Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shaheer Ajeer

Go down 
+3
Atlas
Black Banana Party
bd863
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bd863
Giant Scrub
bd863

Shaheer Ajeer Empty
PostSubject: Shaheer Ajeer   Shaheer Ajeer EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 3:16 pm

High Priest Shaheer Ajeer

Spoiler:

Quote :

Basic Information:
Race: Human
Languages: Common, Sidan, Some Sahik
Birthplace: Kar'Rasa
Deity: Mon-Hyrilik
Hair Color: Black
Hair Style: Short
Eye Color: Light Brown
Skin Tone: Tanned
Height: 5'8
Weight: 145lbs
Body Type: Muscular, Mesomorph

Appearance: Shaheer has on Traditional Indurmasti Priest clothing. He wears his headgear in public due to tradition.

Quote :
Personality:
Shaheer is a middle aged man who has devoted most of his life to his religion. He thinks of himself highly and thinks non-magic users are inferior. Shaheer can have a short temper at times, causing him to become dangerous to be by.

Quote :
Magic Abilities:

Animancy:
Necromancy - Shaheer has studied Necromancy nearly all of his life. He is an expert in Necromancy having nearly Thirty years of experience.

Inhalation: Using the power of death at the necromancer's command, he is able to reanimate up to five corpses around his person. The more bodies resurrected spreads out the same amount of power between them.

Call to the Grave: With a foul sounding chant in a language forgotten to mankind, the priest creates a sphere of palpable rotting essence, which can be projected towards the target.

Grasp of the Afterlife: Drawing from the corpse of the void slain by Mon-Hyrilik, doomed to rise again, the priest draws forth the power from that nothing, and is able to cast forth a cone of freezing cold. This frost is beyond simple elemental magic, it can damage down to the soul.

Maw of the Earth: Powerful necromancy is worked by the words and weave of the necromancer, forming a mighty titan from the dead Earth beneath his feet to destroy the priest's foes. This spell requires less time to cast if the necromancer has minions summoned at the ready, but, will draw them into the titan's creation. Casting Inhalation will cause the titan to rot unto death.

Forbidden Curse: The necromancer utters a foul, slanderous line in a tongue almost dreadful to even behold. This incantation draws forth all the power amassed by the caster, and gives the area a presentation of death made manifest. The area is blanketed in an aura of corruption, which obscures sunlight, and draws a light miasma. Similarly, the air is cold, and continues to dig in at all nearby persons who stand before the mighty necromancer.

Voice Of Death: The necromancer chants a harsh sounding line, causing whales and cries of the dead to infest the target's mind, disorienting the person and making it extremely hard to focus. Depending on how long this occurs it may even cause short term paranoia.

Life Drain:The necromancer first weaves allowing him to channel his magic abilities, then drains the life out of vegetation and small earth based living things through physical contact.

Spirit Bind: The highly skilled necromancer chants within the area of the spirit causing ghosts or shades bind to him. Making them into an efficient energy source when needed. He could free them at will, or when they have been depleted of energy.

Scrolls - Shaheer has learned the art of inscription through trial and error. Throughout his priesthood he has much time to develop his skills of inscription, he can put most spells on paper as long as he knows them.

Quote :
Other Magic Usage Information:
Shaheer casts/weaves at a moderate speed, faster then most. More advanced the spell is the longer it takes to weave. He casts/weaves through a mix of chants and hand motions.

Quote :
Inventory:

- 150 Shillings

- 2x Iron Kukris (Sheathed, one at each side)

- Three Vials of Special Ink mixed with flakes of Gold (Used to make scrolls)

- 5x Waterskins (Used to hold small amounts of water and can be drank from.)

- Indurmasti Priest Headdress and Clothing.

- Sacrificial Silver Dagger (Hidden)

Quote :
Biography Overview:

- Born in the Kar'Rasa's East Desert in a large town.

- Becomes deeply committed to his religion as a young boy while helping his father tend the fields.

- At the age of Fourteen he shows signs of magic abilities.

- One year later his father encourages him to become a priest and so he does.

- Begins the art of Necromancy being trained by Indurmasti Priests.

- Becomes initiated as a Priest at the age of Twenty, he is well educated in the art of necromancy and begins working in the Death Church.

- After Fifteen years of service to the church his father passes away due to illness and his mother becomes depressed. He begins his studies and starts to learn Inscription.

- Shaheer continues working in the Death Church for another five years, and becomes a High Priest due to his Twenty total years of commitment and strengthens his skills in Inscription. He finishes his study of Necromancy and leaves one night and heads to Sida on a camel.

- After many many weeks he makes his way through Sida and kills his camel, sacrificing it to Mon-Hyrilik for forgiveness and heads to Surna on foot.

- Big thanks to dom for helping me with 95% of this.

Last edited by bd863 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:00 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Black Banana Party
Giant Scrub
Black Banana Party

Shaheer Ajeer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaheer Ajeer   Shaheer Ajeer EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 4:29 am

Doesn't seem really overpowered in a sense, and he's a polygamist... I can dig that.

I take that back, I missed the whole mithril floating tank part.

Last edited by Black Banana Party on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

Shaheer Ajeer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaheer Ajeer   Shaheer Ajeer EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:42 am

Just as a note, to use spells like feather fall and slow, you need to use some sort of force be it wind. That having said, to levitate himself with lots of armour on, that takes lots of strength.

Someone confirm this for me, just to make sure. This just makes it more difficult to actually be casting more than one spell at a time. (Gotta multitask with the wind, having it both below him, pushing up and doing whatever he is to the other person.)
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

Shaheer Ajeer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaheer Ajeer   Shaheer Ajeer EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 8:30 am

Atlas wrote:
Just as a note, to use spells like feather fall and slow, you need to use some sort of force be it wind. That having said, to levitate himself with lots of armour on, that takes lots of strength.

Someone confirm this for me, just to make sure. This just makes it more difficult to actually be casting more than one spell at a time. (Gotta multitask with the wind, having it both below him, pushing up and doing whatever he is to the other person.)

Actually, no. Feather Fall and Slow are Abjuration-type spells and involve the manipulation of physics. So for example when using Feather Fall he reduces the effect of gravity on his body and during Slow he increases the effect of gravity. As for levitating himself, it would be difficult, but with his experience he could reverse natural gravity and then cancel that out quickly enough as not to get thrown into space.

As for the character... there's something I need to discuss with you over Steam so add me, steam name is Noodle.

Also, being Arcaneum-trained he would also have a general experience with all the schools of magic, so throw in some basic Evocation, Illusion, Conjuration, Necromancy, perhaps a Translocation spell as well. Just don't go saying he makes giant eagles out of fire and flies around burning entire cities... *cough* PAT *cough*

Last edited by noodle on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

Shaheer Ajeer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaheer Ajeer   Shaheer Ajeer EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 8:34 am

So... he's a floating mithril tank, right?

I honestly don't know where to begin? I mean, these powerful characters are dropping from the sky, and this one takes the cake. Seriously, he is a floating mithril tank that can heal itself. = /

I mean... damn. I hate to be a whistle blower here, but, I think this one might be a little too spooky for me; at least, in its current state, I'd like to see someone pose a roleplaying situation in which this guy has a chance of being defeated.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

Shaheer Ajeer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaheer Ajeer   Shaheer Ajeer EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 8:41 am

Dominator046 wrote:
So... he's a floating mithril tank, right?

I honestly don't know where to begin? I mean, these powerful characters are dropping from the sky, and this one takes the cake. Seriously, he is a floating mithril tank that can heal itself. = /

I mean... damn. I hate to be a whistle blower here, but, I think this one might be a little too spooky for me; at least, in its current state, I'd like to see someone pose a roleplaying situation in which this guy has a chance of being defeated.

*cough* Tieflings *cough*

Muthafukin Tiefling Lore wrote:
Tieflings possess an ability similar to those who are planetouched. They can call upon flames to coat part of their body for a brief period of time, without use of a weave. With their inborn ability to resist fire, the tieflings can do this without risk of bodily harm. Tieflings should be weary, though, of Aten's and Tyr's Holy flames, being divine magic, it transcends a tiefling's resistance to fire. Being of demon-blood, tiefling's fire have an aura of unholiness about them, and as such burn not only at flesh, but also at the soul itself. Not enough to kill, but enough to render one's sacred field useless. Only divine healing can mend one's sacred field after such an event.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

Shaheer Ajeer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaheer Ajeer   Shaheer Ajeer EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 8:47 am

noodle wrote:
*cough* Tieflings *cough*

Muthafukin Tiefling Lore wrote:
Tieflings possess an ability similar to those who are planetouched. They can call upon flames to coat part of their body for a brief period of time, without use of a weave. With their inborn ability to resist fire, the tieflings can do this without risk of bodily harm. Tieflings should be weary, though, of Aten's and Tyr's Holy flames, being divine magic, it transcends a tiefling's resistance to fire. Being of demon-blood, tiefling's fire have an aura of unholiness about them, and as such burn not only at flesh, but also at the soul itself. Not enough to kill, but enough to render one's sacred field useless. Only divine healing can mend one's sacred field after such an event.

Mithril resists magic, holy and unholy, period. Can even resist blight to a certain extent.

Anyways, I'm not trying to totally shoot the character down. I'm just saying, I don't know where to begin to make this concept work. In addition to the danger posed by leaving Maalik, and the fact that Marcus Olm probably would've hounded him beforehand; what he's capable of is greater more so than what I believe our greatest event characters can equal up to. I mean... does anyone even know Vitamancy anymore? = /

I guess this leaves me at a pending, while I wait and see how this character will act, and if perhaps things should be changed.

Last edited by Dominator046 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

Shaheer Ajeer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaheer Ajeer   Shaheer Ajeer EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 9:15 am

Dominator046 wrote:
Mithril resists magic, holy and unholy, period. Can even resist blight to a certain extent.

Anyways, I'm not trying to totally shoot the character down. I'm just saying, I don't know where to begin to make this concept work. In addition to the danger posed by leaving Maalik, and the fact that Marcus Olm probably would've hounded him beforehand; what he's capable of is greater more so than what I believe our greatest event characters can equal up to. I mean... does anyone even know Vitamancy anymore? = /

Been talking with Dom. Polygamy is from Muhsin, which is the place Marcus took over and killed many of the slavers. Next any people native to Maalik and graduated from the Arcaneum are required to stay in Maalik from Marcus' laws. Anyone who doesn't is hunted down and killed by Marcus' demons. Next, mithril armor would be really expensive.

It just seems you grabbed everything and put it in one character...
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

Shaheer Ajeer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaheer Ajeer   Shaheer Ajeer EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:05 am

Also, Mithril Armour would be ungodly heavy. You're an old frail man and old frail men don't wear heavy armour.
Back to top Go down
bd863
Giant Scrub
bd863

Shaheer Ajeer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaheer Ajeer   Shaheer Ajeer EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:45 am

I updated the misunderstood armor part of it, I am going to heavily edit the bio. Reason is because you can't flee Maalik without being killed so BooM linked me to another place to learn magic. So please refrain from posting, I'll get working on the bio and will most likely finish in a day or two.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

Shaheer Ajeer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaheer Ajeer   Shaheer Ajeer EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 2:46 pm

noodle wrote:
Also, Mithril Armour would be ungodly heavy. You're an old frail man and old frail men don't wear heavy armour.

Mithril armor is actually lighter than other plate, but, it would still be a bit heavy to have a raw plate of it over your chest. Good point.
Back to top Go down
bd863
Giant Scrub
bd863

Shaheer Ajeer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaheer Ajeer   Shaheer Ajeer EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:57 am

*bump* completely redone, just kept the name.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

Shaheer Ajeer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaheer Ajeer   Shaheer Ajeer EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 6:01 am

I will attest to the lore he used, as I wrote it personally, at the behest and approval of Spadge.

I'm happy to see it used, and I'd be willing to see him through his grace period.
Back to top Go down
bd863
Giant Scrub
bd863

Shaheer Ajeer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaheer Ajeer   Shaheer Ajeer EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:29 am

*bump*
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

Shaheer Ajeer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaheer Ajeer   Shaheer Ajeer EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:29 pm

Dominator046 wrote:
I will attest to the lore he used, as I wrote it personally, at the behest and approval of Spadge.

Well knowing that Dom wrote it there's no way I could possibly acce-

Nah I'm just bullshitting. I would like Pat to have a look at the necromancy stuff though, since he had Olden's most powerful necromancer character and more or less wrote the book on it.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

Shaheer Ajeer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaheer Ajeer   Shaheer Ajeer EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 3:52 pm

Rutabega wrote:
Dominator046 wrote:

Well knowing that Dom wrote it there's no way I could possibly acce-

Nah I'm just bullshitting. I would like Pat to have a look at the necromancy stuff though, since he had Olden's most powerful necromancer character and more or less wrote the book on it.

Pat, get yer fat arse over here (and or on the Indurmasti lore that I like half showed you already)!
Back to top Go down
bd863
Giant Scrub
bd863

Shaheer Ajeer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaheer Ajeer   Shaheer Ajeer EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 3:29 pm

*bump* Pat never looked at dis
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shaheer Ajeer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaheer Ajeer   Shaheer Ajeer Empty

Back to top Go down