Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Maul' [WIP]

Go down 
+3
Munroe
PhoenixRhapsody
Atlas
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

'Maul' [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: 'Maul' [WIP]   'Maul' [WIP] EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:38 am

'Maul' [WIP] TychusFindlay_SC2_Head2

Appearance
Spoiler:

Metagame this shit below and I will be on your ass.
Backstory-
Spoiler:

Backstory Overview
Spoiler:
Abilites-

Brute Strength-Strong enough to lift a man in full steel plating:

Toughened Skin- His skin is stronger than the average human's from his large muscular mass and constant fights he seems to get into. Stabbing him in the gut takes more effort than it would generally require. Especially while he is flexing or using his muscles

Just before anyone starts to go off and say OP OP OP OP OP OP OP, many people have characters with intelligence and crafting abilites or even magic. This man only has one thing really, and that is his strength. If anyone is wondering how he had gotten so strong or big for that matter, (This wasn't included in the backstory) But he had originally been a slave and was worked in the mines and logging industry for almost all of his childhood until he had escaped slavery. From a hereditary view, his father was a large man, while his mother was average. Its part of his body composition that he is just naturally tall and muscular.

Inventory-
94 Shillings with a 150 Shilling allowance.
Clothes- Black Doublet- Large Fine Jacket
Swog

Last edited by Atlas on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:06 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

'Maul' [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Maul' [WIP]   'Maul' [WIP] EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:02 am

I think we already have a "Mr. Muscles." Pear's character Fist. He is balanced, while this one is not. The very specific kind of balancing is relatively high stupidity for massive muscles, "all brawn no brains" if you will.

While this character lacks education, by definition, the only "massive" characters are typically so because of some form of therianthropy. Taric is my specific example of a brutally huge man, but he is an ursathrope, so that explains his muscles.

Even if your character worked hard in a mine for half of his life, he would not be that well developed. Championship weightlifters are regimented to very specific diets, but such an understanding of nutrition does not exist yet in Aeria.

Aedelric, doesn't even have that kind of musculature despite his job striking metal all day. Surely someone that is in a forge most of the day should be as big as Taric, right? Wrong. Typically, smithies were fat from drinking regularly, but tough. High endurance would be the ability of a smithy. I see no reason why your character should be like that short of RL giantism. Even then, you would be better off with an actual giant. That would be easier, but keep in mind that it requires admin approval prior to even playing on the server during the grace period. If you want a giant, ask Rutabega, Overseer, Munroe or Markka before you even make one on the server.

That is my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

'Maul' [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Maul' [WIP]   'Maul' [WIP] EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:41 am

Half Giants exist right?
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

'Maul' [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Maul' [WIP]   'Maul' [WIP] EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:54 am

I don't think it's a huge deal that he's... well, huge. If his only strength is his strength (okay I'll stop) then that doesn't make him too over-powered. If you look at Taric, he's got all this strength coupled with a really sharp sword and the knowledge of how to use it effectively.

Unlike Taric, this character seems to be lacking a certain depth. I recommend taking the time to flesh this out a bit more. The biography just describes one scene in his life, and focuses more on how he beats the shit out of his opponents than anything else. It doesn't offer much insight as to who he is and what background he comes from.

As I often do, I would like to point you to the character creation guide but also that one guide nobody reads for tips on how to create a good character.
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

'Maul' [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Maul' [WIP]   'Maul' [WIP] EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 10:40 am

Still a work in progress, wasnt done the backstory at all, I just have had a bunch of homework and tests the last two days

Gonna write a paragraph on from when he was a slave, and what had happened after the bar incident

I just have no accepted characters and needed to throw out a random app for an intended character so I could play someone
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

'Maul' [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Maul' [WIP]   'Maul' [WIP] EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 6:14 pm

Taric isn't big because he's a Therianthrope.

Taric is big because he's Taric.

Anyway, I'd double what Munroe says. While I like the mention that all he really wants is a family, but was pushed into something else because of people's perception of his size, try looking more into his own feelings and who he is. This is, technically, something that you could figure out as you play him. Meaning that I don't see much of a reason not to Accept this.

Also, the character's picture and lack of social skills reminds me of the default "strong" character in Fallout 1.
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

'Maul' [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Maul' [WIP]   'Maul' [WIP] EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 6:24 am

Changed race from Human to Half Giant (They exist :O)

Made him a bit taller

Gonna include a more detailed backstory in a bit
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

'Maul' [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Maul' [WIP]   'Maul' [WIP] EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 7:19 am

I am willing to amend to ACCEPT now.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

'Maul' [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Maul' [WIP]   'Maul' [WIP] EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 7:23 am

I saw some RP and wasn't too happy about it. The character was powergaming in a bar fight. If this is mended I am willing to give this my accept.
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

'Maul' [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Maul' [WIP]   'Maul' [WIP] EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:32 am

Uh, it wasnt powergame, everyone there could vouch for me ._.

Even the guy I was rping with agreed with us

It was a lanky man who I already had in my grasp, he even agreed that he was pinned down
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

'Maul' [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Maul' [WIP]   'Maul' [WIP] EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:42 am

Weiher or not it was agreed upon after the fact that it happen is a different story, the fact that you powergamed that action before consent it what troubles my idea on this character. It is very easy to powergame as a larger character but it's something you have to keep your mind on. I never powergame my lycan and it is a large creature that can pretty much overpower everyone near it. You just need to know when you're doing something wrong.

It's nothing personal, it's just what I saw. There is no need to get offended.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

'Maul' [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Maul' [WIP]   'Maul' [WIP] EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 9:18 am

I don't see a reason to make a big deal out of it if everyone involved agreed with the situation.
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

'Maul' [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Maul' [WIP]   'Maul' [WIP] EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 3:23 pm

Bump
Back to top Go down
Black Banana Party
Giant Scrub
Black Banana Party

'Maul' [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Maul' [WIP]   'Maul' [WIP] EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 6:12 am

Me Gusta this character. You don't go mauling everyone in sight, which is a good thing. You also keep RP relatively fair for people. I also just like your RP in general on all of your characters, so for that I'm okay with this char.
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

'Maul' [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Maul' [WIP]   'Maul' [WIP] EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 7:07 am

woop woop, I think dats all of dem. Move the thread plox?
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

'Maul' [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Maul' [WIP]   'Maul' [WIP] EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 9:56 am

Done.

postcount +1
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Vengaboy
Atlas

'Maul' [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Maul' [WIP]   'Maul' [WIP] EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 2:05 pm

Munroe wrote:
Done.

postcount +1

*Que Final Fantasy Music* Level up!

Also, edited his possessions, he now has swog and a black Doublet with a large jacket
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

'Maul' [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Maul' [WIP]   'Maul' [WIP] Empty

Back to top Go down

'Maul' [WIP]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aeria Roleplay :: Character Compendium-
Jump to: