Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Issue I'm having

Go down 
+2
Munroe
Rutabega
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

Issue I'm having Empty
PostSubject: Issue I'm having   Issue I'm having EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:13 pm

SomeReallyCoolGuyIKnow wrote:
Deputy Parsnips: also
Deputy Parsnips: everyone
Deputy Parsnips: like literally everyone
Deputy Parsnips: is constantly mistaking
Deputy Parsnips: event coordinators
Deputy Parsnips: for admins
Deputy Parsnips: it annoys me, event coordinators should only have the ability to use /events
Deputy Parsnips: and nothing else
Deputy Parsnips: if you have admin abilities on the server
Deputy Parsnips: you should be a mod
Deputy Parsnips: or an admin
Deputy Parsnips: and your status on forums should reflect that
Deputy Parsnips: in the past week alone I've seen like
Deputy Parsnips: four instances
Deputy Parsnips: of people mistaken ECs for admins
Deputy Parsnips: and in one or two cases
Deputy Parsnips: complaining to me that there's been 'admin abuse', not in that they've been abusing their admin commands onserver but abusing their position, despite the fact that they don't even have a position to abuse

^ This
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Issue I'm having Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issue I'm having   Issue I'm having EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 6:54 pm

ECs are given the ability to kick and observe, both of which are vital to running events. Unfortunately, they like to use these powers outside of events and don't actually do their job of making and, well, coordinating events.

I'm not even sure who is an EC right now and who isn't. Is there a list somewhere? We should make one. And then talk to them all about what they're supposed to be doing.
Back to top Go down
Overseer
Scrub
Overseer

Issue I'm having Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issue I'm having   Issue I'm having EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:41 pm

I think Venom was given EC; but I'm not sure by who or why.

I was actually thinking we should come together and decide on a few new mods now, but life called. Anyway, now that I'm back, this is a good issue to start with. Drop the kicking power, leave observe, and convert some EC's to mods (or get brand new ones?). Whaddya think?
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

Issue I'm having Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issue I'm having   Issue I'm having EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:56 pm

Well, Venom would like to be a mod. Asked me about it today.

But yeah, some spring cleaning would be in order. Let's get new ECs or make the old ones more aware of what they're supposed to be doing. When we hold the festival in two weeks, I don't want to be stuck all weekend on festival games duty.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

Issue I'm having Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issue I'm having   Issue I'm having EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:20 pm

Venom has it, Phoenix has it, Boom has it, I think Pear has it, Asian does...I think that's it. Also Pat you'll be on festival games duty because you don't have any chars to use said festival. Not get back in your clown outfit.

As for mods Asian is obvious, maybe Venom, maybe Pear. Also I'd like for mods to only have kick and normal ban powers, noclip, goto/bring and reserve other shit for admins.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

Issue I'm having Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issue I'm having   Issue I'm having EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:54 pm

i think that's already the extent of their powers...
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

Issue I'm having Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issue I'm having   Issue I'm having EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 4:10 pm

No, that's the current extent of EC powers, which is way too much if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

Issue I'm having Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issue I'm having   Issue I'm having EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 2:02 am

Kicking a dead horse, but ec's can observe, no clip, /event, and kick. That's it. And for tira, only difference between mod and admin is extended ban. Only super admin can perma I think.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/VenomOps
Sponsored content

Issue I'm having Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issue I'm having   Issue I'm having Empty

Back to top Go down

Issue I'm having
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Administration Board :: General Discussion-
Jump to: