Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sacred Field

Go down 
+3
Kain
Dominator046
Overseer
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pat
Administrator
Pat

The Sacred Field - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:47 pm

Zaku wrote:
The point I'm trying to make is, instead of writing lore that over complicates things (lore I'm sure most of us haven't even read) we fall short on lore that's important. Only recently was Sanctimonia given any true explanation. Think from an outside perspective, no new players want to be introduced to a community that requires they read page after page of redundancy and that's why this community barely holds onto any newer members.

At the very least, let's not ignore a very valid point here.

We need to flesh out all the main, important lore before going way deeper, like the main nation and its culture and whatnot. And all those races people play that have [TO DO] as their entire race's lore.

Last edited by Krug on Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:48 pm

One final and closing comment from myself and, by extention the rest of the administration.

Olden and by extension all sandbox roleplay on garrysmod is a really unique beast simply due to the game mechanics we use to roleplay. Look at skyrim. There are rules to magic and all that jazz, sure but it’s not like you ever need to know it because the limitations are hardwired into what the game is coded to do. Now look at a fantasy book of your choice. Again, there are rules and limitations to magic and other supernatural powers, but it’s either all explained to you or just left up in the air, since the author is a single person who knows and understands the way it all works. We roleplay almost exclusively through text and that really makes things far more difficult because it offers a near limitless amount of things that can be expressed or physically acted/reacted to. What Olden is could be considered right in the middle of a game and a story, except with multiple writers. Unless you want each and every person to make and use their own lore at will then you’ve got to set rules and limitations that people flat out have to know.

At the end of the day though what individuals feel is ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ with how Olden does it’s lore is completely perspective depending on what sort of roleplay you were looking for and you can’t fault people who enjoy/desire a simplistic or elaborate approach just because it isn’t what you in particular are looking for.

Now, the thread is locked and it's hardly fair to continue on while normal members can't post. If there's still issues, either take it to the complaint forums or better yet, to SF off the forums where we can keep drama to a minimum.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:08 pm

Rutabega wrote:
Zaku wrote:
I don't know who you are to denounce other people's issues with the community as 'dumb internet things' -- furthermore, it's laughable that you think any member in this community stepped in to play peacemaker and sooth everyone's wounds. If by some godly intervention Olden was cured of all it's community ailments then I must be in the wrong community. The only recent development that has actually made Olden a better place was having Pat finally step down from supreme overscrub (Not that Pat is by any means what is wrong with this community), but I'm starting to think there are a few other administrators with their heads further up their own asses.

I'm sorry Zaku, did that gif hurt your feelings? I can take it down if you like.

Also thanks Kain, that annual bather quip reminded me that it's shower time.

Hold up just a god damn second here, now,

Rutabega wrote:
One final and closing comment from myself and, by extention the rest of the administration.

How about answering Zaku with something a little less head-up-your-arse before closing this all down and placing yourself as the sole representative of every admin? It's funny you should call Zaku childish when you just look at something logical and just go "lolno", just like what happened in Markka's power curve thread.

Honestly, now. Don't be an arsehole.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:21 pm

Rutabega was responding on our behalf, with our permission. What he said prior to that may have been in poor taste, but it makes his closing statement no less valid.

We have heard your arguments, and have decided that we will take steps to make the lore less complicated and more approachable to new players. Currently, lore is being written that will fill in many of the gaps that exist right now.

On a related note, I'm getting tired of this blatant disrespect towards the administration. Remember that if you're going to be a part of this community, you must agree to allow us to run it as we see fit. If you don't agree at all, nothing is keeping you here.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 7:03 pm

Overseer wrote:
This is long overdue. Finish it, fix it, post it. There is no need for the senseless repetition of this information when we can just have it up for display.

Pat wrote:
The Sacred Field
The Sacred Field - Page 2 Kirlian+photo+of+a+palm

General Information
The Sacred Field is an incredibly dense matrix of energy that envelopes, permeates, and encapsulates a physical body, granting protection, animation, and immunities. The Sacred Field is at the core of all life and intelligence; neither could exist without the Sacred Field. The Sacred Field connects with and extends the soul; it is the soul.

The Sacred Field and Life
The vast majority of all souls originate in the vast, cataclysmic storm that lies deep within Aeria's heart; the World Storm. The formation of a child is not only a physical process, but also a deeply spiritual one. Through natural processes that occur for reasons that no mortal, alive or dead, or even most immortals cannot yet understand, energy from the World Storm gathers within the body of the growing child in a chaotic, unorganized sphere until, on the moment of birth, the child is imprinted with a vague replication of the mother's Sacred Field, which unites the varied energies within the child's body into the first rudimentary Sacred Field. The creation of an independent, though rudimentary, Sacred Field allows the child's body to hold form and act on it's own regard.

As a child grows, so too shall the Sacred Field, refining and growing along with the child. It takes nearly 15~ years for a Sacred Field to be finally said to be completed, meaning that children and teenagers will lack some of the advantages

oh damn, this one's a biggy. WIP because i'm a lazy bastard.
If I have the time, and the necessary support, may throw in my help on this.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 4:56 am

Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 7:18 pm

I think this page ought to be removed or archived if the other thread has all required info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sacred Field
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aeria Roleplay :: The Librarium :: Suggestions-
Jump to: