Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman.

Go down 
+4
Pat
Munroe
Black Banana Party
Dominator046
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman. Empty
PostSubject: Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman.   Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman. EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 6:55 am

Corporal Simon Troph

“I’ve got a mite of things that I dislike. Spiders is one, begging wastrels that attempt to steal my trousers be another! Though, what tweaks my brow and pokes my patience more than anything is a man's foulness rottin' up the good in the city. I ain't much a man of learnin', but I'll right learn such folk the feelin' of a boot up the arse..”

A Glimpse of Simon Troph
Spoiler:

The Sound of Simon Troph
Spoiler:

Character Biography

Name: Simon Troph
Race: Human
D&D Alignment: Appears: Lawful Good – Actually is: Chaotic Good
Nationality: Sanctimonian, Occitan Decent on Father’s side
Birthplace/Hometown: Kheltus - A Large Trading Village, none-too-far from Surna.
Nickname: Clown
Primary Occupation: Corporal of the Surnan Watch.
Watch Rank: N/A
Languages: From Most-Skilled to Least: Common, Occitanian, and Elvish.
Philosophy: Simon has a strong faith in both Tyr, and the Occitanian Saints.

Rough Attributes:
Spoiler:

Physique and Demeanor:

Simon Troph is a spry young man with a lively step and idle smile upon his face. Simon Troph is a tall man standing at roughly 6’4 in his guard attire and boots, with solid, charming features. Within his cleanly shaved, chiseled, facial features are two blue eyes and big smile (most of the times at least), which alludes to neck length, moderately unkempt, platinum blonde hair atop his head. Simon shows signs of conditioning and training suitable for a guard, while he’s physically fit, this does not mean he’ll probably not win the Crook and Horns Bi-Weekly Arm Wrestling championships; he probably would not even make the semi-finals in such an affair. However, upon his form sit two shoulder noticeable enough to be considered broad, and his height can prove useful over foes untrained who start a ruckus. Simon Troph is a dynamic fellow, often working in the moment to help protect, serve, and enjoy life within Surna; one moment he’s complimenting a shop keeper, the next he’s flirting with his assistant, and next he’s threatening the burglar holding them up. Simon Troph retains a somewhat untanned complexion, due to the presence of his garb and trusty tricorn always being in place, creating a fairly even skin tone over his form. Simon’s form is relatively uninterrupted by scars, save for a burn scar on his left forearm, and a knife mark on his cheek. Simon Troph is sometimes unwieldy, awkward, and clumsy in his idle motions; however, when things get serious and his passions are in place, his motor skills are raised to an acceptable level.

Skillset:

Education and Intelligence – Overview [Poor]: Simon Troph was born in a simple village along the trade roads of Sanctimonia. Though opportunities for education were present for a younger Troph, he was not interested, nor adept at their practice. He was an energetic boy, who enjoyed playing, hearing stories, and bright vibrant colors; though his passion for bright vibrant colors may have been replaced with the enjoying the occasional drink while off duty, most of young Troph is evident in his present self in this regard.

Cunning and Wisdom – Overview [Average]: Simon Troph might not be a well educated man, or too keen on the ways of schooling, however, he is able to understand practical goings on and work with them while understanding a situation and possible consequences. He is able to reflect upon his actions and perhaps the more perplexing questions of life with some regard; while not being a master philosopher, nor mathematician, Simon Troph offers his own suit of cunning that works well with his creeds and beliefs: He will not abide evil, he will put himself on the line to extinguish it, and help any and all whom he can.

Physical Survivability/Combat Ability – Overview [Adept]: Simon Troph’s absolute last resort is his weapons, he would much rather talk someone out of evil, than having to resort to violence. Having said this, Simon Troph is not afraid to defend the innocent, and risk his own well being, by entering the fray. Simon has been trained, and since he was little, idolized the peace keepers of his large village home. His simple play evolved into a desire to actually learn something: Fighting. Simon has picked up technique and training along his way to becoming a member of the Surnan Watch; he is by no means a master warrior, but he is a full-hearted, spry young man, who will use all his training and stamina to fight evil wherever it may be. He has been trained to use long-spear polearm, and the Norman longsword; of course not in tandem, but within their respected, advantageous situations. As well, Simon Troph has been trained in the use of the matchlock firearm, but has little practice with it, he instead would rather fall upon his heavy crossbow, which he has more training and experience.

Arcane/Mystical Abilities – Overview [Inept]: Even more so than schooling, magic is something that Simon has difficulties wrapping his head around in many circumstances. He does not understand it, he has problems detecting when it is in use, and he always misses the point and or fails to notice the effect of spells. He distrusts magery, but does not despise its users.

Survival Ability – Overview [Average]: Simon Troph grew up in a rural community, while he does not know exactly how to hunt, he does knows this land, and how to survive in his local wilds. He knows the types of berries and fruits native to this area, he knows how to follow simple tracks and trails, and he knows how to avoid bees’ nests and other hazards.

Biography:

Born in a large village about a third-a-day’s walk from Surna, Simon Troph was raised in a small, loving house to an Occitanian Father and a Sanctimonian Mother; from the two of them, he drank deep from stories and culture that respected honesty and right. More so, these lessons were driven in deep when he watched the brave guardsmen of his village, his father being one of the best, defend the people from all manner of evil beings of both men and beast. Learning from his mother of The Pact and becoming enamored with the justice that Tyr provided, but also the ideals and acts of the great saints, he found himself yearning to emulate this in his own life; while not being pious, intelligent, nor noble enough to enter into a knightly school, he strove ever onwards to achieve his goal.
As a young man, he took up the mantle, helping to defend his village in the ways his father had done, and now began to oversee. He was trained to use both the polearm, and found the longspear was his preference; he also took well to the standard norman longsword, able to use it well in one hand, with the other hand free or using a shield.
He spent some time in his village, helping his people, doing what needed to be done; however, after the passing of both his parents due to disease passing through, both in the same year, he felt a cold lingering in the village in what he was born; he knew that something was missing, and that with the current count of guardsmen, and the dreg duties he was being assigned due to seniority, he was merely serving as a third wheel to the service.
He decided that he would leave the village that served as his home. Those whom were his friends wished him well, and they knew he reciprocated their emotions, so much so that formal goodbyes were not necessary; one evening, in the dark of night, he packed all of his things, and ventured to nearby Surna; he knew this town and he knew that his services there would most likely be both necessary and helpful.

Short Biography:
Spoiler:

Inventory:

Quality: Poor - Common - Reliable - Potent - Awesome - Epic

Simple Inventory

Spoiler:

Advanced Inventory:

Trusty Tricorn: – A fine black hat made of leather that once belonged to Simon’s father. It was left to his only son upon his death with his best wishes; Simon cherishes this hat, and believes it to be a potent good luck charm. When wearing this hat, he’s had less injury than he has while wearing a helmet; as well, despite his rigorous efforts sometimes required, that hat never falls off

The Long Arm: – A large spear made of a solid spear by the smith who fashioned the weapons for the guardsmen of Simon’s village. He had served almost eight years from an initiate through his leaving the village; as such, he was entitled to keep the weapons forged for him as a result of his dutiful service. The spear is a simple thing, made out of strong steels and simple design. It has a large bladed head, with a simple perpendicular guard towards the top, before going down to a black/deep grey pole. Just as well, there is a partition along the pole, little more than a recess, that can lock in a torch, keeping Simon's hands free, save the spear.

Spoiler:

Simon’s Slayer: – This trusty longsword was crafted and given to Simon for the same reason as the polearm; it is a solid, steady blade made of good metals and fashioned strong enough to withstand combat with occasional maintenance. Its grip is wrapped in tanned leathers, to make sure it stays in Simon’s hands.

Spoiler:

Corporal's Carapace: – Purchased with funds parceled from the bonus received from his promotion, Simon Troph acquired this buckler to help him serve valiantly to uphold his rank. This buckler is fixed to his left gauntlet, and has a handhold on the edge for his gauntleted hand to grasp as he fights. It is sized appropriately so that he might use it with his sword, or his halberd, without any disfunction.

Spoiler:

Leather-Over-Mail Surcoat – Fashioned for the heavy service required by the Surnan Watch, Simon placed a significant amount of his funds into fashioning this supplemented guard's uniform. Taking the mail provided by the watch, he added a leather over-coating to it, to hide the armor underneath, and add more protection to it. With his promotion to Corporal, he replaced the simple studs on his limbs with spiked ones, and refurbished it as is necessary with armor.

Simon’s Light Crossbow – Simon’s village had a need for what good solid crossbows it had, so Simon was not often equipped with the solid, heavy crossbow that he had trained diligently with. While still able to engage targets at a range, its range is limited, especially if it fires a heavier bolt, it lacks the power of a full longbow, it’s slower than a longbow, and requires some maintenance after use. As well, it follows the classic rule of thumb: Crossbows are less effective in the rain.

Spoiler:

Simon’s Knapsack and Supplies -  Equiped enough to forage what for what he needs should employment not immediately come in Surna; he travels light with a knapsack that contains what possessions he’s brought with him.

Recent Activity - Achievments

Spoiler:

Simon’s Diary

Spoiler:

Apprehensions and Accolades:

Spoiler:

Formal Watch Application:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Dominator046 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:20 pm; edited 13 times in total (Reason for editing : Updating Diary and Hometown)
Back to top Go down
Black Banana Party
Giant Scrub
Black Banana Party

PostSubject: Re: Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman.   Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman. EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 10:50 am

Me Gusta this character.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman.   Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman. EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:34 am

The more I read, the more I like this character. Nice job.

Oh, and just put down that he's from Kheltus if you can't decide on a place of origin. That's a pre-established village that pretty much matches the description you gave.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman.   Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman. EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:42 am

Munroe wrote:
The more I read, the more I like this character. Nice job.

Oh, and just put down that he's from Kheltus if you can't decide on a place of origin. That's a pre-established village that pretty much matches the description you gave.

Thanks. = ) And you know what, I'll do that right now.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman.   Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman. EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:30 pm

I quite love this character. I really can't see any reason to not rocket this through approval

Accept.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman.   Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman. EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:44 pm

Pat wrote:
I quite love this character. I really can't see any reason to not rocket this through approval

Accept.

= D
Back to top Go down
Spadge
Vengaboy
Spadge

PostSubject: Re: Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman.   Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman. EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 2:59 pm

Accept from me as well.

Now when I post my watch character it's going to feel like I'm following a fad. :[
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman.   Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman. EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Spadge wrote:
Now when I post my watch character it's going to feel like I'm following a fad.

Back to top Go down
LawnJesus
Giant Scrub
LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman.   Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman. EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 3:17 pm

I give my deny on the account that I hate his hat, and I dislike your theme song choice.

Fuck you.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman.   Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman. EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 12:51 am

LawnJesus wrote:
I give my deny on the account that I hate his hat, and I dislike your theme song choice.

Fuck you.

...but those are the best bits.

Trust a marine to be a huge gaylord.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman.   Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman. EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 5:57 am

LawnJesus wrote:

Fuck you.

Spoiler:

That's quite alright, can't please everyone: Always Faithful and Always Flexible (Semper Gumbi), my friend, much respect.
Back to top Go down
Overseer
Scrub
Overseer

PostSubject: Re: Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman.   Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman. EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 7:38 am

This character is approved.

Acceptance to the Watch will be handled separately by the appropriate authority.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman.   Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman. EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 4:57 pm

After a year of service to the city of Surna (roughly, a month off actually, but oh well).

GUARDSMAN SIMON TROPH HAS BEEN PROMOTED TO THE RANK OF CORPORAL IN THE RANKS OF THE SURNAN WATCH.

Watch out baddies, now the goodguys be sporting some badass headgear!
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman.   Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman. EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 8:02 pm

Now twice the bumpkin in one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman.   Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman. Empty

Back to top Go down

Simon Troph - A Good-Hearted Guardsman.
Page 1 of 1