Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bepem "Cog" Mazelf

Go down 
+2
Munroe
Venom OPS
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

Bepem "Cog" Mazelf Empty
PostSubject: Bepem "Cog" Mazelf   Bepem "Cog" Mazelf EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:36 am

Bepem "Cog" Mazelf

Quote :
Nicknames: Bep, Gears, Cog
Height: 6',2"
Weight: 185 pounds
Build: Medium, muscular arms
Race: Human/Dvergar
Skin Color: Generally pale, but tan wherever skin is exposed (Due to staying at his stand all day)
Recognizable Features: Being of Dvergar blood, he has the recognizable height and pointed ears, but lacks the large beards of most, sporting a goatee instead. Friendly and gentle sounding voice, rarely raised.
Hair: Dark Brown, short and spiked
Eyes: Sectoral Heterocrhomia, Mostly blue eye with three evenly spaced green sections per eye
Birthplace: Talibar
Languages: Common, Dvergar
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Deity: Gond - God of Artifice, Craft, Construction, Smith-work. Son of Akash
(Ideals believed, only worshiped when he begins to lack ideas).
Occupation:Head of the Surna Heartland Crafts Guild, Craftsman, inventor, salesman, and owner of "Cog Crafting Corporation".
Preferred Attire: Likes to be dressed in a suit usually, but his profession can somewhat limit him to wearing more practical clothing.
Preferred Weapon: Generally no preference, but likes to use his own creations (Usually a multi-sword)

Biography:
Quote :
To be added when Pat adds his lore, will allow for a more immersive backstory.

Summary[/center]
Bepem Mazelf was born to a part human and part Dver family. His grandparents worked and actively contributed as inventors to the Simmons Corporation prior to its liquidation. During this process, Simmons had asked for the Mazelf family to hold one of his company's most closely guarded piece of technology, a Jet Engine. This engine used fire wills to power a cycle that constantly pumps air, renewing itself. With this, the Mazelf family would continue their normal lives, guarding the engine all the while. Bepem's father worked as a clocksmith, so it was natural that he would take an interest in that field. Working in his father's business, Bepem learned quickly how to make clockwork mechanisms, and would make unusual gadgets in his spare time. When his parents thought he was ready, they revealed to him their secret. By this time, there was a simple frame set up around the engine, used to display its pneumatic abilities. Bepem took inspiration by this, and would seek to learn how to make a true construct using this, and what better place than in a Dver City? Traveling to the Khadrins, Bepem would locate a Dvergar city where he would attempt to settle into. After some preliminary difficulties, Bepem would successfully acquire a job as an apprentice, aiding a Dver engineer. After years of apprenticeship, Bepem would learn to master techniques that would aid him in his own engineering pursuits. Over a course of a year or two, Bepem would finally finish Portisculus, and set out to implement his skills in a field that would allow him to. Surprised by the lack of true technological companies, Bepem set out to create his own, taking with him a stand, Portisculus, a handful of coins, and the name "Cog's Crafting Corporation". With that, he set off to find a town to settle in, and begin his business.

Portisculus:
Spoiler:
Portisculus is the result of Bepem's ancestors efforts, and his own efforts to incorporate the prototype Simmons Co. Jet Engine into an operational piece of technology, which was chosen to be an automaton. Using the Jet's Air and electrical energies as well as clockwork mechanisms, Portisculus is able to run for a very long amount of time and utilize multiple tools and weapons. Portisculus consists of a large Bronze orb, with multiple components stored internally for the most part, the most important component being the engine that powers him. Portisculus is usually in its orb form, internal structure contained within it as it rolls around following Bepem. Once a compressed starter can is place inside of the orb, a small explosion sets off the reaction that enables the engine, causing Portisculus to unfold and reach its standard state. In this state, Portisculus is stabilized and moves on three legs, has two arms, his optics are reveals, and he can be equipped with a multitude of tools that that can vary from a claw to a crossbow. Portisculus' current equipment is a dual-fingered manipulation claw and a rocker-arrow launcher with a capacity of ten arrows.
Traits:
Quote :
Dvergar Blood:
Being born of Dvergar blood, Bepem naturally was skilled with craftsmanship, and always had that drive to create machinery and new inventions. With his training in Dvergar craftsmanship and blacksmith techniques, Bepem had fully tapped into his bloodline, quickly excelling in creating more powerful and ingenious designs and machines. His bloodline also sets him in higher light than most outsiders in regards to the Dvergar civilization.

Craftsmanship Skills: High
Blacksmith Skills: Medium-High
Dvengar Diplomatic Standing: Medium-High

Backyard training:
Receiving no formal training in the usage of swords or melee weapons until his later life, Bepem would toy around with his own creations until he would master them. This basic development of training led Bepem to wield his own tools with extreme efficiency and effectiveness until he would learn proper swordsmanship and riflery from his Dvergar trainers.

Melee Weapon Handling: Medium-High with most weapons, High with his own
Swordsmanship: Medium-high
Firearms: Medium-High with most, High with his own

Leather and Mail and Plates, Oh My!
If the time ever came, Bepem would most likely wear heavy armor which he is most comfortable in. Learning most of his craftsmanship from Dver, he also trained with their heavy armors as well.

Heavy Armor Training: High

The Post-Pioneer:
Studying the engine that is contained within Portisculus, Bepem has learned to re-wire and build basic copies of the technology displayed, along with the other wired components within the Construct. Along with this knowledge, Bepem has also learned to use the multiple forms of energy and power that the engine outputs, making compatible objects, tools, and weapons for Portisculus.

Wiring Skill/Knowledge: Medium
Jet Knowledge:Medium
Pneumatic Based Technology Skills: High
Electronics Knowledge: Medium-High
Electricity Knowledge: Medium

Quote :
Inventory:
+= His standard work attire: Leather jacket, black boots, overalls, white undershirt, and multiple utility pouches.
+= Assorted tools including (but not limited to) a hammer, wrench and screwdriver.
+= A hip-mounted quiver, containing a few spare rocket-arrows (Rocket arrows are simply arrows with a small rocket attached to each, allowing an increase in force and impact, but a decrease in range and accuracy).
+= Customized clock-work bronze multi-sword.
+= Coin-pouch containing five-hundred shillings.
+= Pair of magnifying goggles.
+= Portisculus

Completed Pieces:

[quote]Cameron De'Aldiern's Custom Wrist-Watch
Spoiler:
Ada Laine's Compass
Spoiler:
Woolie's Spring-Driven Dagger
Spoiler:
Erik Fisher's Clockwork Razor
Spoiler:

Last edited by Venom OPS on Wed May 08, 2013 11:33 am; edited 18 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/VenomOps
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Bepem "Cog" Mazelf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bepem "Cog" Mazelf   Bepem "Cog" Mazelf EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 12:21 pm

I'm going to wait for Pat's verdict, but it looks good to me so far. We don't have enough dvergar in this RP.

Just needs a bio.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

Bepem "Cog" Mazelf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bepem "Cog" Mazelf   Bepem "Cog" Mazelf EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 1:03 pm

Sure took a lot of work to bring this character into being. I look forward to seeing him in RP, and hopefully, there won't be much ironing out of details.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

Bepem "Cog" Mazelf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bepem "Cog" Mazelf   Bepem "Cog" Mazelf EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 5:36 pm

I really like the style of this character. I wouldn't think that dvergar blood would give him a natural talent/interest in machinery/artiface, being more of a cultural/societal thing, but that doesn't really matter since a dver father or mother could have the same effect , especially while living in a ever household. I also find myself inexplicably liking the use of 'dver', even though that came about through no input of mine. I'm leaning towards accepting this, while being excited to read his backstory. Just a few things. Tell me about that pneumatic pistol and cartridges. While you're at it, tell me about those rocket arrows.

Also. It's my intent to write up the dvergar lore when I return from my exile (moving). Hopefully that will come in time for it to help you with your biography, but if it doesn't, don't take that as a restriction. Go ahead and write it.
Back to top Go down
Black Banana Party
Giant Scrub
Black Banana Party

Bepem "Cog" Mazelf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bepem "Cog" Mazelf   Bepem "Cog" Mazelf EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 5:59 am

I like the idea of this kind of character, I think a variety of things could happen. I support this.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

Bepem "Cog" Mazelf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bepem "Cog" Mazelf   Bepem "Cog" Mazelf EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 7:10 am

EDIT: Changes in Inventory (Added descriptions), Removed specialized magics, Added Portisculus' section.

I will add a bio later on when certain things have been cleared up. Working on a summary in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

Bepem "Cog" Mazelf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bepem "Cog" Mazelf   Bepem "Cog" Mazelf EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 7:58 am

Another edit.

Changed Music, added Summary.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Bepem "Cog" Mazelf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bepem "Cog" Mazelf   Bepem "Cog" Mazelf EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 9:56 am

I'd be willing to offer this an accept, after talking to Venom.

I do again however keep hold of the right to change that to a pending if Pat or otherwise comes out of nowhere with an objection.

Also what a lovely page and great detail, :3.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

Bepem "Cog" Mazelf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bepem "Cog" Mazelf   Bepem "Cog" Mazelf EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 11:15 am

Very nicely written, and seems pretty balanced to me

SUPPORT +
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

Bepem "Cog" Mazelf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bepem "Cog" Mazelf   Bepem "Cog" Mazelf EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 11:20 am

3/3 Community approvals, 0/1 admin.
I know it is kinda preemptive, but the summary I believe justifies the majority of his abilities. Once some better lore is in place, i'll consider doing a full fledged biography, but frankly I care more for in-game progression and storytelling rather than his past. Not saying it won't be improved, as now it is just a rudimentary bio, but the addition of solid lore will help me finalize it.

So as for now, i'd very much appreciate if one of the admins who looked over this could give it a yay or nay, be it Kain, Munroe, or Pat.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Bepem "Cog" Mazelf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bepem "Cog" Mazelf   Bepem "Cog" Mazelf EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 11:43 am

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

Bepem "Cog" Mazelf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bepem "Cog" Mazelf   Bepem "Cog" Mazelf EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:14 am

Update: Added sold pieces.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

Bepem "Cog" Mazelf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bepem "Cog" Mazelf   Bepem "Cog" Mazelf EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 1:08 pm

Bepem's future will rely on whether or not a new backstory can be formed for him, and if my appeals succeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bepem "Cog" Mazelf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bepem "Cog" Mazelf   Bepem "Cog" Mazelf Empty

Back to top Go down

Bepem "Cog" Mazelf
Page 1 of 1