HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Cameron De'Aldiers - Special Ability: Alchohol/Potion Resistance

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
avatar

Posts : 458
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 23
Location : South Western Pennsylvania, 'Merica

PostSubject: Cameron De'Aldiers - Special Ability: Alchohol/Potion Resistance   Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:12 am

My character, Cameron De'Aldiers, while partaking of manners and civility, was indeed young once. Cameron had a penchant for the drink, and had himself quite a few good binges. He has developed a bit of tolerance for alcohol, and is as well, a natural heavyweight. As such, he's able to not only withstand the effects of alcohol, he's able to withstand the effects of various potions and poisons as well.

This means, he might require more than one dose of a potion for it to take effect; for healing remedies and liquors, this is bad, but for poisons or disease-attacks, this is good.

Just as well, specific to alcohol, Cameron's younger days are not without cost. A night of heavy binge drinking will result in his unavoidable displeasure and pain for at least the day after. Cameron De'Aldiers, in a more advanced time, would perhaps be the image of someone bordering liver disease.

_________________
Character Syllabus:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
avatar

Posts : 335
Join date : 2012-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Cameron De'Aldiers - Special Ability: Alchohol/Potion Resistance   Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:42 am

I'm not entirely sure. But in Aeria, Alchemy is magic. So it wouldn't be processed through the liver, like alcohol.

Which would lead to your idea of resisting alchemical concoctions through alcohol consumption impossible.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
avatar

Posts : 458
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 23
Location : South Western Pennsylvania, 'Merica

PostSubject: Re: Cameron De'Aldiers - Special Ability: Alchohol/Potion Resistance   Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:54 am

thorogoodd wrote:
I'm not entirely sure. But in Aeria, Alchemy is magic. So it wouldn't be processed through the liver, like alcohol.

Which would lead to your idea of resisting alchemical concoctions through alcohol consumption impossible.

You are quite right, my good sir. It would seem that potion resistance is out the window. That I can understand.

But what about conventional, realistic poisons?

_________________
Character Syllabus:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
avatar

Posts : 335
Join date : 2012-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Cameron De'Aldiers - Special Ability: Alchohol/Potion Resistance   Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:24 am

Again, it depends on the poison. If the poison is applied to the skin rather than ingested, then no it's not going to help at all. If it's ingested, then maybe. If gets into the bloodstream though, there's really nothing your liver can do.

If it's a magical type of alchemical poison, doubtful it will help.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
avatar

Posts : 458
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 23
Location : South Western Pennsylvania, 'Merica

PostSubject: Re: Cameron De'Aldiers - Special Ability: Alchohol/Potion Resistance   Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:36 am

thorogoodd wrote:
Again, it depends on the poison. If the poison is applied to the skin rather than ingested, then no it's not going to help at all. If it's ingested, then maybe. If gets into the bloodstream though, there's really nothing your liver can do.

If it's a magical type of alchemical poison, doubtful it will help.

Alrighty then, I'll go through some editing the text above, but the idea of him being able to Resistic Non-magical Ingested Poisons/Drugs would be the point I'm working towards now. = P

_________________
Character Syllabus:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
avatar

Posts : 602
Join date : 2012-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Cameron De'Aldiers - Special Ability: Alchohol/Potion Resistance   Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:51 am

Thoro raises a good point, but the Sacred Field can build up a tolerance to potions the same way the body can grow to resist chemicals. If you drink excessive amounts of a particular potion over a long period of time, you could develop a resistance to it. And unlike the liver, the Sacred Field would give you that resistance even if the potion is injected straight into the blood.

I should write this down somewhere.

_________________
Die standing.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
avatar

Posts : 458
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 23
Location : South Western Pennsylvania, 'Merica

PostSubject: Re: Cameron De'Aldiers - Special Ability: Alchohol/Potion Resistance   Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:20 am

Munroe wrote:
Thoro raises a good point, but the Sacred Field can build up a tolerance to potions the same way the body can grow to resist chemicals. If you drink excessive amounts of a particular potion over a long period of time, you could develop a resistance to it. And unlike the liver, the Sacred Field would give you that resistance even if the potion is injected straight into the blood.

I should write this down somewhere.

I agree to this. = ) Always good to have excessive lore.

BooM mentioned that Marcus Olm sold Pleasure Potions. If these exist, I'm sure Cameron has a resistance to those.

_________________
Character Syllabus:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
avatar

Posts : 629
Join date : 2012-02-22
Age : 23
Location : Paradise City, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Cameron De'Aldiers - Special Ability: Alchohol/Potion Resistance   Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:22 am

Marcus "Motherfucking" Olm is not a drug dealer and if he knew of such a place to buy such drugs in a three story building in Surna, he would not be able to discuss details on the subject at hand.

My lawyer told me to say this.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 457
Join date : 2012-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Cameron De'Aldiers - Special Ability: Alchohol/Potion Resistance   Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:07 pm

Wait a minute. While Alchemy might be a form of magic, in Olden, alcohol and such would technically be "alchemy". Alchemy in Olden is akin to Chemistry, including Organic Chemistry, and the liver would use alchemic reactions to do the same thing. So wouldn't this be feasible? Potions would be filtered through the liver, wouldn't they?

_________________
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
avatar

Posts : 406
Join date : 2012-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Cameron De'Aldiers - Special Ability: Alchohol/Potion Resistance   Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Magic liver... He must be a Scot, or a Razel.

_________________