HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Xantumal Vicelord

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bd863
Giant Scrub
avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2012-10-02

PostSubject: Xantumal Vicelord   Wed May 08, 2013 10:38 am

Xantumal Vicelord
Spoiler:
 
Quote :
Basic Information:
Gender: Male
Age: 37
Looks as if he was twenty.
Race: Tiefling
Languages: Common, Occitanian
Birthplace: Weissböde, Occitan
Occupation: Hired Spellsword
Deity: Tyr Korppikultti (Newly Initiated)
Hair Color: Black
Hair Style: Long
Eye Color: Light Red
Skin Tone: Dark Red
Height: 6'2
Weight: 165lbs
Body Type: Muscular, Skinny
Quote :
Appearance: Xantumal has a dark red skin tone and looks as if he is in his twenties. He wears dark gray robes made from inexpensive material with steel chain-mail over top. Xantumal wears a steel vambrace on his left forearm, leaving his right forearm exposed showing off Xantumal's tribal tattoo. His boots are made from fine, durable leather and come to a point at the knee. Xantumal's hair is well kept, it is straight and goes down to his shoulders. His tail is around four and a half feet long with small spikes protruding and comes to a point at the end. His fingernails are as black as tar and all are pointed due to his strong Tiefling blood line. In battles and duels Xantumal is seen wearing a tattered dark blue cape made from some-what fire resistant materials.

Quote :
Personality: Xantumal, despite his menacing appearance is a somewhat pleasant person to be around. He speaks in a smooth, calm voice with a heavy Occitanian accent. When Xantumal is angered his voice dramatically changes from calm to loud and full of rage. He sees non-magic users less important but makes an effort to treat everyone equally despite their abilities.

Quote :
Abilities:

Fire Magic: Being a planetouched Tiefling Xantumal has a natural talent for fire magic. Using fire magic for twenty years Xantumal is experienced due to him learning how to control his natural talent through most of his childhood and his teens. Xantumal's uses fire magic to gain a combative advantage over the enemy and to singe fear into anyone who opposes him.

Spoiler:
 
Swordsmanship: Xantumal first learned how to handle a sword when he was young thanks to his father. When he was old enough to go out and travel alone he strengthened his swordsmanship when serving as a hired sword in combat. Over the years Xantumal has became quite skilled with his rapier and learned how to combine his fire magic with his sword combat. Xantumal's fighting style is his rapier in his right hand and primarily fire magic in his left hand, he can use both if need be.

Agility and Stamina: Due to Xantumal being a Tiefling he can outrun almost any man. He can sprint for a long duration of time due to his light weight, yet muscular frame.

Tiefling Blood Line: Being the fifth generation of the Vicelord family Tieflings he has a strong blood line making his regular Tiefling traits much more distinct than his older generation family members. His skin is resilient to fire and he can see easily in the dark due to his 'Darkvision'.

Biography:

Early Life
    _Xantumal being born in Weissböde he worked on his father's friends farm in secrecy and was home schooled by his father. Xantumal's father used any money he earned for house repair and farming supplies. Xantumal was not grown up into a wealthy family and had to endure the hardships of a farmer's boy. His father was an alcoholic and would wake him up early in the morning before the sun rose to practice his swordsmanship and would correct him with blunt force if he was not able to block an oncoming sword or even complained about his training hours. Xantumal normally tended to the crops most of the time and very rarely he was aloud to tend to the livestock under supervision. When sent on errands Xantumal was stared at, spat on and beaten within market place. Most the time he was chased out by angry merchants for loitering at their stalls and scaring people away due to his appearance. In was until his early teens Xantumal learned of his fire magic abilities and his father informed him about being planetouched. From then on he learned how to use it in combat and to his advantage against anyone who he wishes to do harm upon. After the short months of training Xantumal no longer was mistreated in the market place but feared after he set a merchants stall on fire. Due to most of the merchants no longer wanting to sell him anything. He left for the outskirts of  Weissböde with his father's spare sword some flimsy armor and became a swordmage for hire during his late teens.

Adult Life
  _Xantumal, now an experienced swordmage for hire has figured out how to use his fire magic to his advantage in combat through years of protecting people for the right price. Formerly feared he gained respect from the merchants after earning their trust after long hours of fighting off bandits when moving through supply routes. Xantumal learns how to keep calm in any situation over the course of many battles while protecting caravans from oncoming attacks. He no longer helps his father on the farm and eventually leaves home with enough money accumulated over time to travel. He says his last goodbyes to his mother and father and explains how he feels he has higher potential elsewhere. He eventually hears of Surna while traveling out of Weissböde. On his way to Surna he hears of the blight and the recent events he also trades out his old battle-worn armor for steel chain-mail and a new rapier, replacing his father's old one.

Current Time
   _Xantumal arrives at Surna planning to make some shillings by working as a swordmage and possibly joining the watch or getting into some other well-paying job. He spends most of his time in the tavern taking advantage of the of the cheap ale.

Quote :

Inventory:

1x Custom Steel Rapier
Spoiler:
 

150 Shillings left after traveling.

1x Steel Chain-Mail  (Equipped)
Spoiler:
 

1x Steel Vambrace (Refer to picture)

Leather Boots

Some-what fire resistant dark blue cape


-Sorry if there's spelling mistakes I worked four hours on this today and finally finished it.


Last edited by bd863 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:43 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Minor Update)
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
avatar

Posts : 458
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 22
Location : South Western Pennsylvania, 'Merica

PostSubject: Re: Xantumal Vicelord   Wed May 08, 2013 10:58 am

I'll surmise that the Vicelord family was born from a Tiefling whom... wanted to father more Tieflings I suppose, and kept seeking out other Tieflings for his offspring to marry to.

Weiseboedde is largely a farmland, just so you know; he wouldn't have too much to test his skills on besides his father, and I think Tieflings would be a little hesitant to try and test soul-burning magic against people they like. Similarly, magic doesn't develop in living creatures until they pass the age of sixteen or so.

Also, the threshold of human sight (on average) is a number we don't exactly need to worry about, except, while perhaps not quite near the speed of light, is very very very very very very very very fast. So, you might not want to say he's known as the 'Dark blur', or at least, make sure its a rumor and not an accurate depiction of his skill.

Also, I'm not sure if Planetouched is the right word to use for a Tiefling. It's a racial restriction that inhibits magic, not a soul based one (that no one really knows anything about). Just saying, it may clarify that he is not so much planetouched, as he is just Tiefling-ly able.

Similarly, Planetouched/Racially-inhibited people are usually grouped in with the people that are magically disabled. So, his disinterest in magically apt peoples would be... paradoxical, or hypocritical. Just saying, based on how magic works, its two entirely different ballgames.

_________________
Character Syllabus:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
bd863
Giant Scrub
avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2012-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Xantumal Vicelord   Wed May 08, 2013 11:20 am

Dominator046 wrote:
I'll surmise that the Vicelord family was born from a Tiefling whom... wanted to father more Tieflings I suppose, and kept seeking out other Tieflings for his offspring to marry to.

Weiseboedde is largely a farmland, just so you know; he wouldn't have too much to test his skills on besides his father, and I think Tieflings would be a little hesitant to try and test soul-burning magic against people they like. Similarly, magic doesn't develop in living creatures until they pass the age of sixteen or so.

Also, the threshold of human sight (on average) is a number we don't exactly need to worry about, except, while perhaps not quite near the speed of light, is very very very very very very very very fast. So, you might not want to say he's known as the 'Dark blur', or at least, make sure its a rumor and not an accurate depiction of his skill.

Also, I'm not sure if Planetouched is the right word to use for a Tiefling. It's a racial restriction that inhibits magic, not a soul based one (that no one really knows anything about). Just saying, it may clarify that he is not so much planetouched, as he is just Tiefling-ly able.

Similarly, Planetouched/Racially-inhibited people are usually grouped in with the people that are magically disabled. So, his disinterest in magically apt peoples would be... paradoxical, or hypocritical. Just saying, based on how magic works, its two entirely different ballgames.

I may have got planetouched confused with pure, also I removed the dark blur part but the point is; he can run fast. Also sixteen I categorized in early life(Ages 5-19). -Fixed

Also, about the fire magic practicing if there's farm land there's a lot of empty space to practice I'd assume.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
avatar

Posts : 458
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 22
Location : South Western Pennsylvania, 'Merica

PostSubject: Re: Xantumal Vicelord   Wed May 08, 2013 11:25 am

bd863 wrote:
I may have got planetouched confused with pure, also I removed the dark blur part but the point is; he can run fast. Also sixteen I categorized in early life(Ages 5-19). -Fixed

Also, about the fire magic practicing if there's farm land there's a lot of empty space to practice I'd assume.

Hmm, alrighty, with all of that ironed out, I see no issues. I'd like to see some RP on server first before I lean towards passing out an accept on this one.

_________________
Character Syllabus:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2012-06-09
Location : Surna, Sanctimonia

PostSubject: Re: Xantumal Vicelord   Wed May 08, 2013 12:52 pm

Tiefling, nhn.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
avatar

Posts : 629
Join date : 2012-02-22
Age : 22
Location : Paradise City, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Xantumal Vicelord   Wed May 08, 2013 11:55 pm

Just offering some nitpicking, but this overall looks fine.

Occitan is notorious for their intolerance for magic and other races. It would be hard for a tiefling to thrive in the intolerant regions of the old Holy Occitanian Empire. This is shown in the backstory well.

The term "Swordmage" is unknown, perhaps you're looking for "Spellsword"?

Tiefling purebloods are not really a race or even an extension of the tiefling race. It is a more social term used by the tieflings that is born out of arrogance and the need to be the social elite. Being a pureblood doesn't truly give the tiefling any "bonus" of sorts, only letting others know that he/she is of a tiefling generation and, therefor, giving reason for the more dominant tiefling traits resembling a humanoid demon.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
avatar

Posts : 458
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 22
Location : South Western Pennsylvania, 'Merica

PostSubject: Re: Xantumal Vicelord   Thu May 09, 2013 6:14 am

BooM wrote:
Just offering some nitpicking, but this overall looks fine.

Occitan is notorious for their intolerance for magic and other races. It would be hard for a tiefling to thrive in the intolerant regions of the old Holy Occitanian Empire. This is shown in the backstory well.

The term "Swordmage" is unknown, perhaps you're looking for "Spellsword"?

Tiefling purebloods are not really a race or even an extension of the tiefling race. It is a more social term used by the tieflings that is born out of arrogance and the need to be the social elite. Being a pureblood doesn't truly give the tiefling any "bonus" of sorts, only letting others know that he/she is of a tiefling generation and, therefor, giving reason for the more dominant tiefling traits resembling a humanoid demon.

So if I look under the Tiefling lore written by Krug and reposted by you, there won't be a segment regarding Tieflings of 'Pure Blood'? XP

_________________
Character Syllabus:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
avatar

Posts : 629
Join date : 2012-02-22
Age : 22
Location : Paradise City, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Xantumal Vicelord   Thu May 09, 2013 6:50 am

Of course there is a segment on pure tieflings, doesn't mean they are more special than a regular tieflings. Pure tieflings, as I have said, have more dominant features compared to the rest of the tiefling population because of the long line of tiefling parents, grandparents, ect. Pure tieflings can be made even without a generation of tieflings. They can be given massive amounts of demonic corruption to change them at an early age to rival the features of a 5th generation tiefling.


Last edited by BooM on Thu May 09, 2013 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
avatar

Posts : 458
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 22
Location : South Western Pennsylvania, 'Merica

PostSubject: Re: Xantumal Vicelord   Thu May 09, 2013 6:51 am

BooM wrote:
Of course there is a segment on pure tieflings, doesn't mean they are more special than a regular tieflings. Pure tieflings, as I have said, have more dominant features compared to the rest of the tiefling population because of the long line of tiefling parents, grandparents, ect.

Fair enough, that doesn't change me wanting to wait on RP before hitting the accept-buzzer.

_________________
Character Syllabus:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
bd863
Giant Scrub
avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2012-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Xantumal Vicelord   Thu May 09, 2013 6:57 am

BooM wrote:
Just offering some nitpicking, but this overall looks fine.

Occitan is notorious for their intolerance for magic and other races. It would be hard for a tiefling to thrive in the intolerant regions of the old Holy Occitanian Empire. This is shown in the backstory well.

The term "Swordmage" is unknown, perhaps you're looking for "Spellsword"?

Tiefling purebloods are not really a race or even an extension of the tiefling race. It is a more social term used by the tieflings that is born out of arrogance and the need to be the social elite. Being a pureblood doesn't truly give the tiefling any "bonus" of sorts, only letting others know that he/she is of a tiefling generation and, therefor, giving reason for the more dominant tiefling traits resembling a humanoid demon.

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
avatar

Posts : 335
Join date : 2012-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Xantumal Vicelord   Fri May 10, 2013 12:01 pm

Seems okay to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Xantumal Vicelord   

Back to top Go down
 
Xantumal Vicelord
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Approval-
Jump to: