Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Milo Hoffman

Go down 
+7
Munroe
Dominator046
PhoenixRhapsody
Markka
lordcharlo
Rutabega
Milo
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Milo
Scrublet
Milo

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:54 am

Name:
Milo Hoffman

“It ain’t no secret I didn’t get these scars for falling over in church”

_________________________________________________________________________________

Race:
Human

Birth Location:
Unknown

Deity:
N/A
__________________________________________________________________________________

Bio :
Spoiler:

Physical Description :
Spoiler:

Inventory:
Spoiler:

Skills :

Spoiler:

Last edited by Milo on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:21 am; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:34 am

While minimalistic isn't a problem (it's how my first char page was) I'd like to know if there's any powers, abilities or equipment that might be relevant?
Back to top Go down
Milo
Scrublet
Milo

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Rutabega wrote:
While minimalistic isn't a problem (it's how my first char page was) I'd like to know if there's any powers, abilities or equipment that might be relevant?

No Powers or anything special..
Equipement: A basic Iron armor and a cloak..
Back to top Go down
lordcharlo
Scrublet
lordcharlo

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:03 pm

Yes, mention clothing, weapons, etc. Also, this character doesnt have powers because i've asked him about that already.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Dedicated Poster
Markka

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:11 pm

You also had a wrist blade and pickaxe you used as weapons against the crystal beasts, did you not?
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 2:56 am

I am going to deny. I noticed some asspulling yesterday in the crystal beast event. I strongly dislike asspulling.

The minimalistic approach to an app in itself is not a problem so long as the app contains the important things: powers, all weapons and armor, training and knowledge, a bio that explains why they have what they have and know what they know. If those are met, and this one does not, then I have no problem.
Back to top Go down
lordcharlo
Scrublet
lordcharlo

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 4:38 am

PhoenixRhapsody wrote:
I am going to deny. I noticed some asspulling yesterday in the crystal beast event. I strongly dislike asspulling.

The minimalistic approach to an app in itself is not a problem so long as the app contains the important things: powers, all weapons and armor, training and knowledge, a bio that explains why they have what they have and know what they know. If those are met, and this one does not, then I have no problem.

I made a couple of weapons for him, he didn't asspull the wrist blade. He apperantly just tied a weapon I made around his wrist. He roleplayed mining all day yesterday and I roleplayed making him weapons all day from the materials he got me. NOT asspulled.
Back to top Go down
Milo
Scrublet
Milo

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 4:42 am

PhoenixRhapsody wrote:

First of all..the pickaxe i use to mine..the weapons i have are made by Lord..and the wrist blade i have ..i tied a dagger to my wrist...simple as that...no ass pulling.
Back to top Go down
Milo
Scrublet
Milo

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 4:45 am

Milo wrote:
PhoenixRhapsody wrote:

First of all..the pickaxe i use to mine..the weapons i have are made by Lord..and the wrist blade i have ..i tied a dagger to my wrist...simple as that...no ass pulling.

And i got those weapons AFTER i made an app..
Back to top Go down
lordcharlo
Scrublet
lordcharlo

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 5:37 am

So what you're going to need is a skills section, and an inventory section. Don't rate skills out of 10 or anything because that isn't a good comparison and no one knows exactly how much skill that is. Explain what he can do with each skill and how good he is at it. (2 sentence minimal) Also, for inventory, Just say what you have on your character. The character's skills and inventory vary depending on how good your character gets from experience or what items you have. It's good to keep everyone updated.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 6:11 am

There is no reason to get butthurt. I simply call it asspulling when it is not put on the character sheet. Just put it on there.

I am fine if you don't update the character sheet after it has been approved, that is all up to you, but in the trial time, we need to know everything you have whether you got it ICly or not. This just keeps us in the loop and provides a good base to determine where you are starting from.

Also, as scrubs to the server, you don't need to make alliances to defend each other. Nothing in the approval process should be inflammatory. If it is, take it up with a Mod or Admin. I appreciate you trying to defend him lordcharlo, but it is entirely unnecessary.

Each person is entitled to deny or approve any character on the grounds that they have a proper reason. Mine was that I saw weapons on the trial character that were absent from the character app. I will be willing to change my verdict when the proper changes have been made.
Back to top Go down
lordcharlo
Scrublet
lordcharlo

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 6:46 am

PhoenixRhapsody wrote:
There is no reason to get butthurt. I simply call it asspulling when it is not put on the character sheet. Just put it on there.

I am fine if you don't update the character sheet after it has been approved, that is all up to you, but in the trial time, we need to know everything you have whether you got it ICly or not. This just keeps us in the loop and provides a good base to determine where you are starting from.

Also, as scrubs to the server, you don't need to make alliances to defend each other. Nothing in the approval process should be inflammatory. If it is, take it up with a Mod or Admin. I appreciate you trying to defend him lordcharlo, but it is entirely unnecessary.

Each person is entitled to deny or approve any character on the grounds that they have a proper reason. Mine was that I saw weapons on the trial character that were absent from the character app. I will be willing to change my verdict when the proper changes have been made.

I'm not butthurt and i'm not making a so called "Alliance". That is actually quite rude of you to say. Defending him IS necesary in this case because you are holding a grudge against him and denying his page before it's even complete. I believe you are the one that is butthurt and you are flaming his page. And by the way, PhoenixRhapsody the Scrub, forum rank has nothing to do with aeria roleplay, it's completely irrelevent and is based off how many posts you have.
Back to top Go down
lordcharlo
Scrublet
lordcharlo

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 7:53 am

Anyways, not that my word means much. But the page looks pretty good now apart from the bio. Keep working on it and it will look great. Approval.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:42 am

I'm going to lean towards Approve, He hasstrong phyisque and learning ability, along with his own weaknesses. What I would say is that maybe over the course of the roleplay, he could get better? IDeveloping your character through roleplay is where the good stuff happens. Perhaps eventually he could become more skilled with his sword, learning to wield it carefully and skillfully eventually, instead of being an amateur sword fighter with a good build.

Especially since your character is young, he could definitely get experience over the roleplay, maybe if there are time skips or major events, he could easily become a bad dude.

I'd still like to see more in terms of a bio, but, this is good enough for me, from what I'm seeing.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:55 am

lordcharlo wrote:
forum rank has nothing to do with aeria roleplay, it's completely irrelevent and is based off how many posts you have.

Precisely.

Please be civil to each other on the forums and do not discriminate against the newer players. This is how we lose population.

Anyways, onto the page itself: The starting equipment and abilities seem okay, but the bio is pitiful. Could you flesh it out to where it's longer than just one sentence? A short paragraph, at least.

I'll say pending for now. I still need to evaluate how you RP as this guy.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:01 pm

Approved
Nothing really to dislike, just, mediocre.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/VenomOps
Milo
Scrublet
Milo

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:39 pm

Venom OPS wrote:
Approved
Nothing really to dislike, just, mediocre.

Thanks man *thumbs up * i thank you for doing an approve on my app..i hope more people do :3
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 4:18 pm

I've seen him rp. He ended up getting his ass kicked in the crystal event which is to be expected. I'll accept until I see a reason to change my mind.

Run into a gunfight again though and I'll see you mowed down by a hailstorm of bullets.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 4:38 pm

I just noticed this; you put down that he can hoist 300 lb over his shoulder. Unless he's an olympic athlete, that'd be pretty difficult, wouldn't you say? I think a more realistic amount would be 100 lb or so, and that's pushing it.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 10:23 pm

do you even lift???
Back to top Go down
Milo
Scrublet
Milo

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:54 am

Munroe wrote:
I just noticed this; you put down that he can hoist 300 lb over his shoulder. Unless he's an olympic athlete, that'd be pretty difficult, wouldn't you say? I think a more realistic amount would be 100 lb or so, and that's pushing it.

he is very strong but i guess 300 is pushing it ..ima turn down to 200? 100?
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:30 am

Just tone it down. 100 is tops to just "throw over your shoulder."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 3:56 am

If all's well and addressed, an approval I suppose I could toss in.

But you couldn't tie a dagger to your hand strong enough to make it an actual weapon without cutting off all the circulation, surely. It'd just like... come loose when you stabbed at someone. Also the weight factors into it, too.

HMMMM.
Back to top Go down
Milo
Scrublet
Milo

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 4:20 am

Krug wrote:

But you couldn't tie a dagger to your hand strong enough to make it an actual weapon without cutting off all the circulation, surely. It'd just like... come loose when you stabbed at someone. Also the weight factors into it, too.

HMMMM.

Yeah i know...My character isnt the brightest of all but he has his ideas..even though they arent that good sometimes..
Back to top Go down
Milo
Scrublet
Milo

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: bump   Milo Hoffman EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:06 pm

Milo wrote:
Krug wrote:

HMMMM.

Yeah i know...My character isnt the brightest of all but he has his ideas..even though they arent that good sometimes..

bump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Milo Hoffman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milo Hoffman   Milo Hoffman Empty

Back to top Go down

Milo Hoffman
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aeria Roleplay :: Character Compendium-
Jump to: