Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary

Go down 
+4
Pat
Rutabega
PhoenixRhapsody
Dominator046
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:07 pm

I can say I'd be willing to accept this character, if he's given a more legitimate reason for wanting to go to Ara'Ki. It's an extremely dangerous journey there, and getting back is even harder.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 4:18 pm

thorogoodd wrote:
I can say I'd be willing to accept this character, if he's given a more legitimate reason for wanting to go to Ara'Ki. It's an extremely dangerous journey there, and getting back is even harder.

I touched up the biography a bit. I will probably add more tomorrow, but for right now, I've added a good bit, and addressed his early life and motivations to quest for Ara'ki. With that much being done, perhaps that will be sufficient, but if not, I can easily add more.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Dedicated Poster
Markka

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 12:46 pm

Beep boop.

I'm thinking the bio is good enough and the character has been shoved into the lore's mould. Unless I missed something terrible, I think Dominator could take him for a spin.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Grace Period BUMP
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:43 pm

I don't know about this one. I saw him being RPed, and... well, all I've seen him do is attack other characters and act creepy. We don't really need yet another villain character right now, we've got plenty.

I will accept this if I see a good reason to, else it's pending.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 6:08 am

I'm afraid I'm going to have to deny this character. As the main representative of Korppikultti lore of course.

Reason being that right now, this character just doesn't fit with the plot, nor anything to do with the Korppikultti. As of this time, no ships have reached the Mainland of Aeria from Ara'Ki. Atleast not ships in possession of the Korppikultti.

However, this isn't the end of your character. I would be willing to accept this if your character were perhaps disregarding the strict rules and regulations of the Korppikultti to flee to the mainland. He wouldn't be considered a member of the Korppikultti any more, and the journey from Ara'Ki to the mainland would need a good explaining, but it's the only way I can reasonably see to save your character.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:42 am

thorogoodd wrote:
I'm afraid I'm going to have to deny this character. As the main representative of Korppikultti lore of course.

Reason being that right now, this character just doesn't fit with the plot, nor anything to do with the Korppikultti. As of this time, no ships have reached the Mainland of Aeria from Ara'Ki. Atleast not ships in possession of the Korppikultti.

However, this isn't the end of your character. I would be willing to accept this if your character were perhaps disregarding the strict rules and regulations of the Korppikultti to flee to the mainland. He wouldn't be considered a member of the Korppikultti any more, and the journey from Ara'Ki to the mainland would need a good explaining, but it's the only way I can reasonably see to save your character.

Unfortunately, while I appreciate the kind words, I do believe this IS the end of Seth Hasold. While I was more than happy to change many facets of him to placate him into the lore of the Korppikultti, I don't want to introduce a plothole-inducing piece into his backstory, nor do I want to water him down, and reuse him while he's already been in character.

I'm going to let Seth Hasold die, I'd rather him fade away than turn into something he's not.

Also, I'd like to make one note on something Munroe said: Are we going to put a hold on all evil characters now? = / I mean, that doesn't seem quite fair to hack an accept from a character who would contribute to both passive and interesting dynamic RP, other than the standard devious plot. I don't mean to sound rude, but its just that something tells me that other evil characters will be accepted, and that Seth's evil/megalomanic nature has been used to leash something else wrong with his design, my playstyle, or something I'm not aware of.

EDIT:

If I could ask for one favor, it would be that this thread be moved into the deny section please. = )
Back to top Go down
Overseer
Scrub
Overseer

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 9:22 am

As you wish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary   Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Seth Hasold - Konkynkya - The Dark Missionary
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2