Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rataka Sluuv Ryat

Go down 
+2
Munroe
Skelasoldier
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Skelasoldier
Scrublet
Skelasoldier

Rataka Sluuv Ryat Empty
PostSubject: Rataka Sluuv Ryat   Rataka Sluuv Ryat EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 3:50 am

Preface: This is my first attempt at creating a Fereg character, if I have some of the lore wrong please do not hesitate to let me know so I can change it. I find it a little difficult to describe a character as a "colony" and tell you exactly how they came to be, so please if you have any concerns with the tenses that I use, message me and I will clear it up. It is definitely alright with me if this character is denied, I figured I would try to start with something I had never done before.
------------------------------------------
Specie: Maganyu
Sub-class: Vandor
Skin color: Silver
Demenor: Kind unless provoked
Affiliation: Unknown
Deity: Unknown
Number of Nyu: 80
Location of colony formation: Sultanate of Torah

Inventory:
- Small Leather Satchel (For storing metal)
- Standard "Vandor" armor
- Great Shield attached to arm

Bio:

The creation of the Vandor colony known as Rataka Sluuv Ryat is one of complexity, at first there were three other colonies of Nyu, a Vandor, and two Dof colonies. The three entities were driven out the Sultanate of Nash due to the lack of metals that existed within, in the area where they had come from, it had all been taken up by the other colonies. So they set forth farther west into the Sultanate of Torah, a bountiful plethora of precious metals which would ensure the three colonies would live in the area indefinitely. This was a problem for the blacksmiths and armor-bearers from the nearby villages, if these three entities consumed all of the unmined materials they would all be out of work.

The villagers did the unspeakable to the colonies, they dug a hole into the roof of the cave where an oasis was currently resting and flooded it. The massive armor that protected the Vandor stood no chance for the water that relentlessly covered them; whilst the Dof colonists were able to retract into their shell and scuttle off for higher ground. With the Vandor completely killed, and the two Dof colonies suffering loss on both sides, they hid until the water had passed. The two colonies couldn't carry on without the maximum amount of Nyu, so they did the next best thing and combined together in the armor of the fallen Vandor.

The humans lost interest with the cave, the parts that hadn't been flooded had been the feasting grounds for the Nyu pests, so they left to find another cave to exploit. At this time, the 80 were now bonded together, forming the new identity of Rataka Sluuv Ryat, the Vandor colony. Their armor was chosen from the dead, the best pieces in the best condition were made into one.

Sluuv, being somewhat of an intelligent being, decided to migrate away from their home and find a place where the bias towards their kind was not as prominent. After searching for a few months, (They already knew common language) they eventually found work as a farm-hand, moving hay from place to place whilst secretly probing the earth below for metals and other tasty material. It is through the menial tasks of a farm-hand that the colony discovered the presence of Gil, metal coins.

Sluuv kept the first paycheck as a food source, it didn't take very much metal to fulfill their bodies now that they had cut back on the consumption. Eventually however, Sluuv found that these "shillings" could be traded in for an even heftier amount of raw metal. So, the Maganyu Vandor nomad set forth once again with the knowledge he had acquired to become somewhat of a civilized civilization instead of the savage scavengers of the past.

Rataka Sluuv Ryat Halo_Fanart___Hunter_by_weremagnus

Last edited by Skelasoldier on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:43 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Spoke to Venom and got a few things cleared up about the race, apologies for the misunderstanding.)
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Rataka Sluuv Ryat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rataka Sluuv Ryat   Rataka Sluuv Ryat EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 4:17 am

It's an interesting character, but based on Venom's lore, I think it takes more than five Fereg worms to form a sentient colony. Even primitive colonies that lack conscious thought have 50 or 60.
Back to top Go down
Skelasoldier
Scrublet
Skelasoldier

Rataka Sluuv Ryat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rataka Sluuv Ryat   Rataka Sluuv Ryat EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 4:39 am

Oh my, I was under the assumption that it only took five. Very sorry about that, I'll try to modify the backstory a little bit. I want the character to be able to function, but still have issues with merging into civilized life. I'm just going to go off on a limb here and say 80 Fereg worms make up the colony.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

Rataka Sluuv Ryat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rataka Sluuv Ryat   Rataka Sluuv Ryat EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 6:16 am

We can discuss this ovet steam, that way we can work out kinks. Add me, same name. venomops
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/VenomOps
Skelasoldier
Scrublet
Skelasoldier

Rataka Sluuv Ryat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rataka Sluuv Ryat   Rataka Sluuv Ryat EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:46 am

Everything has been fixed, it was a difference in comprehension on my part. I never intended it to be a Szaz but I had described it as one. Everything has been gone over with Venom and all unclearities have been made clear. Thank you for your patience.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

Rataka Sluuv Ryat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rataka Sluuv Ryat   Rataka Sluuv Ryat EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:57 am

What he said.

As for my approval, bio is good, and everything else is good. It all conforms to the lore, and that's enough to give it my Approval.

How he role-plays it is a different story, and that'll have to be seen.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

Rataka Sluuv Ryat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rataka Sluuv Ryat   Rataka Sluuv Ryat EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 10:05 am

I want to see some grace period RP from this character before I judge.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

Rataka Sluuv Ryat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rataka Sluuv Ryat   Rataka Sluuv Ryat EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 10:26 am

^ Sorry, I was thrown off my rp ball. Revoking my post, pending. Grace period is in place as soon as you play him on the server, lasts a week.
Back to top Go down
Skelasoldier
Scrublet
Skelasoldier

Rataka Sluuv Ryat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rataka Sluuv Ryat   Rataka Sluuv Ryat EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 11:10 am

Fair enough, I'll start tomorrow if that's alright. Already in a event with my human character.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

Rataka Sluuv Ryat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rataka Sluuv Ryat   Rataka Sluuv Ryat EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:20 pm

Roleplay was good, has my Approval.

0/3 Community
1/1 Moderator
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

Rataka Sluuv Ryat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rataka Sluuv Ryat   Rataka Sluuv Ryat EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 6:28 am

I didn't get to see him play, but the character design seems placed well within the sphere of what a Fereg would be. If Venom gives his approval, I'll be willing to go out on a limb and extend an Accept due to the fitting nature of the biography, and my natural gullibility.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

Rataka Sluuv Ryat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rataka Sluuv Ryat   Rataka Sluuv Ryat EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 4:07 am

I ssee this character on the server every so often, never seen RP however. I guess if everyone says it's ok I am cool with it. If not, good food for Vlad.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

Rataka Sluuv Ryat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rataka Sluuv Ryat   Rataka Sluuv Ryat EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:03 pm

Eh, what the hell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rataka Sluuv Ryat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rataka Sluuv Ryat   Rataka Sluuv Ryat Empty

Back to top Go down

Rataka Sluuv Ryat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aeria Roleplay :: Character Compendium-
Jump to: