Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ariel Veit

Go down 
+3
Cakebread
Dominator046
BooM
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BooM
Archmage
BooM

Ariel Veit Empty
PostSubject: Ariel Veit   Ariel Veit EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 6:21 am

Ariel Veit 15ysltl

Thanks to Krug for inspiring me to write this and helping me along the way.
Quote :
Full Name: Ariel Veit
Nickname(s): The Jury
-Looks as if she were thirty-ish.
Race: Aasimar
Languages: Occitanian, Common, Sidan, Inferian, Aru, Elven, Goblin
-Many languages were picked up traveling the lands with her caravan.
Birthplace: Traveling the roads of Sanctimonia with her caravan.
Family: Conway Veit - Older Brother
Quote :
Alignment: Lawful Good
Deities: Tyr, Aten, Illmatyr
-Though chiefly Tyr
Hair Color: Golden blonde
Hair Style: Somewhat long
Eye Color: A deep golden color.
-They emit a faint, luminous glow in darkness
Skin Tone: Pale
Height: 6'5
Weight: 154 lbs
Body Type: Slim yet muscular, fit

Quote :
Combat and Strength
Ariel is no master when it comes to combat but she knows the basic movements and tactics used to overpower the enemy from countless hours of practice with her caravan. While she is average height for her people, the Aasimar, she may use her wings to even any height difference against a taller opponent. The Aasimar have been granted greater strength by the divines themselves and are naturally a strong, bulky race.

Agility and Stamina
Contrariety to their opposite lessers, the tieflings, aaismar are slower and less agile people from their strength and heavy armor they usually wear. They deliver strong hits in a short period of time to balance their agile and stamina weaknesses.

Speech
Ariel is not much with words. She barely speaks to other races because she has no real experience with them outside her secluded caravan. She will never be seen drinking alcohol while talking to others, as is the traditions of her people against the drinking of alcohol. Despite traditions she does like the taste of freshly cooked meat, but will only satisfy her tastes every few weeks.
Quote :
Traveling the roads of Aeria with the blessing of the three divines: Tyr, Aten, and Illmatyr, the Aasimar never settle down to one place for too long. As such, Ariel was born while crossing a river around Sanctimonia. She showed obvious signs of the Aasimar blood that courses through her with small bulges on his upper shoulder blades. The caravan did not come to a halt and instead drove forward past Vale and through the nation states of Occitan. The caravan itself made very few stops, always moving in a direction guided by Tyr and his Light. Early in his childhood they taught her the values Tyr, Aten, and Illmatyr to ensure she would be a paladin for the good of Aeria against the evil that plagues it. Though tired of the lessons they constantly told him day and night, Ariel knew they were for the best for his people.

Ariel rarely left her caravan, and when she did she was not far from it. The safety and the protection of the caravan was beginning to be her main focus in everything she did. When venturing into the towns to gather supplies from the locals Ariel and the others leading her never really spoke to other people other than merchants they came to trust over the many years traveling the roads as nomads. They were treated like outcasts by some and messengers of Tyr by others. Tales of their valor in battle and calmness to other races was never shown to Ariel but she found that her people lived a rather secluded lifestyle, never wanting to bring harm to their caravan or to the people in it. They didn't seek to start fights with other travelers, good or evil, instead just past them by without exchanging words or further interaction.

Though the innocence of the young lady aasimar soon faded when she learned the fundamentals of war and purging darkness if it was ever needed. She held her first mace at the age of eight and since then has never separated from one. Taught to preserve life even at its most basic levels, the aasimar never really knew how to fight if her life was in danger, which she thought would be the true test of how well she knew to fight. Ariel became torn.. to fight and purge darkness as her brother had or just simply leave it be and hope that it will not threaten them. Her desire, her ambition, was quelled by the intervention of the elders, who told her that she was young and the effects of the Dark Gods might be tainting her. Their lies kept her with the caravans for years to come, but events continued to pull her away.

At thirty, Ariel was married to another paladin so that they might produce stronger warriors for the caravan. This being completely normal to her caravan, Ariel accepted as she thought her place was with the caravans. This, however, couldn't be more wrong. Ariel's firstborn child revealed to her the evils of the the world she hardly knew. A hellspawn was born to her that day. It wasn't even given a name before it was brutally murdered by Ariel and the other caravan paladins, but this was another tradition to the aasimar people.. the long standing feud between the aasimar and the tieflings - both told to be touched by the divine.

Ariel was outcasted for the birth of such a monstrous and hellish creature. No one could hate her as much as she hated herself at that moment. In the blink of an eye everything she ever knew, everything she ever cared about was taken from her for having a child with the blood of demons in its veins. The only thing left was her brother and what paladins went off with him to take the fight to the darkness of Aeria. The continuous use of the word Surna was something Conrad always spoke of. Thus, she sought out this city of darkness fabled in the history lessons told to her in youth.

Quote :
Inventory

[Steel helmet] x1
[Steel cuirass] x1
[Steel gauntlets] x1
[Light clothing set] x1
[Shillings] x12

Last edited by BooM on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

Ariel Veit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ariel Veit   Ariel Veit EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 7:13 am

Accept.

She seems quite in character, and quite even powered. = ) I look forward to seeing her roleplay, oh wait, I'm actually seeing it now. Very well done.

Last edited by Dominator046 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : General Failing)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Ariel Veit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ariel Veit   Ariel Veit EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 8:07 am

Avacyn restored I see.

Must be some sort of fan art, don't think I've seen that printed on any cards.
Back to top Go down
Cakebread
Vengaboy
Cakebread

Ariel Veit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ariel Veit   Ariel Veit EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 8:12 am

Accepetemente,

Pretty good IC from what I saw.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Ariel Veit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ariel Veit   Ariel Veit EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 8:17 am

Perfectly adhering to the lore, right mind and attitude, reason for deviation. Wonderfully formatted page and biography.

But fuck all that,

Quote :
Family: Conway Veit - Older Brother

Ariel Veit 13BYT

I know why I'm accepting this.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Ariel Veit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ariel Veit   Ariel Veit EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 9:31 am

cool
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

Ariel Veit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ariel Veit   Ariel Veit EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 9:54 am

3 accepts
1 admin accept
hooah
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Ariel Veit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ariel Veit   Ariel Veit EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:55 pm

And record for the fastest accepted character ever to come to Olden goes to Ariel Veit, the woman who uses a katana scabbard for her rapier.

or so this picture leads me to believe
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

Ariel Veit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ariel Veit   Ariel Veit EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 6:27 pm

you know...

Jacque may be on to something.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

Ariel Veit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ariel Veit   Ariel Veit EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 8:38 pm

This is based off the lore that Christoph, Krug, and I pulled together, right? For the Aasimar?

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Ariel Veit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ariel Veit   Ariel Veit EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 8:40 pm

Pat wrote:
This is based off the lore that Christoph, Krug, and I pulled together, right? For the Aasimar?

What gave it away? Was it her being an Aasimar?
it's based off of the new thread's lore yes
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

Ariel Veit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ariel Veit   Ariel Veit EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 5:03 am

I think it is retarded. The speed at which the character was accepted, not the lore.

Okay the lore too. But only because Pat was involved.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

Ariel Veit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ariel Veit   Ariel Veit EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:25 am

2pro
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Ariel Veit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ariel Veit   Ariel Veit EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:47 am

PhoenixRhapsody wrote:
I think it is retarded. The speed at which the character was accepted

Do you want us to slow down the process then? :V

We had no reason to say no, or at least I didn't have any points to raise.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

Ariel Veit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ariel Veit   Ariel Veit EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:49 am

well, this is not exactly a picture perfect process, and at times, it may seem unfair, although for the most part, it's pretty fair. but while you're thinkin "whoa should we have let this char in so quick," let me offer a reality check

there are times when we should be careful and play it safe with establishing progress, like with nuclear energy, nanobots, cyborgs and artificial intelligence

character approvals, eh. i'd rather not let them just sit around.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Ariel Veit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ariel Veit   Ariel Veit EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 11:46 am

Sometimes people just can't come to a consensus on a particular app. It happens.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Ariel Veit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ariel Veit   Ariel Veit EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:04 pm

Actually.

The card for that picture is Thalia, Guardian of Thraben.

Eat shit, nerds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ariel Veit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ariel Veit   Ariel Veit Empty

Back to top Go down

Ariel Veit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aeria Roleplay :: Character Compendium-
Jump to: