Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oph'elie the Mad

Go down 
+3
Spadge
Dominator046
noodle
7 posters
AuthorMessage
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

Oph'elie the Mad Empty
PostSubject: Oph'elie the Mad   Oph'elie the Mad EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 11:20 am

Oph'elie the Mad Enchanted_green_by_isbjorg-d519lzb

Physicality
Spoiler:

Biography
Spoiler:

Inventory
Spoiler:

Skills
Spoiler:

Ailments
Spoiler:

Last edited by noodle on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:30 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

Oph'elie the Mad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oph'elie the Mad   Oph'elie the Mad EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 9:06 am

Quote :
1,500 Nobles
30 pounds of pure gold coins.

That... is a lot... a lot... of money.

Like... a lot. Like a hundred fifty thousand shillings a lot.

In addition to this being a bit of a high number for me to give an approval for, I also think I should bring up something of mention about leather. Some leathers are better than others for different things, I believe Cow leather is in fact the best in terms of tensile strength at exterior hardness, kangaroo leather being the most flexible and the most elastic (also the leather used for Indiana Jones Whips), and bear being... well, badass as a status symbol, but truth be told, I haven't seen any reports or anything to suggest it's any better than any other in any facet, other than being naturally available in a large, thick amount due to the animal it's harvested from.

Human flesh, and leather thereof, may not be as functional as other leathers, as some leathers aren't as functional as others. I'm just curious as to how well human leather would perform, not turned off to by the idea.

I sort of like characters that have a particular bonus to their abilities in certain situations, however, I also like to see these abilities capped so they can't reach a rediculously high buff. Perhaps set a cap for her damage bonus / penalty?

I like the design, just a few nicks and tucks and I think we'll be good to go.

Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

Oph'elie the Mad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oph'elie the Mad   Oph'elie the Mad EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:03 am

Dominator046 wrote:
Quote :
1,500 Nobles
30 pounds of pure gold coins.

That... is a lot... a lot... of money.

Like... a lot. Like a hundred fifty thousand shillings a lot.

In addition to this being a bit of a high number for me to give an approval for, I also think I should bring up something of mention about leather. Some leathers are better than others for different things, I believe Cow leather is in fact the best in terms of tensile strength at exterior hardness, kangaroo leather being the most flexible and the most elastic (also the leather used for Indiana Jones Whips), and bear being... well, badass as a status symbol, but truth be told, I haven't seen any reports or anything to suggest it's any better than any other in any facet, other than being naturally available in a large, thick amount due to the animal it's harvested from.

Human flesh, and leather thereof, may not be as functional as other leathers, as some leathers aren't as functional as others. I'm just curious as to how well human leather would perform, not turned off to by the idea.

I sort of like characters that have a particular bonus to their abilities in certain situations, however, I also like to see these abilities capped so they can't reach a rediculously high buff. Perhaps set a cap for her damage bonus / penalty?

I like the design, just a few nicks and tucks and I think we'll be good to go.

We are talking about, and I cannot stress this enough, the HEIR to one of the noble houses of Ahdsur.

As far as human leather goes, I said it was the "finest"
That Book With All The Words wrote:
fine
adjective
fin·er fin·est
Definition of FINE
: free from impurity
a : very thin in gauge or texture <fine thread>
b : not coarse <fine sand>
: delicate, subtle, or sensitive in quality, perception, or discrimination <a fine distinction>
: superior in kind, quality, or appearance : excellent <a fine job> <a fine day> <fine wines>

Also,
http://www.humanleather.co.uk/faqs.html wrote:
Human leather is made from real full thickness human skin. Just like animal leather products, produced from lesser animals, our raw human skin is transformed into the finest grade human leather by using a traditional tanning process. However, human leather is the finest grain leather that is obtainable.

It is free from defects and has the smallest grain size which makes it the smoothest, softest leather on Earth.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

Oph'elie the Mad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oph'elie the Mad   Oph'elie the Mad EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 1:17 pm

bumpidy bump bump bumpidy bump bump look at that Frosty go.
Back to top Go down
Spadge
Vengaboy
Spadge

Oph'elie the Mad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oph'elie the Mad   Oph'elie the Mad EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 3:53 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Oph'elie the Mad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oph'elie the Mad   Oph'elie the Mad EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 5:41 pm

Yeah, I shouldn't be doing this, but...

noodle wrote:
We are talking about, and I cannot stress this enough, the HEIR to one of the noble houses of Ahdsur.

You can try and justify it, but the only real reason this character has 1,500 nobles is because you established her as having 1,500 nobles with the biography you wrote. The way she went about obtaining them is somewhat questionable, too...
  • What made her decide to start killing people? Millions of elves in Aeria are content with hunting just animals for all of their very long lives, and there's nothing to suggest she would have reason to simply become a killer. It's not something the average person does on a whim. So maybe she's just plain nuts. I guess that makes sense, sort of.
  • It's interesting that no one ever tried to stop her in her killing spree. Working alone, it can be very difficult to get away with these kinds of things.
  • Her mad quest leads her to spontaneously decide to hunt and kill some noble. The details here are extremely lacking, she just sneaks into some guy's house, kills the guards, and makes off with an infant like a pro. For no reason.
  • Now here's where the story gets really shaky. She gets on a ship to the mainland as part of the ransom agreement, presumably to escape the authorities from Ahdsur (who in elven-controlled Sanctimonia would probably still be around) and fools the guards by... placing the baby in her cot. This guard, working alone (even though just prior it said everyone was in on it) stabs the cot, kills the kid, and walks away without checking to see what he just did. Not only does the baby in the cot fool him, he doesn't think to check and make sure Oph'elie is dead. What a dumbass.
  • Worse still, she sneaks over to the captain, tells him what happened, and he... charges his crew with mutiny? The person he and his crew was hired to assassinate is standing right there in front of him and he just lets her go and punishes his crew who stupidly killed the very person they were supposed to protect. They've been at sea for far too long, I think. Even worse still, the captain knows about her gold but is apparently completely selfless on top of being a drooling buffoon.
  • She then goes to Surna, which is nowhere near the coast, for no real reason. You could at least try to think of something.

Overall, this story isn't just unrealistic (which, in a fantasy setting, can be acceptable to a point). It's poorly thought out. It just feels rushed, almost lazy. You want a super-wealthy, highly-skilled assassin without doing your homework? I suggest playing Assassin's Creed. Or Thief, if you like old-school games.

Also, thanks for that very creepy website link. I can't say I trust any of their claims, any more than I would trust a coffee producer that claims to make the best coffee in the world. And these guys make human leather. I have to go talk to the FBI now.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

Oph'elie the Mad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oph'elie the Mad   Oph'elie the Mad EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:56 am

• Fixed Spadge's issue with the bow.
  • Removed the human leather issue.
  • Edited motive
  • Removed the issue with the nobles.
  • Toned down wealth
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

Oph'elie the Mad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oph'elie the Mad   Oph'elie the Mad EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 7:18 am

i quite enjoy the new direction, and I see no major issues... still a lot of money... but perhaps some people are able to start with such, and can be allowed to have such a character based on their roleplaying ability. From what I've seen on the server, thirty nobles isn't terribly drastic; maybe she should've already spent some, but, it's not a deal breaker for me.

HOWEVER, there is one lore contradiction that needs addressed. To what is the altar dedicated to? Though there are those who follow Nazu, she doesn't directly bestow blessing, nor does she acknowledge followers. As I discussed with Pat with the Wargs, they work because they have a religious tie to Nazu just as they have with each other; it's business. It helps them, it brings them together, and they thrive in it. they may honor her, some more than others, but I don't think any, perhaps save for the leader, revere Nazu much more than a sort of helpful business partner.

Sure, she can be insane and revel in her insanity and thank Nazu for it, but I wanted to establish that that's all that it would be.

Now... when I get down to writing the lore on VELECAR... well, he may more reward your violent tendencies. = 3

Oh hell, I'll toss you the accept. = P

Last edited by Dominator046 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cakebread
Vengaboy
Cakebread

Oph'elie the Mad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oph'elie the Mad   Oph'elie the Mad EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:35 am

It seems kosher now.
I'll chip in an accept.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

Oph'elie the Mad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oph'elie the Mad   Oph'elie the Mad EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:00 am

Pending, want to see the roleplay.
Back to top Go down
Spadge
Vengaboy
Spadge

Oph'elie the Mad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oph'elie the Mad   Oph'elie the Mad EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:09 am

I really like the new biography and the way it flows. This has my accept, assuming it doesn't become a character based around PKs.

Only other thing I would like addressed is Dom's concern. Is she supposed to be receiving a blessing for her sacrifices, or is it simply a compulsion of her madness?
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

Oph'elie the Mad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oph'elie the Mad   Oph'elie the Mad EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:12 am

Spadge wrote:
I really like the new biography and the way it flows. This has my accept, assuming it doesn't become a character based around PKs.

Only other thing I would like addressed is Dom's concern. Is she supposed to be receiving a blessing for her sacrifices, or is it simply a compulsion of her madness?

I won't ever force a PK when I kill, but when I kill it'll be an actual RPd death.

Secondly, that seems like an IC question ;)
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

Oph'elie the Mad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oph'elie the Mad   Oph'elie the Mad EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 12:17 pm

Accepted from me after examples of RP.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

Oph'elie the Mad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oph'elie the Mad   Oph'elie the Mad EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 12:49 pm

Sure, I don't see why not.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/VenomOps
Sponsored content

Oph'elie the Mad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oph'elie the Mad   Oph'elie the Mad Empty

Back to top Go down

Oph'elie the Mad
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aeria Roleplay :: Character Compendium-
Jump to: