Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi. I'm new

Go down 
+3
Munroe
citricalComborginator
Smiffy Bagels
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Smiffy Bagels
Scrublet
Smiffy Bagels

Hi. I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Hi. I'm new   Hi. I'm new EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:54 pm

Since this is my first appearance in the forums, I'll be getting introductions out of the way before diving in to the meat of this post.

I'm a long time roleplayer, first time Aerianite(since its rebirth) and am something of a drifter. I tend to dip in and out of communities according to my needs or where my base of friends migrates. Aeria is a case of the latter, since I'm sure more than a few people here already recognize my name and even a few still are actually on fairly good speaking terms with me.

Despite being so well affiliated, my first impressions on the server have been...less than welcoming.

I'm banned currently, not for long, but still a perplexing matter since I haven't even had the time to break any rules. It didn't take long at all for an admin (character named Kira) to slap a vote of no confidence on me, deeming 'I'm obviously not here to learn' before getting that big admin dick swinging to punt me right out of the server. I hope this thread is a testament to the opposite. I'm a very eager learner, I just need to be worked with.

You see, this isn't the first time I've been condescended and forced to make a spectacle in public court by a band of intolerant power gluttons(my catch term for any admin I butt heads with). Most communities I wade through offer a fair amount of turbulence before either I'm expelled indefinitely or I'm rightfully recognized as a bull-headed, but earnest community participant that simply like to be talked too instead of treated like a sheep. I'll be the first to admit it: I'm very self-righteous and tend to place too much personal conviction in my own views. This comes from long conditioning being abused and passed around on a production line like blood cells flowing through the veins of roleplay server. I'm just put where I'm needed and told to sit with it. Sorry, I'm just not the type to cooperate on principle alone. That doesn't mean I can't be reasoned with(if you try).

This instance was particularly disconcerting. Not only was I adhering nicely to the rules, but I was also neglected proper protection from the administration team against people who flagrantly went of their way to shatter rules just to bully and berate me. It was in the public pupil. Most of you reading this were privy to the OOC shitstorm kicked up by Crit and other accusers, defacing my character and dismissing me as a troll who's 'a terrible person and also your roleplay sucks monkeyfuck.'

That's quoted directly from GOOC, from a well situated player who's character is a 'young shapely redhead' with a bow that he used to deathmatch me twice, even after being told to stop. Again, something that was pretty much in everyone's eye and yet saw no mediation from any party.

This isn't a ban request. I don't care if I get trolled. I can be your punching bag and in fact I'm known to like it as long as I get to keep my own voice to retaliate with. This wasn't the case though. Somehow, I'd managed to already lose the favor of any acting admins that night. Instead of prosecuting the deathmatching bigot they focused the bulk of their attention square on me. Why? Because my character had traits other players found 'annoying'. No, not uncanon traits. Not setting defiant traits. Just annoying traits. I can prove these traits aren't departing from server lore, but I've already been told not to bother....

9:55 PM - Simple goodman: [FROM:Kira Fyne]So how about it? Gonna stop with the attitude?
[TO:Kira Fyne]im just defending myself. the hostility is coming from Krit. Unless youre suggesting I should just let him berate me publically.
[FROM:Kira Fyne]This is nothing to do with hostility between you two, the character you're playing is completely out of the RP universe and a few other people have complained
[FROM:Kira Fyne]Now I'm willing to send you a link to the forums if you're willing to learn and get into the RP
[TO:Kira Fyne]that part you'll have to explain. I'm perfectly within your lore.
[FROM:Kira Fyne]Have you read the lore?
[TO:Kira Fyne]And that doesn't really constitute and 'attitude' problem does it?
[TO:Kira Fyne]I have, and nothing about my character is unincluded.
[FROM:Kira Fyne]For one, you're a catgirl. Now, in our lore, we do have familiar things like that called Kazuth but they're application only. As in, you have to make a page on the forums and have it approved
[TO:Kira Fyne]These are mimic ears. They're not real. She's disguised as a Kahzauth.
[FROM:Kira Fyne]Also nobody says 'nya' in the entire RP universe
[TO:Kira Fyne]Besides, after krit was allowed to baislessly smear my name in public I doubt I'd garner support for any character of mine
[TO:Kira Fyne]It's a homoly(or whatever) for the sound cats make. Like 'meow'. or 'mew'.
[FROM:Kira Fyne]It's straight from anime, as is your character and your attitude is grating on other people's RP. So I'm going to respectfully ask you to
[FROM:Kira Fyne]Sorry for crashing, could you please send me what you said to me after my last message?
[TO:Kira Fyne]You really don't have the grounds to kick me, even if you have the authority. If you do, it'll be on democratic assertion not because I'm
[FROM:Kira Fyne]Okay, clearly you're not here to learn
Disconnect: "Banned for 300 mins ( Warned. )".
9:55 PM - Simple goodman: everywhere i go, ban after ban.
9:56 PM - Simple goodman: [TO:Kira Fyne]You really don't have the grounds to kick me, even if you have the authority. If you do, it'll be on democratic assertion not because I'm violating any of the rules. Also, I can't help it if some obscure foreign cluture also adopted 'nya' in
its rethoric. They don't own the term. It's universal, and clearly recognized.

And that was that. About five minuets of back and forth and the admin's patience was spent. I was given a several hour ban, and Cris is probably left enjoying the spoils of a successful giant slaying as I type. This is a repeating occurrence wherever I go. Somehow, my attitude just leaves me subject to all the injustice and all the spite while amazingly breaking none of the rules. I'd really like some insight on this. Why do you think I'm received so abrasively just because I happen to think independently and can form coherent arguments. Is it intimidating? Is it time consuming? Is it just...bad manners? I don't know, but so far elitism and brown nosery has gotten me much further than honesty and forthcoming. Interpret that as you will.

Back to top Go down
citricalComborginator
Scrub
citricalComborginator

Hi. I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm new   Hi. I'm new EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:03 pm

im guessing youre the guy that was running around with your title as something along the lines of 'weeaboo' and 'exotic cat ears'

i wasnt involved but what i read in the ooc chat was that you were basically doing some general dickery, which we dont accept. if you really wonder why youre getting banned from servers and youve been pulling the same stunt at theirs, thats youre own fault.

kawaii desu kitty anime girls ^w^* are not part of our lore. we are a serious rp, not 'neko-chan girls go to the tentacle-planet of sparkles!' if there was any rudeness at all aimed towards you its because you were getting on peoples nerves
Back to top Go down
Smiffy Bagels
Scrublet
Smiffy Bagels

Hi. I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm new   Hi. I'm new EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:08 pm

The problem is, all the parallels to anime culture were mere satire, and were in character kept very lore appropriate. I explained this to the banning admin but he wouldn't have it. I was hardly given a chance to correct it(no, ordering me to do something and then banning me before I can explain is NOT giving me a chance) and I probably would have, but that does not justify their handling of it. Letting a death matcher get away while banning the new guy.

Quote :
kawaii desu kitty anime girls ^w^* are not part of our lore. we are a serious rp, not 'neko-chan girls go to the tentacle-planet of sparkles!'

I'm really not interested in your sterotypes, please don't shove them in my thread.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Hi. I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm new   Hi. I'm new EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:13 pm

Okay, well, I don't think I know you and I wasn't there, so I'm going to try and be objective here.

I'm not sure why your character was wearing cat ears as a disguise; it seems a rather silly thing to do especially considering there's a lot of IC racism against the "cat-folk". OOCly, let's just say there's a lot of negativity towards the Kazuths. It's a long story.

Anyways, onto your ban. 300 minutes / 5 hours is a long time, especially considering we usually only kick bad players. I'm not sure why that call was made, but it is just a temp ban. You're more than welcome to come back on in the future, if this incident hasn't soured your opinion of us too much. But you also say you've been banned multiple times before, from various other communities. Were they just as wrong to ban you?
Back to top Go down
Smiffy Bagels
Scrublet
Smiffy Bagels

Hi. I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm new   Hi. I'm new EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:14 pm

The prevailing reason for all my bans is my tendency to talk back(yet still be constructive). You tell me if they were deserved.
Back to top Go down
citricalComborginator
Scrub
citricalComborginator

Hi. I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm new   Hi. I'm new EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:15 pm

Smiffy Bagels wrote:
The problem is, all the parallels to anime culture were mere satire, and were in character kept very lore appropriate. I explained this to the banning admin but he wouldn't have it. I was hardly given a chance to correct it(no, ordering me to do something and then banning me before I can explain is NOT giving me a chance) and I probably would have, but that does not justify their handling of it. Letting a death matcher get away while banning the new guy.

I'm really not interested in your sterotypes, please don't shove them in my thread.

if you didnt want your 'stereotypes' thrown at you, you wouldnt have made them practically every part of your in-server character

if you WANTED to correct ANYTHING, you wouldnt have immediately just start back-talking the admin and saying that you were 'in the lore' and that nothing 'in the lore' went against your character. maybe it doesnt, but again i state we are a SERIOUS roleplay, and your character was anything but.

it may not be familiar to you, but we dont really tolerate being a jerk and since you continued to talk back and not listen during the pm-session, im not suprised you did get banned
Back to top Go down
Smiffy Bagels
Scrublet
Smiffy Bagels

Hi. I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm new   Hi. I'm new EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:20 pm

If I was mistaken and my character wasn't adhereing to lore I would have liked to be shown, in a factual manner, why.

And my use of stereo-types as a satirical tool is to promote roleplay not undermine it(such in your case. Its the same difference as using nigger in a comical context and using it to alienate people with black skin)

And I still haven't been told exactly what part of my roleplay was 'unserious'. It was very thoughtful, expressive of my character and in my personal opinion not badly written. Too bad it wasn't interacted with at all beyond some m1 DMing and subsequent shit smearing from Kris and the gang.
Back to top Go down
citricalComborginator
Scrub
citricalComborginator

Hi. I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm new   Hi. I'm new EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:26 pm

Smiffy Bagels wrote:
If I was mistaken and my character wasn't adhereing to lore I would have liked to be shown, in a factual manner, why.

And my use of stereo-types as a satirical tool is to promote roleplay not undermine it(such in your case. Its the same difference as using nigger in a comical context and using it to alienate people with black skin)

And I still haven't been told exactly what part of my roleplay was 'unserious'. It was very thoughtful, expressive of my character and in my personal opinion not badly written. Too bad it wasn't interacted with at all beyond some m1 DMing and subsequent shit smearing from Kris and the gang.

okay for one the kazuths are a long mistreated race, and are typically more fond of HIDING their heritage rather than expressing it openly. it would seem rather stupid and like a deathwish for some random guy to just start playing off as one, eh? and i doubt we'd have faux cat ears in the first place

we are not trying to alienate anyone. i am a 'weeaboo' myself, and i found your title utterly stupid and unfitting. if you hadnt noticed, most peoples titles described the actual character and not what they like. there isnt anything in the aerian universe that im aware of that would make your character be able to claim the title of a weeaboo anyways.

weeaboo is unserious, its usually used as a comical term to describe anime nerds. wearing 'exotic cat ears' is unserious without a legitimate reason, because of the lore. whatever else you had in your title was probably the same
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

Hi. I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm new   Hi. I'm new EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:28 pm

I'm sorry, but your requests were valid until it was revealed that you were a prissy Otaku. This a serious rp, as most non-dark rp's are. Satire is a form of humor and used to shame individuals. Why use that on a server you just joined? From the start you've played yourself off as a typical player who prefers to argue and talk rather than actually play the game or get in depth with the lore. That's unfavorable, and in any community it wouldn't be tolerated. Especially considering that the admin at the time was trying to aid you, and was met with pointless arguing, I have no qualms with you staying banned, which you've even said wouldn't bother you. Your voice was heard, but you just managed to drown it out in sheer hypocrisy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/VenomOps
Psyche
Keeper of the Thunderboner, Protector of the Hatefuck Chalice
Psyche

Hi. I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm new   Hi. I'm new EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:37 pm

I personally don't like Critical and a lot of the other members at all, in fact most of the time the approval section brings me to vomit, but I don't see how this thread could be thought of as anything but a farce.

If an admin is told and feels that someone is a pain to be around, then that someone is getting banned. That's how it works everywhere.

Last edited by Psyche on Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smiffy Bagels
Scrublet
Smiffy Bagels

Hi. I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm new   Hi. I'm new EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:38 pm

Given, I didn't understand the cultural standing of kazuths prior to making the character but I don't think that interferes with the logic behind her disguise. If it's needed I can pan out the entire bases but until it's demanded expressly I'll spare myself the cramps.

My issue boils down to the line where suddenly your personal opinion of my title somehow warrants mistreatment and suspension of rule-given rights by not just admins but the entire domain of players too. I saw several things on your server that really put a bad taste in my mouth but I bit my tongue because my 'opinion' on things is worth nothing. And so is yours.

Quote :
I'm sorry, but your requests were valid until it was revealed that you were a prissy Otaku

Again, your sterotypes don't interest me. What's an Otaku?
Quote :

From the start you've played yourself off as a typical player who prefers to argue and talk rather than actually play the game or get in depth with the lore. That's unfavorable, and in any community it wouldn't be tolerated. Especially considering that the admin at the time was trying to aid you, and was met with pointless arguing, I have no qualms with you staying banned, which you've even said wouldn't bother you. Your voice was heard, but you just managed to drown it out in sheer hypocrisy.

Typical, yet somehow unacceptable? I honestly wish I could spend my time on server actually roleplaying but again and again I'm dragged into the plantif section just to keep my place in the community. If an admin's idea of 'aid' is 'here let me tell you what to do' then I'm not interested however if they're actually wanting to loan themselves as useful server keepers then please discuss with me instead of condescending me at every turn then they'd see I have only the best interests
Quote :

If an admin is told and feels that someone is a pain to be around, then that someone is getting banned. That's how it works everywhere.

I CAN NOT emphasizes enough how wrong this is. Should I even try?

No. Judical ruling on a particular players should NOT be derived from a pool of players based on their subjective opinion of them.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Hi. I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm new   Hi. I'm new EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:44 pm

Smiffy Bagels wrote:
Sorry, I'm just not the type to cooperate on principle alone.

^ In other words, you're stubborn.

Smiffy Bagels wrote:
Not only was I adhering nicely to the rules, but I was also neglected proper protection from the administration team against people who flagrantly went of their way to shatter rules just to bully and berate me.

This was not why you were banned. Furthermore, the players that went out of their way to 'shatter rules' to bully and berate you must have done so for a reason. You were playing as a cat-girl, through and through. There's no getting around this point at all. No matter how much you make up excuses for the fact your character had 'fake ears' or used 'universal terms', you combined all of these things into one character for the sole reason that it would create an upstir.

Smiffy Bagels wrote:
That's quoted directly from GOOC, from a well situated player who's character is a 'young shapely redhead'

This has nothing to do with anything. Was this meant to somehow smear the credibility of the player of the 'young shapely redhead'? If so, then it's only accomplished the task of making you look even worse in the eyes of the community. I would also like to add that you did the community no favours in judging you as a person aside the 'satirical' character that you were playing. This, and your arrogant attitude was enough for people to assume that you were trolling.

Smiffy Bagels wrote:
Why? Because my character had traits other players found 'annoying'. No, not uncanon traits. Not setting defiant traits. Just annoying traits.

Actually, I don't believe anyone in the history of this RP has ever said "nya~" once. Ever. Clearly, you're just trying to incite a response much like the one you got, so you can claim complete innocence. Most of the traits you displayed were completely out of our lore and not only did you not make an attempt to even find out more about us and our community, you simply stated why you and your traits were within our lore. (which they werent.)

Smiffy Bagels wrote:
Why do you think I'm received so abrasively just because I happen to think independently and can form coherent arguments.

Yes, it is bad manners. You seem to pass yourself off as being the victim of a massive injustice, but you cannot say that it was unprovoked. You went out of your way to incite the response. You can't hope to actually pass yourself off as someone who's in the right.

Now. I've seen you before in other communities, Smiffy-- And I'd like to say that whatever response I've made to your posts here are not biased in the slightest. Only your behaviour has influenced my response here, and perhaps that says a lot about your case. I'll leave you to interpret that as you will.

Apologies also if you have made other points before I posted this. It's been about 10 minutes since I started writing so I haven't seen the previous posts in the thread as of yet.
Back to top Go down
Smiffy Bagels
Scrublet
Smiffy Bagels

Hi. I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm new   Hi. I'm new EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Quote :
^ In other words, you're stubborn.

But also cuddly.
Quote :

Furthermore, the players that went out of their way to 'shatter rules' to bully and berate you must have done so for a reason.

It doesn't matter. They broke the rules, I didn't.

Quote :
You were playing as a cat-girl, through and through.

They're canon.
Quote :

There's no getting around this point at all.

Can't imagine why I'd have to.
Quote :

No matter how much you make up excuses for the fact your character had 'fake ears' or used 'universal terms', you combined all of these things into one character for the sole reason that it would create an upstir.

I'm sorry, but preconceived notions that everything I do is somehow inherently ill-intentioned does not excuse rule breaking nor does it justify punishment.

Quote :
This has nothing to do with anything. Was this meant to somehow smear the credibility of the player of the 'young shapely redhead'?

No. It's to underline the irony and implied hypocrisy of questioning my roleplay ethics while overlooking blatant mary-sues.
Quote :

Actually, I don't believe anyone in the history of this RP has ever said "nya~"

I'm happy to be the first. It's far more striking than 'meow.'

Quote :
Clearly, you're just trying to incite a response much like the one you got, so you can claim complete innocence.

Again, I am innocent. And again, you don't get to preface my activity as detrimental without addressing the injustices waged on me before the fact.

Quote :
Most of the traits you displayed were completely out of our lore and not only did you not make an attempt to even find out more about us and our community, you simply stated why you and your traits were within our lore

And I tried to work through this with the acting admin but I was banned before the conversation could lead anywhere conclusive.
Quote :

Yes, it is bad manners. You seem to pass yourself off as being the victim of a massive injustice, but you cannot say that it was unprovoked.

I am the victim of an injustice. Being condescended is an injustice.

Quote :
Apologies also if you have made other points before I posted this. It's been about 10 minutes since I started writing so I haven't seen the previous posts in the thread as of yet.

I don't mind repeating myself. I think I'll be going to bed soon though. I'll give this a few more minuets.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

Hi. I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm new   Hi. I'm new EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:05 pm

im just

ugh

go make a character profile

stirring up drama is a waste of time. you got temp banned once, boohoo; keeping this up will only raise drama and cause more misunderstandings. seriously.

you're getting off on the wrong foot. stop, start over. this is pretty much an ultimatum, because continuing this thread much further is going to end poorly for everybody here.

as for the rest of you, y u gotta b assholes huh. y u gotta b like dat.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Hi. I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm new   Hi. I'm new EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:07 pm

Oh dear lord don't berate him he might create another thread!
Back to top Go down
Smiffy Bagels
Scrublet
Smiffy Bagels

Hi. I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm new   Hi. I'm new EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:08 pm

*cracks knuckles*
Back to top Go down
Overseer
Scrub
Overseer

Hi. I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm new   Hi. I'm new EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:14 pm

Hm.

Now, for some closing notes.

Those of you that broke the rules to try and enforce an idea on a new player, shame on you. It's nothing to punish you over, but the Administration will keep this event in mind for all parties involved.

I would like to apologize to you, Smiffy Bagels, for how this was handled. However, even I cannot deny that you have skipped ahead in many ways. Our forums and server are not yet fitted to accommodate your roleplaying needs. Perhaps you can return when we've completed the Kiddy section. Until then, please consider your actions today and try again another time, or don't try at all. Roleplaying at Aeria is a privilege, not a right.

Also, Krug, stop using admin powers you are not allowed to have. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi. I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm new   Hi. I'm new Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi. I'm new
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Tribunal Court :: Formal Complaints :: Resolved-
Jump to: