Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are we finished?

Go down 
+12
citricalComborginator
Blitz
Munroe
LawnJesus
Venom OPS
noodle
Black Banana Party
BooM
Dominator046
Cakebread
Rutabega
Pat
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BooM
Archmage
BooM

Are we finished? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are we finished?   Are we finished? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 8:54 am

I don't see what that would accomplish. While I agree Olden needs more active members in its administration, reviving Olden takes priority and to ensure it keeps a constant and steady playerbase.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Are we finished?   Are we finished? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 3:11 pm

BooM wrote:
I don't see what that would accomplish. While I agree Olden needs more active members in its administration, reviving Olden takes priority and to ensure it keeps a constant and steady playerbase.

This is a definite, and with Tira2 facing possible release next week, our primary concern at this point should be restoring a functional RP environment to the community. No offense, but the MUD proved both ineffective and or undesired (or just truly, truly neglected), and perhaps we need to situate ourselves back on Gmod to both resecure old players, and find some new ones.

I think I might post on this in the general topic; but, with Tira2 coming out, does anyone here know how to code it?
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus
Giant Scrub
LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: Are we finished?   Are we finished? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 11:59 pm

Was actually able to be on to talk to Munroe, and he came up with this idea:

What about changing the medium for RP? Like....Minecraft? Sure the graphics could be off-putting, but the building capabilities as well as modding and shit might make it a decent thought.
Back to top Go down
Spadge
Vengaboy
Spadge

PostSubject: Re: Are we finished?   Are we finished? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:19 am

Tiramisu 2 has been released for gmod 13, so we may be looking at a revived server in the near future. You'll need a fresh install of garry'smod, because any old files you had in gmod 12 will cause problems in 13.

Though it might be prudent to have a backup for when Garry fucks shit up again.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Are we finished?   Are we finished? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:58 am

LawnJesus wrote:
What about changing the medium for RP? Like....Minecraft? Sure the graphics could be off-putting, but the building capabilities as well as modding and shit might make it a decent thought.

A medium change is something I discussed with Spadge once or twice, and while it would change a lot of things to varying degrees; I will say that it is not entirely an offputting idea. However; not many people are fond enough of minecraft in this community (from what I've heard from them) to accept that as a new medium. I could be wrong of course, but I remember the subject being brought up once or twice in hypethetical.

A medium change I had suggested was a switch to the MMO Age of Conan: Hyborean Adventures. While it wouldn't have guns (and in honest, we don't even really have them aside passing of fMirabelle SWEPs to ECs on Gmod) we would have everything else, brilliant playfields, some bugfixes finally provided by the company that long ran Age of Conan into the ground. We could most likely attract new RPers on the Wiccana server, should we decide to be US based, and the Euro servers are doing better, or so I've been lead to believe.

Lotro is a similar option, and as is a hundred other mediums; if it's a viable choice in the future, maybe it's one we should consider. However, with Tira2 revived, perhaps we should look at a return to Garry's Mod as our best option. = )
Back to top Go down
Spadge
Vengaboy
Spadge

PostSubject: Re: Are we finished?   Are we finished? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 9:31 am

I also wonder if one of the Neverwinter Nights games might work as an alternative. Also no guns, as far as I know, but there's character creation, and the campaign editor could open up a lot of options map wise. But some people might be put off by a D&D game.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus
Giant Scrub
LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: Are we finished?   Are we finished? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 10:10 am

I don't think I'd mind. If it's a good medium for RP and it isn't ridiculously expensive, I'm down.
Back to top Go down
Talatandi
Scrub
Talatandi

PostSubject: Re: Are we finished?   Are we finished? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 1:16 am

We talking NWN1 or NWN2? I got the disks for the first one.
Back to top Go down
http://Facepunch.com
Spadge
Vengaboy
Spadge

PostSubject: Re: Are we finished?   Are we finished? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 6:23 am

Talatandi wrote:
We talking NWN1 or NWN2? I got the disks for the first one.

I was talking NWN 1. The infinitely superior game to 2. I've still got to sit down and build a demonstration area in the editor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are we finished?   Are we finished? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Are we finished?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Boards :: General Chat-
Jump to: