Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kuunlah Pethruu

Go down 
+9
Jackxter
Christoph
Col Awesome
BooM
Cakebread
Hyperiant
Psyche
Spadge
PhoenixRhapsody
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Reager
Almost-Member
Reager

Kuunlah Pethruu - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kuunlah Pethruu   Kuunlah Pethruu - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 7:30 am

Purse - the u and place an e there. Than phone. That's how I remember it. Persephone.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Kuunlah Pethruu   Kuunlah Pethruu - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 1:37 pm

thorogoodd wrote:
People often seem to misinterpret "overpowered" as, "able to easy kill people". But it can also apply to defensive characters too. Say your character is a pacifist, but they have a magic shield that can deflect any attack from any source that could harm the user. That's still overpowered, even if they have no means of attacking people.

But yeah, try making a more "normal" character. They can have an interesting past, but make their skills minimal (able to use a bow sufficiently enough to hunt etc.). They can excel in a skill, but keep it mind magic is rare in this setting, atleast it's supposed to be.

Removed the ability to deflect attacks, from the amulet. Also made him less capable of deflecting and dodging melee attacks.
He no longer fights... Period. Total pacifist, except for swatting people over the head from time to time... he still does that. His armor is enchanted to be lighter than normal steel, but has all the same properties otherwise.

As for magic being rare... you must not RP on the server very often anymore... lots of people have magic nowadays. They don't go casting it everywhere, but they have it. My character is a healer though, so good luck finding me a place to misuse that.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Kuunlah Pethruu   Kuunlah Pethruu - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 2:03 pm

PhoenixRhapsody wrote:
thorogoodd wrote:
People often seem to misinterpret "overpowered" as, "able to easy kill people". But it can also apply to defensive characters too. Say your character is a pacifist, but they have a magic shield that can deflect any attack from any source that could harm the user. That's still overpowered, even if they have no means of attacking people.

But yeah, try making a more "normal" character. They can have an interesting past, but make their skills minimal (able to use a bow sufficiently enough to hunt etc.). They can excel in a skill, but keep it mind magic is rare in this setting, atleast it's supposed to be.

Removed the ability to deflect attacks, from the amulet. Also made him less capable of deflecting and dodging melee attacks.
He no longer fights... Period. Total pacifist, except for swatting people over the head from time to time... he still does that. His armor is enchanted to be lighter than normal steel, but has all the same properties otherwise.

As for magic being rare... you must not RP on the server very often anymore... lots of people have magic nowadays. They don't go casting it everywhere, but they have it. My character is a healer though, so good luck finding me a place to misuse that.

Still going to withhold my accept for now.

As for the magic comment, I RP on the server enough to see that magic is common, yes. But very early on and in some lore pages it was stated that magic would be rare.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant
Vengaboy
Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: Kuunlah Pethruu   Kuunlah Pethruu - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 6:03 pm

I've been holding off on accepting or rejecting this character for quite some time. I wanted to see how it would be played.

I believe the character to be balanced. There is little room for this character to be abused. Unfortunately (and I spoke about this with Phoenix a little) I'm not yet confident in the player's ability to handle the character properly. Xeloras has apparently given an okay on the lore, which was one of my concerns, so that much is good. I like the character. He makes for good RP. I'm just unsure.

My decision is pending right now. Phoenix has yet to lose my faith or win it entirely. Hopefully, though, he will be able to prove he can handle it.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Kuunlah Pethruu   Kuunlah Pethruu - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 4:18 pm

All the pendings are...

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kuunlah Pethruu   Kuunlah Pethruu - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Jackxter wrote:
OVER 9000

Jackxter wrote:
trololo

Jackxter wrote:
cartman

I'm going to deny this character just for what I cannot now unsee.

Just kidding here's an accept but Jackxter... why do you have to be such a cunt

Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Kuunlah Pethruu   Kuunlah Pethruu - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 2:02 pm

I'm going to deny this, because in its current state I don't think it fits the lore, and is too powerful.

He's a grandmaster cleric. A grandmaster. This implies he is, well, a master of healing and healing spells. I've seen this character in action during a recent monster-hunting event, and he was able to heal substantial wounds at a distance and very quickly. It's spelled out right there in the bio page. The "detect alignment" spell seems fairly over-powered as well; he can do it in the blink of an eye and instantly determine the true intentions of seemingly any character. His amulet can "remove curses of great magnitude", which is ambiguously worded and seems highly abusable. Then you have the electrical breath on top of all that. I know it's a trait of all Dragonkin, but... Dragonkin are just plain powerful. Regardless of his actual skill in combat, he has, by default, impressive strength and agility, and electrical breath. In addition, he's a master healer who's decked out in lightweight enchanted platemail (his gear would cost a frickin' FORTUNE). Imagine trying to bring this guy down.

Also irksome is the seeming contradiction of lore. Like your previous character, the page contains references to Elder Scrolls lore. The Dragon God Pethruu doesn't appear anywhere in Olden's lore (unless I missed something), and I recall a couple disputes, one being about "Dragon Tongue" and whether or not it can influence the world around the speaker (something that's never been established before), and the other about the nature of his healing magic (you claim it isn't divine or holy, yet it's more effective on the good-natured? This confuses me).

Here's what I think needs to happen. If you absolutely must have a Dragonkin, get rid of the legendary enchanted items and armor (why does a pacifist cleric even NEED armor?), and tone down his skill in healing. Maybe I'm being too anal about the power level, but I just don't want to see the aforementioned "Dragonball Z effect". As for the lore stuff, I'll wait and see what Pat has to say.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Kuunlah Pethruu   Kuunlah Pethruu - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 2:27 pm

Munroe wrote:
I'm going to deny this, because in its current state I don't think it fits the lore, and is too powerful.

He's a grandmaster cleric. A grandmaster. This implies he is, well, a master of healing and healing spells. I've seen this character in action during a recent monster-hunting event, and he was able to heal substantial wounds at a distance and very quickly. It's spelled out right there in the bio page. The "detect alignment" spell seems fairly over-powered as well; he can do it in the blink of an eye and instantly determine the true intentions of seemingly any character. His amulet can "remove curses of great magnitude", which is ambiguously worded and seems highly abusable. Then you have the electrical breath on top of all that. I know it's a trait of all Dragonkin, but... Dragonkin are just plain powerful. Regardless of his actual skill in combat, he has, by default, impressive strength and agility, and electrical breath. In addition, he's a master healer who's decked out in lightweight enchanted platemail (his gear would cost a frickin' FORTUNE). Imagine trying to bring this guy down.

Also irksome is the seeming contradiction of lore. Like your previous character, the page contains references to Elder Scrolls lore. The Dragon God Pethruu doesn't appear anywhere in Olden's lore (unless I missed something), and I recall a couple disputes, one being about "Dragon Tongue" and whether or not it can influence the world around the speaker (something that's never been established before), and the other about the nature of his healing magic (you claim it isn't divine or holy, yet it's more effective on the good-natured? This confuses me).

Here's what I think needs to happen. If you absolutely must have a Dragonkin, get rid of the legendary enchanted items and armor (why does a pacifist cleric even NEED armor?), and tone down his skill in healing. Maybe I'm being too anal about the power level, but I just don't want to see the aforementioned "Dragonball Z effect". As for the lore stuff, I'll wait and see what Pat has to say.

I have to agree with Munroe on everything he said.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Kuunlah Pethruu   Kuunlah Pethruu - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:01 am

I have pulled all the relevant info for the character.

MOVE TO DENIED CHARACTERS

I am Phoenix and I approve this post.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kuunlah Pethruu   Kuunlah Pethruu - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:13 am

PhoenixRhapsody wrote:
I have pulled all the relevant info for the character.

MOVE TO DENIED CHARACTERS

I am Phoenix and I approve this post.

If you insist...
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Kuunlah Pethruu   Kuunlah Pethruu - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:49 am

Munroe wrote:

I can't speak for his strength, but I will talk about the lore.

The Dragonkin worship distinguished 'ancestor dragons' from which the different clans were born. Norn Sarevok, for example, was the ancestor to the Sarevok clan, from which Nale Sarevok was from. Since we lack any ancestor dragons beyond Norn, I gave Phoenix creative license to create one. Pethruu is his.

I agree with the fact that the Dragon Tongue would be non-canon, though the basic idea is not. Their breath derives from their relation to the Dragons, who had a natural affinity to the power of Aeria. Dragons can do astounding things with this link; the Dragonkin have a more limited ability, which manifests as their 'breath' powers.

On the healing magic part, Phoenix was just confused. He didn't realize the distinction between divine-based magics and the impartial school of Vitamancy.

His strength does seem extreme, given the fact that Dragonkin are already powerful, even without enchanted armor and weapons. But Phoenix has decided to put this character concept on hold for now, so that's that.

Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Kuunlah Pethruu   Kuunlah Pethruu - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 12:50 pm

Moved into denied. It seems Phoenix requested this move earlier, but the thread remained here. It also hasn't gotten any posts in a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kuunlah Pethruu   Kuunlah Pethruu - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kuunlah Pethruu
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aeria Roleplay :: Character Compendium :: Denied-
Jump to: