Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Allaric Aldebourne

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ParadoX
Scrublet
ParadoX

Allaric Aldebourne Empty
PostSubject: Allaric Aldebourne   Allaric Aldebourne EmptyThu May 24, 2012 11:08 am

( I know a lot of this seems vague, this is because I like to start my characters small and work them up. I didn't want to plop a character in with all the knowledge he'll ever need. As for the shortish backstory, I like my characters to reveal the details of their life in-game and in-character.That being said, suggestions and criticisms are always appreciated.)

Allaric Aldebourne

Allaric Aldebourne 2qxsxuu

Race:Human
Birthplace:A small isolated cabin in a forest in the Western Heartlands
Deity:Selas

Description:
A human man with short, unkempt, dark hair and rough stubble. He has a quiet, lightly rasping voice. His eyes are a piercing amber color, and they often dart around as he examines the surroundings. He wears a homemade outfit of various hides and furs. He has a rather solemn and somber look. He carries a bow, a quiver, and a satchel. He wears a pendant with a steel crescent moon on it.

Biography:
Allaric was raised in the forest as the only child of a single father. His mother had died when he was very young, from
illness, his father told him. In the forest he learned to hunt and forage, and to defend himself against wolves and other predators that lurked in the shadows of the trees. He also learned how to cook and smith. Despite his seemingly great life, Allaric was very troubled. He suffered terrible nightmares all his life, always the same. He was tied to a chair watching his mother hang herself. One day, his nineteenth birthday to be precise, Allaric confronted his father about these dreams. His father told him the truth about his mother's death. After he was born, his parents suffered horrifying visions. His father persevered but his mother eventually broke. Convinced Allaric was a demon, she tied him to a chair and set fire to it. She then hung herself in front of him. His father found him in time to rescue him, but his mother was dead. This information only roused more questions for Allaric. What was it that ailed his parents back then? Was he the cause? If so, how? He decided to search for answers away from his home. He packed a bag with food, a map, and a journal and quill, and his bow, and left. His travels eventually led him to Surna. Weary from his travels, he decided to stay there and see what it had to offer.

Skills:

Child of the Forest - Allaric has adjusted to seclusion in the woods. He knows how to track prey and use a bow to kill said prey. He has fair knowledge of what is safe to eat in his native forests and what is not. He can fend for himself in the wilderness, to an extent.

Iron Artistry - Under the guide of his father, Allaric dabbled in smithing. He doesn't know how to craft anything magnificent, but with training and practice, he can be valuable in a forge.

Novice Cook - Allaric's father taught him the bare necessities of preparing food. His meals may not be gourmet, but they are filling and safe to eat.

Raw Cognimancy Potential - Allaric posseses the potential for Cognimancy. When he was a child, his powers ran rampant, but now they lie dormant. With proper training, Allaric could gain control over these powers, but for now they are unusable.

Flaws:

Night Terrors - Allaric suffers horrible nightmares of his mother's death. Sometimes he can't sleep at all, leaving him
exhausted.

Social Anxiety - His secluded lifestyle has left Allaric unable to socialize normally. He is awkward, shy, and likely to
miss social cues.

Naivety - Allaric isn't worldly in the slightest. Much common knowledge is a mystery to him, and he is easily confused.

Inventory:

Provisions: Bread, Water

A map

A Journal

A quill and ink

A pendant

Bow and arrows

Last edited by ParadoX on Fri May 25, 2012 6:42 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

Allaric Aldebourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allaric Aldebourne   Allaric Aldebourne EmptyThu May 24, 2012 1:37 pm

Why does he worship Shar? That's generally something that is strongly frowned upon in the Heartlands.
Back to top Go down
ParadoX
Scrublet
ParadoX

Allaric Aldebourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allaric Aldebourne   Allaric Aldebourne EmptyThu May 24, 2012 2:14 pm

thorogoodd wrote:
Why does he worship Shar? That's generally something that is strongly frowned upon in the Heartlands.

He's not from any populated area in the Heartlands, he lives in a forest, in a cabin with his father. As for the worship of Shar, he likes the night. He finds dark conditions to be preferable during a hunt. And Worship isn't the exact word I'm looking for. He isn't entirely devoted to Shar, he merely respects her and values what she brings. Thank you for bringing that up though!
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

Allaric Aldebourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allaric Aldebourne   Allaric Aldebourne EmptyThu May 24, 2012 2:15 pm

ParadoX wrote:
thorogoodd wrote:

He's not from any populated area in the Heartlands, he lives in a forest, in a cabin with his father. As for the worship of Shar, he likes the night. He finds dark conditions to be preferable during a hunt. And Worship isn't the exact word I'm looking for. He isn't entirely devoted to Shar, he merely respects her and values what she brings. Thank you for bringing that up though!

A better god to look up to if you like the night would be Selas or whatever her name is, she's the goddess of the moon and the night. Shar is the goddess of Darkness, which means mostly evil in her context.
Back to top Go down
Cakebread
Vengaboy
Cakebread

Allaric Aldebourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allaric Aldebourne   Allaric Aldebourne EmptyThu May 24, 2012 2:53 pm

Aye, as thoro suggests, should change deity to Selas since that makes more sense,

Everything else is fine.

Acceptemente

Back to top Go down
Markka
Dedicated Poster
Markka

Allaric Aldebourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allaric Aldebourne   Allaric Aldebourne EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:04 am

What Thororo said.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Allaric Aldebourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allaric Aldebourne   Allaric Aldebourne EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:10 am

A lovely page and character, I doubt we'll have to delve further into this.

My approvals.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Dedicated Poster
Markka

Allaric Aldebourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allaric Aldebourne   Allaric Aldebourne EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:15 am

Also, what Krug said.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Allaric Aldebourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allaric Aldebourne   Allaric Aldebourne EmptyFri May 25, 2012 4:51 am

Denied on the grounds that this character isn't abnormal enough. No animal ears, no demonic possession or extravagant abilities. I don't think this is the RP for you.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Allaric Aldebourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allaric Aldebourne   Allaric Aldebourne EmptyFri May 25, 2012 4:57 am

Moved. Enjoy playing your char, hopefully! or else
Back to top Go down
ParadoX
Scrublet
ParadoX

Allaric Aldebourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allaric Aldebourne   Allaric Aldebourne EmptyFri May 25, 2012 6:45 am

Alright, the deity has been changed. Thank you all for your suggestions and acceptance.
Quote :
this character isn't abnormal enough. No animal ears, no demonic possession or extravagant abilities. I don't think this is the RP for you.
I think that this is a joke. I'm really bad at picking up on sarcasm in text.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Allaric Aldebourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allaric Aldebourne   Allaric Aldebourne EmptyFri May 25, 2012 7:51 am

LOL, it's a joke <3
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Allaric Aldebourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allaric Aldebourne   Allaric Aldebourne EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:31 am

<3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Allaric Aldebourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allaric Aldebourne   Allaric Aldebourne Empty

Back to top Go down

Allaric Aldebourne
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aeria Roleplay :: Character Compendium-
Jump to: