As Dominator said, being linked with the creation of Maalik would make Tieflings very young as a race. Only 700 years or so. Demons and mortal races have been interacting for thousands of years prior, even before the God Wars.

Changed to an anonymous city, in an anonymous country, at an anonymous time.

Pat wrote:
Their fire ability and resistance to fire makes sense. I think I would add that any fire they conjure would be tainted, of a demonic nature, and not "normal" fire.

Gave their flames a touch of unholiness.

Pat wrote:
I think you should also expand the nature of their births. From what I read, it seems that in this lore, Tieflings are made by willing mothers or fathers who summon demons to inhabit their children. If this is so, it's worth wondering what the parents get from such a union. And what Demons would get from willingly uniting their souls with that of puny weak mortals.

Added how Tieflings are born, and what demons cause them. Added "Those Who Corrupt."
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

Already Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Already Done   Already Done EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:49 am

Oh I just saw this now. I'll check it out and post when I'm done.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

Already Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Already Done   Already Done EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:43 am

I am in the process of overhauling this thread and other threads containing lore on the tiefling race. It will be, more or less, a rework mostly of Krug's but also Noodles because of some information I like and support. It will be sent to Noodle and we will go from there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Already Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Already Done   Already Done Empty

Back to top Go down

Already Done
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aeria Roleplay :: The Librarium :: Suggestions-
Jump to: