Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy

Go down 
+3
BooM
Spadge
Dominator046
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy Empty
PostSubject: Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy   Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 7:45 am

-
Al-Jabar Kasam

Quote :
Listen in highest quality.

“You seek to know, and not to understand; this is where you fail.”

Character Biography

Quote :
Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy Schemes_of_the_scholar_by_capprotti-d496juj

Quote :

Primary Information

Basic Details
Name: Al-Jabar Kasam
Apparent Age: Fifty-One
Actual Age: One-Hundred Ten
Race: Half Human – Half Tymafar
D&D Alignment: Lawful Neutral – Leans towards Good.
Guild Affiliation: The Archivists of Light
Guild Rank: High Librarian
Philosophy: Atenistic Monism

Aesthetic Details
Skin Tone: Dusky
Eye Color: A beautiful, powerful, oceanic blue.
Hair Color: A flawless white color.
Hair Length: Fine neck length hair, drawn back and behind ears.
Facial Hair: Long thin goatee bound into a firm shape.
Weight: 159-166 lbs
Height: 6'5"
Build: Lean, healthy.

Socio-economic Details
Nationality: Sanctimonian/Archival Resident
Birthplace: Seljuk, Sida.
Economic Standing: Working Class, financially stable.
Economic Variability: Aiding people and the city of Surna.

Misc. Details
Accent: Arabic
Languages:
  • Sidan
  • Common
  • Elvish

Quote :

Character Traits
Rough Attributes:
  • Physique: His Physical Capabilities.
    <3/10> -Healthy, active, but not very strong.
  • Intelligence: His Mental Capabilities.
    <8/10> -Vastly Intelligent.
  • Attunement: His Weave/Magical Affinity and Aptitude:
    <7/10> -Born into the world, strong with magic.
  • Willpower: His Spiritual Capability and inner strength.
    <5/10> -Though easy going, and avoids conflict, Kasam has substantial drive.
  • Cunning: Craftiness and Quick Thinking
    <4/10> -Aside from mathematics or magical practice, Al-Jabar has a common level of sharpness..
  • Guile: Sleuthiness and Rogue-like nature.
    <3-10> -Kasam can tell a lie, though doesn’t like to, and may not get away with it..

Virtues:
  • Resilience - "Sidan slavemasters are among the harshest in all the world. Their lashes, ropes, and irons have set my pain tolerance, not I."
  • Keen Memory/Senses - "Half of what you perceive is what you remember, the other half of what you perceive is knowing where to look."
  • Logical - "Flights of fancy may inspire some men; to me, it is a disturbance."

Shortcomings:
  • Impersonal and Distant - "Little of my time is taken for recreation, little of that time is devoted to engaging others of my own accord."
  • Arrogant and Blunt -"I saw many die in the slums and slaveholds of Sida, and as such it is not I that will condone or accept lesser drama, even if it is self-imposed."
  • Zealous -"My life is governed by my duty to the Archivists’ Creed, and such is as it should be."

Quote :

Character Physique and Demeanor

Al-Jabar Kasam is a notably tall individual, with a slender, lithe form, taken from his elven blood and set into his dusky Sidan complexion. His features are sharp, slim and show a large mark of elegance. Al-Jabar’s shoulders are noticeably broad however, directing attention and giving a refined, authoritarian look to his charms. Atop Al-Jabar’s head is a flowing mane of ultra fine of white hair done back in long cornrows that fall into a braid. His facial features stem from a small, pointed nose and pointed chin, to flat cheeks, and prominent blue eyes; Al-Jabar’s facial features to be set in a continuous, slight scowl. Facial hair extends from his chin and comes to a point after some distance, this hair being as white and fine as what is atop his head. Al-Jabar’s complexion is an uninterrupted Deep Bronze, set in his blood and in his home nation, he has little change in hue throughout his form. Just as well, Al-Jabar is exceptionally clean, always smelling fresh, with shining white teeth, smooth hair, and in good health.

Quote :

Character Skillset

• Education and Intelligence

Overview [Adept]: Al-Jabar is a very intelligent man, who has honed his ability to comprehend with a powerful desire to learn. He has fostered this desire in all that he pursues, routinely looking into ways to better himself through teaching, apprenticeship, or meditation. Al-Jabar uses his intellect to assist in his travels through the world, where he seeks continued enlightenment. Al-Jabar’s fields of particular study are those most tied to his preferred hobbies: Divination, Alchemy, Mathematics and Astrology. Divination is Al-Jabar’s primary scholarly interest, and he is heavily skilled in its use.

• Wisdom

Overview [Adept]: Al-Jabar is a philosopher, heart and soul, he concerns himself with the why, and devours information whole and into the long term. He has no problem looking within himself and within the world in which he lives. He strives for inner enlightenment and to help himself find peace in a world that seems to show only tumult.

• Physical Survivability/Cunning

Overview [Poor]: Al-Jabar is not a man who is intent on fighting. He has unfortunately come to blows with others, but rarely has he come from these situations unscathed. He is a light limber man, with a heart directed away from violence; he fights solely in self-defense, and can only hold his own against simple ruffians and minor beasts. When he does fall into combat, he owns two daggers which he uses to defend himself. However, Al-Jabar Kasam is in fact notable in the effect that he has a rather high tolerance for pain, brought on by the struggles of his young adult life.

• Arcane/Mystical Abilities

Overview [Adept] Al-Jabar has devoted most of his life, as much of it as possible, devoted to his craft; Divination, and all its aspects. Al-Jabar wishes to bring peace to the world as much as he can, as well as to those whom he places his trust in; he sees magic as an extension of the world, and finds abusing its baser forms to cause direct harm to another sentient being truly barbaric..

• Survival Ability

Overview [Poor]: Though learned enough to pick berries and find safe shelter as well as drinking water, Al-Jabar is not your most iconic wildsman.

Quote :

Combat Archetypes, Stratagems, and Acumen:
  • Magical Fundamentals:

-Under Construction-.

• Finger Weaving

• Advanced Bifocal Cognition

• Concentration:

• Sightless Weaving and Swift Weaving:

Quote :

Character Specializations:
  • Basic:

Spoiler:

• Specifications:

Spoiler:

Quote :

Character History

Spoiler:

Quote :

The Lexicon of Light

Spells and Formulae:

Spoiler:

Magical and Spiritual Accomplishments:

Spoiler:

Recent Activity - Achievements:

Spoiler:

Quote :

Inventory

Quote :
Quality: Poor
Common
Reliable
Potent
Awesome
Epic

’The Lexicon of Light” - Item Type: Tome
Greater Scry-Sight Glass - Item Type: Magical Apparatus
The Robe of the Librarian - Item Type: Apparel: Robe
Steel Spelldaggers - Item Type: Weapon: Dual Daggers

Advanced Inventory:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Dominator046 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:50 pm; edited 14 times in total (Reason for editing : Big fuggin' update.)
Back to top Go down
Spadge
Vengaboy
Spadge

PostSubject: Re: Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy   Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 8:09 am

I like the character as a whole. My accept.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

PostSubject: Re: Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy   Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 8:19 am

Dammit, it's Aru not Pychekan. Pending while I read over it more.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

PostSubject: Re: Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy   Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 8:37 am

yes
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/VenomOps
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy   Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 8:41 am

I dislike you starting with potent magical items from the start, specifically the fact that he created his scrying monocle thing. Artificing is a skill unto itself, so knowing how to use cognimancy would not make you any more capable of making one. It really needs to have been made by someone else unless you decide to give yourself artificing as a skill. Just letting you know.

I see no problems apart from that minor detail.
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy   Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 8:55 am

Edit: On second thought, daggers are quite difficult to use and he needs some sort of defence so I Accept

Last edited by Atlas on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spadge
Vengaboy
Spadge

PostSubject: Re: Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy   Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 9:05 am

PhoenixRhapsody wrote:
I dislike you starting with potent magical items from the start, specifically the fact that he created his scrying monocle thing. Artificing is a skill unto itself, so knowing how to use cognimancy would not make you any more capable of making one. It really needs to have been made by someone else unless you decide to give yourself artificing as a skill. Just letting you know.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on any of the following.

An enchantment is spell woven into an object. To be able to enchant something the enchanter must have sufficient knowledge of the spell they want woven into the object as well as the magical power to put into the enchantment.

Seeing as Al's focus is divination, and he's old enough to have developed his power to respectable point, it's entirely plausible he could lay an enchantment on his steampunk manacle.

The "magic" daggers are only magic in the sense that enough silver is present in the blade to help conduct magic like a wand.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy   Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 12:49 pm

Spadge wrote:
PhoenixRhapsody wrote:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on any of the following.

An enchantment is spell woven into an object. To be able to enchant something the enchanter must have sufficient knowledge of the spell they want woven into the object as well as the magical power to put into the enchantment.

Seeing as Al's focus is divination, and he's old enough to have developed his power to respectable point, it's entirely plausible he could lay an enchantment on his steampunk manacle.

The "magic" daggers are only magic in the sense that enough silver is present in the blade to help conduct magic like a wand.

Kasam (or Al, whatever you prefer for short names) is a diviner, this being said, he is not an enchanter. The device is not inlaid with magic, he uses magic to operate components within the monocole, like zoom and and lens clarity, so he can work his magic within its depth. It is blue because of its importance to his character, the fact that it gives him an edge with his spells, and the complicated nature of the item; he had to have it made to his precise measurements and values by a skilled engineer.

He may not know engineering, but he is a devout mathematician and physicist (for his time at least), with the reasoning being that he uses it to help mark and control the flow of energy, force, and what have you from place to place. He would probably have first taken the design to a clocksmith, and then an actual engineer, or a lucky soul who does both, and could create this item for him either in tandam, or in stages.

Maybe, I'm not sure, but maybe he had an artificer look at the monocle, and had him/her advise and assist in making sure that the monocle would perform satisfactory. In all truth, when I think of Kasam using this device, I see no other power present than him working his own weave upon the various pieces of the monocle, inciting motion with basic weak force weaves.

I'll add this facet of the monocle to its description at some point, because it is valid. I'm glad all around that he's being looked at heavily and truthfully; even more so, I'm glad this is the case, and people like him.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy   Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 5:09 am

Updated biography and the book thing at the bottom. no longer WIP.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy   Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 5:18 pm

I really quite like this character. Certain parts of it ring true to me, and nicely reflect the world in which he came from. A fine example of a gentleman scholar and mage.

Accepted. I have one question, though. The eyepiece works mechanically, but with input from his magic? A telescope he manipulates with magic, then?
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy   Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 6:53 am

Pat wrote:
I really quite like this character. Certain parts of it ring true to me, and nicely reflect the world in which he came from. A fine example of a gentleman scholar and mage.

Accepted. I have one question, though. The eyepiece works mechanically, but with input from his magic? A telescope he manipulates with magic, then?

Aye, you seem to have it right, a 'telescope he manipulates with magic' being an accurate enough representation. I would imagine he could do the augmentation physically, through a couple odd bolts, but it's just become easy for him to perform these changes with his weave, perhaps through finger signs since the force requires would probably be miniscule and very small in area of effect.

Well, at least until Pho broke his hands. = P Silly Pho.

And while he is gentlemanly in most cases, he's VERY outspoken, as well, he's a bit introverted. He told off a girl who lives in self imposed slavery that she should be ashamed, and directed himself away from another female who he felt would bring him conflict (which he was right, she broke both of his hands).

Anyways, thank you for the accept. = D You'll probably see him on a bit later though... his hands got borked IC, so he's probably having them treated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy   Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy Empty

Back to top Go down

Al-Jabar Kasam - Of Divination and Philosophy
Page 1 of 1