Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Our next Step

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat
Administrator
Pat

Our next Step Empty
PostSubject: Our next Step   Our next Step EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 4:57 pm

So. With the update of Gmod 13, our server has been rendered mostly unusable, through a number of ways.

Of course, the most obvious would be Tiramisu. This is mostly a matter of waiting for Kama to fix the script, but do we want to search for a temporary script? (Assuming any of them work)

Another problem is that, apparently, all servers now start, by default, with a command activated that kicks players after they have too many lua errors. I, personally, was kicked within a minute of joining. Though that might be my own shit computer, I think it's a good idea to disable that. Of course, now that I decide to make a post I can't find the command that was used to disable it. I'll look around and come back when I find it.

Other than that, it might be worth noting that GMod 13 resets what games you have loaded. You might have to reenable HL2:EP2 In order to see textures and such.

Though there are probably many other problems (I've heard that the Q Menu doesn't work at all in some cases), I think the first step would be solving the lua-kick function in order to examine what other things need to be fixed, and move from there, while looking around for a usable script for the time being. Once I find the command to disable the lua-kick thing I'll be visiting the server again later tonight, to see what I can find out.

Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

Our next Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our next Step   Our next Step EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 9:32 pm

Rutabega: I say temp script
Pat is now Away.
Rutabega: get someone that has it
Rutabega: er
Rutabega: get someone that has a script
Rutabega: or has the location of one
Rutabega: get spadge to upload it
Pat is now Online.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

Our next Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our next Step   Our next Step EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 6:46 pm

So, I managed to get the lua kick disabled. From what I can see, the Q menu and everything else works fine. Only the script is broken.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our next Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our next Step   Our next Step Empty

Back to top Go down

Our next Step
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Administration Board :: General Discussion-
Jump to: