Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reis Ti

Go down 
+5
Cakebread
Kain
Munroe
Venom OPS
PhoenixRhapsody
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 3:43 pm

Reis Ti Phoeni11

Reis Ti

Theme Song

Powers:

General Stats:

Combat Skill:

Sex: Female
Weight: 127 lbs. or 57.6 kg
Height: 5'7" or 170.2 cm
Language(s): Sidan (Outcast Dialect), Common (Relatively good but not perfect.)

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Deity: N/A

Complete List of Items
Clothing and plain facial jewelry. A small, impure, uncut, and fractured piece of cordonium the size of the nail on her pinky finger.

Task(s)
Quote :
    1. Make a name for herself, other than "witch." Current.

2. Return to Sida when she is powerful enough, the raze it to the ground. Long-term

Achievement(s)
Quote :
  • Paladin - Killed a demon. 8/20/12
  • Corrupted Mind - Learn about undergarments. 8/21/12
  • Awkward Situation - Sleep in a bed with someone of the same sex. 8/23/12
  • Employer - Hire someone to do something. 8/24/12
  • Jail Bird - Get arrested. 8/29/12

Personality
She is a rough around the edges, but no worse for the wear. Her attitude is confident, bordering on egotistical, but with a sweet side when you get to know her. Reis enjoys asking the questions that men often ask, such as religion and politics. She will also play the devils' advocate for the sake of arguement.

Biography
Spoiler:

Last edited by PhoenixRhapsody on Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:41 pm; edited 13 times in total (Reason for editing : Made it nicer.)
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:13 pm

I'm newer to this community, but this character does seem to be very, very powerful.
Even if her stamina lowers from all these actions, the fact that she is extremely powerful doesn't make it any different.
Not giving any more input, as there isn't any much more for me to do.
As for approval, not going to say, since still relatively new.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/VenomOps
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:26 pm

Thank you for your vague and utterly unenlightening input, scrublet.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:39 pm

And thank you for ignoring the fact that any member of the community can comment. Want my honest opinion? You haven't been all that great with using your characters powers, and that's from SRP. I've heard you conduct yourself better in Aeria, but the hands on experience i've had with you doesn't really put you in a great position for trust on my part. Frankly I find that a character that can make spears from thin air, whenever outside, and hurl them, is rather overpowered. So is trapping someone in stone and smashing them, a obvious PK attack if used on a player. As with constantly being able to make armor from being outside (One breaks, instantly switches another one on). Once again, all this can be tolerated if it is known that the player will not abuse all of it.
However, I am not an mod/admin, so I can't really determine whether or not you can be trusted based on Aeria rp. But once again, cursing out the admin of any server multiple times and remarking on how you've "Planned your demise as an administrator", doesn't put you on great terms with anyone.
So now that you've pried a full response, i'm going to say Denied with this character.
Earth-bending powers make it relatively hard to allow a character who is god whenever they are outside.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 5:08 pm

Now now, no need to get hostile here. Please leave whatever baggage you brought from other communities at the door.

That being said, I do think that this character is too powerful. As I've explained before, we don't want characters being too powerful, regardless of the player's ability to RP them responsibly. This is to promote teamwork and creative thinking during RP events, and contributes to the atmosphere of the setting. During this time period, magic has become increasingly rare and people with spells such as this simply are not around. This character, if accepted, would be more powerful than virtually any other character that exists right now, and that would be problematic.

Not only does she possess high physical strength, her magical abilities are powerful almost to the point of ridiculousness. Metal manipulation. The ability to lift and manipulate up to 1,000 pounds of material. Crushing people to death with rock. If you're dead-set on an earth mage that's fine and dandy, but please tone down the powers. I actually like how you RPed the earthen armor, so maybe keep that and something offensive, like that earth blast she did. I dunno. Just tone it down.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 5:37 pm

I saw through this and noted that individually, these powers aren't unreasonable (except for Stone Tomb) but altogether, they can make Reis a hell of a fighting machine.

So, here's a question for you. If you had to choose only two powers that you could keep, which would you choose? And of the remaining four, if you'd like to have one that you could learn in the future, which would you choose then?

Think on those terms and get back to us.

Now for some more commentary:

Strength: You seem to be defining something else here. According to your description, she's got a lot of energy in her, but I don't understand how this would tone her body all that much if shes only using her powers.

Agility: k

Personality: Uhhh, this doesn't really fit as a stat. If you're referring to something like charisma, that's defined as force of will and presence. Personality doesn't really have a direct affect on stats, and this should go down to sit above the bio or something.

Will: the effects of Willpower greatly extends beyond this small description, but, aight.

Generic skill: I think the word you're looking for is Improvisation.

Long-range Melee: Nope. Made of stone or not, you need to be proficient with a weapon to use it effectively. You can launch your stone spears, whatever, but if you're not skilled with them, then your lack of skill affects your ability to manipulate the item as a weapon.

Riding & Mounted Combat: cute

Ranged Weapons: Her skill with a weapon is defined by her skill with a weapon. Her abilities as a planetouched don't affect her skill because they don't affect any of the governing features behind her skill. At best, she could swing heavier weapons with her levitation thing, I guess, but that doesn't improve her accuracy. In fact, it would probably still worsen it, just because it's larger and more unwieldy.

Unarmed Combat: boob grabs

long story short, i think this profile will require the help of the grace period.
Back to top Go down
Cakebread
Vengaboy
Cakebread

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 6:09 pm

Munroe wrote:
Now now, no need to get hostile here. Please ///leave whatever baggage/// you brought from other communities at the door.

This is to promote teamwork and creative thinking during RP events, and contributes to the atmosphere of the setting. During this time period, magic has become increasingly rare and people with spells such as this simply are not around. This character, if accepted, would be more powerful than virtually any other character that exists right now, and that would be problematic.

Crushing people to death with rock. If you're dead-set on an earth mage that's fine and dandy, but please tone down the powers. I actually like how you RPed the earthen armor, so maybe keep that and something offensive, like that earth blast she did. I dunno. Just tone it down.

I'd change the stone tomb to something like a sudden rock spike up so ye can push people into the air backwards like in League of legends, like one of Chogath's spell

Also metal manipulation shouldn't be 100% deflect, perhaps like a work with Earth armour as well?
Have an easier time to slide blows offwards at an angle so it has less impact?

Also as Kain said, hell of a fighting machine I'd say make sure you chain things respectable to stamina and timing and not like make a combo that can kill in a really short time.

Pending on grace period and bio and changes but all in all I lean towards accept once done.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:45 am

Well, y'all said what I was going to say so let me agree through some lovely looking quotes.

Munroe wrote:
During this time period, magic has become increasingly rare and people with spells such as this simply are not around.

Munroe wrote:
If you're dead-set on an earth mage that's fine and dandy, but please tone down the powers.

Kain wrote:
Strength: You seem to be defining something else here. According to your description, she's got a lot of energy in her, but I don't understand how this would tone her body all that much if shes only using her powers.

Mainly the tone down bit. You get the added bonus of starting low and building up that way, it's actually more fun.

Also just to cancel out any confusion, what race is she? Purely curious.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:12 am

I edited the things that Kain pointed out, as well as Cakebread and Munroe. As for Venom, he tends to just hate on me anyways, so I just ignore him. I would like to point out that I do not summon earth from thin air. I am bound to the laws of physics that say matter can neither be created or destroyed. I can, however, move earth underground and launch it out of the ground.

I removed the Tomb and Prison abilities. I may try to learn something different, like making a person sink down to their waist in the ground. But like Kain suggested, that will be later. I have kept Cakebread's idea and made one purely offensive spell with several modifiers for the sake of fairness. I believe that simply throwing someone up into the air should be weak enough that I don't have to worry about OPing it up. If any of you (except Venom, LOL) disagrees, I am open to further modification.

The last thing I would like you guys to know is that weaving is unnecessary for planetouched. If it were necessary though, I could not use almost any abilities or powers, as my main tools (my hands) would always be doing weaving. I could possibly make a mage that casts by weaving but that would make her a different character altogether and I don't want to do that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:13 am

Rocking the bell bottoms.

I shiggy diggy do.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:20 am

Zaku wrote:
I shiggy diggy do.

:D
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:19 am

The powers are better, but this could use a bio. Doesn't have to be a novel, but at least have something there. What's this about Planetouched not having to weave?
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:43 am

Munroe wrote:
What's this about Planetouched not having to weave?

According to Pat, the planetouched are so in tune with their element that they do not have to weave. His words, not mine. I just relay what he says when it applies to me. If you have further questions, ask him.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:48 am

PhoenixRhapsody wrote:
Munroe wrote:
What's this about Planetouched not having to weave?

According to Pat, the planetouched are so in tune with their element that they do not have to weave. His words, not mine. I just relay what he says when it applies to me. If you have further questions, ask him.

Okay, just asking.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 7:31 am

Added a short bio. Also fixed a couple typos that I noticed. I did not explain the cordonium piece that she found, but it is ostly inconsequential because it's in such poor shape anyways. Being that small, impure, and damaged makes it almost worthless as far as cordonium goes. I do think it would probably be discarded by a normal mage if he found it.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:08 am

Quote :
As for Venom, he tends to just hate on me anyways, so I just ignore him.

Quote :
If any of you (except Venom, LOL) disagrees, I am open to further modification.

I'm pretty certain the only one who hates someone here is you, as since the beginning with the other RP you've displayed a generally hateful tone to me, and continued with that regardless of me being an administrator on that server.

I came to this RP to see where the majority of SRP's people came from, and to get the taste of a new environment. When I attempted to give feedback to your character, you immedietly responded:
Quote :
Thank you for your vague and utterly unenlightening input, scrublet.

Well as I even said, it was vague because I didn't have enough information to fully give you the best review, but I did detect a large amount of power, which everyone else who read noticed. As stated, I simply asked that you should probably lower that ability.

Now that you've edited the app for others, you did remove some powerful elements, but kept a few.
I'll go for a Pending, bordering on Approval, as the "Earthen Armor" still really peeves me out. Maybe stating the durability of it would help out to understand the magnitude of that power.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:50 am

I'm always somewhat hesitant when we're talking about planetouched due to the reason that they don't need to weave for their element. This alone makes them incredibly powerful. The other day during the demon event though I told Phoenix to just take part sans approved character and she performed decently enough, managing to kill one Relinquished before she was wounded and taken out of combat. I'll put a pending since I'd like to see more grace time in the server.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:24 am

Well, to tell you the truth Venom, the way you are posting is not exactly helping me out much. Here is what you should have read before posting on my thread:
https://aeriaroleplay.rpg-board.net/t206-a-formal-complaint-against-the-entire-community-regarding-applications

It outlines a more proper way to post approvals and denials on character apps. I thank you for being specific about the armor however. The strength of the armor depends on the materials at hand, so being in the forest will provide minimal materials for suitable armor. However, in a city with sturdy building materials, there should be great stones to use. There are always materials farther down in the ground for armor, but the larger the armor piece, the more power expended in retrieving the materials. This means that Reis could essentially pull a chestplate of bedrock out of the ground in the forest, but at the loss of strength and time. There is a trade off for trying to move pieces made of stone from far away, so I will continue to take that into account when fighting.

As for you Rutabega, I also left the battle afterwards, having had to use some rather extreme measures to counter the demon. Making a wall of dirt is not so hard for her, but pulling stones from the ground that are suitable to use as armor is taxing. This will often be taken into account, and if it is not, feel free to point it out to me. In a previous post I stated that the reason I wanted her to be planetouched was that I expressly wanted weaving out of the picture. Instead, direct actions, like sticking a hand into the ground and pulling it back out quickly to cast Summon Stalagmite, are used. Also, stomps and punches to earthen materials will affect them. Punching a wall may cause it to break apart or chisel out a weapon. A stomp could raise a wall of dirt or launch a rock into the air. It all depends. These actions are like martial arts, but each one has a reaction from the earth.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:27 am

I already warned you once. Argue with each other in SF if you must, but don't clutter the forums with this stuff. It's pointless.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:31 am

I did read the format and my original post did state that I was not going to be giving a extremely comprehensive review.
As for your explanation on the armor, sounds good.
Going to hold onto a Pending like the other guys just to see how the rp tuns out.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 3:16 am

I fixed a couple more typos, added Sidan as her language, and updated her achievements. :D
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:41 pm

its meh
tone down some of the magic and its ok
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:47 pm

For what it's worth, which might not be much from a Scrublet, but I think you've created a great character here, whom you control and keep balanced to good effect. While I am not entirely sure how a fight with you would work should I be put into that situation, truth be told, I think that's half the fun; = ) The thrill of battle and not knowing how you will fair.

You play fair, you play good in character, and you play unique. I like this, and I definitely approve.
Back to top Go down
Cakebread
Vengaboy
Cakebread

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:48 pm

Since things are now koshered out, Approve.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Dedicated Poster
Markka

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:15 pm

Judging on what I've seen and read so far, Reis seems like a fine character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reis Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reis Ti   Reis Ti Empty

Back to top Go down

Reis Ti
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aeria Roleplay :: Character Compendium-
Jump to: