Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Surnan Watch and You (and or, Munroe)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

Surnan Watch and You (and or, Munroe) Empty
PostSubject: Surnan Watch and You (and or, Munroe)   Surnan Watch and You (and or, Munroe) EmptyWed 24 Apr 2013 - 15:25

Hello everyone, I just have a quick question to pose to the general server.

Where is the Surnan Watch?

They are rather well supplied, as of recently, also lead directly by some rather intimidating looking elites. This would definitely have helped several times throughout the server's activity recently, and or, just knowing that these things exist. I mean, force grenades packed with argentium? Wowza, that could've fucked some kids up (and or saved Pat and Ruta simultaneously).

I merely wish to ask, where did the watch go, or at least the upholding of their IC standards? I've noticed Munroe has largely left the building, as is his right to do so. However, this vacancy has created a lapse in the Surnan Watch, basically making it a group of farmhands holding pitchforks at abominable monsters.

I vote, if Munroe is unable to portray them as they should be portrayed, it falls to all of us to properly play the Watch as it should be played. The Surnan Watch, from what I've seen on the forums, is not a very push-over organization. Sure,t here are probably recruits you could push over; however, I feel they have to means to really respond int he case of a threat. So far, I've only seen the Blackwatch do any real damage, while in fact I feel the Surnan Watch could participate. Also, I don't believe the Watch to be nearly as corruptible under the leadership of Volten Ogoni as it would be under another leader, such as what I believe Halberry to have been.

Evidence on my part:
The Watch
The Watch Information
The Watch Equipment
Volten Ogo-SHIT, his bio isn't here anymore. Guess he doesn't exist.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Surnan Watch and You (and or, Munroe)   Surnan Watch and You (and or, Munroe) EmptyWed 24 Apr 2013 - 16:14

The Watch is still there. It's been an ongoing policy of the Administration to accurately depict the Watch where they could be found on patrol, or on guard. We've tried our best to roleplay Watch presence as one would a normal character, and not disposable NPCs. However, with the recent attacks, the city has been forced to escalate to a state of martial law, meaning the military has temporary control over Surna. At this moment, both the Watch and the local military garrison (the Black Watch) have both been mobilized, so at times it's been prudent to depict the Black Watch responding to city threats.

Furthermore, the Watch is not really a paramilitary force designed to strike out at threats and defend the city in times of war, like the old Talibarian Guard was. So the Black Watch would obviously have more 'striking power' in events like the first battle with Vladislav and the battle against the Southron Devils.

I'm actually looking at an old thread about the Talibarian Guard about not just ignoring their presence. I may make a thread detailing the current level of alert in the city; suffice to say, it's at fuck-con 1.

As an aside, that equipment upgrade was made before Argentium was hella expensive. It's still possible that Volten made a bulk order of regular silver via the city and then treated them himself, to be distributed afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Surnan Watch and You (and or, Munroe)   Surnan Watch and You (and or, Munroe) EmptyWed 24 Apr 2013 - 16:35

Oh, also, Munroe's kind of gone again. So.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Surnan Watch and You (and or, Munroe)   Surnan Watch and You (and or, Munroe) EmptyWed 24 Apr 2013 - 16:46

Pat wrote:
As an aside, that equipment upgrade was made before Argentium was hella expensive. It's still possible that Volten made a bulk order of regular silver via the city and then treated them himself, to be distributed afterwards.

that would be reasonable, as well, Argentium coating for weapons wouldn't be vastly expensive. But when you ask for like 40 rods of pure silver, things might be expensive. Also, might change it a little, or at least balance other things around that. Still trying to tune dat Economy to a happy place.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Surnan Watch and You (and or, Munroe)   Surnan Watch and You (and or, Munroe) EmptySat 27 Apr 2013 - 13:37

I would like to ask where the Watchman Elite are, and what they're doing?
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Surnan Watch and You (and or, Munroe)   Surnan Watch and You (and or, Munroe) EmptyMon 1 Jul 2013 - 19:30

The silver was bought with a cash infusion by Sanctimonia's national government, and treated personally by Volten, using holy fire. Grenades were made by local alchemists and modified with the blessed silver/Argentium/whatever. Grenades and blessed weapons were issued to officers only, which explains their infrequent use. Most guardsmen also received blessed, silver-coated ball rounds, which should have been in use up until now.

The Elite Guardsman program never really took off due to budget (and various OOC) problems, but there are a handful of them. They're assigned to the most dangerous or desperate security situations, such as a direct attack on the town by an external force, or dealing with a powerful threat that (again) threatens the town directly. Basically, they're Surna's panic button.

Volten has vacated his post as Watch Commander for the second time now. His reasons are as follows:
- The extreme stress of being Watch Commander to a town as utterly screwed as Surna was slowly driving him insane.
- The city was becoming extremely unsafe for him and more importantly, his sister (the blind tiefling).
- There was severe unrest in his home country of Inferia (rioting, instability, governmental collapse), which has since vanished off the face of Aeria along with the rest of Kerodil. Presumably, Volten vanished with it.

Kerodil's removal was an IC occurrence (or not, depending on whether or not you regard it as canon). Regardless, Volten is gone and very unlikely to ever return. I would recommend filling his position. I know my word carries little weight, but I think Dom or one of the other admins would be a good choice.

I think that's everything that needed to be said. I'll be in touch if anything else comes up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surnan Watch and You (and or, Munroe)   Surnan Watch and You (and or, Munroe) Empty

Back to top Go down

Surnan Watch and You (and or, Munroe)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Boards :: Help & Support-
Jump to: