Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zaku

Go down 
+3
Markka
Venom OPS
Rutabega
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

Zaku Empty
PostSubject: Zaku   Zaku EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:16 pm

After reviewing the decision, the Administration has decided that there was insufficient reason to keep Zaku permanently banned from the forums. His actions may have warranted a temporary ban, in which case, he has already served his time. Due to this, we will be lifting the ban on his account. After the review, we have also decided that Mack will remain banned

I am the messenger.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

Zaku Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zaku   Zaku EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:32 pm

With a name like Zaku, how could you hate him for that long?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/VenomOps
Markka
Dedicated Poster
Markka

Zaku Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zaku   Zaku EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 5:24 pm

It certainly doesn't have anything to do with his constant and repetitive disruptive behaviour. Then again, it's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Zaku Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zaku   Zaku EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:06 am

Zaku wrote:
I am the messenger.

SHOOT HIM.

Glad to have Zaku back. He's always been an integral member of the community who cares a lot more than people give him credit for, and of course we need all the population we can get.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Dedicated Poster
Markka

Zaku Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zaku   Zaku EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:15 am

I just wish he showed his care by not integrating the previous disruptive behaviour to the community. I mean, hasn't he stated himself several times over that he doesn't care about the community or getting banned? Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Zaku Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zaku   Zaku EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:57 am

I don't think how much one would care if he were banned is a good reflection of their character. Truth be told, I couldn't give fuck all about Aeria, it's future, or how well the community fairs these next few weeks. I'm here so that I may have a good time with a few friends that still lounge about here, and that doesn't make me a bad guy. And honestly, that's how everyone should feel.

If you've got a problem with my attitude, or how I may act in the future then feel free to confront me. I don't bite, and I'm really not that mean of a guy. Maybe things will go smoother this time around if you take the time to speak to me, instead of taking my posts for face value, or the things I might say. My intentions before my ban were nothing but good, it's a shame the thread that got me banned was devalued by other posters. If you're willing to lay down your guard, allow me a little space to move around in, maybe you'll find I'm not all that bad to have around.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Dedicated Poster
Markka

Zaku Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zaku   Zaku EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:05 am

Noone is blaming you for wanting to hang out with friends, and nobody really has a problem with that. It's also fine that you don't really care about the community that deeply. What I, and likely some other people, have a problem with, is disrupting RP on the server, making noisy and otherwise annoying contraptions, spamming OOC on the server, responding to legitimate forum posts with images of words made out of dicks and generally just being an annoyance.

I wouldn't mind you if there was less of the bad stuff.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Zaku Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zaku   Zaku EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:08 am

Maybe I come from a different part of the world, but I have yet to see why everyone was so offended by those penises. I didn't think they were hurting anyone.

I'm not the only one who has goofed around on the server, I don't mean to put my dearest friends under the bus but the whole contraption fiasco and all other assorted none sense was all done in company. I understand there's a time and place for everything, but you've got to lighten up a little. You're going to meet people from all walks of life, some you may not agree with, you'll find tolerance is the key to these things.

And, I responded legitimately to your thread. My posts were ignored, my points were promptly dismissed. My behavior in the thread only grew questionable after the thread had already devolved.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Dedicated Poster
Markka

Zaku Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zaku   Zaku EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:16 am

Everyone was offended by those penises because it was a downright childish and immature thing to do. I really don't care if that fits your humour, but it's obviously in a bad taste. You have the ability to figure out the time and place for those kinds of things. Legitimate threads aren't those places at any time.

Just because you're not the only one doesn't mean you should be excused, I'm sure you know that. I can't remember the details, but I remember booting your company of everyday heroes off the server several times because of those repeated noise contraptions and other nonsense.

I can tolerate a lot and I'm a reasonable and levelheaded guy. Thing is, there is a limit to that. I don't want to see that kind of behaviour from anyone on the server or forums on a regular basis. That's what really ruins the reflection of your character.

And, do you really call saying "Stop it." twice and then implying that my thread and the graphical illustrations I used are worthless as legitimate points? Give me a break.

Last edited by Markka on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Zaku Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zaku   Zaku EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:28 am

"Stop it" is a very legitimate point when you want somebody to stop what it is they're doing.

But I'm sure we can put the past behind us at this point, right?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Zaku Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zaku   Zaku EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:30 am

People need to lighten up if all it takes is a poorly draft willy to grind your gears, I'm sorry.

And as for the thread, I had tried to say that the thread would achieve nothing but cause drama and it was an issue we didn't need / weren't in the position to worry about,

Quote :
Ok, I'd like to point something out here.

Olden is a small, comfortable community. Admit it. We all like Olden because we all know each other, it's simple, and we can have fun with little to no bureaucracy. Olden has become a home to many of us.

And then we make threads like this. Pointless threads that only spark wildfires this community was never meant to endure. We're all here to have fun and as far as I know we've had fun. If we're having fun then what's the problem? Everyone's so worried about eachother's characters, powers, limitations and positions in the community. Sometimes I begin to wonder if people came here to RP, or to simply bitch and moan.

And sure, my attitude may have been crude, but that's the kind of person I am. I give people lip because I expect lip back, that's just how things work in my neck of the woods. I wasn't trying to attack you personally, and as I said, while my presentation may have been misinterpreted but my intentions weren't bad. I have nothing against you, Markka, you're a fine role player and I think that's all that should count in this kind of community -- when we complicate things with anything more then that is when we run into problems.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Dedicated Poster
Markka

Zaku Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zaku   Zaku EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:35 am

Thing is, I think that it was and still is a problem, percieved or otherwise. If you don't have anything to contribute, then why would you even post on that thread? I was looking to have a debate over it, and instead all I get is "Shut up, shut up, shut up!". That really doesn't help anyone adress anything and obviously isn't satisfying. Just because I get told to stop it, that doesn't erase the questions and problems that I may have.

And I don't think it's a good thing to just shrug and forget everything that's happened in the past. Let's have a hypothetical scenario. If an admin decided to forcibly PK everyone's characters, make themself a god and ban anyone who opposed, and then proceeded to say "past is past", would you really want to forget that? Of course this is not the situation, but I believe it's a valid if not grossly exaggarated point.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Zaku Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zaku   Zaku EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:38 am

I'm not asking you to forget all the things I've done, because I already know you won't. Instead, I'm asking you to at least tolerate my presence so that maybe, maybe in the future you can stop hating me and we can both mutually enjoy what we've come here to do -- and that is to role play.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Dedicated Poster
Markka

Zaku Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zaku   Zaku EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:43 am

I don't have a personal problem with any of you bunch, quite frankly. It's just the things you do on a (semi-)constant basis that bothers me. If you could cut that out and be a bit more civil, then I really would not mind your presence as I've stated before.

Tolerance isn't the only thing you should think of. You should also think about your own behaviour. Just because you may be a crude person and find some things fine while others find them offensive, that doesn't permit you to carry on and tell others to tolerate you. It doesn't work that way. It's called interaction for a reason. If you can tone the unnecessary dumb things down then we're going to get along swimmingly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Zaku Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zaku   Zaku EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:46 am

If you're worried I might spam thrusters on the server, or anything of the sort then put that all to rest. Admins are here to worry about that for you, and the moment I start toying around I'm sure one of them will pull the plug on me.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Zaku Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zaku   Zaku EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:49 am

I really don't get why you still go on about that thread. I mean, I appreciate the load of effort put into it but holy shit, it really isn't that big of an issue. I mean, you pointed out which characters can take part in any event they wanted, or be suitable for any kind of RP. And then you pointed out the downsides to having either a very weak character or a very powerful one; not every event or happening is suited for them to take a big part in.

Isn't that just common sense? If you have too powerful of a character, it's only right you don't jump into every single event. I just can't wrap my head around why you made it such an "Olden is dying" issue. That just makes people act like arses and go along with it as if the whole community is ending.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Dedicated Poster
Markka

Zaku Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zaku   Zaku EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:50 am

Zaku wrote:
If you're worried I might spam thrusters on the server, or anything of the sort then put that all to rest. Admins are here to worry about that for you, and the moment I start toying around I'm sure one of them will pull the plug on me.

That has already happened more than enough times, though. It always goes like this. You join the community and for a while everything is fine. Then something dumb/offensive happens and you get banned. After a while you get pardoned and history repeats itself. Why is it? Why does this keep happening exactly? Are you certain there is not something you could do differently? This is what I'm worried about. This thing repeating itself ad infinitum.

And Krug, I'm sorry if that thread of mine was difficult to interpret, but I honestly see that as a problem. I'm not going to discuss or explain it here. I tried to go to the very last bit of detail in the thread I could so everyone could see my standpoint, but I kept getting demanded to explain what I meant or told to stop. In an astoundingly rude and inflammatory way too, if I may add.

Last edited by Markka on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:56 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Zaku Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zaku   Zaku EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:53 am

Zaku asks I post that he's off to see people and doesn't have the time to make a response, but he will respond.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

Zaku Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zaku   Zaku EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 7:20 am

I will say that, in my own experience, if someone has something they want to say, there is nothing more aggravating and insulting than just telling them to be quiet. People like to be heard. They want to be heard, and even if someone doesn't agree with them, it's nice to feel acknowledged, that the other person has at least heard you out and respected your opinion as a valid opinion. We can argue about whether Markka was right or not for a long time, but what I saw in that thread was simply telling someone that they weren't allowed to have an opinion. That they should just be quiet.

Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

Zaku Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zaku   Zaku EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:15 am

Pat wrote:
I will say that, in my own experience, if someone has something they want to say, there is nothing more aggravating and insulting than just telling them to be quiet. People like to be heard. They want to be heard, and even if someone doesn't agree with them, it's nice to feel acknowledged, that the other person has at least heard you out and respected your opinion as a valid opinion. We can argue about whether Markka was right or not for a long time, but what I saw in that thread was simply telling someone that they weren't allowed to have an opinion. That they should just be quiet.

This is where the problem arose.
Back to top Go down
Reager
Almost-Member
Reager

Zaku Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zaku   Zaku EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:02 pm

Love you Zaku, but this doesn't really need to be a discussion. You're unbanned, and as simple as it is, you're just being asked to lower your trolling. Your actions have consequences, and it's easier for you to decrease those actions then for everyone else to have to tolerate them. I've seen how you've conducted yourself at Stalker Role-play and obviously you have the capacity of being serious. So when it comes down to it, there is nothing wrong with getting a giggle or two; but at times you've actually halted RP for some people, and because of that interruption they may have never even finished their passive role-play. To put it short, it's hard getting in tune with your character and role-playing them correctly when there is a constant distraction. Nobody is telling you to be a raisin and sit their silently, being a dull object, just saying to chill out a bit.
Back to top Go down
Overseer
Scrub
Overseer

Zaku Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zaku   Zaku EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:32 pm

I'm glad that you all kept this civil, but please don't argue, debate, or make my2cents posts in an unban notice. Please don't bring up old conflicts with the intention of [i]not[i] resolving them. If you want to welcome Zaku back, there are plenty of other ways. As for Zaku's unban: Yes, Zaku is naughty and misbehaves, but as far as his actions on the forums go, he did not do anything to warrant a permanent ban.

Now, I'm locking this thread. Complaints go under Formal Complaints. Arguements can go to private messages or Steam. If you just want to welcome Zaku back, General Chat is the place for you, or PM's, or just bug him on steam like you would bug anyone else.

Good day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zaku Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zaku   Zaku Empty

Back to top Go down

Zaku
Page 1 of 1